Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CupcakeKiller702 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:31:04 PM(UTC)
CupcakeKiller702

Groups: Registered

Cursing Well,
To put this in a way that doesn't confuse people, maybe a CRICUT VINYL pro get help me figure this quandry out. So here goes. Got my vinyl fused to my cutting mat, and use the presets for cutting the vinyl out on my machine. I've got the blade depth set to 4, I have the pressure set to 3, speed 3, and 1 for cut once. Several times now when going to cut my project, without touching ANY of the settings I have had the problem with the cutting process. With nothing changed I have had the cutting blade just BARELY skim the vinyl, just barely scratching the surface of it, and not even cutting through the actual vinyl all the way, ruining a whole sheet of vinyl. Then again, without ever having changed a thing,settings unchanged, I then load another piece of vinyl and cut it, this time the blade cuts all the way through the vinyl and on through the paper backing on it and down to the mat, leaving everything stuck in it's wake to the cutting mat. There is no cosistency here, leading me to have wasted vinyl trying to get it to cut properly. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going nuts. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:32:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaureenSala Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:02:28 PM(UTC)
MaureenSala

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 279 time(s) in 230 post(s)
sorry - i have cut vinyl several times and never had this happen on a project. I would rather have it cut all the way through and have to weed it out, rather than to have it not cut all the way through.
lynn.hayhurst1b2d3b41 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:05:38 PM(UTC)
lynn.hayhurst1b2d3b41

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Not sure if this will help, but i had the same issue. I put in a new blade and made sure it was skewed in tightly. Since, i have not had the issue. Depth of 3 and Pressure at Med. I use Craft Room so speed does not need to be adjusted.