Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7677787980>»
RGK Offline
#2311 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:42:40 AM(UTC)
RGK

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Quick good morning, I'm going to work a little later than usual today. Jess, you are well into your workday. Hope you have some time to rest and play after you get done. I think the dress card would be perfect for Mother's Day. Like Phyllis said, your cards are always beautiful.
Phyllis, glad you're getting caught up at home. I'm sure the pooches will be happy to see again after their grooming appointment. My room can easily join all the other scrap rooms the way it usually looks. Creative minds at work LOL. My album is still waiting for pictures and maybe I'll put it on my Shutterfly account.
Deb, I forgot to add my wishes for good health for your sister and quick and easy recovery for GS.
I better get going. Have a great day everyone. Later.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2312 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:31:14 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning..
Got a busy day ahead of me and I slept a little longer than usual. I was up late last night trying to make more of the free cuts from CCR. Not real, real late, but late enough. I do have lots of pretty bird cages as well as birds to go in the them. I think they will make good Mother's Day cfs. I tried to figure out the sample card they show, but couldn't figure the size.

My scrap room will always look like it exploded. Part of the problem is, it is a multi purpose room. Crafting, laundry, some storage, sewing, and right now, exercise.

I need to take a newsletter file to Staples today to get printed. Then I will need to stuff envelopes. My box for the unit is ready to go to the PO, but I would like to make just one trip.
The PO is in the opposite direction of Staples.

Hello to all... I best get going no matter which direction it is.

Dbson Offline
#2313 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:58:18 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Morning, been a busy gal cleaning...stopped for some cereal to perk me up.
Pat I will probably send some cards next week for the current theme, I have a small crop Friday night (unless something comes up with my sister or MIL) and plan to try and finish up my Easter cards.
Renate hope your work day goes well.....
Jess loving all the cards you post on FB....
Phyllis it is hard on Howard, I know how hard it was on me when mother was in rehab for 21 days...she begged and pleaded to come home....oops on the dog grooming....maybe the pooches will forgive you....
Since my sister took out her home phone, we email most of the time...she is very sick from all the stuff she had to drink yesterday, plus whatever it is making her sick....plus she is worried about her hubby/dau/grands......she will be a basket case til answers are found......
I am off to start more cleaning....hello to everyone that might drop in.....later....
Gramma Offline
#2314 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:26:06 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hello Castlemates... I'm alive, warm and well(sorta). I need to call the med center and set up an appointment. I had a growth removed from my uterus 5 years ago, and I think its back. That one was benign, so I guess I'm hesitating because there is a better that 50% chance this is too and now I don't have the insurance I had back then. Catch 22..knowhutimean? I can be a stubborn beach at times. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. Besides that I have all ready been once this year for my psoriasis thing. Its getting to be a huge nuisance.

Deb, continued prayers for you and your family. Lots of hugs flying your way as well.

Pat, you've been a woman on a mission for months now, actually for as long as I've known you, I admire your stamina! I too hope you and Jim had a wonderful 46th anniversary. DH and I celebrate our 40th at the end of June this year.

Hellos to Jess and Joanne and Renate and Phyllis and anyone else I've missed.

Back to the Mday cards.

Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#2315 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:03:27 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening....got my house work done, we made it to church, quickest business meeting I have ever been at...home by 5:30....talked to my sister, she sounds awful...feels bad too, the meds she is taking are making her sick...

Gramma sorry you need to have medical issues seen about, but please don't wait too long.....hugs and prayers coming your way.....

We had enough chicken for supper tonight, not sure what we will do tomorrow night...hair cuts in the morning, had planned to get the church bulletin done tonight but the pastor was delayed with a funeral out of town....maybe I can get them done by Saturday.....

I hope everyone had a great day, I am working on a few cards I found on Pinterest, birthday cake using strips of paper and a little layering...I seem to scrap lift all my cards lately....night.....
housefullofrotties Offline
#2316 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:05:09 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi. Hope the day treated everyone well.

Phyllis~Did you make it through all the laundry? For just having two people in the house, I don't know how I always have so much to do. I have clothes in the dryer now but I don't think they'll get folded tonight. Maybe fluffed and folded before work tomorrow! Did you get the attachment figured out? Oops to missing the appointment! Thank you for the compliment on my cards!

Renate~Thank you for the compliment as well! I'll head over to the sign up thread when I leave here. Maybe I'll stamp some as happy Birthday too. How is your short work week?

Pat~I hope you got a lot of things cut out. Your room is quite the multi-purpose room! Grrr to errands being in opposite directions!

Deb~Any news on sis or MIL? You sure are having a lot thrown at you at once. Hang in there, my friend. Glad you're liking the cards! I could use your cleaning ambition!

Gramma~Oh no. Did you make your appointment? I sure hope everyhing is okay. I totally the insurance/cost issue. I had an appointment last week and said no to a mammo this yaer. Sure I have insurance but it doesn't kick in until after my $1500 deductible (which is less than a lot of other people pay). I just can't justify spending the money. How did the cards come along?

I am dragging today. Wanted to get into my room tonight but I spent too much time trying to get caught up on computer stuff! Will probably get ready for bed, read for awhile and call it an early night. Have a good one!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2317 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:48:13 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening everyone,
Pat, how did your day go? You gave me a good idea for cards with birdcages.
Jess, sorry my sleeping in didn't help LOL. I saw your commitment on the sign-up thread, can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanx in advance. Sorry your computer stuff kept you from stuff that is more fun. Have a great night/day at work and a safe drive to and from. My week seemed short on Monday but that was a long time ago. I'm always busy which is better than being idle.
Gramma, I'm getting in line behind Deb and Jess and ask you to make the appointment. The chances for a boring outcome are good and it will give you piece of mind.
Deb, housework done, church meeting over, did you still have time to make the cards? I go to Pinterest for ideas too. It has a wealth of great ideas. Sorry your sis is having a hard time and Howard is having to deal with his mother's problems. You sure had a lot thrown at you already this year, and it is only February.
I bundled and packed the Easter and other cards and DH did his thing with the box and label. I plan to stop by WM on my way home from work and get some Easter stuff and then mail the box. I wish everyone a good evening/night and send hugs and prayers to Deb and Gramma. Renate
#2318 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:38:36 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Thursday! Have a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2319 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:03:09 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Morning, nothing on MIL..guess no news is good news.....hubby got up with nausea this morning, hope he feels better.....a little white fluff in his lap..
Jess same here on laundry for 2 people.....agree on insurance $$$$$, but thankful for my wellness checkup I am blessed it only cost me $3.75 lab fees.....can't complain there.....doesn't cover the bone density scan.....
Pat I hope you got your errands done...
Gramma did you make that appt?
Renate are you over the 'fiscal cliff' at work yet? Makes it hard to do your job properly for sure......
Joanne are you finally packed for the crop?
Phyllis did you get rested up?
I am off to the Wii, need to get my exercise back on track. Hope to move the treadmill to the apt when I get it cleaned up and organized. Have a great day......
Phyllis Offline
#2320 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:55:20 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone.

Deb, no news from MIL is probably good news. Hope DH feels better. Are you going to move your scrap room to the apt, that would be wonderful to have your own scrap house.

Gramma, by all means, get to the Dr. and get the health issues taken care of.

Renate, I have all my cards packed up but waiting on one more package, I hope to get them mailed by Monday. Are you guys getting ice tonight and tomorrow morning, that's in the forecast for us.

Jess, I made it through the laundry, the small load that I didn't do is now a full load so it's in the washer now. Yes, got the mixer attachment figured out, works great. I have a question on the SU stamp pads. I have a bunch of the old ones and saw a video where someone was using a SU pad and it looked like the pad was different. I'll have to admit I didn't care for the canvas type pad they used to have, didn't seem level and I had trouble getting my stamp inked, could be user error. Just wondering if I should try the new ones.

Pat, I love bird cages and birds, may need to try some too.

Joanne, are you all packed?

Better get off here and get back to work. We are having furnace problems and had to go the night without heat, the electric blanket really came through. Service man will be here tomorrow. DH can get it to kick on but it won't kick on by itself. We do have a couple heaters that help.
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2321 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:19:33 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Paradise and the Annex no longer look like a bomb went off as they are both pretty empty. Taking just about everything we own. And yes, Deb I have probably forgotten something! BIL wanted to know if the other ladies bring as much... Well, yeah and some bring more!
Jess - We try to do pizza and a movie every Sunday night. We find a movie on Netflix or watch an episode of a series we have taped. Of course the movie part goes by the wayside during football season! I love all your cards too. You are very clever. Tsk tsk on the mammo... And oops on the snooze button. But then again you should make sure it is still working every so often!
Gramma - There will be a mob of angry queens at your door if you do not get yourself an appointment.
Pat - I see you are running in circles again.... Thanks again for keeping CFS going.
Deb - Many hugs and prayers for you and your family. Hope Howard is feeling better - I should think that little white fluff helps a lot.
Phyllis - Traveling would be a lot more fun if one did not have to face all the laundry when you get home. Were the dogs pleased that they missed their hair appointments?
As for Pinterest - anyone can see by looking at the number of pins in the card department that I use it for inspiration as well. Used to go to Cricut's message board back in the day.....
Hi Renate!
Joanne
RGK Offline
#2322 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:35:00 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hi everyone,
Getting ready for the winter storm. Phyllis, we have snow, fr rain/ice, sleet, and then rain in the forecast. I didn't realize it is reaching as far south as you. Bummer on the furnace, always happens at the worst time. Hope you stay warm. I mailed my box today after work. I'm just about out of CFS cards, a few for summer, patriotic and left over from the holidays.
Deb, hope DH is feeling better soon. I am curious too about the apt, are you going to make it into your play place? Seems like Gracie stole DH's heart. No, the fiscal cliff is still looming.
Joanne, sounds like you are ready to play. Hope you get all your projects made.
Jess, have a good night and pleasant work hours.
I wonder what tomorrow morning will bring. I'll be so glad when it warms up. Hello to Pat and Gramma and Karen. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2323 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:23:33 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening. I am so tired, but I wanted to at least stop in and say hello. Trying to beat whatever the winter storm is going to bring us. Doesn't look like much, except for occasional light mixes of a little of everything. Will probably start tomorrow afternoon, so I have to get the society newsletters to the PO as well as the box to the cfs unit. I want to be there when they open, get back home and do some cleaning. This house is a disaster. All mu free cuts (bird cages with birds and windows with curtains and flower boxes) are in ziplock bags, so I can work on them. I cut a bunch of exploding boxes as well. I think they will make nice gifts.

Deb, I am sorry to hear about your sister. I hope they can get it figured out and get her some relief.

Well, I am going to call it a night. I have dozed off twice in the last 15 mins. I will start fresh in the am.

#2324 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:46:21 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! Hope it's a good one for all! Co-worker is off so I'll have a few extra hours today but I anticipate less muttering under my breath!BigGrin

Jess
RGK Offline
#2325 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 4:19:45 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good morning castle,
Jess, you are already busy at work. Have a great day, a little longer but probably more enjoyable.
Pat, hope you get all your errands run before you get the nasty weather.
We are on a delayed start. My driveway is solid ice. I'm going to venture out soon to look for the morning paper, then go to work. Roads should be almost ok, just not the side streets.
I hope everyone will have a great day.
Renate
Dbson Offline
#2326 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:27:25 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, nice little storm rolled in last night, hubby went to bed early since he is feeling poorly....Gracie and I fell asleep in the recliner....up before 5 this morning, cinnamon rolls and loaf of bread in pans, picked up the house again....time to head to the Wii and maybe the treadmill. A short breakfast break of some fruit and I will be out of here again...

Hopefully this afternoon my sis will know some plan of action/what her problem is....thank you for the thoughts and prayers....I am very concerned....

I see the weather may play havoc with some of you and pray it won't be too bad....

Renate drive safe.....ice is no fun......

Pat glad you got your errands done, hope staying in today is in your plans....

Jess sorry about the long work day, but at least you won't deal with the co-worker....

I haven't decided about making the apartment my scrap area, yet anyway....we are going to do a little improving out there like some new floor/vinyl and clean the kitchen top to bottom....I may get a new cheaper stove/overhead vent since hers is so old....the cabinet doors really need to be replaced...my MIL was not a house keeper (she would tell you that as well) and in the years I cleaned, there is no way to rid them of the grease/grime that built up on the kitchen walls...plus some new counters would help. At present, I am going to just clean it, move things around, see what her situation is at the facility. If at some point she has to be removed and we 'can not' place her in another ASL or nursing, we would have no option but to bring her back and hire care 24/7. Don't want to think of that as an option but you never know what may happen....

My friend is going to come up and help me and if she thinks we can scrub down the doors that will be an option.....she is a whiz at anything as$ociated with home building and remodeling...

Good morning to everyone else, I am off to finish a few things around here, get my scrap items in the car.......later......

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 11:07:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2327 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 4:10:19 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! Hope the day treated everyone well!

Deb~Are you having a fun, productve day? Sounds like you have the potential for some projects in the apt! That would be awesome to have that big of a space all for playing! I hope your sis is able to give you good news today.

Phyllis~Laundry is like rabbits! Sure hope you got the furnace issue resolved. Grrr for you!SU! did come out with new foam pads. The majority of the reviews are very good on them. I have a few of them and really like them (right now I can't justify the cost of replacing my others when they work fine). They do give a better coverage than the old style. A learning curve for some (cannot get stamp campers to understand that they don't need to press as hard and they make a mess!). Some have said that they require re-inking more than than the old style but I haven't had to re-ink any of mine yet. I have heard of problems with the black taking a long time to dry. I don't have a black one so can't give first hand knowledge of that. SU! has replaced the pads for people with the problem and say they are working on it. I give them a thumbs up but that's just me! If you think of any more questions, just ask! And, if you think you may try them, it is SAB time!

Joanne~Hope you're productive and having a great time and have everything you need! Sundays sound like a fun idea. It's good that you all enjoy each others company. Thank you for the compliment as well!

Renate~Sounds like you had an icky forecast just like us. Hope the rest of your day went better than your start.

Pat~Did you get some rest? How is the house looking now?!!

My day hasn't been as productive as I had hoped. Tried resolving an insurance problem...new company only wants to pay for 21 day of 70 day prescription. So I'd have to refill more often and pay more often. Not supposed to have any changes between companies. After finally getting to talk to someone, being transferred, system asking me if I'd take a survey after the call, please wait, please wait for just under 10 minutes I was told the transfer didn't go through and to try again. No. Grrr. Still hoping to get in my room. We'll see. I was a worker bee yesterday and did a bunch around the house to free up my weekend. A few miles from work I drove into a whiteout. It was horrible. Glad I made it safely. Still snowing (did anyone else just hear Brad swearing about it?!!). Have a nice evening!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2328 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:20:12 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello....TGIF!
Deb, how is it going with the apt cleaning? Hope DH is feeling better and sis had good news. The worries never end...Pup snuggled up with you all night, smart dog having both of you equally wrapped around her little toes.
Jess, sorry your day did not go as hoped. How long are you stuck with your insurance company, are you going to change when you can? And please make your mammo appointment.--Glad you made it safely driving into a whiteout. A whiteout was one of the causes of the 40-car pileup here a couple of weeks ago, along with speed and following too closely. Hope it will stop snowing.
My day was ok. The neighborhood street was pretty bad this morning, as was my driveway, but the other streets had been treated. It went up to 36* later today so most of it melted, hope it won't re-freeze.
Hello to the other queens, Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2329 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 5:55:32 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. our freezing precip wasn't what they had expected, so roads are good, traffic is moving (behind the house anyway, and hopefully we will be able to get errands ran. I need to take care of some cemetery look-ups I have had on my to-do list for almost 2 weeks. It really is easier at the older cemeteries to have 2 people looking.
Pretty well caught up on society stuff as well, so maybe I can work on being ready for my crop in 2 weeks. I have pictures to print and titles to cut. Then I have to go through everything to find embellishments I might need/use. I really, want to make good progress at this crop.

Jess, great cards you have been putting on FB. I have so many ideas re-pinned on pinterest I will never try them all. Not sure where you are from GB, but last night Jim's cousin said they were getting 4+ inches overnight. I am so glad we have not gotten any real measurable snow this winter, although we need it for our deficit.
Deb, not sure if your crop was last night?? I hope you had a relaxing time if it was and were productive.
I am just going to say hello to everyone.. Renate, Gramma, Joanne, Phyllis and anyone else. I hope everyone has a good weekend, gets a lot done and stays safe and warm.

Phyllis Offline
#2330 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:01:13 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good Saturday morning to everyone. Although, it's not good here, day 3 or 4 (I've lost count) without heat. The furnace guy was here yesterday but couldn't get it going, new parts that he didn't have but was going to cost an arm and leg. He (off the record) told us where we could get the parts at a substantial lower cost. DH went there and can't get them until Tuesday. DH and DS can put them on. We have an oil furnace (no gas lines in our area) and its costing us a fortune in cost. Our furnace is old and know its going to have to be replaced but in a dilemma as to our options. Sorry for the long story but I'm really frustrated right now and ready to sell and move south. Our trashy neighbors are not helping that situation, I'm ready to go on a rant to them next. Angry Angry Angry .

Pat, I use a lot of other people's ideas for cards, I think everyone does. Good luck with your cemetery look ups and to do lists.

Jess, hope you get your insurance issues taken care of. Glad you made it through the white out, those scare the crap out of me. Thanks for the stamp pad info. I'll check it out.

Renate your weather sounds like ours, I am so done with winter.

Deb, hope you're having fun, are you at your crop?

Hello to Gramma and Joanne.

#2331 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:31:53 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning!

Renate~Glad you made it to work safely. Sure hope all the melt doesn't refreeze. That's been half of our winter. Almost landed on my butt in front of the service door the other day. We don't use salt on the patio because of the dog. Thankfully I don't even see 40 cars on my way to work! Although it is scary when I have to worry about semis coming from the opposite direction! Honest, my doc is okay with me missing a year. No family history and I'm young enough that every other year is fine but if I notice any changes to go in....from her! What are your weekend plans?

Pat~Hope the errands can get checked off your list and the cemetery search goes well! Good job on having the society stuff caught up! Glad you are liking the cards!! We're about 30 miles south of GB. We got about five inches, flurries today but I don't think it's supposed to accumulate. We've got moisture to spare. I know it'll be good for our levels but geez. Another storm rolling in for the middle of next week. I think we're just spoiled because the last few yeard were so mild. I remember growing up having tons of snow. Of course that was more north.

Phyllis~Oh my word. I wish you were on your trip right now instead of home. I don't know what I'd do. That really sucks that the furnace guy couldn't fix it but thank goodness he told you about the parts. It is helpful to have a handy husband (and son too I'm sure!). I wish I could offer help! Ummm, is your blood pressure helping you produce body heat?!! We're here whenever you need to rant!

Everyone with their talk of pinterest sure does tempt me. I even got an email from a friend yesterday..."I know you said you don't use it, but you should look at these cards". I know I would waste a huge amount of time on it, although I so love looking at card ideas! Oh, and the card I posted last night was a CASE. A couple friends told me that I don't need to point it out when I copy it from someone else. Their logic is that after all this time, no LOs are original it's just different paper and stamps and even if I'm copying it, I'm the one putting it together and the majority of the time nobody has seen where I got the idea from anyway. I guess I'm indifferent to the whole thing. I know some demos get way worked up if someone uses their ideas. I think if you're putting it out there, it's free game. Although I do't think you should try and get published or win anything if you didn't do it all by yourself. I guess my point is all my cards are not always my own ideas, although some of them are!
A friend may be coming down today...waiting to hear...I'm ready to meet up if I hear from her. Otherwise I'm planning on spending my weekend in my room. It is a disaster zone. I'm going to prep last nights card for the shoebox swap (shooting for next week, also do the dress card). I have pieces/parts for another card laying all over the place, want to make a few more before I put it away. Two stamp camp extras need to be completed and put away and I need to do three ideas for camp next month. I really don't see how I can spare any time for cleaning, maybe not even cooking! Have a great day!

Jess

Dbson Offline
#2332 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:04:33 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Saturday.....hubby felt better and went to a basketball game with an old friend this morning, good to see him get out for a few hours....just got the bulletin done, ran the copies and out at church.

Need to also add talked to my sis after her dr appt, said she felt better, also has that 'dreaded' test on Wed morning.....she dreads it but he told her the only way to 'know' what is going on is for the colonoscopy.....she isn't looking forward to it.....

I did get to my crop last night, by way of PetCo, HL, Tuesday Morning; got a couple stamp sets and some paper....pizza was picked up and ready to eat at a little after 6.......managed to get 30 Easter and 8 b'day cards done, finished inking the Easter cards this morning....need to add the sentiment for the birthday ones. Had a nice time, money for crop goes to a nursing scholarship (several that attend are/were in nursing)....I got home about 11:30..rain, oh goodness but I will take rain any day over your snow/ice......

Phyllis sorry about the furnace.....I tell you, move SOUTH....hope your hubby and son can get it up and running soon....sorry about the neighbors trashiness....is that a word? The house down the street is finally empty, they were evicted, guess it sold to highest bidder, understand new owner is going to fix it up....and the house across the street that was for sale a long, long time (mainly due to the nasty house I mention) finally sold....

Renate glad you were able to make it to and from work......I haven't even thought about cleaning the apt this weekend....going to take a few days and get my CFS taken care of, cook some veggies for supper....got fresh squash yesterday and vidalia onions....hmmm....

Jess hope your weekend turns out as you hope it will.....hmmm...I didn't hear BradLOL LOL LOL

Pat have a safe trip to the cemetery, hope you accomplish what you need to get done...

I am going to say hello to Gramma, Joanne and Karen....have a great day.....

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:06:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#2333 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:30:04 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Sunday morning, quiet around 'here' yesterday...hope you have a great day.....
imnchghere Offline
#2334 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:04:51 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning friends.. After 2 days of dreary, damp, chilly weather the sun is back. And we are looking at upper 40's today.
I got a lot done yesterday and hopefully we can complete a few things today. I want to get to the Jewish cemetery and take that off my list. Yesterday we went to a small church cemetery. We found the headstone, but getting a picture was not happening. There was still a mound of dirt and the recent rain had created mud on the flat headstone. I had no way to clean it off. I will go back today with some water and a soft brush. The person just died in Dec.
We got really lucky in the other cemetery we went to. The headstone I needed was just inside the entrance gate. This is a huge cemetery in the center of town and it is maintained by the city.
I got the last of my pictures for pages to work on at the crop printed out. I will need to re-print one in a larger size, and that will be it for pictures. I will have to trim them apart, since I am printing several to a page. Since there is a lot of natural sunlight today, I will probably pick the solid papers for matting the pictures. I have saved lots of layout sketches on pinterest, so will need to see which ones might work. The CTMH lady is bringing the flip flap page things to the crop, so I will have her help for using them.

My other project today is to get some pieces of furniture we are going to be getting rid of out of the house and into storage until we can find new homes for them. It is time to get back to the purging full force.

My cardinal couple are busy in the bush in the back yard this morning. She is working on the nest and he is standing guard. It is kind of romantic. LOL

RGK Offline
#2335 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:05:00 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Sunday morning castle,
Pat, glad you got your society stuff done and are on your way to get the crop stuff ready. Hope the weather is behaving.
Phyllis, I'm so sorry for your furnace trouble. Even with the end of no-heat in sight, you are still not there. Are you at least spending some of the hours somewhere in a warm place? Looks like you will have to think about replacing your furnace. Always something.
Jess, the melt did not refreeze, at least not where I am. But there is more of the winter weather in the forecast, chance of snow almost every day this week. It's getting real old. Ok, if your dr says you are fine skipping one year. She knows you best. No big weekend plans. I did some shopping and cleaning yesterday and worked in my OMG room. Always trying to organize better. Of course it means that I have to remember where I put whatever it is I am looking for...I tried to get inspired to work on my DS's album but drew a blank. Working on the CFS cards today. I am also guilty looking for inspiration on Pinterest. I agree, if it's out there it's ok as long as I don't claim it as my design. There are only so many ways you can cut paper and embellish...Did you bother with the cooking and cleaning?
Deb, is hubby still feeling better today? Glad he felt good enough to enjoy the game. Sorry for your sis' trouble. There should be a better way to get results. You sure got a lot of cards done. What's the next project on your list? You can take your time with the apt cleaning, it's not going anywhere...
Hello to the rest of the castle. Have a wonderful Sunday. Renate
#2336 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:24:25 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope everyone is well!

Deb~So glad to hear DH is doing better and sis is feeling better even if not looking forward to her test. Sounds like you had a productive crop! Way to go!

Pat~Wow on your weather! Hope your luck continues on your search today.

Renate~Glad you were able to fit some time into your room, even if it was just to organize. I wonder if anyone really has the perfect system! So many new ideas and products come out after you've gotten things just the way you want them, or you thought you'd have enough room with "X" and outgrow it! It would help if we had unlimited space...oh, and money! The girls at camp will sometimes comment, "I could never come up with al these ideas". The other demo never replies but I always point out that so many sites have lots of ideas and sometimes the cards are ones that I case and some are my own and some are a combination. They're all just happy to be making cards! Some of them don't even own any of their own supplies and they're all pretty sure they don't have as much stuff as I do!Wink

I did cook dinner last night and clean the kitchen and even spent a little time with DH! Other than that I finished up a camp card from last month and between last night and this morning came up with four possibilities for next months camp. Also made two cards for personal use (would have loved them for camp but too much work). I stepped it down for a camp idea. I'm planning on meatloaf for dinner. Going back to my room to work on the last of last months stamp camp! I think I'll post this one 'cuz I love the colors in it and it was all my own!!
Have a delightful day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2337 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:24:40 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, trying to find something to watch on TV, no Oscar's for me....supper tonight is whatever you want....we decided no left over's....Gracie has a vet appt tomorrow afternoon, I might take them, need to go to PetSmart since the smallest bag of dog food at PetCo was $15...

Pat glad you got some 'things' done, I need to get more purging in my building done but just been too cold, no power means it has to be done with the doors open and during the day hours....I will be mailing a big box either Mon or Tues, will have the next few challenges in it also, plus dummy me....had you a note in an envelope and after I taped it all up....guess what I found on my table? Yep, the envelope, so it will be mailed separately.....I have it all taped up with packing tape too...

Renate guess the next project on my list is my building purge and some yard work..I found some small letter size containers with scrap stuff in them, I may go thru and toss what I won't ever use, most are cuts/images I didn't use during the craft time......hubby is much better today too.....he called and checked on his mom, nurse said she was napping....

Jess hubby loves meatloaf, but I don't cook it much...usually when we eat out he will order that if on the menu.....glad you got some ideas, I have so many cards 'liked' on Pinterest I will never be able to make them all....

Hello to everyone else, I am off to find something else for snacking....later...
RGK Offline
#2338 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:50:37 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, just a quick note before I call it a day.
Jess, your 'analysis' is so right. If I had the right size room, with the right cabinets and the right boxes I could have the 'perfect' system. Oh well, my room is comfy and I am lucky to have it. I need to get back to the scanning, it will make a big difference once I'm done.--Meatloaf - I haven't made that in a long time. What did you have with it? I made a beef roast with carrots, mashed potatoes and broccoli, it turned out good, dh liked it too.
Deb, no Oscars for me either. Does Gracie need shots or just a well-baby checkup? Yikes on the dog food cost.--I don't blame you for wanting to wait for warm weather before you tackle the building purge.--MIL seems to be settling in her new home. Do you get any feedback from the staff?
The weekend went way too fast. I got a few things off my to-do list but so much more to do. This will be a long week, with a lot of work.
Hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend. Renate

#2339 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:40:14 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi and happy Monday to all. I tossed and turned all night and am totally exhausted. Hope everyone has a better day than what I'm anticipating for me!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2340 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:35:32 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Well, the weekend is gone and while I was productive, it seems like my list just never ends. Things I had plenty of time for, are suddenly beating on the door.
Last night while watching/listening to the Oscars, I worked on 4 cards for a birthday card swap swap I am in. All the parts are cut and ready to assemble. Will probably do that this evening. The birthdays are the 5th, 6th, 9th and 11th, so no time to procrastinate.
We might get a *dash* of winter precip tomorrow morning, but rain in the afternoon, so I will work on finishing up page kits. We are going to be in NC this weekend for the Komen walk. Lookiing forward to seeing Jim's cousins, but I do have a lot I should be doing at home.

I can relate to the *if only I had the perfect room* comments. Right now, I have a lot I need to still go through from before the holidays. I know my problem is trying to work with storage that I have and not buying more. I do need to get rid of fabric as well as paper crafting stuff.

Deb, thanks for the heads up on the package.
Hello to everyone else. Jess, hope the day isn't as bad as you anticipate.