Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
sewnmachine Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:44:25 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
When it does finally roll out - I'm still gonna "wait and see"

Right now I have a Gypsy that works, and CCR works. Independently of each other, of course....but working none the less.

It will be interesting to see how the different scenarios unfold.
hippi Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:16:33 PM(UTC)
hippi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Had to LOL at the title, I even read it in Obi Wan Kanobi's voice LOL

Glad to hear things are moving along. I LOVE Wub CCR but would also love to have access to all my carts without having to swap between the gypsy and CCR. My carts have to be packed up most of the time as I lack the space to store them close to hand.

Also being a UK user I'm panicking over my gypsy dying on me because of the hassle, firstly to find anyone in the UK with a gypsy in stock and secondly because of the time and expense of sending the gypsy to the US to get the serials changed so I can reload my carts.

GypsyRoe Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:53:35 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
I can understand that Gypsy linking has been a much requested feature and the wait has been frustrating. This is a frustrating issue for us as well as we have been working hard to resolve the issue. We want to be able to say “it is working!” but we can’t do that quite yet.

We are however very, very close. We have a solution and have started the testing phase. This testing will take time because we want to be as thorough as possible. We don’t have an exact time frame of when we will be able to release this, but we want to make sure that everyone will be able to access content on Gypsy and in Cricut Craft Room.

We are almost there.

So how is the testing phase going? Have any news for us Smile
sewnmachine Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:44:21 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: Rachelsmum Go to Quoted Post
Great BigGrin I appreciate that these things have to be tested to avoid the fiasco that we had when CCR was first rolled out to the masses but WHEN OH WHEN are Cricut going to resolve the issue of linking your Gypsy to the Create. Since mine went wrong last year and struggling to revert my firmware back to 1.54 (now done) I'm afraid that I'll NEVER use the two together again as it stands. A number of posts relate to this problem on the Create board but no one ever answers!! Crying

xxsue

Rachel,

Here is the email I just received from PC a few days ago regarding that very question.

Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We would suggest running the Craft Room updates to take your machine to 1.65. This update is a fix for the previous issues with 1.61. This should allow you to use the machine with the Craft Room, Gypsy or stand alone.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call the number below where one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you or you are welcome to reply to this email.

I'm going to try it as soon as I get the time, and will post the results.
sewnmachine Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:33:30 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

YAY!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

I just got done updating my Create to build 1.65 and the machine works and cut perfectly with my cartridges, with CCR AND with my GYPSY!

I first allowed the latest update to Adobe Air.
I turned off my Avast antivirus and Windows Firewall (just a precaution)

I was tempted to toss a pinch of salt over my left shoulder, but didn't have any in my craft room.
I soldiered on and took the plunge. Once the launch sequence had begun there was no turning back.

It took all of about 8 minutes.

I now have a fully functioning Create machine. It's a little old work horse too.

So! If there is anybody out there that needs to bring their Create up to speed - GO FOR IT!

Sorry this is off topic, but I wanted Rachelsmum to see this here.
Rachelsmum Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:58:28 PM(UTC)
Rachelsmum

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
At last!! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Whoopie, thanks Sewnmachine, will have a go at this at the weekend, if yours worked I'm fingers and everything crossed mine will too.

Just what the Dr ordered!! ThumpUp

Wub Wub Wub

ps, where did you find the update in CCR?

Edited by user Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:16:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tina E Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:11:21 PM(UTC)
Tina E

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
I can understand that Gypsy linking has been a much requested feature and the wait has been frustrating. This is a frustrating issue for us as well as we have been working hard to resolve the issue. We want to be able to say “it is working!” but we can’t do that quite yet.

We are however very, very close. We have a solution and have started the testing phase. This testing will take time because we want to be as thorough as possible. We don’t have an exact time frame of when we will be able to release this, but we want to make sure that everyone will be able to access content on Gypsy and in Cricut Craft Room.

We are almost there.

Your original post was in July 2012 now it is March 2013 and we still do not have the ability to take and link from our gypsy machine to the craftroom. Any anticipated date? It is frustrating when someone like myself has 100's of cartridges on our gypsy's and can not link them to our craftroom. I do not have the time or the desire to spend hours taking each of my cartridges and linking to the craftroom.

Looking for answers as to when Cricut will allow us to link our cartridges via our Gypsy to the Craftroom.
Di&Co Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 6:25:56 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 21516 time(s) in 5323 post(s)
Id rather have it later and know that there are no bugs in the procedure. Nathan, is PC still working on fixing the bugs of the current machines? Also, DS needs to be updated also.
JanaBailey Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 6:04:47 PM(UTC)
JanaBailey

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I realized you asked Nathan, but the answer to this question is that a lot of people have carts registered to their account that they have since sold. Once a cart is registered by one owner, it doesn't keep a new owner {or multiple people knowing the owner} from registering that same cart. That's why the Gypsy serial number is written onto the cart when you link it. Otherwise, the initial process could have been register your carts and link them automatically through {what was} Gypsy Sync.

If it were that simple, I think PC would have done that months ago. But, whatever they have tried, hasn't worked. Their are lots of creative people on this MB, so I think if someone has an idea of what would work, they should post it. It might just be the solution.

I am continually shocked that people will stand by patiently and wait for PC to fix something that didn't work to begin with as promised! Scrapalette, your support for PC is unwavering, I'll give you that but come on! This is absolutely ridiculous. I stood by PC until they ruined my Imagine and now won't do a thing about it. I'm done.

Something that keeps popping into my head when I think about the whole "registering and linking cartridges" and the total greedy selfish nature of PC is the music industry. Think about a cartridge like a music CD. Why didn't the music industry file lawsuits against electronic companies when people started making "jam cassettes" with their favorite songs on them. Why aren't they suing CD recorder makers or Microsoft for creating software that will allow you to rip a CD to their computer so they can sync it to their iPod or share it with a friend? The music industry is enormous! Cricut's market is not that huge. When people borrow carts, they later buy them sometimes. Sheesh! Go after people that are pirating and selling copies for profit but leave crafters that just want to share a Cricut cartridge alone!!!!

If the whole reason this issue has taken almost 2 years to resolve is that they are afraid people will share the content of their cartridges??? What a bunch of hooey! The linking system has been a mess from the beginning for MANY customers. Especially when their Gypsy dies. What a pain.

I only come on this board hoping for a fix for my Imagine. I don't care if it works with my Gypsy, CCR or anything else. I just want it to work as it did before the update ruined it. Their solution for the Imagine was to discontinue. This is all beyond ridiculous!!!
 1 user thanked JanaBailey for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 3/18/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 8:20:20 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 760 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JanaBailey Go to Quoted Post
I am continually shocked that people will stand by patiently and wait for PC to fix something that didn't work to begin with as promised! Scrapalette, your support for PC is unwavering, I'll give you that but come on! This is absolutely ridiculous. I stood by PC until they ruined my Imagine and now won't do a thing about it. I'm done.

Something that keeps popping into my head when I think about the whole "registering and linking cartridges" and the total greedy selfish nature of PC is the music industry. Think about a cartridge like a music CD. Why didn't the music industry file lawsuits against electronic companies when people started making "jam cassettes" with their favorite songs on them. Why aren't they suing CD recorder makers or Microsoft for creating software that will allow you to rip a CD to their computer so they can sync it to their iPod or share it with a friend? The music industry is enormous! Cricut's market is not that huge. When people borrow carts, they later buy them sometimes. Sheesh! Go after people that are pirating and selling copies for profit but leave crafters that just want to share a Cricut cartridge alone!!!!

If the whole reason this issue has taken almost 2 years to resolve is that they are afraid people will share the content of their cartridges??? What a bunch of hooey! The linking system has been a mess from the beginning for MANY customers. Especially when their Gypsy dies. What a pain.

I only come on this board hoping for a fix for my Imagine. I don't care if it works with my Gypsy, CCR or anything else. I just want it to work as it did before the update ruined it. Their solution for the Imagine was to discontinue. This is all beyond ridiculous!!!

I agree completely. But becareful, they deleted one of my posts for saying it was unbelieveable that you have to update your I in order to use the HP inks and if that renders your machine inoperable, their response is "Oh Well". I'm down to my last black and color inks, haven't updated my I in close to two years and I am terrified to update it, just so I can use the HP inks. Crazy isn't! I have all the Imagine carts, except for the ones that look like photos, and pretty soon I will have to update it.

Well, will see how long this posts last. I guess the truth hurts.
 2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 3/19/2013(UTC), Cali's Scrappin' Oma on 4/12/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:51:40 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I too am a dinosaur that is afraid to link up and update my machines even thought I check periodically for what the updates should be. I would love to update to use the other inks but I am worried that my machine would be toast. But as for sharing content, essentially isn't that what you do when you lend a cart? Stores (LSS)used to share or lend carts. People share them in classes. We share them among family and friends. So to me there is no big deal- I understand their thoughts. But to me it is a moot point. Or maybe I am missing the point. BJR.