Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reesiepancoastea104f86 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:13:21 PM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok so I read These forums all the time when I need help, but this is the first time I'm posting a question. I'm new to cricut ( got my E2 at christmas) tho I have been paper crafting forever. So my question is, what brand/type of cardstock do you all prefer/love? I've always just bought the regular 3 for $10 packs at Michaels but have been wanting to try better quality paper. I've also noticed the "cheap" stuff has not been cutting as nicely as before (yes new blade, clean mat, same settings, checked blade housing). I bought two small packs of Core'dinations CS (pearlescent and glitter) and although I can definitely tell the quality is way better, it's not cutting too much better than cheapo CS. So what brands do you use? I'm really looking for smooth cardstock, I've found out that stamping on the Pearlescent is near impossible. I have a pack of Bazzil CS in my virtual cart, gonna try that next when I have the $. Input please all you crafty people!!
Thanks!
Josie0602 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:20:48 PM(UTC)
Josie0602

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1080 time(s) in 835 post(s)
I love Bazzill but I have trouble cutting it. The Co'ordinations always cuts well for me. I love it!
cricaholic Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:32:04 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Wub I LOVE RECOLLECTIONS from Michaels!!
I used to use Stampn Up cardstock but I'm tired of the "mail order" and other cheapy brands and having to keep adjusting the blade to cut different thicknesses...ThumbDown
Razz I'm in the process now of switching out my Stampn Up and other brands of cardstock to ONLY Recollections.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 4:55:27 AM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

Yay! I got both the answers I wanted to hear! I believe my go-to CS IS Recollections brand so I feel better now that others do use it with great results! Especially if you've used better (more expensive really) quality CS and are now using Recollections. Bazzil is not in my budget anyway so now I don't feel as tho I'm missing out anymore! I love my tiny stash of Core'dinations tho and will save up for more of thier speciality CS ( I'm a glitter/shine aholic). Thanks you both for posting!
CanadaJanice Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:02:58 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I actually prefer American Crafts over the others. It cuts well, and images are crisp. I also like the colours available. I often find it at HomeSense (I think it's called HomeGoods in the US).
#6 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:43:42 AM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

I don't think I've ever seen American crafts just plain CS but I have bought thier patterned paper and embellishments. I've also never been to a HomeGoods store, will check that out thanks!
CowgirlUp Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:45:25 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
I use the Core'dinations open stock from Joann's for cutting in my machine, I also love recollections. Both cut great in my machines. I have tried Bazzil and its hit and miss on if it cuts or not.

and HomeGoods is part of the TJ Maxx and Marshalls family so they don't always carry scrapbooking stuff.
Maggiesmama53 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 9:55:52 AM(UTC)
Maggiesmama53

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Coordination CS seems limited to me but let me explain. I've only found solid colors available. I love, love, LOVE the DCWV cs! Just picked up Magnolia Way and it is absolutely beautiful! So, I guess I prefer the patterned cs. And their solid colors are great too. I do have an assortment of Coordination cs that I use when I need a specific shade I can't find anywhere else. And it all cuts very nicely. BTW,you might want to try cleaning out the hole that the blade goes in. I've found that paper dust can accumilate there and effect the cutting. Just a suggestion.
#9 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:02:52 PM(UTC)
Reesiepancoastea104f86

That was gonna be my next question-how do you clean that tiny hole in the blade housing? And I've always used DCWV because that's all My Michaels really carries. I haven't been to a JoAnns in many many years but I'm going to find one and go now thanks!
Granny510 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:22:19 PM(UTC)
Granny510

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi,
Welcome to E2 LandBigGrin . I love core'dinations and bazzill and they cut perfectly in my machine.
Are you changing the settings for heavier paper?
Bazzill - Speed5; Depth 5; Cuts 2; Blade 6. For intricate cuts, lower the speed to 3.
For Coredinations - same settings, but only 1 cut. If it does not cut, increase the # of cuts to 2.
Hope this helps.
Granny 510