Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

karydelvalle13e982da2 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:52:35 AM(UTC)
karydelvalle13e982da2

Groups: Registered

Hello my name is Kary, I used my cricut staff from the shop with cartridges and had never connected to my pc. I decided to do it because I commented on cricut craft room, well a disaster, try to upgrade to version 1.45 and now my cricut does absolutely nothing no way to court. No I'm desperate to do because I have many assignments to finish live in Venezuela and really wanted to leave my machine as tapeworms. I have another machine to cut where I can really cut any format but cricut designs are better than any other and I can find anything on the cartridges. I use my cricut all day because it is my tool. if someone could tell me how to go back to the factory version of my cricut personal.Crying
Coah'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:36:11 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 15459 time(s) in 4202 post(s)
As far as I know, the only way to go back to the previous version is to use a trial version of Design Studio. You might want to contact the International Support line first and see if they can't help you get your machine working with CCR. Click the Support button at the top right of this page and the international # and hours will be listed there. HTH
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:37:51 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: karydelvalle13e982da2 Go to Quoted Post
Hello my name is Kary, I used my cricut staff from the shop with cartridges and had never connected to my pc. I decided to do it because I commented on cricut craft room, well a disaster, try to upgrade to version 1.45 and now my cricut does absolutely nothing no way to court. No I'm desperate to do because I have many assignments to finish live in Venezuela and really wanted to leave my machine as tapeworms. I have another machine to cut where I can really cut any format but cricut designs are better than any other and I can find anything on the cartridges. I use my cricut all day because it is my tool. if someone could tell me how to go back to the factory version of my cricut personal.Crying

Hello! We have an international support phone number that I would encourage you to use. We can certainly assist you over the phone. The number is UK: 0808 101 7032; Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032.

Additionally here are the instructions toupdate the Expression through Design Studio:
1. You can then download the latest program from this webpage: http://mirror.cricut.com...ontpack/CDS_10404220.exe

2. It will take you to the Setup Wizard - click Next - I agree – Install - Finish.

3. Now you will want to download a second update which you can find at the following link: http://mirror.cricut.com...k/FontUpdate_V121009.exe

How to Update your Cricut Machine using Cricut Design Studio
1. Open Cricut Design Studio (CDS) on your computer and select continue in trial mode.

2. Find your Cricut USB cable for your machine (you can also use any standard printer cable.)

3. Plug your device into your computer using the USB (printer) cable.

4. In CDS Click on the “Help” menu at the top of the screen.

5. Click on “Update Cricut Firmware.”

6. This will bring up the step by step instructions for updating your device.

7. Follow the steps in order as exactly as written.

8. Put device (machine) into update mode, instructions are in Step 2 in CDS. Your machine needs to be turned off before trying to put it into update mode.

9. Made sure you select the correct machine in the options on Step 3 for the update to go through properly. (For Cricut Cake machine select Expression and for the Cricut Cake Mini select Create.)

10. Click “Begin Update Now.”

11. Let is update completely. It should tell you when it is finished.

12. If it says that a second update is necessary, you must put your device into update mode once again before beginning the second update.

Please give us a call if you need any further instructions.

-Cricut Gena