Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6566676869>»
rm920 Offline
#1981 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:21:24 PM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all....

Been busy here. Our second storm didn't bring as much snow as anticipated - which is ok. But the front helped to get things started a few weeks early. This morning at 7:29 am, my great granddaughter was born. They had to do a c-section. And it seems she swallowed some amnio fluid. She is breathing too fast so she is on some breathing thing. So far, no one has been able to hold her. They say maybe tomorrow morning. She is beautiful though!

Laurie, glad things are coming together for you. Are you going to go ahead and sell the house? Hope you have good luck with the lady with the B & B.

Paula, any soup sounds good in this weather. I made taco soup tonight when I got home. It hit the spot. I usually use MCI airport in Kansas City.

Pat, hope the front pushes through quickly.

Lizzy, sorry you have been under the weather again. Sending prayers to your teacher friend. Hope the two meetings go well. Hang in there!
Nancycs Offline
#1982 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:08:02 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good afternoon!

I didn't realize how long I had been MIA. Sorry!

Laurie I imagine you are much happier knowing you will be staying for a while at least. You may get your house so nice you won't want to leave it!

Lizzie sorry you have been sick again. Sarah's gown is beautiful. It looks like it suits her well.

Rhonda Congratulations on your GGD! I hope her breathing gets under control quickly. What is her name? I am not completely done with my tax input but I think very close. I think I just have to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. I will do that this weekend.

Paula I had to chuckle at you keeping yourself company yesterday! Are you crafting today?

Pat how is your head today? I hope better than yesterday.

The licensor comes tomorrow. I will be glad when that is over. I can then get taxes done this weekend so I can concentrate on other things, like more purging and getting some scrapping done.

I hope everyone has a great day!
lizzyea Offline
#1983 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:20:56 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....I posted the other day, but now I can't find the post and I'm thinking that it never showed up. Oh well...I didn't say anything very important. I have a cold and it has been rather nasty, but I think it's slowly getting better. It was pretty bad over the weekend and all I did was sleep and work on my report cards. I got them finished and today, I printed them. I plan to sign and staple them tonight and put them into their envelopes tomorrow. (I forgot to bring them home tonight.)

This week has been a bit on the crazy side, but I can sense the stress lessening already. The State writing test is on Tuesday and we are crazily preparing our students. I think once that is done, all I will have to do is work on the regular curriculum for the rest of March. What a joy that will be! Of course, it will be pressured because it's our last big push before we go off track, but at least there is nothing else to get in the way. I have a list of things I need to teach and plan to get all of that covered! LOL

I turned in my retirement papers today so I need to determine what has to be done next. I think the next step is to turn in another set of retirement papers for a different retirement account. Then, I need to check on signing up for Medicare. Yikes...how scary is that?

In the meantime, we have to begin thinking about selling this house...a task I am leaving up to Terry who is dragging his feet and I'm biting my tongue pretty successfully! He and I don't agree on everything, but I'm being quiet and letting him do it all. I figure I'll let him handle all of this and we'll see how it all goes. The real estate agent will either agree with him or not and we'll just see how it all goes.

I have some papers to take care of this evening, so I'm going to say s'long and get to them before it gets too late. Everyone take care. Hugs to you all....I miss you.
rm920 Offline
#1984 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:01:40 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

It has been an exciting few days. We were so excited to welcome Payton Brillee Bess to our family on Tuesday morning. She is beautiful. But she did not take her first breath voluntarily and has been having problems since. They think she may have swallowed amnio fluid during the c section birth. At any rate she continues to have very rapid breathing. She cannot keep her oxygen levels up - so no one has been able to hold her yet. The drs. are hopeful she will learn to take deep breaths on her own - but it is wait and see. If this does not happen by tomorrow, she will be sent to Children's Mercy hospital. It has been hard on the kids - not being able to hold her. So would appreciate keeping Drew, Cody and Payton in your prayers.

Lizzy, you are moving closer to retirement. Hope the State writing tests go smoothly for you and the students. Hope you are feeling better. Have you made any decisions on where you may want to live after retirement?

Nancy, I know you will do just fine with the licensor today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
imnchghere Offline
#1985 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:10:30 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning... a nice sunny one here, but I am ready for warmer temps.

Nancy, good to hear from you and I am sure all will go well with the licensor. You've been doing this long enough to know the drill.
Rhonda, I will keep Payton and everyone involved in my prayers. I know it's especially hard on Drew & Cody.
Lizzy, I hope all continues to go well for you. So many changes to look forward to and take care of. Getting a house ready to sell in these times is a big job. Jim & I discuss it a lot and I am not always sure we are on the same page about what would need to be done and what doesn't.
Today, I need to get some birthday cards in the mail and also take care of some society stuff on line. Things I should have done yesterday, but didn't.
I also need to be ready to leave for NC first thing in the am. It is going to be cold for the walk, but fun seeing Jim's cousins. I decided to not take my laptop, but will be taking my tablet and camera.

With that said, let me get busy here.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1986 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:30:47 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies.

The big storm missed us. We got about four inches of really heavy/wet snow. Schools were closed north, east and south of us. (there is only lake to the west).

Deb and I just ended up going to lunch yesterday.

Pat, where is the walk that you are going to? Do you have relatives there?

Rhonda, welcome to beautiful little Payton! I pray that her breathing issues will pass and you will all be able to hold her and love on her soon!!! :)

Nancy, I hope all goes well for you with the inspection. (knowing how prepared you are, it will be great!!)
It was good to have you pop in, I was wondering about you. :)

Laurie, what project are you working on?? Has D started his job?

Lizzy, hope you are feeling better and can concentrate on your school work.
I did get the dress pic. It is so very pretty, and she will be a beautiful bride!!
Big step...turning in your retirement papers!! How does that feel??

I am not doing today's house since they returned from their around the world trip Mon.
I have some things I want to do around here today so hopefully I will make good use of my extra time.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1987 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:35:04 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

My friend pinned this bread recipe and it looks so yummy and easy I thought I would share it:

http://www.simplysogood....010/03/crusty-bread.html

There are other great looking recipes on the site too.
rm920 Offline
#1988 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:54:31 AM(UTC)
rm920

Hi - just a quick note to let you know the baby and Cody are on their way to Children's Mercy by ambulance. We are getting ready to head up there as well.

They did let Cody and Drew each hold her for a few minutes before leaving. This is really hard on them.

Please continue to keep Payton in your prayers.
Flee57 Offline
#1989 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:33:38 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Rhonda, special prayers being said for Peyton and your family. (((HUGS))) to you
imnchghere Offline
#1990 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:28:03 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening.. We will be leaving in the morning early. Jim says on the road by 5. So I do need to get to bed.
Paula, the walk is in Wilmington. There are many places in NC that Jim doesn't have family. It is going to be really cold. Hoping we can stay warm walking. I am not taking my laptop, so won't be able to post any pics until I get home.
Laurie, they are having a Zumba warm-up before the race/walk starts.
Anyway.. I will have my tablet with me, so I might be able to check in and see if there is any news from Rhonda. I am praying for little Payton.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.
lizzyea Offline
#1991 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:26:00 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Oh my goodness, I just logged in and saw the post about Peyton and her trip to Mercy Children's with her Daddy. I will be praying for her and for the medical personnel who are treating her. I trust that they will give her their best and she will be in good hands while there. Of course, this is very hard on everyone involved. It sounds like Cody was able to ride in the ambulance with her which, if that is correct, is very fortunate for him. Rhonda, I know you will keep us posted.

Pat and Jim, safe travels to you both and a good walk to you. I am sure the weather will be a bit cold....damp for you and this walk. Brrrrr! I'm sure you will warm up as you walk, though. I just hope there isn't any wind. That is hard to beat.

My cold is getting better...bit by bit each day. I am hoarse right now, but nothing too terrible. Tomorrow will actually be a fairly easy day. We have a guest speaker/program most of the morning...I think. Then, our other schedule is changed because of different schedules. Last, we will have an outdoor special reading with parents so, it will be a nice day. I don't exactly know what we are doing because I haven't made plans, but I will get it done tomorrow during the time the speaker is in the classroom. We'll likely do writing and math...and maybe a bit of science! That should do the trick.

Well, I'm going to go here. Everyone take care. I'll talk to you later.
Nancycs Offline
#1992 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 6:37:18 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Rhonda I hope Payton is doing better this morning and I will keep them in my prayers.

Lizzy enjoy your low key day today!

Pat I am sure you are on your way now. I bet the Zumba warm up will help you get warm before you start your walk. I hope you stay warm the whole way!! Just walk a little faster!!!BigGrin

Paula Lunch instead of crafting? Sounds nice to me! What are your plans today?

Laurie have you started painting the next room?

I imagine Carrie is enjoying the warm weather! I wish I were with her!

The licensing visit went fine. Now on to taxes. My goal is getting that done this weekend and then I will make my appointment. It will be nice to have those off my plate and move on with other things. I keep getting my Flylady emails so I want to keep decluttering. I want to do a cupboard, storage box or a shelf at least once a week. Baby steps and I will get it done.

I would really like to go shopping for some new clothes since so many are baggy on me but I just don't know when. I would like to go this weekend but my taxes have to get done first! Maybe I can go tonight and look a little and then do my taxes tomorrow. I really don't think it will take long to finish up my taxes since it is just copying off a couple of forms, double checking things and figuring out my donations to good will. I write down what I donate but now have to get the value of it all.

Have a great day everyone!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1993 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:45:25 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I tried to post last night but it wouldn't let me sign in.

Thinking about Rhonda this morning...hope all is well.

Nancy...your clothes are baggy?? You have been losing weight?? Congrats!! You deserve some new clothes!!
I am glad yesterday went well. Hope the tax work goes quick so you can get shopping! :)

Lizzy, I hope your day goes well. It sounds like you will go with the flow today. I bet the kids will like having a special guest and an outdoor reading sounds like a great change of pace. It's always fun: 1. getting outdoors and 2. having parents join in. :)

Yesterday I organized the fridge a bit and emptied the lazy susan and reorganized that. The tupperware I ordered came so that's what prompted that. I got some fridgemates and a new set of canisters.

This morning I take Abby to the vet for a few things that are due. The best part is they will trim her nails and they really need it. :)
Other than that, my day is pretty open. Yesterday I caught up laundry. I should take care of some clutter today.

Better go get ready...
Flee57 Offline
#1994 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:32:47 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

Couldn't sleep so I got up at 3 and started cleaning and purging again.

Rhonda, been keeping Payton in my thoughts and prayers. I hope alll is well.

Nancy, I am going to get the master bath done on Sunday. D has taken down all the border and he is gooing to blue tape everything for me tomorrow. Then after that will be the master bed. i don't know if I'm doing the same color. worried I won't have enough. i want to paint the master a pale yellow. I want to get bedding that is black/gray/white and add splashes of yellow. Glad the licensing went well. And how fun to go shopping for smaller clothes!

Pat, Zumba will be a nice warm up for you. I see from the FB pics you made it there safely. good luck with the walk. Hopw you have good weather.

Lizzy, glad you are feeling better. My phone will be in my pocket LOL

Carrie, I hope it stopped raining

Paula, new Tupperware is so exciting! I remember how much I used to buy when I sold it. I spent more than I made. I loved it!

I have kind of a busy day...with a little nap in the middle I'm sure. I'm going to breakfast with a friend. Then she's coming over because she bought some tables and chairs from me. Then I have another friend coming over to pick up the stuff she bought. Then I am meeting someone else who bought stuff from me. Then I'll take that nap! After I rejuvinate with the nap, I will go back into my scraproom and put it all back together. I'm on a local yard sale on FB and I've sold around $300 so far. I'm lowering prices soon because I just want it gone!! I've sold all my rolling drawers, tons of paper and embellies along with some tables and chairs so now I have to find places for everything that was in or on those things.

Sadie has been in the room with me sleeping on the bed since I got up at 3. She keeps shiverying so I covered her up. She is snug as a bug! Wish I was LOL

Later!

lizzyea Offline
#1995 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:29:34 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

I just logged into FB and saw a photo from Rhonda of her new great-granddaughter looking pretty good. So, all must be going much, much better! WHEW!!

Laurie, I'm sorry I didn't call you today. I took Terry to the airport, then came home and slept on and off until about 2:00. Then, I got up and went to get my hair done. After that, I went to Panera for a salad and then home.

I have four more weeks of school and I plan to focus on teaching math and language arts...maybe some science and social studies. I just want to get these kids ready for the state testing. I would like no interruptions, no schedule changes, no big events...nothing. Just leave me alone and let me teach!

Otherwise, there's nothing major happening here. I need to do some wedding arrangements...reserve the rooms for the guests, but that's about it. Otherwise, nothing major. Just DO IT! I've been a bit of a procrastinator.

Everyone take care....I'll check back tomorrow.

rm920 Offline
#1996 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:49:26 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Thank you for all your prayers for Payton. She is doing better. She did get a little jaundiced so she has to be under the ultra violet light for a few days. She got to have her first bottle today and they may try breast feeding tomorrow. Drs. are saying she may get to come home late in the week - probably Friday. I can't wait until I can hold her.Love

Pat and Jim - WTG on completing your walk!

Laurie, you have been very busy with the cleaning, painting and purging. You will have a whole new home soon! Did D get his job back?

Paula, thanks for the chat. I have not seen tupperware in a long time. I guess I'd better look to see what fridgemates are!

Lizzy, hope you can spend the next 4 weeks teaching like you want to teach!

Nancy, WTG on the weight loss. I keep starting on a good routine, then something comes up and I get sabotaged. You deserve new clothes. Have fun shopping!

OK, it has been a long few days. I am going to bed. Need to get some L and cleaning done tomorrow.
Flee57 Offline
#1997 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:50:45 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Lizzy, I was up all night, got all my stuff done today and then came home and took a nap...a 3-1/2 hr nap. My phone was in my purse so I wouldn't have heard it anyway.

I did sneak a peak at Drew and Cody's FB pages last night and saw some pics. Payton is looking good. I hope that means that he breathing problems are getting better. she has a beautiful little face! I see Rhonda is in here so hope to get an update.

Didn't do much today except sleep and watch lots of HGTV. tomorrow will be our productive day.

That's it for now.

Later!

Flee57 Offline
#1998 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:56:42 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Rhonda, I just read your update. I'm so happy to hear that payton is getting better. she is beautiful! Continued prayers

Yes, D will start with orientation on Tuesday. This is a good thing :)
lizzyea Offline
#1999 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 10:29:57 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

I've been cruising around Pinterest looking at wedding ideas and then I came back in here to see both of the posts from Rhonda and Laurie. So, thought I'd post a reply!

Laurie, despite your long nap, you were productive today.

And, Rhonda, no wonder you are tired and have been sidetracked whenever you've tried to get on a weight-loss/exercise program. There's been a lot going on for you! Maybe with Payton doing better, things will settle down for you.

I did buy two dresses today and one might be acceptable for the wedding. I'm not sure about the size, but at least I got something. I can return it if I don't take the tags off. Anyway...I've been looking at dresses on-line, too, but I've not seen much except at Nordstrom and I might as well just go over to the mall and try those on. I'd really like to wait until I am about two weeks away from the wedding, though. I want to lose the most weight I can before I settle on a dress.

I'm watching a movie now, but want to run up and put on my pj's. I know the beginning pretty well, so I won't miss anything if I go now. So, I'll be back tomorrow.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2000 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:57:19 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!!

Rhonda, I hope you got a good nights rest! I am so glad to hear that little Payton is improving and in a great place that will take good care of her. Hope this week shows continued improvement and they can get her home and enjoy her. ( or should I say, begin the no sleep phase of their lives...haha)

Lizzy, good job finding some dresses. Like you said, you have something that will work. If you find something you like better or...lose more weight, you can always change it out. That date is coming up fast!! :) Have you come up with the gift bag ideas yet?

Pat, I don't remember if you were coming right home or not. Hope all went well with the walk.

Laurie, how does D feel about Tue.? Will he be doing what he was before or something different?
What is next on your house to-do list??

Carrie, are you home?? Looks like you had a great time!

We had a great time yesterday at the Lego build. That's what I was the Miss and Teen's travel companion for. They were in charge of the registration table. It was held in the building with the Carousal that you guys rode. There was a huge display of legos where they took pics of buildings in BH and built them. And then there were building competitions. After they were done the girls rode the carousal and climbed the rock wall and checked out more of the children's museum. Serina took my SD card home to copy the pics so I don't have any right now.
Last night we went out to dinner with Cathy and her hubby.

Have any of you used paypal to sell something? I saw that Hello Kitty carts were selling for over $100 so I offered mine for sale on here. Someone wants it but I feel uneasy about it. Is there any way for people to rip you off through it? Awhile back, when I put something up on craig's list someone wanted to buy it with paypal and I know they were not on the up and up so I didn't respond but I wonder how they were going to profit. Any advice? I think Sara would know about this...

Gotta get ready for church and then I think I am going to see the babies this afternoon.
Flee57 Offline
#2001 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:47:23 PM(UTC)
Flee57

good afternoon everyone!

Lizzy, glad you found a dress! Can we see it somewhere online? How is your weightloss plan going? Mine is just sitting there. For the past month I have been on an eating frenzy. I have it under control now and I'm doing the Zumba workout so hopefully I can get back on track.

Paula, D feels good about it. it's the right thing to do right now so that we have money coming in and we can use the money we have saved to work on the house without using it for bills. My next project is to get the spare bdrm cleared out for the most part so the things from the bathroom have a place to go. Then I can paint it. Then we'll do the floor in there. After that it will be a new back door and storm door along with adding some tile squares by the back door. then the mirror and lighting for the small bath (keeping the master as is. It has a nice wood vanity so for now we aren't doing anything with it). Then the ceiling fans. Then the big project...the wood laminate flooring for the kitchen, living room and hall. Finish painting the rooms during all this and then Rug Dr or Stanley Steam the 3 bedrooms and my sb room. I'm tired now. Naptime!

Rhonda, continued prayers for Payton that she continues to improve and can go home soon. And for you...for life to settle down so you can continue your weight loss journey

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2002 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:26:59 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

I am home! Darn! It's cold here. I had a blast. Anyway more later, I am off to Zumba. Need to work off all the junk I ate.

Congratulations Rhonda. What a beautiful baby. She looks good. Hope she continues to improve.

Lizzy you need to check this place out for a wedding. www.secretsresorts.com Wow! and I mean Wow! I kind of want to get married again just so I can have it here. LOL

Ok gotta go! I'll read up later.

lizzyea Offline
#2003 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 4:39:13 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! I've been a total lazy slug this weekend and loved every single minute of it! I did, however, make the room reservations for the hotel for the wedding and I resent the last email to Emeril's for the reception. And, I did hairapy and that's about it. I have my dirty laundry downstairs to do, but haven't gotten it further than the bottom of the stairs! LOL

Carrie, sorry you had to come home to snow and freezing temperatures! I will check out the website you told us about!

Laurie, you've done a lot of painting. Are you also repainting the bedrooms? What about the living room and kitchen? Your craft room? When do you hear about unemployment?

I definitely plan to lose more weight. I just felt like I needed to have a dress or I would be fretting and worrying about it way too much. So, now I have something. I can return it so long as I don't take the tags off and I return it within 60 days. I actually bought two dresses, one for the wedding and one just for fun. Now that I've lost weight, I have another dress I can also wear just for fun, too.

But, I also plan to go to Nordstrom and look at their dresses.

Paula, did the kids get a chance to build anything with the Legos? I have a student in my class who is a Lego champion of some sort. He loves them so much!

Nancy, I've seen some of the outfits on Pinterest you've put together and I really like them!

Pat, I like your photos on FB of the walk! Great going!

I was recently talking with a friend who is a runner and she's doing a 5K at the end of March. She asked me to join her. I said I could possibly walk it. She said she would walk it with me. I told her she could run and I could walk and we'd go together and end up together! LOL But, then yesterday, my foot began to hurt like an elephant had stepped on it, so I don't know what that was about. I'm babying it today...because I would really like to begin walking!

Rhonda, are you just waiting for Miss Payton to come home later this week? So you can hold her and cuddle her? I hope so!! Do continue to keep us posted!

OK...I'm going to go back to being lazy!

Flee57 Offline
#2004 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:05:52 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Lizzy, I bet it feels good to have the wedding stuff taken care of. And I understand about having the dress so you can stop stressing. I would do the same thing. Hope your foot gets better so you can walk with your friend.

Carrie, welcome back to winter. Sorry

Nancy, I will have to go find these outfits.

No painting today. I've been copying CD's to my Ipod.

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2005 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 12:11:48 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies

I am wasting my day. :(

I need to run to u.p.s. or the post office to send out the cart I sold. Hope it works out.

I may run to the grocery store while I am out.

Lizzy, you say you're a slug and then you list things you have done!! You may feel like a slug but at least you are still moving forward. :)
Yes, the kids were able to build. They had competitions for kids that signed up ahead of time but they also had low tables full of legos for kids to just play with. Needless to say, those tables were popular.
How is your foot doing?

Pat, are you home??
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2006 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 12:53:14 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hi Girls!

I am not going to be able to catch up for a couple days. My house was such a disaster when I got home that I don't know when or if I will ever get above water. Guess I like scuba diving too much. Te he!

Paula I saw a post from Pat on Facebook. Sounds like she had a really good time.

Laurie thought of you this morning as I did Zumba.

Lizzy the new season is arriving in stores. You should be able to find a dress soon.

Well I need to get back to work. The mess is driving me crazy.
lizzyea Offline
#2007 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 9:41:42 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends - today was a fairly productive day at work. Tomorrow, the kiddos will take their State writing test. I am not expecting it to be much more than a blood bath, but it will be what it will be. Some of them will probably do pretty well, but others will flounder. Oh well.....

Because of numerous problems with the State tests being photographed last year and the photos being put on the internet (YES!), our district has totally cracked down on the rules. We have to post a sign about NO ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS ALLOWED IN TESTING AREA - they are talking about cameras or even phones. Duh! I don't have problems with cell phones in my classroom. Other teachers do, but I don't. I just don't have the kind of problems other teachers have. I don't know why except from the beginning of the year, I clearly state the rules and the consequences and the problems never begin. If there is ever a problem, I enforce my rule and that is the end of it. With cell phones, I explain that they are allowed to have a phone, they are to keep it off and in their backpacks, and if they take it out, then I take it and it goes to the office and their parent must come and get it. I honestly don't even know which, if any, of my students even have cell phones!

The other new rule is that I have to constantly walk around the room. This is so incredibly tiring. I hate having to do that. I don't mind doing it for part of the time, but I will not do it non-stop. I will stop momentarily and do something, but I will not do it non-stop. I will probably plan to take stuff off the wall and put things up because that is an easy thing to stop and start doing. I still desperately need to put some maps the kids made up high on the walls...that will take me forever...but if I could get that done I would think I had DIED and gone to HEAVEN! Maybe I could work on that!!

Well, we continue to move ahead with these wedding plans:

--wedding chapel BigGrin
--reception contract on its way BigGrin
--going dress-shopping with Kat on Wednesday BigGrin
--hotel room reservations made BigGrin
--many ideas for gift bags for guests pinned on Pinterest BigGrin
--I have one dress purchased and am still losing weight BigGrin

Well, friends, I need to work on some changes in the lesson plans for tomorrow. I looked over some stuff and realized I needed to change my focus on a couple of things....so I'm off to make some changes. I'll check in tomorrow.

Everyone take care.....

rm920 Offline
#2008 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:59:16 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

Lizzy, you have been super productive! Love seeing all those smiling faces. Hope the writing tests go as well as possible. Have fun shopping for new clothes - you deserve it. WTG on the continues weight loss.

Carrie, welcome home. Sorry about the house being in a mess upon your return. The pics you posted were fantastic. Hope you got lots of rest and relaxation.

Paula, did you have fun wasting your day away.BigGrin

Pat, saw your pics of everyone at the event. Loved the shirts. Did you get a pic of Jim's face paint?

I talked to Cody last night and Payton is making great strides now. She is learning to eat really well and Cody says she is being a pig! She still need oxygen while eating as she has to learn to eat and breathe at the same time. They are thinking she may go home as early as tomorrow. One Dr. mentioned today but they are not as positive about that. At any rate, it looks like she has almost made it over this hurdle. They love holding and snuggling with her. I can't wait to get to hold her!
lizzyea Offline
#2009 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:28:17 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Rhonda....what a huge relief that Payton is doing so well. I'm sure your heart was squeezed tightly there for quite a few days. I wonder if she will go home on a heart monitor for awhile? Of course you can hardly wait to hold and snuggle her! We want to see lots of photos of your with the new family addition! How much does she weigh now? Do you know?

No new news since last night. I did rework my lesson plans and then did a bit more this morning. It is so nice to be able to focus on some things the students really must learn before this month is over. Whew!

The weather is turning a bit cooler this week...maybe even some rain!

I am going up to LA tomorrow to go with Kat to get her bridesmaid dress. I've not seen her since Superbowl Sunday and I really miss her. She is working lots and sounds stressed so I think some time together will be good. She has a meeting until 6:00 so I'll leave work at 1:45, drive up there, and still have lots of time. I don't need to be back down here until around 10:00 that night to get Terry at the airport. So, I should be fine. Fortunately, our housekeeper will be here that day, so Ruby will have company during the day, too. Win-win. I may have the housekeeper put some food down for Ruby right before she leaves, too.

Well, that's my big overnight news. I'd better get ready for work now.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2010 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:51:28 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello, hello, hello...

I have had trouble signing in again. Anyone else having that issue? I type my info in, hit sign in and it pops back to the sign in screen and I do it all over again, and again, and again, then I give up.

No crafting today. The storm they predicted actually hit us. No school so Deb is staying home with her kids. Greg got stuck in the driveway and I went and helped shovel his stuck spot and then end of the drive. With a bit of pushing, he was on his way. Leaving draging marks from his car like a turtle!! :)I think we got about a foot. He probably wouldn't have gotten stuck but there are extra cars in the drive from Tay's friends (spring break so a couple of his friends have "moved in" since Sat.) so he had to back out. He tried to turn the car at the Y and that is where he ran in to trouble.
And thus goes our day...
I hope my sister comes to plow today, if not we have some work to do. (There are three sleeping guys that will wake eventually but only one shovel)

Pat, it looks like the walk/family weekend was really nice. I guess a bit cold is better than a bit hot?? I like how you put the t-shirts over your coats!! =D

Carrie, glad you had such a good trip. What happened to the house while you were gone?? Sounds like you have to get out the whip! ;)
How are you feeling? Things healing up alright?

Lizzy, you kicked but on your to-do list!! Hope you have a wonderful day today with Kat. I am sure it will be good for both of you to spend the day together!
I wish I could come hang the maps with you.

Rhonda, glad to hear that Payton is continuing to improve. Sounds like she is a strong little girl. :)

I saw your pic on FB. You didn't get much snow over there!! haha
We are heading to Kentucky for the dental clinic again in April and will be going right by you. How far are you from the highway? I remember seeing a R.S. exit.

Nancy, what is keeping you busy these days? Seems like you were working on taxes.
I also like the outfits you are pinning.

I don't know what I am going to do today...hmm...
They are having a dinner at church tonight and DH was supposed to ask me to help but forgot. Now I am thinking it would be easy to just stay home since they are not expecting me. hmm...