Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6667686970>»
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2011 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:00:57 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey I got in today. I couldn't log in yesterday so gave up on it for a while.

I haven't gotten any crafting done but getting things unpacked and put away. Jim didn't feel very well when we got home and dumped all his stuff all over everywhere. That combined with the dust and dog hair, etc. the house was in bad need of TLC. This morning I woke up to 9 inches of snow and went out to shovel. It was wet and heavy. So I never made it Zumba. I think I got my workout in.

Hope you got your driveway plowed Paula. I think you should go to the dinner anyway.

Rhonda how is little Payton doing? I hope she gets to come home soon but not too soon.

Lizzy hope the dress shopping trip was a success and you enjoyed your time with Kat.

Pat loved the race photo on Facebook. Looks like you had a great time. Did you get much snow this morning?

Well I need to get busy and get flights book to NYC. I keep forgetting to do that. Yikes!
rm920 Offline
#2012 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:54:42 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Good morning all....

Thank you for all your prayers for Payton. Cody and Drew were able to bring her home yesterday afternoon. They are so excited to be their own little family. I have not been able to see her yet. I ended up with a migraine headache Tuesday afternoon and was in bed by 6:30 Tuesday slept almost straight thru until 3:00 yesterday afternoon. I talked to the kids and told them I would get out to see them this weekend.

Pat, it looks like the worst of the storm missed you. Guess that is a good thing. Loved the pic of Jim with his face painting - he is a great sport.

Carrie, I think you got your work out in with out going to zumba. Hope Jim is already feeling better.

Paula, maybe you need to buy another shovel so next time you can make good use of the available manpower! Hope your sister was able to get over and clear the drive.

Laurie, have you been working on any other home decorating projects?

Lizzy, how was your evening with DD?

I am not sure how to handle a situation. One of my co-workers is getting married on April 27th. I received an invitation several weeks ago and gave her my reservation. Yesterday I received my granddaughter's wedding invitation - and can you believe - it is the same day, same time! I feel I should go to DGD's wedding but already told my co-worker I would be at hers. I am really torn as to what to do. UGH!!!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2013 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:37:37 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

Rhonda, I am happy to hear Payton is doing so well and is able to go home. Sorry you ended up with a migraine, bummer!! I got a bad sinus headache when that storm came through.
As far as the weddings, I would think your co-worker would understand that you need to go to your family wedding. It is early enough that she hasn't turned in her count yet so she won't be out anything. Just explain the situation, she should understand. (the sooner the better)

My BIL came over and plowed. Of course, we had to shuffle all the cars. He had DS move my van from the garage so he could back in there and get a good swipe of the drive, then DS shoveled the spots he couldn't get and the dribbles he left behind. When all was finished the keys to my van were missing....and they are still missing. We do not have an extra so my van is now stuck in the garage. I am thinking they are in a snow pile somewhere out there.

I did go and help with dinner last night. This is the Wed. night dinners that I had run for almost ten years and these are new people stepping up to take over. (we haven't had it yet this year because no one was running it) They weren't sure how it would go for their first night so I went. They did just fine, I was there to encourage them more than anything, plenty of help showed up. :)

I have thur. house today, back to the regular weekly schedule now. I think I have gone soft not having to do it. Crying
I will be driving DS's car.

imnchghere Offline
#2014 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:39:56 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. several times the past couple days, I started to check in, but I have so much to do still for the crop this weekend. Plus a lot of society odds & ends that keep showing up.
Winter storm Saturn was a waste. If we got 2" I will be shocked. It was just too warm here for anything to accumulate, even if it was sticking. Surrounding areas west of us got pounded with almost 2 ft. Great for the ski resorts.

Lizzy, I hope you had a good time with Kat and accomplished what you needed to. And that school is going well enough.
Carrie, I would say shoveling snow equals Zumba time. I wish I had gotten video of the Zumba they did at the walk. I watch and think maybe I could do it (scaled down), but not sure if my left leg could take it. I will stick to the bike and walking for now. Any moving is better than none.
Paula, we have lost things in piles of snow. Mostly gloves or a hat when the girls were little. I hope those keys show up since you don't have a spare.
Rhonda, how exciting for Payton to be home and doing well. I would think you would want to be at the family wedding. I would also think your co-worker would understand.
Sorry about the headache getting the better of you. I have had a lot of weather related sinus headaches this season. More than usual, but they have been sort lived.

Well, I need to get busy here and gather a load of laundry and figure out dinner. I have to make a grocery, bank and PO run sometime today. Except for the grocery, they are just drive through, so it will be quick. Then it is back to packing up for the crop.
lizzyea Offline
#2015 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:34:30 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...my otherwise fabulous week had a sour downturn today. A co-worker who is a part-time teacher came into my classroom this afternoon and basically told me in no-uncertain terms that she is "sick and tired of me being rude to her all the time and that she refuses to be the recipient of my cutting, sarcastic comments any longer." She also made some comments about me talking about her behind her back. I was so completely caught off-guard that I fumbled around and finally said that I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. She rather snottily said, "Oh, you don't?" And, I told her that I did not. Well, apparently, she can't take my sarcastic, teasing comments that I make toward everyone, despite the fact that she has been around me for 1.5 years now. She takes them personally. Furthermore, no matter what I have ever in the world said to her that was nice doesn't mean a single thing to her. Additionally, the fact that I have bent over backwards to make her welcome in my classroom for the month that I am on vacation, doesn't mean squat to her, either. I get no credit for anything. Trust me, this was no discussion with this chick. I told her that I was totally surprised by what she said; that I had the utmost respect for her and that I had absolutely never said anything negative about her. I did apologize to her for hurting her feelings/offending her when that was not my intention and I assured her that I would keep my distance from her since clearly I offended her. That was the end of it.

I feel/felt like pooh...all I can say is that everyone gets my sarcasm but everyone gets my kindness. I'm really sorry she's so thin-skinned; but I'm also wondering if there isn't something dreadfully wrong in her life and she decided to vent her spleen on me. Whatever..........

So, on to the good stuff.

Rhonda, I'm SO HAPPY that Payton is home. Be sure you get some photos of yourself and the wee one! As for the wedding, just explain the situation to the bride-to-be at your work. Do we know your granddaughter that is getting married?

Paula, so glad you found your keys! And, glad that the church has been able to restart the Wednesday night dinners without you at the lead! You'll get back into the swing of the Monster House soon enough!

As for me....school continues to go well. The kids are restless, though, and need a change of pace. Tomorrow I will work on that with them. Otherwise, we are pushing along. I've got to go and eat some dinner before I faint away.
imnchghere Offline
#2016 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:20:23 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good evening.. I am as ready as I can be for the crop. I have a few last minute things to pack in the morning, but the scrapbooking stuff is ready to go into the car. I am hoping that anything I have forgotten can be borrowed. I am also hoping I can be really productive and have good time.

Lizzy, sorry you had a rough day with the teacher. Only one more day and you will have the weekend to not think about it.

I am not sure how much I will be able to check in over the weekend. I am taking my tablet. I think I am going to take my iPod also. Sometimes I use it to not have to be part of conversations. I know that might seem rude, but everyone does it. Hmmmm maybe I will see if I can find Les Mis on iTunes.

Well, I am heading to bed. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is going to be nice here and next week we could see 60ish. I am ready!!!!
Flee57 Offline
#2017 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 7:48:19 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Lizzy, sorry about the woman. What a b*&%^!

Rhonda, I am so glad to hear that payton is home where she belongs. Prayers were answered! Enjoy her this weekend. Sorry about the migraine. Hope you're feeling much better.

Pat, have a great scrapping weekend.

Paula, glad you found your keys.

Carrie, I'd say you got your workout with wet and heavy snow.

Nancy, hope you had a good week.

I have not done anything but clean and purge this week. I've become a slug when it comes to the painting. I'm disappointed with the work that the handyman did. Very disappointed. I am going to have to fix it. My Friend Tess is going to help me. The man is the Dad of a friend and he's a retired contractor...very retired. he is well into his 70's. Lesson learned. I have sold about $300 on the local yard sale FB site and about $150 waiting for pick up day. I'm loving that site. I'm hogging it too. I have probably 95% of the posts LOL

I am attempting to make some sausage gravy right now for the morning. We'll see how that works.

I am driving to Maysville, KY tomorrow to meet my Niece to give her our VUE. I am going to miss that car. I have to drive her car back to my house. She named her car Goldie when she first got it. Our VUE is silver and I told her she was going from Goldie to Hi Ho Silver. She laughed and said she's already named her the Silver Fox. Ahhhhh, to be young again. I'm excited to see her. I am going to meet one of her best friends from college and we'll have lunch before heading back our separate ways.

OMG, new show on lifetime Preacher's Daughters. Show about preachers with wild daughters LOL

Ok, off to find a sausage gravy recipe.

Happy Weekend everyone!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2018 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:09:20 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Watching Argo on Pay per view. Where is everyone? Other than Pat since I know where she is. Hope you are having fun Pat!

Sorry about the handyman Laurie. Hope you can fix it without too much work.

Back to the movie.
lizzyea Offline
#2019 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:22:05 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...Rhonda, I saw the photos on FB of baby Payton! How fabulous that she is doing so well! How are you doing? What have you been up to this weekend?

Good to hear from you, too, Carrie. Sorry about your DH unpacking his stuff everywhere! My DH has been known to do that, too, although he's much better than he used to be.

Laurie, sorry about the problems with the first handyman. It's awful when you realize that someone did not do a good job for you until after the fact.

I did my usual Saturday....work on school stuff, nap, watch some TV, and read. It's been a relaxing day overall. Tomorrow, we have a real estate agent coming over. It should be interesting.

That's about all my news. Nothing much new.

G'night to all.

rm920 Offline
#2020 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:10:34 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

I did get to spend much of the day yesterday with the kids. Amber called and was bored so I went to pick her up and we went to see Cody, Drew and Payton. Amber finally got to meet her niece and I got to do lots of holding and cuddling. She is beautiful. It was a great day.

We also got some rain yesterday so that was even better.

Lizzy, glad you had a relaxing day. The visit with the real estate person will be exciting. Hope it all goes well.

Carrie, what did you think of Argo? I know it won lots of awards but I haven't seen it yet.

Pat, hope you have had a great weekend with friends and getting caught up on scrapping.

Paula, glad you were able to find the keys. A snow raking success!

Laurie, sorry about the handyman. Hope you can get your mojo back on the painting. You were doing so well!

OK, I need to get busy here. I have some L to do, finish up some tax work and hopefully do some scrapping later today.

Here are couple of pics I took yesterday.

The first is Amber, Cody and Payton. This was the first time she had seen or held Payton.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:15:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Cody, Amber & Payton.JPG (1,033kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
rm920 Offline
#2021 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:17:51 AM(UTC)
rm920

Sorry, it was giving me problems posting both pics.

Here is a pic of the new family - Cody, Drew and Payton
rm920 attached the following image(s):
The New Bess Family.JPG
lizzyea Offline
#2022 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:36:52 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...I completely forgot that last night was a "spring forward" night so when I awoke at 9:00 I was excited I hadn't slept too late...alas, it's really 10:00. Oh well! Terry thought his phone was going haywire.

That is a great photo of the new family, Rhonda! I didn't realize that Payton's mom hadn't been able to hold her until now. Cody will be very bonded to her which is great! I'm just glad things are working out really well now for all of them.

It's beautiful and sunny, but chilly so far. Ruby is outdoors exploring. We have a tree trimmer coming on Tuesday so our trees should be trimmed and less shady then. I hope so.

I may have broken through my weight plateau (finally) because this morning, I was down about 2 pounds - below the weight that I have been "playing" at for the last two weeks. I've working at following their instructions: eating grapefruit at breakfast and being vigilant about drinking my water. Yesterday, you will be surprised to note that I had only ONE Diet Coke. And I don't think I even drank the entire thing. I had one cup of coffee and one Diet Coke. No wonder I was sleepy all day.

Well, in a bit, I plan to go upstairs and tackle the bonus room. I asked Terry to help me and hopefully he will give me a hand with the things I need help with. I know he was able to yesterday, but I never got to it yesterday. I don't know if he will be able to today or not.

I know wedding plans are going to kick up again in a few days (flowers, cake) so I've got to get some of my own stuff out of the way so I can confer with Sarah on these things. So, I need to get my ducks in a row here. I sure could use another three-day weekend! LOL

I'll be glad when the end of March gets here. Four weeks of vacation. Woo-hoo!!

Everyone take care....I'll try to get back on later....after the real estate woman is gone. Give you the big news of what she tells us.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:39:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2023 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:39:55 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies, it seems like I am running downhill, is it really March 10th??!!

Lizzy, Amber is Rhonda's grandaughter, the baby's aunt. It was the first time she held the baby. (just to clarify)

We had a housefull of kids last night. The last hurrah before spring break was over for many of Tay's friends. I got to see two of the Boston girls so that was nice. They all had a bonfire and then hung out inside with hot cocoa. I think the last ones left at 6:30, glad I didn't hear them!!!
One of his friends ended up spending the week here, he left after church. We call him son #2.

We went to see Oz friday night...interesting. I was expecting a Wizard of Oz remake, don't know where I got that idea but that is not what it is. Once I adjusted my thinking, I got down to enjoying the movie.

It is rainy here and 50*, hope DH can still play hockey tonight, I think it is his last night for the Sunday league.

Lizzy, sorry about the confusing start to your day. Between my hubby, the church reminders and my sister, I don't think we could overlook the time change. Laugh
I will be interested to hear what the realtor has to say.
Hurray for your breakthrough!!! I still have not done anything to get going...ugh!! Hopefully that will give you a push for the next week. Keep up the good work! Love Cutting out your Coke is a huge help!!
It seems like it would be kind of hard to do flowers and cake long distance. I hope DD knows what she likes, that would help. I don't remember what place you decided on for the dinner. Is her sister going to be her maid of honor? Since they will be in LV, will their honeymoon be there? What an exciting time for your family!!

Rhonda!!!! How wonderful that little Payton is home. I bet you soaked up every second of that baby time!! It's nice you could get Amber and take her along. What a nice day. How are Drew and Cody doing?

Pat, how was your weekend? Hope it went well for you.

Carrie, what did you think of the movie??
Is the house back in order?? Laundry caught up?? Coming home is such work!! ;)

Laurie, what is your next project? We really need to carve out some time to empty, purge and reorganize the storage area in the basement. Since the in-laws passed away and we brought home so many boxes of things we can almost not walk through that area. If we had to have our furnace looked at we would be in trouble. We are looking at next weekend, if not who knows when.
How did D do this week at work? Hope it went well.

OK, I am going to try to do something productive....maybe, haha.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2024 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:19:56 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good evening. I am struggling trying to find something good to watch on tv. Went to a baby shower this afternoon and then did Zumba. That was interesting after a glass and a half of wine. I knew better but then I had to toast the girl who just finished chemo a month ago. When she handed me the glass all I could do was smile and tell her she is awesome.

Rhonda love the picture. Payton is adorable and that Cody of yours is a cutey. I liked the movie Argo but can't say I loved it. It was based on the true story of the hostage crisis. It was well done and worth watching.

Paula you sound like you had a party at your house last night. My house is a never ending battle but since both boys are gone this week I should have it glowing by weeks end.

Lizzy congrats on the continued weight loss. When you reach another plateau, change it up a bit. Eat small amounts every 3-4 hours or something for a couple days. Whatever you do, don't quit eating. It will back fire. Sounds like the wedding is coming along. What do you have now a month and a half or so? I used to do wedding flowers. Wish I could help you there. What colors are you having in the wedding? How did it go with the realtor?

Laurie did you drive to Kentucky today?

Pat hope you had a very productive crop. And had fun too.

Well I think I am going to look for some Mango Sorbet. Today is reward day and I am going to claim it. LOL
Flee57 Offline
#2025 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:00:35 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Rhonda, I love the look on Amber's face. Beautiful pics! Payton is a doll baby!

Lizzy, I'm glad that you broke through your plateau. Keep going woman! You don't have too much to go on the wedding plans do you? I don't remember if you are having just the dinner or if you are having a traditional reception with dancing and garter and boouquet throwing. Also, have you shown us your dress or Kats? You know we need to see them LOL Has it sunck in yet that Sarah is getting married? I'm so happy for her!

Carrie, I did drive to Maysville yesterday. it wasn't too bad. I got to have lunch with my Niece and one of her very best Friends from college. She was so excited about the VUE. Once I got in her car, I knew why. Wow, rough car LOL

Those of you who saw Oz...how was it?

I'm having probs while typing. Keep losing my words so I will end here

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2026 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:19:49 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good evening, friends!

OK...thanks for the clarification, Paula! I was having a bit of a problem understanding how it was that Payton's mom hadn't held her. Whew!

Yes, Carrie, I do agree that not eating is really a problem when you are on a diet...at least it does for me! My body seems to hang on to every single ounce it has when I do that!

So, here's the scoop with the realtor. She is very nice and very low-key. She is also very bright and well-educated. She scoped out the house, made a fair amount of notes, and pointed out different things that she already knew about about the house or that she noticed, both good and not so good (like water stains from previous roof leaks). Afterwards, we sat down and she gave us a loose-leaf binder she had put together for us about the current market and about herself. Then we talked about the current market and what the future likely holds. After that, we talked money...as in what our house can sell for, etc. She gave us two options...sell it "as is" or fix it up and sell it for more. We chose to fit it up and go for more money which means it will be about a month before we get it on the market...and lots of work. In the meantime, we will also have to do LOTS of decluttering. After all that, she will send in her "stagers" who make the house look perfect and it goes on the market. And we cross our fingers!

Tomorrow evening, we have an appointment with our contractor to give him first crack at the work. If he can't do it or doesn't want to, then we'll go with the folks she has. I'll keep everyone posted.

The biggest problem will be Terry and his reluctance with letting go of things. The man will have a hard time and I know he will be in lots of pain. I, on the other hand, will be pretty much OK with it all. I just need to get going!

I will keep everyone posted on how this adventure unfolds!

I'll look forward to see how everyone's weekend went. I'll check in tomorrow...I hope!

Flee57 Offline
#2027 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:45:23 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Lizzy, your life just became mine LOL What are stagers?
lizzyea Offline
#2028 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 6:06:30 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Stagers are the people who come in and help you make your house perfectly "show" ready. They know exactly what centerpiece to put on the dining room table because the one you are using is out-dated. They make sure you've removed all of the personal photos, and if your bed covering is too "blah" they jazz your bedroom up with one of theirs. Of course it costs money because if you don't have something, you can buy it yourself or rent it from them. Like me, our comforter is off-white which was a choice I made. I like the clean palate...but not for selling a house...it should have a pattern to look more eye-appealing. So, if I don't have something else in the house, then we will either buy something else or rent something from them.

My only issue with all of this is that we are going to spend a ton of money on things that will be enjoyed by someone else and I told my husband a long time ago I did not want to do that. If we were going to have to spend money to fix this house, I wanted to do it ahead of time so we could enjoy it, too. But, NOOOOOO!

OK, enough said about that. What is done is done.

Well, my movement through that plateau seems to have stuck because I didn't gain back the weight when I weighed myself yesterday. Whew!

Well, I'm going to go and get ready for work. Everyone have a great day.
Nancycs Offline
#2029 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 7:19:08 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Lizzy sorry about that co-worker you had to deal with. Well you won't have to deal with co-workers much longer! (Just us) I would suggest that you go looking for a comforter on clearance, or one of those cheap sets. Of course I don't know how much they charge to rent one but depending on how long the house is on the market it could add up. I think decluttering is huge. Just do the flylady thing. 15 minutes at a time. She even says do 15 minutes in one room then move to another room for 15 minutes if you need to do more. I will tell you if you have too much stuff like furniture that just clutters the house but you still want to keep you could rent a storage unit. I have heard of people doing that to make the house much less cluttered so it makes it easier to sell. Good Luck! WTG on 2 more LBS!

Laurie I heard from a friend that Oz was good and they did a good job but she wasn't thrilled with one character...here is what she posted on facebook about it...remember this is only her opinion.... (While I thought it did a nice job of bridging this new story with the classic 'Wizard of Oz' I'd still have to give it a B-/C+. James Franco seemed really flat. Oz is an amazing place filled with wondrous things and Franco as the wizard doesn't seem amazed by anything or even all that impressed.)

Carrie LOL on your toast. You sound like me after a glass of wine....well I don't think it would take a full glass! Mango sorbet...yum! I am sure you enjoyed that. Do you take small bites and savor every one?BigGrin

Paula a bonfire in the winter with snow. Do you still have any snow with the rain? That actually sounds really nice.

Rhonda those are very nice pictures. I hope they are adjusting to life with a new baby! Does she keep them up too much at night?

Pat did you get a lot of accomplished at the crop? I am looking forward to getting some scrapping done. I need to make a plan to just do it. I think we will be getting a crop going at the church in April.

Well I have gotten my taxes done. I just have to print the forms from my program. I have my appointment on Saturday. Then that will be done.

On Friday night I went to JC Penney's where they have a fashion consultant. She pulls clothes for you, helps with style and what looks good on you ect. It is all free of charge too. I had so much fun and she helped me put things together I never thought I could do. She also had me bring some of my own pieces that I wanted to find things for. I like JCP's new look and the pricing is good too. The regular price is like everyone else's sale prices. She even gave me tips for when I am out looking anywhere. She didn't pressure me to buy either. She was awesome! She will even keep her eye on things that I may like or when the shirt I didn't want to pay full price for goes on clearance. If you are looking for something she will watch for things as they come into the store and pull them for you.

IF I could ask you all to say a prayer for my friends cousin and his family. Corbin is 4 and has just been diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma. He goes in today for a bone marrow harvest and then he will begin treatment. He just started with symptoms about 3 weeks ago but they didn't find out until last week what was really going on. He has now really started feeling bad with this. His mom Angela is a nurse so she really knows what is going on. She hasn't been eating much or sleeping.

Well we got about 8 inches last night so there is no school today. They didn't have school last Tuesday either. I will have about 3 less since 2 of my families are teachers so they are keeping the kids home. They don't always but are today. It rained all day Saturday and part of Sunday and now all this snow!

I hope everyone has a great day!

imnchghere Offline
#2030 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 8:38:28 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning.. I am drained from the crop, but it was a good one and I was productive enough to be happy. Not as many pages as I had planned, but the ones I finished were intensive. I have a little more to do on the society pages, but that is just printing labels for pictures. I have one more set of gingerbread pages to do also. I just ran out of steam. Plan is to work on those at a crop on the 23rd. I will print the photo labels today and put those on as I print them.
Nancy, I will definitely say prayers for little Corbin and his family. WTG on the taxes being done and ready for the accountant. I haven't been in Penny's since they changed their look. They are in the mall and I just don't go there very often. I would like someone to help me with clothes.
Lizzy, I have seen shows on HGTV where they do staging to sell houses, but they usually focus on only a couple rooms. When my neighbor sold hers, I got to see a whole house being re-done. It was interesting because she was real co-operative. Good luck on getting yours ready to list and sold. I have done well getting rid of clutter, but I do have a lot of personal stuff all over, like pictures and *things*.
Carrie, I would have been like you with the toast. How are you doing on the travel pages/albums?
Paula, I think I am racing you down the hill. We need to plan a party at the finish line.

Well, multi tasking isn't working for me this morning. I was printing some copies while I was typing this and the paper jammed. And of course it was where it wasn't easy to get un jammed. I also see I need to replace the color ink cart. If it isn't one thing it is another. SO... I am going to post this and go put the laundry in the washer. I'll be back later to catch up more.

Flee57 Offline
#2031 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 11:39:59 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Nancy, right from the start I knew I would go in to the movie knowing that Oz would be flat. I think anything James Franco has ever done is flat. I don't think he's a good actor and was really surprised to know he is the lead character. So knowing that, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Will say some prayers for Corbin and his family.

Pat, you may not have finished everything this weekend, you have stuff all set for the next crop.

Lizzy thanks for explaining the stagers. I sure hope podunk Rising Sun has stagers to come in LOL I doubt it.

Getting rid of a lot of stuff today that someone bought. I'm lowering a lot of prices on what I have left today. I just want it out!

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2032 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:23:23 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning. Not much happening here lately. Last night I did a webinar from ancestry.com on finding Irish relatives. That was interesting and I am ready to try some of their tips. I have all but given up when I hit the wall last fall.

Pat glad you had a good crop. Hope you get your paper unjammed. I hate when that happens. Are you in the heavy rain warnings? Spring can't come soon enough.

Laurie you are creative enough to take what they do on HGTV and do your own staging. I used to get apple pie scent for the kitchen. My realtor did the staging. She rearranged furniture from one room to the other to make it look wide open. It was interesting.

Nancy prayers went up for Corbin and will continue as well as his mother. That has to be the hardest thing anyone can go through.. I don't know about you but I am so done with snow. I will have to check out JCP. Haven't been in there in years.

Lizzy hang in there. I have a saver husband too. Just keep in mind that if he doesn't see it, he will never remember he has it. If at some point he misses it, then he threw it out years ago and you have no idea. Check out Tuesday Morning for things. I believe you have those out there. I have been helping a friend of mine whose daughter is getting married this summer. The girls are in royal blue dresses and we are having a hard time finding flowers that coordinate. I am working on the invitations now and they are beautiful if I may say so. Getting experience for someday.

Paula what was your take on Oz? I saw the trailers but it didn't appeal to me. What else do you have going on?

Well I have kettle bell class today. It is fun. Then maybe I'll go to tennis. I really don't want to as it will take up most of the day and tomorrow I have an eye appointment so that day is out. Hmm, what's a girl to do?
rm920 Offline
#2033 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:42:08 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all....

Nothing exciting here..but at least we had some rain over the weekend. I have finally finished my taxes. Don't know why I put it off, but it is taken care of now. Last night I had a cemetery association meeting and tonight I am meeting Amber for a quick snack before going to her league band concert.

Lizzy, another stepping stone for you and DH! Hope you can get the items in the home taken care of and get the house on the market quickly. How are the wedding plans coming along? That will be here before you know it! Do they have a theme or colors for their day? My co-worker is using yellow and purple. That can be an interesting combination. I would love to see what she does with the colors, but I won't be at the wedding. Guess I'll have to wait to see the pics.

Carrie, have fun at kettle bell class today. Sounds like you are getting good practice on wedding planning! Maybe you can give us a peak at the invitations. Glad you enjoyed the webinar and hope you get to put some of the ideas to use and are successful.

Nancy, I have added Corbin and his family to my prayer list. That is such a big challenge for someone so young.

Pat, I hate when the printer jams. Hope things went better from there!

Paula, I'll bet the house is quiet now that everyone has gone home. Will you be crafting with Deb this week?

Hope everyone has a great day.
imnchghere Offline
#2034 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:33:27 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I am behind this morning and I am supposed to be at a friends around 10. It is pouring rain and while it is pushing NE it is going to be around until long after I need to leave.
I am still trying to recoup from the weekend of long hours and a lot of sitting.

Rhonda, I am glad your area is getting some much needed rain. What is "league band"? Have fun with Amber and enjoy the concert. Yea on the taxes. We need to wrap ours up. I am sure we owe big time, but I do like them done, even if I hold off paying until the end.
I have a find a grave request we need to do this weekend. New cemetery for us, so that should be fun. I want to get back to my research and there just doesn't seem to be time..
What do you hear from the new parent's? Are they still on cloud nine?

Carrie, I have a kettle ball that I use when I need to stretch my shoulders. I only have one exercise routine I have ever used it with. But I do like it better than the boring hand weights.
I can't imagine making invitations for a wedding, but one of the CFS ladies did them for her niece, as well as the TY notes and a bunch of other things. I think she also did the bridal shower invites and TY's. It wasn't a BIG wedding, but big enough. She sells SU, so she utilized some really nice stamps. I hope your friend can come up with pretty flowers to go with the blue.
I did get my paper un-jammed, once I remembered how to open up the back. There was one small piece, that was hard to get a hold of.

Lizzy, how are things going for you? Did you feel the quake the other day? One of my friends lives out towards Palm Springs. I think she said it was a 5.1
I am sure you are feeling overwhelmed right now, but you are also moving forward with a lot of big changes and fun events. I remember well, those last few weeks before my girl's weddings. Hope you can come up with the cake and flower decisions.

Well, the gathering at my friend's has been cancelled and just as well since the rain is continuing. I will run my errands this afternoon when it pushes out.

Nancycs Offline
#2035 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:55:04 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Pat how did your day go yesterday? I hope more smoothly than your morning with the printer. Sorry your gathering was canceled.

Laurie when do you plan to see Oz. We may go see it just because it is at our local theatre and they only have one show. Rick may be going out of town so that may not happen either.

Carrie YES I am so done with the snow. It is so deep right now. I can't wait for warmer weather. I didn't know you were making the invites for the wedding. I would think a yellow, white or even a brighter pink would work well with the royal blue.

Rhonda when you said purple and yellow for your friends wedding colors I immediately thought of Vikings! LOL I am sure those aren't the exact colors though. WTG on getting those taxes done!

Paula what are you up to today?

Lizzy how many days until you are done with work before the wedding?

Last night our Honda broke down 2 hours from home. Riley was driving and Rick was behind him in his truck. It was good he decided to drive his truck home too so I didn't have to drive up to get them. That would have really been a late night. We had to figure out where to tow it to get it repaired. The repair was going to be huge but by having them do the repair and we order the part ourselves it will save us about $600. If we were home Rick could have done it himself but since that is not the case we will have to pay labor.

Well I started this over 2 hours ago I guess I better hit post!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2036 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:43:17 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

We woke up to snow!! Ugh! It rained and rained yesterday. The yard was flooded and all but the plowed piles of snow were gone. It's just a dusting and will probably be gone soon but still!!!Glare

Pat, if it makes you feel any better, we were practically on plan B before we even started today. The house we were supposed to do today (second to monster, DS does both of my Tuesday houses with me since they are the big ones) called and said she has a really bad cold and wanted to go back to bed for awhile. She was going to have us just do the main floor but since DS and I both have tomorrow open I offered to move it to then.
Deb is going to a 4 or 5 day crop that she does every year so we aren't meeting tomorrow.
So today I will catch up on L.

Someone asked what I thought of Oz and I don't think I answered. I thought I was going to a remake of the original so I was a bit confused at the start. After I realized it was from the wizard's viewpoint it made more sense and I tried to adjust my attitude. It was good. I wouldn't tell people the have to go see it but if you want to you will probably enjoy it.
I agree that the lead actor was not that great. Don't know if it is him or they wrote the part poorly. Tay and his friends liked it. I wouldn't buy the DVD if that says anything.
I also went to see Safe Haven this weekend with my sister. It was good too. After it started I realized I had read the book. Couldn't remember that much of it though. The advantage of not having much of a memory.

Sorry about the car Nancy. It is a good thing your DH was following, made it a bit easier to deal with.
I will pray for Corbin and his family. Such a hard thing to deal with. We have a young girl from our church dealing with a brain tumor right now. The community is really pulling together to help them out. Some people from our church are helping them with house issues they are having (leaking roof and basement wall bowing in causing leaks and mold). We have two members who are building contractors that are pitching in and organizing the jobs. Also there is going to be a fundraiser dinner and auction in two weeks. I love seeing how people come together to help others out.

Lizzy, what can I say?? Between the wedding and the house your plate is overflowing!! Not a dull moment that is for sure! My BIL had stagers come when the sold their house. I think they thought it was a good investment.

Rhonda, enjoy the concert and how nice that you can spend some time together before it too!! :)
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2037 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:07:43 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

All of a sudden it is snowing like crazy. Big fluffy flakes. RollEyes
Flee57 Offline
#2038 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:44:19 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning, almost afternoon everyone!

Nancy, so sorry about the car. My car wouldn't start last week and I'm thankful it was just the battery. I haven't seen OZ yet but I really want to. A freind said they effects were awesome so you have to see it in 3D. D doesn't want to see it in 3D so I'll have to find someone else to go with LOL

We had a bit of snow this morning but it's mostly gone now.

Well, I have a box packed ready to move LOL Someone bought our 2 shelves in the living room so I just packed up all the pics and knick knacks. And I have room in my scraproom because of all I've sold in that room LOL

I can't believe I keep finding stuff to sell on that website. I want a clean house!

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2039 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:20:27 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Lizzy, before my scraproom gets any more torn apart, I want to make Sarah a wedding card but I need to know what her colors are so that I can put it on the card. I also have a wedding poem I want to put into it and it talks about throwing the bouquet, garter, dancing...stuff in a traditional reception but I don't know if it is a dinner after the ceremony or if it's a traditional reception with music and dancing. I don't want to use the poem if they are not doing all that stuff.

I forgot to ask you when I was talking to you the ohter day so I wanted to ask here while I was thinking about it. You know how I am about not remembering things. I asked in another post but you haven't answered so I figure you didn't see it.

Oh and I think I said we all want to see your dress and Kat's dress too!

that's all ...just wanted to ask while I was thinking about it

Later!
Nancycs Offline
#2040 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:02:56 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Laurie WTG on getting stuff sold! You are lucky it was only your battery in your car. We are waiting to hear if they have fixed the car yet and if they found anymore problems. I hope they don't.

Paula how much snow did you get? We have so much on the ground and are expectin more on Sunday.Angry I am so done with it!

I had a meeting last night and it was only 6 miles away but the roads were horrible. The blowing snow caused really slick roads. It wasn't that way all over but on this stretch of road there is so much farmland there is nothing to block it.

Tonight I need to print off my tax paperwork so it is done. I figure if I put it here I have to do it!BigGrin

Well I better get moving on my bills while everyone is sleeping.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!