Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<848586
lizzywoodfield Offline
#2551 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:57:24 AM(UTC)
lizzywoodfield

Groups: Registered

Good evening friends. I just noticed that when I changed my email address on this site, my name somehow or other also got changed so I am now known as eawoodfield5ab9cef4. Lovely, huh? What a mess because I cannot figure out how to change it back!

I had a pretty busy day today. It started out with taking Terry to the airport for a trip to Oregon, then I went to the doctor'. It ended at 10:15 tonight when I got home from a visit with Kelly. In between, I made lots of phone calls and did lots of chores. Tomorrow, we are having a garage door opener installed, I am hoping to take stuff to the hazardous waste dump, and finish up the phone calls that I didn't get to today. I have a charity picking up stuff on Wednesday so I have to make sure everything is out and ready, too. So, I'll be dragging everything outside, plus making sure I have a bunch of other stuff ready. I think tomorrow will be a good day to go through my closet again! I also have some items in my car that I've been intending to drop off at Goodwill but never made it....so they will go on the truck Wednesday. Later tomorrow, I am having dinner with a friend.

Paula, I have to agree with Pat about the headaches. It might be a good idea to see the doctor about them, especially considering the frequency and duration lately. What does Greg think?

Laurie, did you hear anything yet about the people who were looking at the house yesterday? How about the job interview?

I haven't any other news, so I'm going to get going here. It's incredibly late and I need to hit the hay...the garage door man is going to be here early. Ugh!

lizzywoodfield Offline
#2552 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:01:07 AM(UTC)
lizzywoodfield

I'm back! This time, I think I was able to fix my name. I don't know about my photo. I feel badly saying this, but I think this website, or perhaps just the message board, needs to be revamped. It seems to be fraught with difficulties. Having said that, however, I need to remember that I am not on any other "message board" so have no idea how others work and nothing to compare this to.

Not much is new since last night except the garage door man came and he cannot install the garage door Terry bought so I have to return it and get a different one. Mad He was a very nice man, very helpful, but a serious smoker and the aroma that surrounded him was terrible. I am so thankful that I quit smoking 30 years ago! LOL

When I get off here, I am going to organize my thoughts and make my plan for the day. I do NOT want to make it a wasted day after yesterday was so productive.

Well, everyone take care...hopefully...when I come back later, I'll see some posts from others.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2553 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:45:33 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good evening. Sorry I haven't checked in. I have been so busy I don't which end is up. Weddings, social media for Jim. other office stuff, and mostly dogs. Never get a Husky unless you have lots of time to spend with it. Yikes. Oh well, I'll be back. I need to read up a little bit. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Ugh! I forgot about the security image coming back. I hate that thing.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2554 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:55:24 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Well one thing in particular jumped out at me. Paula and these headaches.

HEADACHES AREN'T NORMAL!!!

Although they can become more frequent after menopause, however, with the breast cancer linking in, Paula, please get this checked out. Tell your oncologist. Please, Please, Pretty Please.

Laurie good luck on your showing.

Lizzy when is your official send off day?

Pat how was your busy day? I saw the post on Facebook.
imnchghere Offline
#2555 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:30:55 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening. I really need to get to bed, but wanted to stop by and say hi. I am also waiting for the dryer to go off.
Carrie, nice to have you stop by. I saw the pics on FB. Pretty wedding and views.
Are Huskies always demanding as a rule. I have never known anyone had one.

Lizzy, sorry about the garage door. AND the smoke smell. Jim's aunt smoked (she has quit) and I always dreaded going to her house, even though I love her to pieces. I am so glad she quit, but the smell is embedded in her house.
Anyway I hope you were able to get your thoughts organized and had a productive day. Oh and the crop organizer might have a roomie for me. I do want to go, but wish I had a room to myself or at least with someone I know. Oh well.
This afternoon after we got all our stuff gathered, we went up to Gettysburg and picked up some wine to take on the trip. It is 150th anniversary wine for the civil war. We hd an early dinner up there also, then walked with the Playground group. Had to make it short so we could get home and pack the car. All that is left is the electronics and camera and my purse.

Not sure how much I will be able to check in. Probably mostly on FB as it is easier.
Hope everyone has a good week.
rm920 Offline
#2556 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:41:03 AM(UTC)
rm920

A very soggy good morning to all..

Lizzy, I would say you did good on the yard sale. Hopefully those spots are nothing serious but glad you are having them checked out. Soon you will be heading cross country! Things are still moving quickly for you. Is Terry excited about being closer to work? Sorry about the garage door opener. Hopefully the return is an easy one.

Laurie, I saw on FB that you had another showing. Will keep my fingers crossed!

Pat, you are always busy as usual. You and Jim are doing great on your walking. WTG! Safe travels to you and Jim. Looks like a beautiful place for a meeting. The wine looked interesting!

Paula, sorry about the headaches. DH always used the excedrin migraine and they worked pretty good for him. Hope it didn't keep you awake. Hope you were able to relax yesterday.

Carrie, I thought the dog was DS's! Seems like you are spending lots of time with the dog. He is beautiful. Hope things slow down for you soon.

I have been busy trying to keep up with the yard between rain bouts. Lots of areas around us are flooded. Most areas south and west of town are flooded and lots of roads closed. Seems we went from drought to monsoon! And we have chances of rain almost every day for the next 10 days - UGH! It is so hot and humid. I am looking forward to the weekend with family. I might get all 3 great grandbabies here at the same time!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2557 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:54:29 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello all!! Happy Saturday! :)
This week flew by. I cleaned 4 houses and there have been kids around. My nephew and his girlfriend have been here (my sister's) for the week. Their summer job at Interlochen Music camp is over so they came home. Katie's job is really light now so she is around more. (the summer camps are over where she worked but they have school sport camps there and the regular campers so they don't have lifeguards as often) A bunch of them went to DCI in Indy yesterday. (that is what DH and DS went to the first year you guys stayed here)
Anyhow....busy, busy.

So...Lizzy, haven't heard from you for a bit. What stage are you in now?? Do you have a closing day on the house?? Sorry to see you are still having issues with Terminix.

Rhonda, that is crazy about all the rain, has it let up? How is your weekend panning out?

Laurie, haven't seen any new creations lately...what are you doing?

Pat, I hope your trip is going well. You and Jim are really doing well with your walking. :)

Nancy, what are you up to these days?

Carrie, you have been traveling a bit I see.

Well DS and his friend are stirring and I want to hear all about yesterdays DSI trip. I think they are off to South Bend for an outdoor concert today...so better chat while I can.
Flee57 Offline
#2558 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:19:41 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good evening Friends

Just popping in to say hello.

I read everything and got caught up...not many messages to catch up on.

Carrie, glad to see you pop in. Huskies are beautiful but can be a handful. Good luck

Rhonda, lots of rain. 3 babies in the same place...joy!

Paula, hope your hadachesare gone

Pat, your walking is great! Keep up the good work

Nancy, hope all is well.

Lizzy, thank you <3

No job and no offers. Everything is the same. Taking one day at a time here!

Today I did make a little scrapbook using toilet paper rolls. Yup, toilet paper rolls Taking pics tomorrow and will share

I finally have meds for neuropothy. and she has m taking melatonin to help with sleeping and B-12 for my creepy crawly legs at night. Also back on my fluoxetine (gen for Prozac) Hoping that takes the edgeoff. I'm too stressed

that's al

Later!
lizzywoodfield Offline
#2559 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:27:10 PM(UTC)
lizzywoodfield

Hi friends,

It seems like I tried to post a reply the other day and then quit because of computer difficulties. Anyway, here goes....

Closing date: Monday, August 19

Last day in the house: Saturday, August 17

Leaving California: Sunday, August 18

Cross your fingers it all goes as planned. We have quite a bit to do this coming week, but the POD is here and Terry is working to get it loaded. The house is relatively empty of furniture and boxes, so most everything is in the garage or in the storage sheds. I honestly don't know how much is in the storage sheds, so I honestly don't really know how much we have.

I'm just going along for the ride at this point.

Terminix didn't do all the work so we have to go back and do it ourselves which means hiring our contractor, Frank, to come back in and do it. He came over Thursday night, looked it over, and gave me a tentative price and a scope of work summary. Today, he came back and measured for all the wood, then went to the lumber yard where it all has to be cut especially for the job. As soon as the wood is ready, and delivered, he can start the job. In the meantime, when he tells me, I will get the paint. Once the wood is here, he can start the job which will probably take 3 days. Of course, we are totally running on a deadline.

The other job we are running on a deadline is a garage door opener. Ironically, it also involves Terminix. The garage door opener worked fine before Terminix tented the house. However, alas, when we returned, it was broken. Of course, they had absolutely NO IDEA how that happened. Gee wilikers! So, instead of fighting over it, Terry gave in and we just bought a new one to be installed. So, we are awaiting that installation which will hopefully occur on Tuesday or Wednesday. I need to arrange for the house cleaners to come and clean the house on Monday...the day we close...and that will be IT. This will be a very stressful week, for sure, but otherwise, I think if we keep working steadily, we will be fine.

We will each be driving our own vehicle to NC. We will basically drive in tandem, stopping together for breaks and meals, and of course, the night. We have corporate housing until our home is ready and it will be available on August 25. We actually might get there too soon, so we have to buy an extra day or two on the road! That won't be too hard, it's just a matter of deciding where we want to linger a bit longer.

So, I hope that answers all the questions that I know you are all dying to know. All I want to know is can we fit everything into our cars and the POD and can I go to sleep and wake up when we get there?

Paula, I'm glad you have all the kids home for now and are enjoying their company!

Rhonda, how was your weekend with the family? Did you have all the babies there at the same time? I hope you got a photo!!

Laurie, I hope you are able to post today! I saw you were here.

Pat, how is your trip going?

Nancy, are you still on vacation?

Carrie....where are you these days?

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2560 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:43:23 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello girls! Glad to see you!!

Laurie, sounds like you are taking charge and looking out for yourself! Good for you! I had that leg thing from one of my chemo drugs. It is so annoying!!! Hope your meds work!!

LIZZY!!! Wow oh wow! Things are flying for you!! Sorry about having to deal with that door still! I hope they get it done fast, along with the wood work.
What town are you going to be in? It looks like (we haven't gotten the official word yet) DS is going to be going to NC for the intern/college program Katie went to. The church is in Clayton. I am curious as to how close you will be. :)
lizzywoodfield Offline
#2561 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 6:56:52 AM(UTC)
lizzywoodfield

Hi friends!

Paula, Clayton is perhaps a 30 minute drive from Raleigh - the town where we will be living. We will be a hop, skip, and a jump from the freeway which will take me right to Clayton - I think. When we lived there before, I had a friend who lived outside of Clayton and I drove to her house occasionally. I doubt it is any big deal to go down there now.

Will you be going with DH if and when he goes? I sure hope so! Then we can see each other. Perhaps you can stay with us if you have some extra time!

At any rate, keep me posted because I definitely want to see you when you are there. Assuming you are there....

I just found out that a dear friend of mine from nearly 35 years ago just had to put down her last dog. She is pretty much home-bound with a chronic illness and her dogs were like family to her. She and her husband never had children of their own so their dogs have always been their children. It just broke my heart this morning to hear about this turn of events.

Terry has been working so hard getting things packed. I have not been working as hard as he has. Today, we are driving up to LA to spend some time with Kat. She is feeling a bit sad and lonely with us leaving and while it isn't the best timing, we feel it is important to do this.

Yesterday, I went through two plastic bins of clothing of mine and pared it down to one. I could have even done more, but hung on to a few items for sentimental reasons. The way he is loading the POD, he is putting these shelves from the garage around the perimeter and putting boxes of books on them. There will be some space between the boxes and the next shelf. I think we will put soft items, eg. clothing, bedding, into plastic bags and put them on those shelves. I will have to repackage clothing to do that later on. I want to go back through my closet and see what else I can get rid of. I probably have quite a bit more stuff. I just have to get a tight grip on myself.

I also went through my school scrapbooks and pulled out lots of pages, paring each one down to three or four pages. I then put all those pages into one book. It made a big difference! I still have a few more scrapbook things to go through before that stuff is done. I am just waiting for those boxes/totes to be unearthed from the garage at this point!

Well, I woke up super early today. Much earlier than necessary. I'm not sure why, but it is what it is! I'm going to see what sorts of chores I eed to work on. Lucky me, huh?

Everyone have a great day.
imnchghere Offline
#2562 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:53:16 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Back from Maine and now I need to catch up here.
Laundry out the wazoooo that needs to be done first. I also need to get everything gathered for the crop. I wasted so much time the past couple weeks.
will be back in a bit.

Would any of you be interested in us having a private FB page? There is a way to have a "secret" one, that others can't see. We have one for CFS. I will set it up if it works for everyone.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:15:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2563 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:07:20 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

I like that idea a lot Pat!

Welcome home! Glad you had a good trip. Hope that laundry is out of your way soon!
imnchghere Offline
#2564 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:57:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Paula, laundry is almost done. I also started gathering things for the crop. Like extra adhesive refills and other tools that are here and there. I also want to take all my holiday paper scraps and then I can work on Christmas CFS as a fall back. I will leave all that in the car, so it isn't in my way. Next I am going to gather embellishments. I will be working on gingerbread pages. I also have March of Dimes walk pages and the Susan G Komen walk pages. Pretty sure the walk page kits are ready to assemble. NOT so for the Gingerbread.
Would also like to start some Heritage album pages, but not sure I have time to print pictures. OH and I have society pages to finish up for Gettysburg. I will deal with the Maine meeting later. Tons of re-enactment pic to pick from and print out.

Time to get back to the sorting.

I am going to set up a page and send you all an invite.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:06:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancycs Offline
#2565 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

I just wanted to say Hi! It looks like everyone has been as busy as me.

Pat did you get the FB page set up...is that why no one is on here?