Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ditskid Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:39:57 PM(UTC)
ditskid

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 123 post(s)
I used ccr about 2 weeks ago and it worked fine...
Today I hoped to try the free cuts. I finally chose my paper, hooked everything up, chose the design and hit "cut". When I did, I was told I needed a firmware update. So I allowed the update. It has been well over an hour, it is still on part 1...
I waited all day to play. All important chores are done!

Any suggestions on the update? It says to not disconnect, but I find it hard to belief this is really necessary. And if it is, at this rate I won't be up and working until tomorrow!

Ideas??
:)

Thank you,
Jan
ditskid Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:08:49 PM(UTC)
ditskid

United States

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Anyone?
It's still on part 1.

I'm very sad...
Ann Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:33:03 PM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
Which Expression do you have? If it's the E2 you would probably get more response on the E2 thread.I have the Expression,the only updates i have done have been via my gypsy.Hope you can get some helpSmile
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:43:53 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7905 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ditskid Go to Quoted Post
Anyone?
It's still on part 1.

I'm very sad...

Hopefully by now you have disconnected and started it again. Make sure you disable or exit out of your anti-virus program as it may be blocking the process.
k_stevenson01343d1035 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:48:13 AM(UTC)
k_stevenson01343d1035

Hi,

I just bought the Pink Cricut Expression and when I hooked it up to CCR it promted me that there was an update. I too selected yes to do the update however it has been stuck on part 1 "update firm ware" for over 9 hours. It tells me stopping this process could cause my cricut to no longer function properly. Does any one know what i should do? And unfortunately the cricut support is closed on weekends.. so I can't call them for two days!

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Kayla
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:40:42 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello everyone, if you are experiencing issues with updates like the issues above it is always a great idea to call customer service. Our number is 877-7cricut. We are always happy to assist you! Please give us a call!

-Cricut Gena
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:52:02 AM(UTC)
k_stevenson01343d1035

Hi,
Thank you. I would love to call you guys, but I thought you were closed today as its saturday and do not reopen until Monday when I am at work...? By chance are you open today?

Thank you
Kayla
sanddune9f746c68 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:00:26 AM(UTC)
sanddune9f746c68

I also have been having the same type of problem for the past two days and have sent some less than satisfied emails to provocraft. Even tried the phone number; got all the way through their phone tree and then the phone went dead three times in a row. When I try to update either cricut expression or gypsy, I get a VERY QUICK error message of some kind of "bridge error"; that disappears and then the "initializing sync" goes on forever. Also not happy that I am having trouble linking cartridges w/ my gypsy and not able to sync cartridges w/ craft room that I had previously linked w/ gypsy. I had gypsy pre- the FREE craft room application. All in all, I'm pretty frustrated w/ Cricut/Provocraft and feel like I am not getting my money's worth as a relatively long-time/loyal customer. If I had it all to do over again, I would DEFINITElY buy a hand crank die cut machine that coordinates w/ stamps like the stampin up company.

If anyone has solved any of these problems, I would lOVE to hear from you!!
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:32:34 AM(UTC)
k_stevenson01343d1035

Hi Sanddune,

I totally understand your frustration. I actually just tried to update my expression machine(again!!)that I just bought and it now worked. For some reason I have noticed that updating or linking cartridges to your CCR or updating your gypsy does NOT work when you do it at night or in the evening. I have a feeling that they must do maintenance at night and that is why I always have problems. I find it very frustrating as I work almost the same hours they do and e-mail support only helps so far. Like I said I just did it again and it worked. It updated in less then 15 minutes and I was able to link 3 cartridges to my CCR in less then 30 sec. Even I have to say that was the quickest I have ever had.

I would suggest trying to update again during the day, and hopefully that works. If not I would also suggest contacting this blog:

http://cricutcraftroomblog.blogspot.ca/

as they have been very helpful with some of the problems I had in the past. There is an e-mail address along the right hand side of the screen ( i think about 1/2 way down). I would email them and see if they have any suggestions about the warning messages that you have been getting until the CCR support team gets back to you.

Which cartridges are you not able to link to your gyspy? I had the same problem with the celebrate with florish and had to have a rep link it to my CCR. However, I am unable to sync it to my gypsy. After a whole day of being on the phone and having to basically reboot my gypsy causing me to loose all my projects, it still did not link through. I called and got a very helpful rep the next time and she advised me that this cartridge is having issues and their tech's are working on trying to get them to pull it through to our gypsy. The issue lies with the type of cartridge for some reason. I don't know if this same issue spans over several different type of cartridges.

As for linking cartridges that have already been linked to your gypsy you are unable to sync them through to CCR at this time. (frustrating I know). I have been told my the support team that this is something they are working on. At this time you can only sync cartridges that have been linked to your CCR to your gypsy. You cannot do vise versa at this time. I am hoping that they will get this done soon.

I hope this helps you out. If not all else I can suggest is to keep trying to call the support team first thing monday morning. 99% of the time they reps have been very helpful for myself and I really hope this is the case for you when you call.
Good luck
WPatella Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:48:43 AM(UTC)
WPatella

The first time I tried to update my E2, it did the same thing. However, after the 4th hour, I shut it all down. I was using my laptop at the time becasue it was easier to have everything at our kitchen table. A week later I used our desk top computer and have had no problems. Maybe try a different computer if you can. I'm about to update again, will let you know how it goes.
WPatella Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:57:28 AM(UTC)
WPatella

Just finished my fastest firmware update ever. For those getting the bridge error message, I have gotten those in the past. Have you uninstalled and then re-installed the cricut sync program download? Are you able to try using a different computer? Those are things I have done and have not had issues the past few times I've updated.