Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tmichelec5c305f4 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 6:46:31 AM(UTC)
tmichelec5c305f4

Groups: Registered

Hello All,
I am not sure how to word this but I'm going to try my best and hope someone will be able to understand and answer.

I'm new to Cricut so please forgive me if I sound ignorant. It would have been helpful if there was an instruction manual or tips and tricks that came with the Cricut, not just the set up guide.

I have noticed a lot of projects that have images that are composed of different colors. For example, a tag with a Santa on it. The face is pink, beard is white, eyes black, hat is red. So the image on the cartridge is the entire Santa. Would I have to cut this image out 4 different times using my 4 colors that I need and then glue them together? Another example is the critters.....if I want to cut out the owl that is wearing a hat, do I cut out 2 or 3 different owls in 2 or 3 different colors and then piece those together to get my final owl?

I hope I made some sense there and someone can help me with this. Thank you in advance.
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:06:27 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
When you see things with different colors, they are layers. Most cartridges have creative features that have layers. Go to YouTube & search for cricut tutorials. There are lots of very helpful tutorials about everything Cricut on there.