Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

thomasshamonicab20c6d39 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:54:27 AM(UTC)
thomasshamonicab20c6d39

Groups: Registered

I am having issues with connecting my Expression 2 to sync. I have restarted my computer several times and turned off anti-virus and firewall. The driver is installed on my computer, but when I get ready to sync it finds the cricut system, but it just says connecting to Expression 2 for hours. I don't know what else to do, I'm just so frustrated.Mad Please help!
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:02:04 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hello, We are sorry tohear you are having difficulties updating your Expression 2.

It does sound like your antivirus may be interfering with our program. Normally, even if you disable them they will still block communication with your machine. We would like to recommend contacting your antivirus provider to make sure that our programs are added to the exception list including CCRBridge.exe, Cricut Sync, Cricut CraftRoom, as well as Adobe Air. We hope this information helps.

-Cricut Dani

thomasshamonicab20c6d39 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:15:53 AM(UTC)
thomasshamonicab20c6d39

I have removed the anti-virus from my computer and still having issues
CherylG Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:53:26 PM(UTC)
CherylG

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have never had problems with CCR ... until now. I tried to open my CCR and it started initializing and just hung there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still nothing.

I went to run Cricut Sync since I have not done that for a few months and now I cannot get the sync to work.

Very frustrating.
Spookysnip Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:46:14 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Maybe try uninstalling and restalling CCR and Cricut Sync?
rparak0e5ff87f Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 1:56:02 PM(UTC)
rparak0e5ff87f

I am not able to sync my Expressions 2 and my Expressions 2 has stopped working. I have a MAC. I have tried to reinstall several times.
This is very frustrating. Need help!!!!!!
JeanP Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:18:57 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 804 post(s)
I have done EVERYTHING that has been suggested on this MB and I cannot get my E2 to communicate with CCR or Sync. Uninstalled and Reinstalled everything, turned off Antivirus, installed Adobe Air, did the exceptions and still nothing!!!!

I have been told that you need to call PC and have someone help you thru the process.
Now to just find the time to be on the phone forever!!!!

Good luck
Cricut Dani Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:40:15 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I have done EVERYTHING that has been suggested on this MB and I cannot get my E2 to communicate with CCR or Sync. Uninstalled and Reinstalled everything, turned off Antivirus, installed Adobe Air, did the exceptions and still nothing!!!!

I have been told that you need to call PC and have someone help you thru the process.
Now to just find the time to be on the phone forever!!!!

Good luck

Hello JeanP,

Who is your antivirus with? What exactly are you experiencing when you try to connect your Expression 2 to the Craft Room or Cricut Sync programs?

-Cricut Dani
cmlouky06ffe950 Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 12:42:11 PM(UTC)
cmlouky06ffe950

If it helps, I just found out that I can't sync mine either because my operating system isn't "advanced" enough to do the sync. I have to upgrade from Windows Vista first, then do the sync.
christinez.leblancd3dd0286 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:00:56 AM(UTC)
christinez.leblancd3dd0286

My E2 has been syncing for 12 hours!!! Cursing I assume this us not normal. What happens if I just turn it off?
CricutGena Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:02:26 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello everyone! Our wonderful Customer Service representatives would love to assist you! Please give us a call at 877-7cricut!

-Cricut Gena
tmgcrafts6dec1d82 Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:11:54 PM(UTC)
tmgcrafts6dec1d82

I was having a lot of problems with trying to update the Cricut Expression 2.
I was getting a bridge error. Sync failed to connect to the bridge.
You need to install Cricut design room & Cricut sync and Adobe Air first.
Do not plug your Cricut into your computer before you install the programs!!!!
If you did, you will have to uninstall both programs and then install again.
I use Norton Internet Security 2012 for my anti-virus, on a HP computer with Windows 7.
What I had to do to solve this issue is open Norton Internet Security, go to settings,
then open configure, in "Exclude from auto-protect, sonar and download intelligence detection".
The real time exclusions window will open,double click on add, then on files. The add item window opens,
double click on the browse button (the little open folder to the right). Double click on local disk c:,
then double click on program files(x86). double click Cricut craft room, and the highlight the file
CCR-Bridge and click OK.

Then you need to do the same thing for Cricut Sync, this time go to program files(x86) and then Cricut Sycn and then highlight
CCR-Bridge in the Cricut Sync folder and click on OK. You should be back to the real time exclusions window.
Click on apply. Now close all the windows in Norton.

You will need to do the same thing for the firewall. Go to start, control panel, system & security, Allow a
program through windows firewall, click on browse, in the left panel open local disk c: and go to program files(x86),
then Cricut design room, and highlight CCR-Bridge, then click OPEN. Do the same thing for Cricut Sync.
You should have CCR-Bridge on the list twice( one for craft room and one for sync ). Close the all windows.
Plug in your Cricut's USB cable to your computer and let the drivers install, when you get the driver install
complete at the bottom of the screen. Start the Cricut Sync program, it should update now.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:14:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

roshninp112868539d84 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:45:32 AM(UTC)
roshninp112868539d84

Hi i have a new macbook air and it wont sync to my expressions 2. says it cant detect the device. Help!!
pems69cf1cb3 Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:38:08 PM(UTC)
pems69cf1cb3

Confused RollEyes this is crazy there has to be an easier way to hook this system up I am so disappointed with cricut would never recommend this product I have ordered cricut digital cartridges spent a ton of money and cant use I think Cricut manufacturers owe us some compensation and some clear cut instructions for computer dummies to comprehend to get this problem fixed . How can you put out a product that doesn't sync with security and firewall programs when you know everyone has them on their computer these days. thank you to the person that at least took the time to try and explain a way around the issue cause I don't see any help from the cricut people except to spent endless hours on the phone .
Sherri Kay Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 4:43:12 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2432 time(s) in 2179 post(s)
I would call PC and have them take over your computer and that way they can get it to work (hopefully) without you having to do a thing. Good luck! I'm sure it is really frustrating! Sad
roshninp112868539d84 Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:37:23 AM(UTC)
roshninp112868539d84

Mad Hi - i spoke with a rep today who helped me update some drivers on my pc. she also told me if i dump all my old files off my macbook air and download craft room and sync again it would start working on my mac. Well, i did and it didn't work. Any advice? Macbook won't recognise my E2.
terher90ce07fe6 Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:15:17 PM(UTC)
terher90ce07fe6

Mad Confused My Expression 2 had been sitting for several months when I tried to do a project. It repeatedly kept cutting the same letter without moving on. I have tried Sync on both a MacAir and a PC. After about 45 minutes to an hour it tells me something like it can't complete restart the program and it will continue which it doesn't do. This is my second Cricut product which was a bad decision on my part. I thought the new one would work better. When it works, I love what it does, though my touch screen has always been a bit off. I am frustrated to have so much money invested in products and cartridges for so little use. I spoke to someone in customer service yesterday who basically told me to try a PC. Having done that, I tried calling today and spent 22 minutes waiting for someone to talk to before I gave up. It is obvious that this machine and this company has lots of problems. I don't understand why I need to use a computer to fix a machine that didn't require a computer. I wasn't using design center since it never worked on my older Mac. I will try again another day to get someone on the phone to see if they can fix it, but I will warn others not to buy from this company. I am frustrated and will be looking for a better product. Meanwhile, I hope to get some resolution to this issue. If you have suggestions, let me know. I prefer to use the MacAir if possible as it is mine.
terher90ce07fe6 Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:00:11 PM(UTC)
terher90ce07fe6

Ok, so the cutting the same letter was user error (setting on cutter). I would have thought customer service would know that. And somehow I managed to get updated from the PC, so barring future problems I am back in business. Still not a happy customer.
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:26:07 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: terher90ce07fe6 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, so the cutting the same letter was user error (setting on cutter). I would have thought customer service would know that. And somehow I managed to get updated from the PC, so barring future problems I am back in business. Still not a happy customer.

Hello,
I'm sorry for the issues that you are having with your Expression 2. I'm glad that you were able to get your machine updated. The reason why we have you update your machines to make sure that they are compatible with Craft Room and or cartridges. If you are end up having any more issues, please contact us at 1-877-7cricut and we would be happy to help you out.

Cricut Tamara