Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
jljlwrighta470581f Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:01:17 PM(UTC)
jljlwrighta470581f

Groups: Registered

If you are going to FORCE us to use DS, at the very least you could do is provide a functional program that can handle the very basics!! Half the time that I try to use the program it doesn't even work!! *Crying Crying *regretting buying the explore**
kevin24018410bb15c Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 8:12:49 AM(UTC)
kevin24018410bb15c

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jljlwrighta470581f Go to Quoted Post
If you are going to FORCE us to use DS, at the very least you could do is provide a functional program that can handle the very basics!! Half the time that I try to use the program it doesn't even work!! *Crying Crying *regretting buying the explore**

Sadly I'm right there with ya.
The company thinks this new way of implementing the software will prevent stealing of their fonts and designs they sell, it won't not for long anyway. this is why you can only store them on their cloud servers, they think they can control it this way. So let's say their server goes down for whatever reason, you can't use your explore until they fix the issue on their end. Or let's say your i.p. has issues and you don't have a connection, again can't use it. I wonder if someone will challenge the legality of making a product which you can't freely use as you wish. Even cell phone apps and programs will work with wifi if you don't actually have cell service account, the phone will still function like a tablet you just can't make calls. While I understand their frustration at trying to protect their intellectual property going about it this way is sketchy at best. Someone will find away around it, they always do. In the mean time lots of complaints and negativity for the company, wondering if it will be worth it in the long run.
As a side note the program is very lacking, no drag and drop feature which boggles my mind.

Would I recommend this machine, the way the current software is and works? probably not.

Edited by user Monday, January 19, 2015 12:24:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified