Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CandiHuguet70eeac17 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:09:40 PM(UTC)
CandiHuguet70eeac17

Groups: Registered

I'm a true rookie. I looked through a lot of the questions and am having no luck finding an answer. I would like to know how to cut a letter or a simple basic image and then cut the shadow behind it. How do I size it? I know it's probably a really stupid question but I have NO clue how to do this. I'm trying to make a simple card and not having much luck! Help!
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:13:01 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2425 time(s) in 2173 post(s)
Some of the cartridges actually have the shadow layer. Make sure you have your machine set at Relative size and not Real dial size so the shadow cuts proportionately to the main image. If there is no shadow layer, just cut the shadow a bit bigger than the main image and you can either offset it a little or it might fit perfectly under the main image. Hope this answers your question.
CandiHuguet70eeac17 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:53:07 PM(UTC)
CandiHuguet70eeac17

SUPER helpful! Thank you! But what is relative size? How do I know where that is? I'm so lost and confused with this machine. Thanks so much for your help!
mlminor1f9eba02 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:40:31 PM(UTC)
mlminor1f9eba02

I'm with you..Everything about this machine is confusing to me!!Blink Blink Confused I don't understand what that means either.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:59:08 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 929 time(s) in 458 post(s)
I'll see if I can help explain relative and real. The relative is what you will likely use most often. It means that if you have an image that has layers, shadows, etc, the size (sizing is the height of the character) you choose will be the base layer and all the other pieces will be sized in proportion to the base image making all the pieces fit where they belong. In a font cartridge in relative mode it means the size you choose will be the size of the tallest letter and all other letters will be in proportion to the largest letter based on the size you choose (size is always the height not width)

Real mode means the size you choose will make all images the exact same height. So if you select a capital A and a lower case a and you have your size set to 3" and "real" mode both A and a will be exactly 3". Where relative would make them just as you see typed here Aa where the A will be 3" (assuming the A is the tallest letter in that font set)and the a will be in proportion. Another example - If you selected mickey as a base image and the gloves, pants and jacket layers and "real" is on the gloves pants and jacket and shadow will cut the same size as mickey and won't fit. With relative on, the gloves, jacket and pants and shadow will cut in proportion to fit where they belong on mickey and you don't have to size each piece, the machine does it for you.

Something to remember is if you cut an image with it's layers and the layers are not fitting correctly, including shadow cuts, check and make sure you did not have "real" selected.

And remember the size that you select is the height of the image and in "relative mode" is the size of the "base" image
Hope this helps.

Edited by user Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:08:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified