Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sewnmachine Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:44:39 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Oh I am lovin this!!!! I just got done updating CCR. I turned off my antivirus (Avast) and my windows Firewall.
I updated CCR - no problems at all.
Plugged in my Create and it asked if I wanted to update the firmware on my machine. I said NO.
So, I'm still on build 151.
I picked a design, plugged in my cartridge (because all of my carts are linked to my Gypsy) and everything cut and worked perfectly.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 10/26/2012(UTC)
arlene.mutter1c681ad2 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:49:57 AM(UTC)
arlene.mutter1c681ad2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am also a happy camper but it took a while to get to this point. I unwittingly did an update on Oct 13 and found my Create would not work on its own. I tried the "fix" that became available on Oct 18 via my Gypsy but it kept saying there was nothing to update. Out of frustration I went back to v. 1.54 on my Create so at least it was functional if my Gypsy died or something. I love my Gypsy but I don't use it for every project. Then it occurred to me to try the firmware update directly from my laptop, without using the Gypsy and that seems to have worked. I now have v. 1.65 on my Create and it works alone and with my Gypsy. I didn't shut off my antivirus and everything seemed to work ok. Hopefully this info will help someone else.
 1 user thanked arlene.mutter1c681ad2 for this useful post.
Momof2monsters on 12/17/2012(UTC)
Momof2monsters Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:52:28 PM(UTC)
Momof2monsters

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Originally Posted by: arlene.mutter1c681ad2 Go to Quoted Post
I am also a happy camper but it took a while to get to this point. I unwittingly did an update on Oct 13 and found my Create would not work on its own. I tried the "fix" that became available on Oct 18 via my Gypsy but it kept saying there was nothing to update. Out of frustration I went back to v. 1.54 on my Create so at least it was functional if my Gypsy died or something. I love my Gypsy but I don't use it for every project. Then it occurred to me to try the firmware update directly from my laptop, without using the Gypsy and that seems to have worked. I now have v. 1.65 on my Create and it works alone and with my Gypsy. I didn't shut off my antivirus and everything seemed to work ok. Hopefully this info will help someone else.

Updated Create using CCR and NOT my Gypsy and now they are happily playing together. On a side note, I have not updated my G in over 4 months and once I plugged my Gypsy into the Create, it asked me to update and I chose "no". Gypsy is happily talking to my Create BigGrin .
brownietccfbd19ede Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 3:42:02 AM(UTC)
brownietccfbd19ede

help need i just got the create from a friend plugged it in to mac yesterday and thought i had done the update and it wouldnt work from my mac went to bed not happy read some posts on problems updating it and thought what have i done tried this morning and it says its running on 1.5 asks to update should i update it now
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:28:01 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
YAY!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

I just got done updating my Create to build 1.65 and the machine works and cut perfectly with my cartridges, with CCR AND with my GYPSY!

I first allowed the latest update to Adobe Air.
I turned off my Avast antivirus and Windows Firewall (just a precaution)

I was tempted to toss a pinch of salt over my left shoulder, but didn't have any in my craft room.
I soldiered on and took the plunge. Once the launch sequence had begun there was no turning back.

It took all of about 8 minutes.

I now have a fully functioning Create machine. It's a little old work horse too.

So! If there is anybody out there that needs to bring their Create up to speed - GO FOR IT!
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
legalbeagle on 3/13/2013(UTC)
legalbeagle Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:17:58 PM(UTC)
legalbeagle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 29 post(s)
BigGrin BigGrin Thanks for the information, I hated that my Create would not speak to her friend Gypsy. I am going to try the update and hope they get back on speaking terms.
azcreate20020a4e78be Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:42:48 AM(UTC)
azcreate20020a4e78be

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: arlene.mutter1c681ad2 Go to Quoted Post

I updated my firmware from the computer but my gypsy still will not work on the Create. Works directly from cartridge and CCR but not the Gypsy. It cuts one image and then stops. Says lost communication. Check the cords and the same cord works on my E2 and the usb on the create works with CCR so not sure what could be the problem. Any suggestions?
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:48:00 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: azcreate20020a4e78be Go to Quoted Post
I updated my firmware from the computer but my gypsy still will not work on the Create. Works directly from cartridge and CCR but not the Gypsy. It cuts one image and then stops. Says lost communication. Check the cords and the same cord works on my E2 and the usb on the create works with CCR so not sure what could be the problem. Any suggestions?

Try loading your mat from the Create load mat button. Not from the Gypsy.
azcreate20020a4e78be Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:59:22 PM(UTC)
azcreate20020a4e78be

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Try loading your mat from the Create load mat button. Not from the Gypsy.

I have done that and still seems to be a problem. What I have found is the image I am trying to cut is the bear from the teddy bear cartridge and when I tried other images on that same cartridge it is fine. It must be something to do with the main bear cut. I have tried other cartridges at random and they seem to work fine. So it must be a glitch. Thank you for your suggestion.