Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AKSA76fed74eed Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 9:13:21 PM(UTC)
AKSA76fed74eed

Groups: Registered

Hi
I'm having an issue with getting clean lines from my cricut cutting blade.
I used standard cardstock that you can find in Walmart but while I was cutting it the edges were getting ripped which created a very jagged look. I tried both heavy cardstock and medium card stock options but either the paper would tear or the blade just wouldn't cut through. I even fiddled around with the depth and pressure settings and still it was the same.
This was my first time using the cricut for a project and I have to say I was very disappointed with the results.
Is there a specific type of cardstock that I should use?
How do I get patterned card stock to cut? Like the kind with prints on them that end up being heavier than normal card stock.
I was successful in getting regular paper to cut (like wrapping paper) but any intricate designs just ended up getting ripped.
Please help!
Crying
Dragonfly50 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 12:21:49 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I had this issue when I first started.
I returned my first machine and didn't get another one until my sister gave me her baby one. Now I have it and 2 Expressions... I love and use my Cricuts all the time.

Have you tried putting a new blade in your machine?
Some of the blades do not work well. You will notice a difference with a properly working blade.

Unfortunately all of the machines tend to have their own minds when it comes to cutting...

For me if the paper seems to be really fiberous it tears real easily.

Is the WalMart paper you are using by Colorbok?
I have some pearlescent paper of theirs and have my machine set to pressure high blade 5.

Some of the cuts tear easily if they are cut at small sizes. The more intricut cuts seem to tear more at small sizes.

What cuts are you trying to do? What cartridge? What sizes?
If I have the cartridge you are using I'll try some cuts and see what settings to suggest for you.

Don't give up. Once you get to know the settings that work best for your machine you will have better luck with it.

D- (You can send me a PM if you'd like. There is a PM button at the bottom of my post. Just click on it.)

Edited by user Saturday, March 02, 2013 12:22:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AKSA76fed74eed Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:22:27 AM(UTC)
AKSA76fed74eed

Hi!
Thanks for your message!
I was trying to cut a mask (don't remember the name for it :-s) from the Celebrations Cartridge.
I used all different sizes but either it would cut and ripp or not cut at all.
I'll try to get another blade and see if that works better. I absolutely love this machine so am hoping it works out for me!
Dragonfly50 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:17:52 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Are you using CCR?
If you are, you still need to change the setting on your machine to what you want it to be.
The settings they suggest may or may not be the best ones for your particular machine.

What machine are you using? (I have an Original baby and an Expression)

What size are you cutting it at?
What page is it on in your handbook. I can't find a mask.

D-