Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

libra0927f795eac7 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:28:02 AM(UTC)
libra0927f795eac7

Groups: Registered

Hi there,
I'm a newbie, and I know that this is going to be a different response from everyone, but which cartridge do you find yourself using most frequently, or better yet, which would be a good first cartridge (or two or three) to get?
I like everything from making cards, to scrapbook pages, to home decor projects, but since I am new to all of this, I have bought about 7 cartridges off of ebay, and I was just wondering what everyone uses the most.

Thanks! BigGrin
sportykidsbug Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:11:13 PM(UTC)
sportykidsbug

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I primarily use my Cricut for scrapbook layouts and occasionally, the kids need a posterboard for a school project. I find I use Sports Mania quite often because my kids are really into sports, but I also use Happy Hauntings, Winter Woodland (this cart has a lovely font), Lyrical Letters and Storybook.

I recently broke down and bought Art Philosophy (from Close to My Heart). I was having a really hard time justifying spending that much money on one cartridge (ok, so it comes with stamp sets and chipboard cut-outs too--but I'm kind of cheap when it comes to my hobby supplies LOL!!). Anyway....this cartridge is SO WORTH THE MONEY!!! It has seasonal images, borders, frames, tags, cards, fonts, flowers, 3D flowers, a few boxes, and so many other shapes and images that for a beginner, or really anyone, it is a great all-around cartridge. The girls at my CTMH club were trying to convince me to now purchase the Artiste cartridge, but from my understanding it is more project based and I just don't do that many projects (at least for now...I'll have to start once I finally purchase that cart hehe!) BigGrin .

I have about 20 cartridges or so, so much less than most on this messageboard I realize, but it works for me. Just think about what you and your family do and what your interests are and go from there. I think all the carts are terrific in their own ways--good luck!!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:11:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked sportykidsbug for this useful post.
libra0927f795eac7 on 3/14/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:36:19 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I think the biggest bang for your buck is hands down - The Ultimate Creative Sampler! It comes with 6 overlays and has virtually an image for anything you might want. Check ebay.

Art Philosophy! It is a must have.
Artiste - another must have.

If I could only buy 3 carts those would be the three I would choose because they offer such an enormous variety of images on each cart.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Soshescraps Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:00:38 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
My most used cartridge for fonts is Creative Memories "Holiday Frames & Tags", this cartridge has 3 of the most cutest carts ever! (IMO). If I am making a card I love "Wild Card 2" and just for fun any of the best of images cartridges will do!

HTH and enjoy the journey!
 1 user thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.