Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

julie.reid6508d1f299f Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
julie.reid6508d1f299f

Groups: Registered

Hi folks
I am new to the cricut machine and my hubby bought me a create....i am desperate to make a family tree and have managed to get one cut out, BUT, how do i get it to cut out with the names attached to the branches? i create a tree then i add text boxes to each branch and write in the family names BUT it then cuts it all seperate and its driving me insane , this is my first project and i have posted previous to this but with no replies, can anyone give me some advice?

Julie
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:17:13 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 885 time(s) in 422 post(s)
Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what you are trying to do. If you attach the text box to the branches and select don't weld, it will cut the letters out of the branches and you will be left with "holes" in letter shapes cut out in the branches. Unless you are cutting a second solid tree without names welded to glue behind the cutout tree, you will more than likely be missing some parts of the letters that will cause some letters to look incomplete like the inside of the e, a, p, b, o. You would have to take those little pieces and place where they belong after attaching a solid cut behind your cutout cut, and maybe in a different color of paper, otherwise your cutout letters will just blend and not pop if both layers are the same color paper. The same thing applies if you are welding your names together in the text box and then placing on the tree branches. Unless your project is rather large, this may be a struggle getting small letters to cut clean without tearing your paper.

Or if you are trying to cut your tree and then place the names ontop you will need to design your tree, design your names in the text box (welded or not) but then place the names elsewhere on your mat to cut as a different image seperate from the tree. Place your papers accordling on the your mat, assuming you may be using two different colors of paper, one for tree and one for names and you can cut the whole project at once and then glue the names in place on the branches

You might have better luck if you used the markers or gel pens in your machine to actually write the names rather than cutout after you place them where you want on the branches. The way I would do this is design the complete project and when you are ready to cut, replace the blade with your marker or pen, delete the tree so that all you have left on your virtual mat are the names properly placed. Send the project to cut and it will write the names. Without unloading the mat, click done to go back to the mat, click undo and that will place the tree back in its place and then delete all the names (be sure you don't inadvertantly click on the tree and move it or it won't be where it needs to be on the mat to line up with the previously written names), switch your marker/pen back to the blade and send the project back to cut. Now you should have a project that is a tree cutout and names written on the branches.

I hope this is a little clearer than mud and helps you out. If not let me know

Edited by user Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:20:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified