Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<3031323334>»
Shelly Offline
#931 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 3:05:17 PM(UTC)
Shelly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Joy - The nativity card is from Inspired Heart cartridge. I love that branch punch and bought it because I saw cards like these I wanted to do. I FINALLY did them! All of the cards are done with cricut. Not much on the "Merry Christmas" one. That's the only thing.

Hope you get your dresses done!

Sandra - Hopefully the brace will work out like it should for your son.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#932 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 3:52:44 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1297 time(s) in 1008 post(s)
Joy I don't know how you do it, between DH recuperating a new pup and pressure of making brides maid dresses.. Wheeee that is a lot on your plate

My Abigail had me on the go all day but she did take a nice long nap 2 1/2 hours but that gave me a chance to finish my laundry.

I will try and post some Chrismtas Cards I worked on

Hannah is a ice Skater so this one card is for her, the bear is for Alex it says Jingle Bells on top of the card, the Train card is for our Garden Rail Road Club members and the Pointsetter was an extra

Edited by user Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:52:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Christmas Cards 2013.JPG
P1000897.JPG
P1000896.JPG
SandraB. Offline
#933 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 9:26:04 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Pretty slow day today here. Spoke with mom last nite and she said my sister had taken her to the dr., on Tues., talked to sis today and got the details. Mom's knee was really bothering her again so the dr. gave her another cortizone shot. Sis and the dr., suggested mom use a cane but mom will not hear of it. My sis is afraid she will mess up her hip walking the way she is (or fall). Of course, mom failed to mention that to meAngry! She is supposed to come out with us for dinner tomorrow evening, so we'll see what happens. May pick her up some groceries on the way also.

All your cards look lovely...great job girls.

Joy: glad the dresses arrived safely and they fit (well almost)

Better run, busy w/end ahead. Errands tomorrow, dinner out in the evening. Sun. Troy has a bowling practice, a visit with my cousin and then dinner at dh's brothers.BigGrin. Not much cooking for meLOL LOL!

Take care everyone
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 3/2/2013(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#934 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 5:23:03 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Hello friends, sorry been MIA. Just been busy with work, gym, stuff with the girls etc.

Just found out yesterday I did not get the job I interviewed for. So really upset over that too. I will keep trying for other jobs though. Hope something comes up soon!

Going to the Michaels crop today from 3pm-9pm. yes they are nice crops, normally get a freebie or two, plus get to use some of their equipment for only $5. But not normally a lot of people go. Only 1 other person signed up for this one today... if she shows!

So depressed over not getting the job. I know I have to tell myself there is something better out there, but tough to do my job right now.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#935 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 5:41:27 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Shelly I PM'M you

I will send you a small gift for making the challange RAK

Please PM me with your address

Busy day here today lots of errands Chiropractor first thing in the morning

Oh by the way I started getting headaches again and my knees were killing me... I stopped my blood pressure medication (this was the second generic brand) This is the only meds I am on

Now all week I have been testing my Blood Pressure and it is normal So all long it was the blood pressure medication that caused all these side affects. I never felt so good

My mom also couldn't take generic brands of meds only the name brand and had many problems taking generic we use to fight with the Insurance company until she started paying big $$$ for her name brand meds.

Insurance companies now only pay for generic brands.

Have a great day/night
NJsharon Offline
#936 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:14:44 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
[size=4][color=red]

Oh by the way I started getting headaches again and my knees were killing me... I stopped my blood pressure medication (this was the second generic brand) This is the only meds I am on

Now all week I have been testing my Blood Pressure and it is normal So all long it was the blood pressure medication that caused all these side affects. I never felt so good

Oh wow, well glad you figured it out!

I am fine with generic drugs, always take the generic version if it is available. Guess I am lucky then.

joyfullycrafting Online
#937 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 3:33:49 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1507 time(s) in 1200 post(s)
Nancy, that is interestinig on the generic vs. name brand meds. But glad you are feeling better.

Sharon, sorry about not getting the job. But like you said, there will be something better out there for you!

Sandra, parents are a challenge, aren't they. Mine sure are. Especially my dad.

Well, the pregnant gal's dress DID NOT FIT at all. Oh yay. The front looked nice (she is busty, pregnant or not) but the back was like six inches too small. I am thinking I will just inset a "V" shaped piece in the middle of the back. Luckily, the dresses are black and black hides lots of sutff.

Megan and the pregnant gal held a shower for Kate this morning. It was very nice. Jill skyped in for the whole thing, so she was able to feel a part of things. She got some very cute nighties! Jill and Merle and I gave her a Kitchen Aid for a wedding gift, but have it to her today so she can pack it up. Did I ever mention that Merle and Kate are moving Kate next week? I hope Merle can make the eight hour drive.

It has been a beautiful afternoon, but supposed to cool way back down tomorrow and next week.
joyfullycrafting Online
#938 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 3:36:00 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I turned on the TV and found the original Yours, Mine, and Ours, with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. It is such a CUTE movie! We used to go to a resort town about two hours away on a long weekend during the winter when the girls were little (a good friend would let us stay in their house!) and this is the movie that the girls always wanted to rent and watch.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#939 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:55:38 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy that is great you are able to make the corrections on the dress.. Glad you enjoyed the movie

I wish DH luck on the 8 hour drive to move your DD.. especially after the surgery

Well we just got back from seeing "Identey Theft" thanks Sandra it was a good movie

I couldn't believe the prices of a movie 3D movies are $19.75 OMG!! i remember as a kid how cheap they were...

Well have a good night/day
joyfullycrafting Online
#940 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 5:01:09 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I actually got two cards made today (both the same). But I went back to my roots and stamped them! LOL Jill's birthday is next week, and also a very good friend of ours shares Jill's birthday.
NJsharon Offline
#941 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:01:07 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Went to the crop at Michaels today from 3-9pm & had so much fun! Thankfully there were 3 other really nice ladies there & we all got along great! One lived in the same town as me, very close to me in fact. Other 2 lived just down the road from a scrapbook retreat I am going to next weekend! Oh & 2 of the ladies had 8 year olds in 2nd grade (my girls are turning 8yrs old soon & are in 2nd grade). So we all got along so well.

So told them about the retreat next weekend & they may all stop by to see me at the retreat! I said they should stop in to have a cup of coffee, a snack & can tour the facility. That way if they want to come crop in the future with us they know what it is all about!

I got one card done, that i am going to do as a make & take at the retreat next weekend. Cut up pieces for 24 cards that they can make pretty easily, just minimal stamping.

Then made 3 cards for me, for mailing checks to people. Then started on a 2 page Disney layout, but had to pack up to leave. :(

Oh & we all went to Panera for dinner together too as the Michaels is only 3 stores down from there.

Really nice time, so hope they all keep in touch, come see me next weekend, or we will see each other at the April crop at Michaels!
Larmabee Offline
#942 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:48:10 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Good morning everyone! Been busy stamping and embossing the wedding invites. I spent most of yesterday avoiding them, I was so afraid to make a mistake. I got 50 done and only one unsalvageable error.
Talk to you all soon
Laura
Shelly Offline
#943 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:32:17 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
[size=4

My mom also couldn't take generic brands of meds only the name brand and had many problems taking generic we use to fight with the Insurance company until she started paying big $$$ for her name brand meds.

Insurance companies now only pay for generic brands.

Have a great day/night

Nancy - I can take generic drugs luckily, but I know some can't. One of my daughters had a medication for ADD and the generic was like she was taking a placebo. She had to take the real stuff, unfortunately. Was very expensive. Hope you get this all sorted out!

Also I PM'd you.

Sharon - sorry you didn't get the job. I'm sure something better will come along, but hopefully soon!

Joy - It is hard making dresses for other people. I did them for one of my daughter's weddings and I only did two. I wanted to pull my hair out. But mostly because of the material she HAD to have. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix for you.

Hope DH is doing well enough to make the drive and unload the stuff. That is worrisome with his recent surgery.

Sandra - I agree with Nancy that parents can be a challenge. My dad is too independant for his own good sometimes! He won't go to his Dr. appts because he thinks they charge too much. He hardly has to pay any of it with his insurance and such, but he says its the principle. Luckily his health, so far, is pretty good.

Bought a quilt kit to make yesterday. It is so darn cute. Called "Mom & Me". I want to make it for my new grandson. It's applique, a lot of work to it. I have only made rag quilts before because I don't know how to quilt and it is so expensive to have them quilted. So we will see if I really make this or not and then I will have to figure out how to finish it. I figured it would be about $80 to have it quiltedScared I have a quilt top all finished that is machine embroidered and pieced that is just sitting for about 5 years because I'm too cheap to have it quilted. Probably shouldn't have gotten this one, but a friend is doing it and told me she would help me if I get it done, lol. I have a while because it isn't crib size, much larger, so maybe I will get to it.
SandraB. Offline
#944 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:06:04 AM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Busy w/end so far. Spent quite a bit of the afternoon with mom yesterday...she was feeling more sorry for herself then anything (I think). She didn't come for supper with us. While we were eating it started with a rain/snow mixture which turned into snow on the way home. We just got in the door and the power went out for almost an hour. We picked up a wireless router yesterday, so just finished hooking it up. Took a bit, but got itBigGrin! Now I won't be using up my data for my Iphone! Troy's bowling was cancelled this a.m. due to the snow but we are still going into my cousin's and Don's brother's later.

Sharon: sorry about the job, but I'm sure there is something better on the horizon. Glad you enjoyed your crop and made some new crafting friends.

Joy: glad the shower went well. Hope the move goes well also, good thing you are able to fix the dress.

Nancy: glad you figured out it was the meds that were causing you the issues. We all can take the generic meds with no issues. Glad you enjoyed the movies. I agree they are getting expensive...when we go it's usually on cheap Tues. (or with a gift card)LOL
!

Shelly: good luck with the quilt. I took a few quilting classes with a friend of mine; did a couple of table runners and Christmas stockings for the sil's.

Laura: glad the wedding invites are going well

Better run and get some housework done before we have to go.

Take care everyone and talk to you soonBigGrin

lv2scrap02 Offline
#945 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:29:53 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I was talking to my cousin on my mom's side of the family and she said the same thing with her. My mom was the same way and neihter one of us can take any kind of over the counter bone vitamins. Vit C, or calisium (sp) attacks the muscles in our legs. I thought it was just me and my mom now talking to my cousin. Now I don't feel too weird.

I had a surprise visit from Patty and Ms. Abigail we did a little shopping at Babies R Us I think she is set with clothes to 12 months. I bought the cutiest little dresses on rompers for summer.

Nice day today sunny and a little cold but nice.

I was going to send Shelly alittle something her posting her cards but she declined and will wait for everyone else to enter the Christmas Card challange...

I will have a Cricut Cartridge to give away as a RAK...BigGrin

Monday is the big day have a great night/day
Larmabee Offline
#946 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 5:22:53 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Nancy - you are so kind!
These invitations are killing me! Never again will I do cards with so many layers and stamping and embossing and hand painting - seemed like a great idea at the time! Wink
joyfullycrafting Online
#947 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 9:42:08 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Laura, I think we crafters (no matter what kind of crafters) tend to do things the complicated way! Good luck on finishing your invitations.

Nancy, you have way too much fun with Miss Abigail! LOL Love LOL

Woke up at 4 a.m. Yuck. Boo. Hiss. DH woke up not too much later. Got up about 5 a.m. DH and Kate left at 6 a.m. with a big load on the pickup and a big load on the trailer. I think they are not driving very fast. And there is miles and miles of nothing that they will travel through. Just desert.

I am trying to get myself moving to alter the dress that does not fit. I am going to just add a big piece to the center back, I think. I don't know. I keep changing my mind.

What I REALLY want to do is skip sewing and go and make some Christmas cards!!!
AustinLLS Offline
#948 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 5:43:45 PM(UTC)
AustinLLS

Hi! Newbie here!
I'm Leslie, living in Austin, Texas

I got my Cricut Mini a couple of weeks ago, and am now going a little supply crazy with it :D
(I think I like collecting supplies as much as actual crafting!)

Anyway... looking for some sort of way to make Doctor Who images with Craftroom now... I think there should be a "Cartridge Suggestions" forum! I so wish I had that... I'm making some things for my son, who is a Doctor Who fan (not that I am not... I wish I could find me a mad man with a box myself!)

Anyway... good to meet you guys!
SandraB. Offline
#949 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 7:48:44 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Fairly quiet day here. We did get quite a snowfall on Sat. nite...had to drag out the shovels again yesterdayAngry! Troy's bowling got cancelled but we still did all our visiting. Had a nice dinner with Don's family.

Leslie: hi and welcome to our little "family". Sorry I can't help you with the Dr. Who images...hopefully someone else will be able to.

Laura: hope the rest of the invites go well.

Joy: hope the move goes well, how long will it take them to get to their destination. Good luck with the dress alterations, or did you skip sewing and do cards insteadBigGrin LOL

Nancy: sounds like you had a good shopping trip with the "little miss".

Take care everyone, have a good evening/dayBigGrin

joyfullycrafting Online
#950 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:02:10 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good morning.

Nancy, I know that you won't be on for a day or two, but I hope your surgery went well!

I didn't sew, but I did get Megan's dress almost cut out. I pretty much just wasted the day. I started a christmas card, but I wasn't very happy with how it was turning out. So, I will probably change my plans.

It took DH and Kate around nine hours to get to where they were going. In a car with no load, it would be faster, but they went slowly and carefully. They had a fairly big load in the pickup and trailer both! I don't think all of Jordan and Kate's stuff is going to fit in their little apartment.

Sandra, I am so glad that we don't get snow this late. We just usually have long not very great springs. We have random nice days, but consistently nice days really don't get here till late May or June. But we pretty much always have lovely autumn's.

I am taking myself to Wally's this morning, then I think I will take myself out for lunch. Well, I will call ahead, pick it up, and bring it home to eat. And I will have enough for supper. I love Chinese food, but DH does not, so I have it when he is not around.
Shelly Offline
#951 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:29:03 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Sandra - Sorry to hear about your snow. We may be getting some On Thursday and Friday. Will be awful since it has been in the high 40's for us for about a week. Feels like spring! Might even hit 50 today! Thankfully though, they say the snow won't last. Still hasn't melted in our yard though. It's getting better, especially the front since it is south facing.

Joy - Mmm chinese food sounds good! Enjoy! I know what you mean about making a card and it not turning out like you want. Seems to happen to me alot. I get this vision in my head, but rarely do they turn out that way. Hope you get your dresses done.

Leslie - Welcome!! I don't know anything about Dr. Who either, so no help here. Sorry. But I do know about the collecting supplies. Told myself I was not going to buy anything for a while this year. Ha ha, that lasted about two weeks. I spend WAY to much on stuff.

Nancy - Hope your eye surgery goes well!
joyfullycrafting Online
#952 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:16:32 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Here I am again, wasting time. I am SO not motivated to get that dress fixed.

It is really windy out, and I think the wind has aggravated my allergies. I am battling quite a bad headache.

I think that is why I have no motivation.

So, back to: here I am wasting time! Sitting in my chair with a vibrator going up and down my back. And a hot rice bag on my neck.
JeanneLee Offline
#953 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:31:24 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hello girls! Hunkering down for a possible snow storm here tonight...rain/sleet/snow??? Who knows, but we Marylanders are preparing for anything! Including getting the bread, milk and toilet paper! LOL

Hope to catch up here tom'w...since more then likely it will be a possible snow day! Cool

Nancy, thinking of you...
NJsharon Offline
#954 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:41:51 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yes, preparing for some kind of storm tomorrow night. Rain & snow starting tomorrow, then changing over to just snow tomorrow night. Some forecasts are saying 2-4", others 3-6", even one saying 5-10". So who knows how much we will get... but we will get some.

I am hoping we get a snow day on thursday, that would be fun!
joyfullycrafting Online
#955 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:12:33 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I can almost count on one hand the amount of snow days we have had here in the past 50 years. Yes,that many. Flapper I remember once on a horrible awful foggy snowy day, the bus driver, who happened to be the transportation supervisor at the time (the one in charge of deciding if the busses should run or not) had to stop and get out of the bus to make sure he was still on the road because it was so foggy and the roads were so snow covered, he couldn't see where he was.

And yes, I am still wasting time. I made a card with my Imagine, wrote on it, and have it ready to mail. And then started shopping for Imagine carts on ebay. I bought Buccaneer, and have several in my watch list!

I am one of the lucky ones, I think. My Imagine works wonderfully. And I don't have to think about matching colors when I use it, they are all matched for me!!!

Headache is a little better. I broke into DH's pain meds from his last surgery.

Did I mention that my dad's pickup had a problem, so DH spent the day working on it. Just what he needed to be doing. The pastor of the church there (of the denomination we attend) got a crew and helped Merle and Kate unload, brought pizza for them, and then let Merle work on the pickup in his garage. HOW WONDERRFUL! He used to be a youth pastor in the town where Megan and Kate went to college, so we kind of knew him, but not really. But had connections with him, anyway.
SandraB. Offline
#956 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:50:41 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Just home from bowling. The athletes all had a great time, as usual. Well, my sister ended up taking mom to the hospital this a.m. After spending most of the day there, they let her go and told her that she was fine...it's just the arthirits in her knee. She should be using a walker though (which was met with a great debate). We tried to tell her it would only be until her knee was better, but of course she insists she doesn't need it. My sister has the form though and is getting her dh to pick it up, so she will have no choice but to use it! We're sort of thinking she may have to look at moving to an assisted living place of some sort, possibly closer to us.

Joy: I hope your dinner was good. Glad the move went ok. We never get snow days here, the busses may not run but the schools are still open.

Nancy: hope your surgery went well

Sharon, Shelley & JeanneLee: hope you don't get too much snow!

Take care everyone, stay warm.

joyfullycrafting Online
#957 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:06:19 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

Nancy, Sharon, and JeanneLee, I hope you are not snowed in! The weather on the East coast looks AWFUL.

I had both dogs last night. Nick slept with me on the bed and Camry was on the floor. Nick left about 6 a.m. and headed for the living room. About 6:30, both alarm dogs went off!!! Megan had walked in and startled them. She had no water pressure and came here to bathe. Except we had no water pressure either. Realized the city had flushed the fire hydrants.

I WILL get the dress altered today. I have to! The gal will be out of town all of next week, so I have to get it done. I thought I would end up making Megan's also, but she is taking Friday off from school and will work on it. This week is state testing at school, and her kids will be done by then, so it is a good time to take a day off. Our teachers get two personal days a year, so she is using one of them.

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 3/7/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#958 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:24:52 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi everyone,

The surgery went well no pain at all except putting 3 different eye drops in 3 x a day.

I can't wear my glasses walking around because i feel unbalanced! the doctor said that would happen. Laying down watching TV is fine with the glasses. Steve had to pop the right lense out for me but still can't walk with them on.

Bright light is also alittle senstive especially on the computer. I tried using the dark sunglasses they give you and then it is too dark to type!!

Thanks everyone for thinking of me..
SandraB. Offline
#959 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:52:25 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

hi everyone;
Finally got to the dermatologist this morning. He's not sure either what all the sores I get are from. He did take a biopsy on a couple of them, hopefully something might come of them. He did prescribe me a different ointment to use on them also. Fingers-crossed something works.

Joy: hope you got the dress altered ok.

Nancy: glad your surgery went well, take it easy on the recovery

Hope the rest of the gals aren't snowed in today. Hope everyone els is having a good day/evening. Tomorrow we are off to the Briar with a group of kids from the school, I have to be at the school by 7:00 a.m. and we are gone pretty much all of the day. Found out last nite our new Michael's is opening on Sat. They are having a friends & family of employees nite tomorrow evening so my friend and I are going to go check it out. One of our scrapbook pals is working there now.

Take care everyone
Larmabee Offline
#960 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:27:29 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Good morning
Crazy week at our house! A couple nights this week I haven't even gotten on the computer!
Reading about everyone's weather woes. It looks like it will be a slow spring here - good!
Hope everyone stays safe and warm
Take care
Laura