Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lildixiedreams85ffde98a3 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:26:38 AM(UTC)
lildixiedreams85ffde98a3

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey ya'll. I just bought a CriCut mini and followed the setup process, downloaded the craft room (on my windows 8 pc) and everytime I go to run it, it stays stuck at initializing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I'd really like to play with my new toy lol. Thanks.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:57:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8165 time(s) in 4787 post(s)
What kind of computer are you using?
What internet browser are you using?
How much RAM do you have on your computer?

Char
#3 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 2:05:46 PM(UTC)
lildixiedreams85ffde98a3

It's an Acer with Windows 8 on it that I just bought about 3 days ago so I could use the cricut mini that I just bought about 4 days ago lol. I don't know about the RAM. I spoke to CS 3 times today and they don't have windows 8 drivers yet, I was told to try compatibility mode but that didn't seem to work either.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 6:50:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Oh, well, the fact CCR doesn't have Windows8 drivers yet is very revealing!! I don't know anything about ACER computers. Is that built especially for you?

Char
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 6:59:45 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Just in case it isn't a driver problem... have you added CCRBridge.exe, Cricut Sync, Cricut CraftRoom, and Adobe Air as exceptions to your anti-virus program?
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:29:26 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello Lildixiedreams! The Cricut Craft Room program will work great with your Computer. Here are the directions to install using Windows 8:
Using the Cricut Craft Room® design software on Windows® 8
(1) Download and install the software from www.cricut.com/craftroom
(2) When installation is complete, a Cricut Craft Room® icon should appear on your desktop.
a. If Cricut Craft Room® automatically opened after installation, please close it.
(3) Right click on the icon and click “Properties” to open the Properties window.
(4) Click to view the “Compatibility” tab.
(5) Within the “Compatibility” tab, check the box next to ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:”. Make sure the drop down menu just below shows “Windows 7”.
(6) Click OK

Additionally you will need to add the Cricut Craft Room Program and the CCRBridge.exe program from the program file folder to your exceptions in your antivirus. After this is done you should be able to access Cricut Craft Room just fine! Happy Crafting!
-PCGena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/26/2013(UTC)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:24:57 AM(UTC)
lildixiedreams85ffde98a3

Well, after hours speaking CS service yesterday with no solution because they dont have the windows 8 drivers yet, I finally decided to switch laptops with my father in law until Provo decides to release the correct drivers. It sucks having to suffer without my new laptop and the new windows (which rocks in case anyone wants to look into upgrading) but I wanted to play with my new craft toy so bad lol. I appreciate all the PMs and people trying to help but until they release the new drivers, there really isnt much to do. Hopefully they'll have it up soon since I see so many people with the same issues. Thanks ya'll
 1 user thanked lildixiedreams85ffde98a3 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/30/2012(UTC)
jesca_wynn2baba706 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:39:59 PM(UTC)
jesca_wynn2baba706

Apparently, this problem has never been fixed, because I have a new computer with Windows 8, tried to change my Cricut Mini over yesterday and guess what, I can't do it. Now I have a 12 year old with a science fair project due tomorrow and am going to be hand cutting letters half the night tonight because I have been fighting with this for 2 days straight now! I am one unhappy mama right now!
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:53:11 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: lildixiedreams85ffde98a3 Go to Quoted Post
Well, after hours speaking CS service yesterday with no solution because they dont have the windows 8 drivers yet, I finally decided to switch laptops with my father in law until Provo decides to release the correct drivers. It sucks having to suffer without my new laptop and the new windows (which rocks in case anyone wants to look into upgrading) but I wanted to play with my new craft toy so bad lol. I appreciate all the PMs and people trying to help but until they release the new drivers, there really isnt much to do. Hopefully they'll have it up soon since I see so many people with the same issues. Thanks ya'll

Did you try the RUN AS WINDOWS 7 in CRICUT that CricutGena is suggesting above? You won't need the WINDOWS 8 drivers for that. You also need to click on RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR when you change the compatability to WINDOWS 7. This won't hurt your computer; it's merely letting your WINDOWS 8 run in compatability mode for CCR.

We have heard many say they are up and running after doing this? Maybe I'm missing something.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:54:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:00:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

CricutGena - I sent you a PM. The only reason I'm letting you know here is another thread suggested that the PM's are never read by PC's personnel. I hope you will take time to read it and consider what I have suggested. Thanks.

Char
lovinstouch65c4bda7 Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:30:20 PM(UTC)
lovinstouch65c4bda7

CricutGena THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! lol I was having a very hard time, i'm not very computer savvy and ur suggestion worked!!! If I can adjust windows 8 setting anyone can. lol.