Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SusanLoetell2 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:30:52 PM(UTC)
SusanLoetell2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The craft room mat shows the design fine but when I cut it is about 1 1/2 inches higher on the actual mat. How do I correct this?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 9:27:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
What CRICUT machine are you using?

Have you SYNCed your machine?

Have you installed DRIVERS for your particular machine (if applicable)?

What computer are you using.....Desktop PC or MAC?

Char
SusanLoetell2 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:47:43 AM(UTC)
SusanLoetell2

I installed drivers, synced my CE2, using PC and after hours I finally got the mat right (not sure how) but now it either says my machine is not connected or it can't find the cartridge. So frustrating.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:38:54 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Susan - This is what I would try:

Go up to TOOLS (upper menus when you're on the internet) and DELETE BROWSING HISTORY. Select ALL items in the history and delete it all. (I don't see how you do this in FIREFOX, so I hope you're on a browser that will allow you to go to TOOLS....if you don't see it in the browser you're using, try another browser. I use INTERNET EXPLORER all the time when I'm using my CRICUT machines. I rarely have any problems with my MINI or my EXPRESSION).

If you have changed browsers, that might be a problem. I installed my CRICUTS when I was using Internet Explorer (I didn't have any other browsers loaded on my machines); so, in essence, IE was my DEFAULT browser. I'm wondering if people who have multiple browsers loaded on their machines when they first do all the SYNCS and drivers installs have more trouble with their CRICUTS than those who have only used ONE browser. That's just speculation on my part.

Next, unplug your CRICUT from the hard drive on your computer. SHUTDOWN your computer, completely and when it has shut down, unplug it (or, if it is plugged into a surge protector, turn it off). After twenty seconds, go ahead and plug/turn on the protector. Before you start up your computer, go ahead and plug the CRICUT machine into the hard drive (USB port).

Turn on your CRICUT machine and go ahead and REBOOT the computer.

This might clear out anything that has been going on with your CRICUT since you've been trying to get it to work the first time.

Now, let us know if this did or did not help. There is help for you; we just don't know how to help you. BUT, we all want you up and running.

Unfortunately, there have been issues with the CE2. If none of this helps, I'm sorry, but I think it's worth a try. Also, if none of this helps, TRY CALLING PROVOCRAFT, if you've not already done that. Maybe they can help you in a flash. They have always helped me with any problems I've called for them to help me with.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:40:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SusanLoetell2 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:30:42 PM(UTC)
SusanLoetell2

I turned everything off and on and I am finally cutting. I am new to the craft room. I love being able to see it on my computer screen instead of my gypsy but it really is horrible that I can't link my gypsy to the craft room. Thanks for your help.
 1 user thanked SusanLoetell2 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/27/2013(UTC)
SusanLoetell2 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:04:42 PM(UTC)
SusanLoetell2

I guess I spoke to soon. I change the cartridge and now it saying the same thing over and over - "Missing cartridge". So I guess all the complaints about craft room not working with CE2 are true. Now if PC would just let me link my gypsy cartridges I wouldn't have to worry about inserting the cartridge in my machine.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:50:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: SusanLoetell2 Go to Quoted Post
I guess I spoke to soon. I change the cartridge and now it saying the same thing over and over - "Missing cartridge". So I guess all the complaints about craft room not working with CE2 are true. Now if PC would just let me link my gypsy cartridges I wouldn't have to worry about inserting the cartridge in my machine.

Susan - If you have used more than one cartridge on your project, it will ask you to insert every cartridge on ALL the mat layers before it will cut any images on any mat layers.

So, let's say you used three cartridges. It will first tell you a cartridge is missing and that cartridge it says is missing will need to be inserted, then it will RECOGNIZE that cartridge and you have to click on CONTINUE............then, it will say the next missing cartridge that you need to insert, then it will RECOGNIZE that cartridge (after you insert it, of course) and you have to click on CONTINUE...........then, it will ask for the last cartridge (unless you already had that cartridge in the machine before it told you one was missing. It already recognized that first cartridge, even though it didn't tell you, or it might have and just flipped over to tell you you were missing a cartridge.

It will now wait until you hit the CUT button again. Make sure the mat layer you want to cut is showing before you hit CUT.....otherwise, you will need to arrow over to the mat layer you want to cut right now.

Hope that all made sense.

Is this what is happening to you?

Char
SusanLoetell2 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:40:22 AM(UTC)
SusanLoetell2

No at this point I am only cutting with 1 cartridge at a time. If I put the cartridge in and wait approx 10 minutes it will finally recognize it. Not very convenient.
 1 user thanked SusanLoetell2 for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:44:57 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
My solution. . .I leave George and Basic Shapes cart in my Cricut all the time. If I'm cutting from one of the few carts I haven't linked to CCR, I don't insert it until prompted. Then, I take George out and put in the needed cart. I almost never have an error with CCR recognizing the cart {although I did get them frequently when I would have the needed cart already in my Cricut when I opened CCR}. Huh
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.