Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

hsinglanjin75512534 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 8:48:57 AM(UTC)
hsinglanjin75512534

Groups: Registered

I'm new to Cricut and I'm just about sold on buying a Cricut mini. I love the user friendly use of the Cricut Craft Room and I don't even have the mini yet.

The question I have is which is better, to purchase physical cartridges or just purchase the digital versions if I have the mini? The only pro I see on purchasing the actual cartridge is that it comes with the little booklet.

Would love to get some opinions on this.
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:15:01 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 367 post(s)
The mini only works with the CCR so you would be either using the free images or buying digital carts. One draw back is that the CCR only works with internet connections.
Ireland Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:59:34 AM(UTC)
Ireland

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 193 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maxluv Go to Quoted Post
The mini only works with the CCR so you would be either using the free images or buying digital carts. One draw back is that the CCR only works with internet connections.

This. I personally prefer the cartridges. I know they take up more space (just recently did a storage solution so they take less space) but if I'm paying almost the same price for a cart as a digital, then I want the cart, booklet (not a PDF on my ipad/pc) etc.
hsinglanjin75512534 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:37:47 AM(UTC)
hsinglanjin75512534

Thanks Ireland. I also didn't realize that when you purchase the digital, a pdf comes with it. Is that a pdf of the hard copy booklet? Does it come in color or b/w?
Soshescraps Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:51:37 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
I actually love my cartridges. They are mines and mines and mines, lol!! It may seem funny but they stored in my house and in my control. Yes I have used CCR and it is a nice program but I prefer to have the physical cartridges. As someone already mentioned that CCR only works with an internet connection and the cricut mini only works with CCR or a gypsy (?) machine. So if you are without internet connection you will not be able to craft using your mini unless you have a gypsy. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I've yet to purchase any digital images (yet), there are a few that I have my eyes on. But I am a gypsy owner which means that the images will be downloaded onto my gypsy when I update it. Provo~Craft makes a variety of machines which meets the various needs of many crafters. Just do your research before purchasing any machine. That way, you won't have any regrets.

Good luck!

1 user thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
hsinglanjin75512534 on 2/22/2013(UTC)
Rice Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:39:35 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hsinglanjin75512534 Go to Quoted Post
I also didn't realize that when you purchase the digital, a pdf comes with it. Is that a pdf of the hard copy booklet? Does it come in color or b/w?

Actually the pdf booklets are available to anybody. Just go to the shop and click on any cartridge. In the description you will see "Click here to read product details." Click on that link and then click on "digital handbook" or "digital trifold" to view the pdf booklet. You can also save it to your computer.

scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:48:58 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
I personally prefer having the physical carts, but that hasn't stopped me from buying lots of the digital images as well. Flapper

Originally Posted by: Maxluv Go to Quoted Post

The Mini and CCR both work with the regular carts as well as the digital carts. Huh The Mini also works with a Gypsy.
sewnmachine Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:37:57 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I have lots of physical cartridges - but I LOVE getting the unique digital ones, OR the digital version of a cartridge that is crazy expensive on ebay. A couple of digital carts that I really enjoy are the American Sign language, Zodiac, Mustasches and Glasses and just today I bought Mini Monograms. They fill my collection in nicely. So digital has it's place too.
ghiggason Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:37:27 PM(UTC)
ghiggason

So my question is: Can I use my physical cartridges on my mini without being hooked up to the internet and craft room. Also can I still use design studio. I have ordered the mini and it will be here in a few days. Thanks.Glenda

Edited by user Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:38:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added the word physical

GypsyBoricua Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:17:08 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ghiggason Go to Quoted Post
So my question is: Can I use my physical cartridges on my mini without being hooked up to the internet and craft room. Also can I still use design studio. I have ordered the mini and it will be here in a few days. Thanks.Glenda

The mini only uses CCR, so the answer is no, you have to be hooked up to the internet and CCR. You cannot use Design Studio with the mini as it only uses CCR.

HTH