Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
CherylfromOz Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:16:45 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand how a company can't have an answer about the EULA the company wrote. Either the EULA is in effect or it isn't when selling linked carts and gypsies with linked carts......... It's either yes or no..........

My thoughts exactly, how hard is it to comment on something you wrote
KathyRoscoe Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:14:47 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Probably a moot point "if" and/or "when" PC discontinues the Gypsy. Can they enforce the EULA then?

I really want to be able to link the carts on my Gypsy to CCR NOW. This should have been fixed years ago! I will DEMAND to be able to do it when the gypsy is discontinued.

Maybe this is why PC is not commenting yet or ever!

Linking is the larger issue for me, not so much selling the gypsy with linked cartridges.

TulipCollector Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:46:55 PM(UTC)
TulipCollector

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Freda C. Go to Quoted Post
Wonder what a gypsy with 325 cartridges linked would go for???? Might be able to recoup some of my losses...

Freda

When you find out we can price ours the same!!!
Missie Todd Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:11:57 AM(UTC)
Missie Todd

Was thanked: 1596 time(s) in 648 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
There's a difference betwwen a company "changing" their mind and people choosing not to honor the EULA!!

I have NOT sold a single linked cart (over 250 carts) so does that mean PC can honor their word to me? I'm just sayin

I agree with this 100% I have tons of carts (over 200, but who's counting???) I have never sold a linked cart, but I am surely tempted to do so. I just fear that if I sell them and my G dies I will be out of luck. I'm not sure the pennies on the dollar I will get for them is worth it at this point. But it would be nice if PC showed the same respect and loyalty to us that we have shown to them.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:16:48 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1940 time(s) in 931 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
Probably a moot point "if" and/or "when" PC discontinues the Gypsy. Can they enforce the EULA then?

I really want to be able to link the carts on my Gypsy to CCR NOW. This should have been fixed years ago! I will DEMAND to be able to do it when the gypsy is discontinued.

Linking is the larger issue for me, not so much selling the gypsy with linked cartridges.

I agree......... I want to be able to use my carts in CCR without rotating them in and out......... I want linking to CCR dealt with! Its been almost 2 years!!

GracefulGrammar Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:24:12 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
There's a difference betwwen a company "changing" their mind and people choosing not to honor the EULA!!

I have NOT sold a single linked cart (over 250 carts) so does that mean PC can honor their word to me? I'm just sayin

I have not sold a linked cartridge either........ I have kept my part of the agreement; and, I really wish PC would follow through on things they have promised....... such as, not being penalized for linking my carts to the gypsy. We were told this wouldn't be a problem; and, if something new came along we would be able to move our linked carts to the new and improved........ Now, after almost 2 years, CCR still won't link carts that are linked to a gypsy!
Kisa Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:56:58 PM(UTC)
Kisa

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Freda C. Go to Quoted Post
Wonder what a gypsy with 325 cartridges linked would go for???? Might be able to recoup some of my losses...

Freda

I'm about at the point too Freda. This is a darn shame PC has not corrected the Gypsy sync with the craftroom. They are too busy suing people instead of focusing on their customers with the new stuff they bring out. I hope their actions will not make me sale every piece of Cricut stuff I have in my Woman Cave.

1 user thanked Kisa for this useful post.
ScrapCat on 12/1/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:10:10 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Hoping PC has had time to review the EULA and what folks are being told when they call customer service...... do we have an official answer yet?
Hugabug Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:03:49 PM(UTC)
Hugabug

Was thanked: 542 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Hoping PC has had time to review the EULA and what folks are being told when they call customer service...... do we have an official answer yet?

Haven't seen a pig flying over my house yet...so probably not!Razz
 1 user thanked Hugabug for this useful post.
letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC)
GailHamilton Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:04:31 PM(UTC)
GailHamilton

Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 178 post(s)

I agree with you...............I don't want to sell my carts...............I just REALLY want the carts I have linked to my Gyspy to be linked to CCR. When I link carts to CCR they get linked to my Gypsy. So, why can't it work the other way around? Why can't the carts I linked to my Gypsy long before I ever even heard of CCR be linked to CCR. I have no intention of selling them....I just want them to be linked to CCR.Cursing
Hugabug Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:14:55 PM(UTC)
Hugabug

Originally Posted by: GailHamilton Go to Quoted Post
I agree with you...............I don't want to sell my carts...............I just REALLY want the carts I have linked to my Gyspy to be linked to CCR. When I link carts to CCR they get linked to my Gypsy. So, why can't it work the other way around? Why can't the carts I linked to my Gypsy long before I ever even heard of CCR be linked to CCR. I have no intention of selling them....I just want them to be linked to CCR.Cursing

Gasp! Why that would be way to logical!
GracefulGrammar Offline
#42 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 7:48:08 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Bumping for the 2 week anniversary of this question! Maybe monday morning???
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
TanyaAdams on 12/2/2012(UTC)
Hugabug Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:42:29 PM(UTC)
Hugabug

Bumping for the 2 week anniversary of this question! Maybe monday morning???

Does PC have a Monday on their calender?Razz
CherylfromOz Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:13:28 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 155 post(s)
We really need an answer to this, too many ebay posts are being pulled because of copyright violation and yet others are allowed to sell

Something needs to be done about this NOW
 1 user thanked CherylfromOz for this useful post.
Lguild on 12/3/2012(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:28:39 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
There is a resale ebay law case before the Supreme Court. If you want details, just google reslae ebay law case and you can read about it.

I think that PC has to wait until that case is settled before they can give an official statement.

This law case will change everything if the court rules that we don't have the right to resale items.

Mary

GracefulGrammar Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 9:06:21 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
There is a resale ebay law case before the Supreme Court. If you want details, just google reslae ebay law case and you can read about it.

I think that PC has to wait until that case is settled before they can give an official statement.

This law case will change everything if the court rules that we don't have the right to resale items.

Mary

Thank you, Mary....... I have read about SCOTUS case but to my knowledge that has not been decided presently. I am seeking an answer for now....... as some sales are allowed on ebay and others are pulled...... Of course, later PC may change based on the supreme court decision........ but that decision could be months or years away.

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2012 9:12:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 12/3/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC)
Scraptastic Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:07:11 PM(UTC)
Scraptastic

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 44 post(s)

Not really because they are made here in the USA, not overseas. Unless PC are wanting to be the first here in the US to do it? However MANY will still be able to get around the law, it called being grandfathered in. This is why those who want to sell the G with linked cards should be able to do so IF they bought the G because PC decided to change its own copyrights....again. Anyone after the new copyrights are stuck. The law is pretty cut and dry about this.

Put simply, though Apple Inc. has the copyright on the iPhone and Mark Owen has it on the book "No Easy Day," you can still sell your copies to anyone without retribution.

The law is now being challenged now for products that are made abroad. If the Supreme Court upholds an appellate court ruling, it would mean that the copyright holders of anything you own that has been made in Japan, China or Europe -- would have to give you permission to sell it.
SwimMom Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:05:49 AM(UTC)
SwimMom

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I don't have any intention of selling my carts. I don't even care that much about linking them to CCR since I don't plan to use CCR, but I would like them to uphold their promise on that. What I would like is to be to link a cart if I bought from someone else and it was already linked. AND I would like assurance that the G will still be available and supported if and when mine dies. The point when I can no longer use my G is when I will start to look for another cutting system...
 1 user thanked SwimMom for this useful post.
Annabella on 12/5/2012(UTC)
RobinPineo1 Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:23:20 AM(UTC)
RobinPineo1

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I know that you want PC to tell you but they don't want to tell you. And quite frankly we don't want them to tell us whether we an or can't sell these items because the fact of the matter is that they can't uphold if they say no. I am not a lawyer but, even if the EULA stated that you can't sell them, I would think that based on everything else we buy that we can sell it if , when , where and how much we want to sell it. This is of course my humble opinion but how in the world would PC enforce this "rule" about not selling these items? thanks, Robin
scrapalette Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:41:55 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Her question is specifically about the Gypsy with carts linked to it and the carts that have been linked to a Gypsy because this is different from selling other things that you own. While you can buy a phone or book and sell them if you want, you can't buy a music CD or movie DVD, make a usable copy of it and then sell either the original or the copy. Those are clearly copyright infringements. That's how PC explained it at the Gypsy launch in one of the Q&A threads on the old MB, but those threads are no longer accessible and different information has recently been given through CS.

So clarification was requested.

Can we resell gypsy-linked carts individually without the gypsy the carts are linked to?? Can we resell our gypsies that have carts linked to them without the physical carts? Thank you for this verification.

GracefulGrammar Offline
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:48:47 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

I started this thread November 18th, 2012......... surely we should have some kind of answer by now???

rhondah* Offline
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:34:52 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15708 time(s) in 9098 post(s)
BTT
Ang Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:15:50 AM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
How long have you got??

PC very rarely answer questions on here!
GracefulGrammar Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 11:41:47 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

February 28, 2013............... It has been 3.5 months......... 100 days........ Surely someone at PC has this information and can post it publicly???

100 days and no response from PC!!!!
jscraftylady Offline
#55 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 2:54:06 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2342 time(s) in 1258 post(s)
Personally, I think their silence on the issue and their acquiescence to the literally hundreds (thousands?) of people selling linked carts on eBay is as much as an answer as you are ever going to get.
Lguild Offline
#56 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 5:33:05 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
It's been almost a year and we still don't have an answer from Provocraft. Why is it that some people can openly sell a Gypsy on Ebay and some can't?
GracefulGrammar Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:16:22 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Lguild Go to Quoted Post
It's been almost a year and we still don't have an answer from Provocraft. Why is it that some people can openly sell a Gypsy on Ebay and some can't?

Wow.......... I started this thread on November 18, 2012 .......... Thanks for the reminder, Linda. I poked around ebay and found this August 18, 2013 sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...&hash=item1c35bccd66

I checked and PC is still listed as a member of the Ebay VeRO program........... I wonder if it's okay NOW because the ebay description says the following and this was completed sale and not pulled???????

CUT & PASTE from above link:

Since the cartridges are not included you don't want to update the gypsy or you may lose all of the cartridges on it. For some reason it functions way fast when you browse through the "All Cartridges" list rather than the "Linked Cartridges" list. Since there is so much content on this gypsy it runs slower when using the "Linked Cartridges" list, but the list is almost the exact list as the "All Cartridges" list, meaning almost all of the existing cartridges have been downloaded to this gypsy. There are 475 useable and cuttable cartridges on this gypsy - including rare Disney, Hello Kitty, Creative Memories, Close to My Heart, Lite, and Cricut Carftroom and Cricut Circle Exclusives. The cartridges that you can use and cut are all highlighted in BLACK TEXT. The ones that you cant cut are highlighter in RED text. There are only a couple in RED text. There are 475 in BLACK text ready to use and cut directly to your machine. I have tested it to work and cut with a Cricut Machine, so I know 100% certainty that all 475 cartridges on this gypsy are available to cut, and I also confirmed this information with the previous owner. The previous owner was an employee of Cricut, which is why all the existing cartridges are on this gypsy. This is a rare find and worth a lot of money!

deleted Offline
#58 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:23:40 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
whoooo... that is a huge leap of faith to drop that kind of coin on a notoriously buggy device! But... they did have free shipping! LOL

PC is still pulling auctions for linked Gypsy's. Some get pulled - some don't.