Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7576777879>»
Dbson Offline
#2281 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:58:53 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Evening, cubed steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits for supper...yummy...
Gramma you asked about Gracie....well this afternoon she has been a bad, bad girl.....didn't go to the 'potty pad' so she was put in time out......today she is acting like a spoiled teenager that has had their phone taken away....
Joanne we got her bed, sofa, recliner, TV/stand and chest in the room, she may need something to hold 'extra' items in the bathroom....glad you had a good scrap night, enjoy your crop....I may go to one this Friday night for a few hours...they furnish the meal, money goes for nurse scholarship fund at the hospital where it is held.
Thanks for the pic compliment Renate.....the arrangement will be permanent as far as we know.....we will see our lawyer on Monday for some things that need ironing out....
Pat I see the cards arrived.....
Hello to Jess, Phyllis, Karen and anyone else that might drop in....
I am off to chill the rest of the night....after I get the laundry out of the washer.....later.....
housefullofrotties Offline
#2282 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:16:08 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning~Hope the weekend treated everyone well.

Pat~Glad you were able to find a new unit. I'm with you on the techy stuff. No long weekend for me! That's good that you have a head start on some partial pages.

Deb~Sure hope things fall into place with assisted living. What are MIL opinions on this place? Sorry the apt is going to take so much time to clean. Dinner last night sounded good.

Gramma~Hooray for seeing the sun a little bit! A guy at work commented to me on Friday that when he came in at 7, it was the first time the sun was up that early. That was a springy thought! Of course I never see the sun when I go in!

Renate~Lucky you to be snow free! Sounds like household chores kept you busy yesterday. Hope you managed some rest and fun! Do you get the day off on Monday?

Joanne~You always have plenty of projects going on! I don't know how you manage to get them all done! Good job! How neat to have the manatees right there! I bet you were glad not to be on that cruise!! I think all those cookies are going to end up at work! No way will they all get eaten here!!

Stamp camp was fine. The new attendee realy enjoyed it and she'll be back. That card that I put on FB, I put that together Friday evening. Since we had such a small group attending camp, I decided to cut up pieces for everyone (even other demo) attending just as a bonus card (free!). They all loved it, but not a one of them thanked me for it. I mean, I didn't do it for a thank you, I just did it to do something nice. It just kind of made me feel bad to not be acknowledged for it. Someone did make a comment that I had time to do it because I don't have kids (remember how I've gotten those comments in the past??). Actually the woman that said it has two kids, her youngest is 22 but still lives at home. How much work are her kids?? Anyway, I started to comment that I had a husband, pets and a home to take care of and someone else did pipe in for me "plus she works full time". The original woman just said well I work full time too and I don't think the other stuff takes up as much time as kids. Talk about feeling defeated! So I guess I won't be doing that again! Yesterday I made a few more of those cards and started putting together the stamp camp extras. I wanted to run to the grocery store yesterday after camp but forgot and didn't feel like going out once I got home. Bad headache since then but I need to get motivated and get to the store before it gets busy! Maybe after I get the few groceries I'll stop at Gander Mountain and treat myself to something to make me feel better!
Have a delightful day! Sorry for the ramble!!

Jess

Jess

RGK Offline
#2283 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:29:35 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good morning castlemates,
Joanne, I have never been on a cruise. Not sure if I ever want to go but most of them seem safe.
I like your suggestion about Jess' cookie delivery. Add a shoe box swap and call it a party. Looks like you have enough and then some for your crop.
Deb, I hope all goes well with the lawyer meeting tomorrow. I'm sure MIL is not happy about the arrangement. Funny description of Gracie....spoiled teenager....this probably won't be her last accident.
Jess, hope your headache is once again a thing of the past. We did get a dusting of snow last night. The forecast for this week is up and down, mostly down, temperature-wise. I'm so ready for Spring. Yes, we're off tomorrow.--The woman at your SC with the stupid remarks is so inconsiderate. You make time for what you have to and what you want to do. It just means that you are better organized than she is. Anyway, somebody in the group should have thanked you. Btw, the card is beautiful.
I spent yesterday evening saving my 'files' on an SD card. My shutting down issue seems to have been resolved. I had a new Windows update yesterday and after that all is well. Gave me a scare though, seeing the blue screen and the malware 'face'. It did not look like the 'blue screen of death', it just said that windows did not shut down correctly and then it went away before I could read it all and I could not shut it down like it usually goes.
I have a bunch of stuff ready to put in DS's album, and it's on the agenda this afternoon along with a few other things. It's sunny but will be only in the 20s again.
Happy Day to all in the castle...Renate
Dbson Offline
#2284 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:35:32 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, have a great Sunday.
Jess you have every right to be frustrated with the SC ladies, they could have at least said 'thanks'. I also get the no kids at home, since I retired some people think 'we' don't have anything better to do than just be waiting by the phone to 'help'. Now mind you not my kids/grands, but when I was signing checks at church (old one) she expected me to 'drop what I was doing and run do it'...so I know where you are coming from....enjoy your 'present' to you....
No call so far from the ALF so maybe MIL is okay, hubby will check on her in the morning when the admin comes in, we need to be sure she has enough to get her through the first 2 weeks.
Hope everyone has a fine day, we are off to church shortly, I have 3 starters fed so I can bake goodies for all the folks that helped us last week.....later....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2285 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:36:04 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello in the Castle
Renate - you are right about the cruises. There are probably hundreds(?) that go out each week but the only ones in the news are the ones that have a problem. It just seems that Carnival has more than their fair share lately. My laptop did a huge update this weekend also. I need to do a back up myself. Brrrr to the 20s and enjoy your day off.
Jess - I thought that card was so cute and I have saved a pic of it too. You should be annoyed with those people. I was raised to say thank you any time someone does something nice whether it is expected or not. Selfish comes to mind..... Maybe you should call that woman at 0-dark-thirty when you get up for work?!! Did you get yourself a treat?
Deb - Hope things continue to go well with MIL. Maybe she will even come to like it there?
Tonite is 'pizza and a movie' nite with BIL and SIL. Think we will start watching the new "House of Cards" on Netflix.
Greetings to Pat, Phyllis and Gramma and any one else who pops in
imnchghere Offline
#2286 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:42:34 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening in the castle. It is kick behind cold in this part of the east wing. Not as cold as other places, but too cold for me.
Not sure I can catch up, so I won't try. I have been reading all the posts.
Deb, your cards did come yesterday, but Jim didn't walk over to the mail box until this am. The stamped one is even prettier in person.
I am glad mil is set up in ALF and hopefully it will all work out and take some of the pressure off of you & H. Too funny about Gracie going in time out.
Gramma, I posted new theme today, so whenever you want to send cards you can. I am so messed up with shipping right now and I have more cards than I have units. I would love to take on a 2nd one, but I don't get enough for 2, but too many for 1. Hopefully I can get this figured out before the next month. One of the carriers is deploying back out this next week for 9 mos, so maybe I can start sending to them again. Love having 5000+ in one place.
OH.. I figured out which cart that cut was on and I am going to borrow it from my CTMH friend at the crop in March.
Renate, you are so right on winter not being over yet. I just want to get back to projects that require the outdoors. I hate even going into the garage to get something out of the freezer. I hope the computer issue was just needing the updates. I put all the photos on my table onto cloud storage today. Lots of them were taken with the tablet camera, so they were no where else except on it. Now they are safe.
Speaking of the tablet, I need to find the piano app my dgd was playing with yesterday. Then I will get rid of the one I have that stinks.
Joanne, I am hoping there are none of those March blizzards this year also. Stephanie got stranded in Frostburg one year during spring break. They closed 70 and the McD's was rationing food to students stuck there.
Jess, I loved the cards you posted on FB. And NOT nice of the ladies to not at least say say thankyou. Karma will get them.
I am going to make a cup of green tea and take some motrin for my back. It is from sitting at this computer all day (although I have moved around periodically to stretch).
I'll be back tomorrow.

Phyllis Offline
#2287 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:52:51 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good evening ladies. I am in Ft. Wayne right now, we got back here about 6:30 pm last night and I was exhausted. We did have a good time but it was a lot of rushing around, had to do things around the military times. He did get to spend the day with us on Thursday then the graduation was on Friday. There is not a whole lot to do in St. Roberts which is where the base is located, I thought it was in St. Louis but it is 2 hours south of there. A full 8 hours drive from Ft. Wayne. Renate I waved going thru Indy going down but I was driving coming back and was too nervous to take my hands off the wheel. LOL. Indy was not as bad as St. Louis though, that was bad, yikes.

I have read everything but don't think I'll be able to catch up tonight. I'm going home tomorrow, I have missed my family and my little fur babies. I'll try to catch up when I get home. I couldn't use my iPad while we were away because I didn't have 3G service and my phone is hard to type on, I'm always hitting the wrong letters, lol.

Catch ya'all tomorrow.
RGK Offline
#2288 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:17:32 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

just a quick check-in before I turn in. Pat, thanx for posting the new challenge. I got started with the cutting and scoring but that's as far as I got tonight. I just finished loading my scrap inventory onto my tablet. Took me a while to figure it out. Tomorrow I will 'share' the file with my laptop and phone so I can update my inventory just once as needed and then 'share'. I hope I can make it work. I'll take the tablet tomorrow when I go shopping and try it out. I also need to go through all pictures again and get rid of duplicates that I saved in different folders. I'll put them on cloud too to keep them save. Good idea Pat.
Phyllis, continued happy and safe travels. Did you go through Indy on I70? I should have waited for you on one of the overpasses and waved as you passed through LOL. I bet your family and fur babies miss you too.
There was a bad accident Friday/Saturday 4AM. A 21 yr old woman ran a flashing red 4-way stop and slammed into an EMS truck, flipped it onto its side and send it flying down the street, hitting other cars. The 21 yr old had minor injuries but both EMS techs died, 22 and 24 yrs old. They were great guys and much loved. So tragic.
Good night to all. Renate
RGK Offline
#2289 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:18:54 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Jess, have a great day at work :)
#2290 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 12:43:16 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Not sure how Monday got here as quickly as it did! Hope it's a good one for everyone!
Gee, Renate, thanks! Sleep in a little for me, please!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2291 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:54:03 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Hubby has already received a call from the facility this morning, incident that he is pretty sure was false, this happened many, many times here, but....2 more and out she goes.......he has to carry a walker down this afternoon and plans a talk, but told him he needed to have someone with him as witness if they will do that....we will also go by the drs ofc after the lawyer....read the posts, will catch up later today if I can.....not starting out to be a good day....

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 7:56:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#2292 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 8:02:50 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Happy Anniversary to Pat and Jim, wishing you many more years together.....
 1 user thanked Dbson for this useful post.
imnchghere on 2/18/2013(UTC)
RGK Offline
#2293 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 2:55:29 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Anniversary Pat, to you and Jim. Wishes for many more.
 1 user thanked RGK for this useful post.
imnchghere on 2/18/2013(UTC)
RGK Offline
#2294 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 2:57:51 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Originally Posted by: housefullofrotties Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Not sure how Monday got here as quickly as it did! Hope it's a good one for everyone!
Gee, Renate, thanks! Sleep in a little for me, please!

Jess

I did, Jess, hope you felt rested LOL. Back to getting up early tomorrow....Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2295 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 3:51:43 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello ladies. Got home about 1:30 today. Had to take a nap, feeling better now. Beautiful 59 degrees here today but it's going downhill tonight, glad I'm home, we were lucky to have nice weather while travelling.

Renate, yes we were on I70, picked up I69 somewhere in the area on to Ft. Wayne. That EMS accident has been on our news tonight, that is so sad, those young men were so young, so unnecessary.

Deb, I say that MIL is in the assisted living facility and causing trouble already, oh my, my prayers are with you all during this.

Pat, I haven't been on FB but guess it's your anniversary, Happy Anniversary from me too. I need to get over and check out the new challenge, I have 2 boxes that arrived while I was gone.

Jess, I'll sleep some for you too, I plan on catching up, I am sleep deprived, just don't sleep well away from my bed.

Hello Gramma and Joanne.

Dbson Offline
#2296 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:54:27 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis glad you made it home, you had some busy days while away.......hope the nap helped......

We got the legal stuff started this morning, feeling better about what we need to do...now we wait, but at least we see a light at the end of the tunnel 'we hope'....hubby will probably see her tomorrow unless she is really stressed, he heard her in the background while talking with them this afternoon, asking him to come see her....

Delivered 4 pans of cinnamon rolls today too.....tomorrow I plan to begin cleaning house, then have to be at my old church at 3 to help with the media program....if I can remember how to work it....

Have a great night.....
RGK Offline
#2297 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:34:40 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hi everyone. Phyllis, glad you had a good trip and are home safe.
Deb, sounds like the meeting was a good start. I hope the wait won't be too long. When did you have time to bake those cinnamon rolls??
I made good progress with the album. I need to add a few pictures, journals and embellishments and it will be done, and on to the next one.
Hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2298 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 10:13:40 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

this i just a test for posting pictures

ok so it worked. will ketch up in the morning. Heading to bed before Jess gets up.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 11:05:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere attached the following image(s):
Santa's tea.jpg
#2299 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:37:05 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy middle of the night!

Pat~I can't see your picture, just an X.

We've got snow and slippery roads with lots of wind thrown in for good measure. I should probably pick up my pace so I can have a few extra minutes of driving time. Have a good day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2300 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:46:22 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... It is snowing/sleeting/raining here. Doesn't look like it will last long from the radar, but then this is Mother Nature and we all know how that goes. Confused

Jess, interesting that you don't see the picture. I had been reading posts on the board about problems posting and or seeing pics and so I wanted to try. All kinds of ideas being thrown around, like is it PC, or is it people's browsers (I have been using Chrome for the MB), but Firefox for everything else. Anyway, I can see it, so will be curious what the rest can or can't see. It is just a coloring page I had saved to print out for the dgk's at Christmas, so no big deal. Just Mrs. Claus serving tea.
Renate, good job on the album progress. I have been scoring 8.5 x 11 sheets, but waiting to cut them until I am ready to use them. I am going to make some of the CCR free cuts for Mother's Day cards, but they end tomorrow, so I won't have too many.

Well, the sleet part has stopped and now it is just flurries. Temp did drop a few degrees tho'.

Deb, I am hoping the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter. Continued {hugs} going your way.
Phyllis, I had seen on the sign up thread you had pkgs while you were gone. Glad you had a good time, but understand glad to be home.

I did some tidying this morning, but need to run a few errands (bank & PO)before my hairapy app't at 11. Be glad to get these bangs out of my eyes.

Phyllis Offline
#2301 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good morning.

Pat, I can see your picture on both my iPad and computer. I had a problem logging out last night so I could log in to update the tally on both themes. I'll try again today. Not sure what the problem is, I tried Chrome and Safari. It's cold here to, had some rain but no snow.

Jess, hope your travel to work in this weather was good.

Deb, more hugs for you, sure hope everything works out for MIL.

Hello to the other queens.

imnchghere Offline
#2302 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:19:11 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Phyllis, if you keep having problems, let me know and I will get the tally started. I am assuming I will be able to log out and log in. deep sigh ~~~~~~
We have more precip on the way that will last longer, but not until much later. Have I said I am so over winter?? And it really hasn't been all that bad for us, even though it has been worse not all that far away.

I guess I better get my stuff and go.
Phyllis Offline
#2303 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:54:43 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Pat, I was able to get in today and got the tallies updated.
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2304 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:27:39 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Well both Paradise and Paradise Annex look like a bomb went off!!! All the stuff we are taking to the crop on Friday is in piles all over the place. SIL and I combine a lot of tools and supplies but there is still a lot that needs to go!!
Phyllis - Welcome home! We missed you!
Renate - good job on the album! What is next? Sad about those EMTs.
Pat - Hope you and Jim had a nice anniversary. Did you do anything special? Boo to the weather.
Deb - I am glad to hear that you are comfortable about the choices you are making and what you need to do. (((Hugs)))
Jess - Drive safe in that nasty weather...
Hello Gramma!
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#2305 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:45:38 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening...
Joanne hope you and SIL can pack/remember all you need for the crop....I always forget something....
Pat I saw the pic on my lap top, haven't tried my iPad...
Phyllis are you rested up?
Jess and Renate, hope your work day was good....
Gramma and Karen how are you?
My sis went to the dr yesterday, shots/meds, CAT scan this morning, appt on Friday with gastro doc...it sounds like it could be very serious.....putting our trust in the Lord is all we can do right now until she gets answers.....she is 'never' sick.....but has been feeling poorly the last couple weeks with her stomach.....
Hubby visited his mother this morning, she was crying when he got there and when he left....she doesn't understand why she is there, but he told her the dr said she had to stay....I could tell it was a draining morning for him.....don't think it will ever get any betterSad Sad Sad, dropped notes in the mail to his sister and her daughters this morning....that is about the best I can do......
Have a great evening, I am off to eat my chicken/biscuit for supper....fried some tenders while I was cleaning this morning.....looks yummy.....night.....
Dbson Offline
#2306 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:37:39 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Just found our youngest grandson has tonsil surgery on March 12.....

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:32:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#2307 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:25:34 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good evening ladies,
Pat, I could see your picture on my laptop (I use Chrome). We're having bad weather also, guess winter is not done yet. Flurries most of today with a very strong cold wind. I need to upload pictures to print at Costco's, including the pictures for the album. I have a couple of 100 picture coupons. Should get them ready and then submit them to pick up this weekend.--Did you get your cuts for the cards made?
Jess, how was work last night, ready for another one?
Joanne, sounds like you have a lot of sorting and packing to do for the crop. Thank you to you and Pat for the comments on my album. I still have to make one 12x12" for each of the boys. I also have a few small albums, for pictures of 'special events', trips etc.
Phyllis, all rested up from your trip?
Deb, sorry H had a bad visit this morning. Can't be easy on him. Did you start with the cleaning?
I am tired tonight and will try to get to sleep early. Those days of sleeping in had me spoiled!
Hello Gramma and Karen. Renate
#2308 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:02:03 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! Hard to believe it's only Tuesday!

Renate~Hope you enjoyed your day off. Good to hear your technical issues are resolved. Those type of issues make me nervous! That accident sounds horrible. How very sad. I did not feel rested, thanks for trying though!Wink Good job on your album progress! Today was a good busy work day.

Deb~Those "no kids" comments get old. Oh boy on DH getting a call about MIL. Hope all the legal stuff goes smoothly. Glad DH was able to visit her today. It is sad that she doesn't really understand. So sorry to hear about your sister. I hope everything turns out ok. Just a routine tonsil surgery for DGS, right? Is he nervous?

Joanne~Sounds like a fun pizza and movie night. Do you try and do that often? No treat for me. It is crazy how bare the shelves are getting in the gun stores. I'm not a conspiracy theory type person but I did comment to Brad back in late December that I feared the lack of merchandise may cause some of the smaller shops to close down. Part of the grand plan??? That bomb hit up here too! I backed away quietly and closed the door!

Pat~I ditto your tool cold for me comment. We had negative wind chills today. It's just bitter cold. Good job on getting all of your pictures safe. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! I can see your picture tonight on both the computer and the iPad. Maybe it was the middle of the night issues this MB sometimes has!

Phyllis~Glad you had a good time and that you made it home safely! Wow to 59*! A for effort but I could have used a little more sleep from you too! I really am tired ALL the time.

Spending more time than usual in my room this week. Trying to come up with another idea for the shoebox swap. I worry too much! Thanks for the compliments on the cards! I was thinking...do you think that dress card would look cute as a Mother's Day card? I could use a HMD stamp on the front. I'm going to get ready for bed too. Sweet dreams!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2309 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:51:04 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Another hello again, wow twice in one day. I have been doing laundry all day, still have one load in the dryer and one waiting in the washer. I've been doing this and that the rest of the time getting my clothes unpacked, etc. I bought a slicer/grater attachment for my KA mixer and had a hard time figuring it out, I didn't read the directions, thinking like a man today, LOL. I missed the dog's grooming appt. and boy do they need a hair cut, it's covering their eyes now, they didn't get a full cut the last time so they are way over due.

Jess, I can't imagine not ever feeling rested, I'm feeling much better after sleeping in my bed last night. Sorry I couldn't share with you. I hear you on the "grand plan". I think the dress card would be a great one for Mother's Day, your cards are so beautiful. I saw them on FB but didn't comment, showed them to my friend. Actually our temps got to 61 yesterday but a whole different story today.

Renate, I guess I missed your album pics, were they on FB or here? Yes, I'm rested now.

Deb, sure hope your sister's problems are something that can be taken care of quickly and not serious. Poor Howard, I know this has to be hard for him. What does his Sister and daughters think and say about the situation? I'm sure DGS will be fine with the tonsil surgery, I'm assuming they are taking them out.

Joanne, my scraproom looks like a bomb went off all the time. Hope you are able to get everything together. Sounds like fun.

Hello Gramma.

I'm off to get those clothes out of the dryer.
#2310 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:44:23 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Wednesday! My day started with the snooze button ( I don't even remember the alarm going off the first time!). Hope everyone else has a better start!!

Jess