Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammasue Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:55:30 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
A few weeks ago on the board someone asked to see some of my Heritage pages. I responded that I was not proud of them as they were my first attempt at scrapbooking back in 1999 when not all the neat products were available for scrapbooking. I indicated that at some point I intended to redo them. Thats when another person responded recommending that I not redo them as they show how far scrapbooking has come to life with new products. Thats when I got the idea for the following pages mainly to justify the lack of "POP" on pages of the Heritage pages.

Spent hours and days researching facts for journaling, going through old scrapbooks taking pictures of some of the pages and picking paper. Unfortunately the creative juices stopped flowing but oh well...here's what I finally came up with. Some of you in my generation may recognize the pictures of my scrapbooks in the 1950's. Others may find the journaling interesting readingBigGrin

Sorry my pictures are not opening for some reason. They are showing up on my desktop as jpg so they shoud work, RIGHT? I need help

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 9:24:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
scrapbook page 1 (136kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
grammasue attached the following image(s):
scrapbook page 2 copy 2.jpg
scrapbook page 1 copy.JPG
Soshescraps Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:23:39 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1105 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Awesome idea. Its great to look out and see how much things have advanced. You did a great job and TFS
 1 user thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/22/2013(UTC)
craftingbowler Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:56:38 PM(UTC)
craftingbowler

Was thanked: 228 time(s) in 188 post(s)
I would love to see your pages, but for some reason, it is giving me only to "save or cancel" download when I click on link. This happened a month? or so ago with some picture links. I am not sure why.

I haven't been scrapbooking as long as some, but some of my earlier pages did not appeal to me after looking back (especially, like you said, with the addition of the new gadgets/embellishments out there now). I did redo several pages, but I took pictures of the originals(I probably will put each picture in the page protector with the new page).

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 2:05:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

garagesaler Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:43:00 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1991 post(s)
Great pages! I think sometimes we forget that scrapbooking supplies were not so advanced and plentiful, like they are now. I started about 8 years ago, with the paper scissors with all of the different edges. My earlier pages have everything cut out with these, including pictures. I was so excited to get the original Sizzix, which had Provo Craft's name on it too. My, how our scrapbooking options have grown and changed over the years. Thanks for showing us so much fun scrapbooking history in your pages.BigGrin Great job!
grammasue Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 6:31:34 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Originally Posted by: garagesaler Go to Quoted Post
Great pages! I think sometimes we forget that scrapbooking supplies were not so advanced and plentiful, like they are now. I started about 8 years ago, with the paper scissors with all of the different edges. My earlier pages have everything cut out with these, including pictures. I was so excited to get the original Sizzix, which had Provo Craft's name on it too. My, how our scrapbooking options have grown and changed over the years. Thanks for showing us so much fun scrapbooking history in your pages.BigGrin Great job!

Thanks for your kind comments. I too can remember being so excited when Sizzix products were released as I saw them for the first time at the Creating Keepsakes convention in Bellevue Washington. I think I dropped about $300 buying Sizzix and other goodies on the market.

I was surprised to hear that you were able to view the pictures. Craftbowler indicated that she could not open them, I attempted to repost but the computer came up with the same post as the original. Not sure what the problem is or if there is one?

1 user thanked grammasue for this useful post.
garagesaler on 2/22/2013(UTC)
Sandy Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:15:15 PM(UTC)
Sandy

United States

Was thanked: 5832 time(s) in 2436 post(s)
I think you did a FANTASTIC job! You are well onto your way to publishing a book about the Evolution of Scrapbooking!
 1 user thanked Sandy for this useful post.
MaryStillman Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:25:18 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
I can't see the pics either. I really did want to see what you have done. If you ever get the chance, try to post again.

Thanks

Mary
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:33:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
You did a great job on these layouts, GrammaSue! I only started thinking about any kind of crafting after I retired from working.....drove 45-min. one-way to work last fifteen years of working career and busy with kids and their activities for twenty years prior to those fifteen years. I never DREAMED of crafting while they were growing up. I'm amazed at what everyone gets done on here and many of them work full-time jobs.

Anyway, it was daunting with arthritis through my body and hands to use scissors to do all the cutouts (retired in 2005), so when I bought my first Cricut in 2008, I was in seventh heaven.

I wouldn't have near the "history" to put in layouts like this....but, you did do an amazing job on them.

I have reinstalled FIREFOX after having some problems on my computer last week after a few days of having it; I can now ENLARGE all the pictures. I'm not having any problems seeing your layouts and I can ENLARGE them!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 5:52:51 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2805 time(s) in 1677 post(s)
Love this post grammasue. As a brand new scrapbooker, it is great to see how far it has come. I agree that you should not go back and change things. You have chronicled history in more ways than one. GG
paperplayer Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:58:48 AM(UTC)
paperplayer

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Great idea on the evolution of scrapbooking!!
you did a great job.

I can open your pictures but they come up sideways. I can't turn them....?