Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Mercy Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 6:48:54 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
If you are a mac user and having issues, try to download Adobe Air and if you are unable to do so use firefox as hopefully it will allow you to download Adobe Air!

Edited by user Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:09:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TammyMoreland Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 8:26:10 PM(UTC)
TammyMoreland

I just got home from work and try sync my gyspy and mine you nothing was wrong before the release. After sync and it tell me to restart it won't restart keep cutting off and won't do anything. It was fine before I sync. Please help I just got my imagine update. My E2 I am finding out will not be updated until next week. I am really upset I have spent over $3000 in PC product and can't use them when I would like to get a project complete. With all the money everyone have invested you would think that you have technician that can get the darn thing working. Now I can't use my gypsy and no I don't want to call on Monday because I am tired of being put on hold for hours. I want it fix NOW
MichelleCrews Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:01:47 AM(UTC)
MichelleCrews

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Gypsy updated find. The e2 did not update

Michelle
Mel P. Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:03:15 AM(UTC)
Mel P.

United States

My MAC came with Adobe AIR, I have an E2 with the dreaded 1000 firmwear. I have not been able to do a thing with the computer and the E2, it does work alone with out the computer. I will have to call on Monday, I have to much to do to wait around on the phone for them to fix something that should be working. Arrgh.
Mercy Offline
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:11:39 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: MichelleCrews Go to Quoted Post
Gypsy updated find. The e2 did not update

Michelle

Is your E2 new with the 1000 firmware? If so, the release notes states per se this update is supposed to fix the issue but the E2 update is not with this update. Therefore, we are still waiting for the update.
Mercy Offline
#36 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:26:48 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Mel P. Go to Quoted Post
My MAC came with Adobe AIR, I have an E2 with the dreaded 1000 firmwear. I have not been able to do a thing with the computer and the E2, it does work alone with out the computer. I will have to call on Monday, I have to much to do to wait around on the phone for them to fix something that should be working. Arrgh.

The release notes states per se this update is supposed to fix the issue but the E2 update is not with this update. Therefore, we are still waiting for the update.

The E2 is a standalone Cricut as well as can be connected to the G or CCR. Why can't you use your E2 as a standalone because I can do so.
Mercy Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 9:58:31 PM(UTC)
Mercy

To update this thread, the E2 can NOW work with CCR BUT NOT the Gypsy! PC is still working on that part of the update.
dkocourekd5bcf2e5 Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:08:49 PM(UTC)
dkocourekd5bcf2e5

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just downloaded the firmware update and still cannot cut from CCR with my new E2. It has the dreaded 1000 version of the firmware. Is this going to fixed soon????? Confused I just want to be able to use my machine as advertised.
Mercy Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:29:39 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: dkocourekd5bcf2e5 Go to Quoted Post
Just downloaded the firmware update and still cannot cut from CCR with my new E2. It has the dreaded 1000 version of the firmware. Is this going to fixed soon????? Confused I just want to be able to use my machine as advertised.

What errors are you getting?
#40 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:26:11 AM(UTC)
dkocourekd5bcf2e5

That the device cannot be found through the USB. I don't have any antivirus software running, have the adobe air (actually it came up when I was updating) and I also tried connecting with the cricut sync. I then restarted both my Mac and the machine. I am on a mac so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Mercy Offline
#41 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:16:00 AM(UTC)
Mercy

That the device cannot be found through the USB. I don't have any antivirus software running, have the adobe air (actually it came up when I was updating) and I also tried connecting with the cricut sync. I then restarted both my Mac and the machine. I am on a mac so I don't know if that makes a difference.

In CCR, did you select the E2 as your cutting device?
Mary R. Offline
#42 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:23:23 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
OMG!, OMG! My E2 is actually working w/CCR. After owning the machine for 6 mos. I'm finally going to use it. I'm so psyched. I do have two concern not sure if its me (user error) or new fix and the wi-fi feature is not yet working but I really don't care & know I can correct that issue myself.

Thought I'd pass along my experience with what I had to do to get both working in case others have the same problem:

Please note my E2 is connected to a Dell laptop Windows 7.

When I logged into CCR & turned on my E2 a message came up stating "your E2 drivers are installed is ready to work with CCR". I thought great nothing for me to do. Wrong!

Selected cut and I received my 'dreaded message'Crying ... no device available. ugh! After 5 seconds CCR showed 'device....oops forgot exact message'... this same message kept running over & over, & over. You may recall I sent my E2 back to PC because of this issue twice.

Anyhow, I shut down the E2 and CCR. Waited a few minutes and pulled up CCR but did not log in. I turned on my E2. Then I logged in to CCR no messages appeared. So far so good. I turned on my E2. No messages appeared so far so good.

Just for the heck of it (I really don't know I did this), I went into help and selected install drivers for E2. System message stated 'this feature is already running'. So I minimized my CCR screen and there was the E2 driver screen waiting for instructions. Told machine to continue installing the drivers and followed the instructions on the screen. I had to unplug the E2 & turn it back on.

Turned on my E2. Then I remembered I had to switch from my E to E2 in the 'options' screen.
Selected cut my E2 device came up, I selected the E2, the next screen showed my cartridge Ultimate Creative Series, I was cutting 4 balloons as a test. Note: I noticed this new feature where we can select pressure, speed, and mulii-cut. I'm wowed away with this feature. Love it.

So I chose my speed, pressure, mutli-cut options and the E2 started cutting. I did notice it took a few seconds to start cutting and then cut very slowly (probably my speed option...which was 3). But the ballons cut fine.

YEAH! everything is working. Hope to love my E2 as much as I love my E. Now I have to reread E2 instruction booklet cause I totally forgot how this machine works.

NOTE: I have two question:
I had 4 balloons on the mat; after the second balloon was cut the screen popped back to my main screen where you add images to the mat, it didn't stay on the cutting screen but it did continue to cut the other two balloons. The ballons cut fine.
Is this how the E2 & CCR now work?

Q2: The blade mechanism stayed at the end of the last balloon cut, similar to how the Gypsy works. I clicked on remove mat and the mat popped out & mechanism moved to its original starting place. Is this a new feature? I hope so.

HTH someone.

Best,
Mary R.
 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
dkocourekd5bcf2e5 on 2/19/2012(UTC)
#43 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:12:42 PM(UTC)
dkocourekd5bcf2e5

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
In CCR, did you select the E2 as your cutting device?

OMG OMG OMG OMG MARY!!!! I love you girl!!!!! If I could hit the thank you button a trillion times I would!!!!!!! I followed your exact instructions and it worked!!!!!!! I am so happy right now I am hysterically laughing and crying at the same time!! My hubby had to come and calm me down I was so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by user Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:24:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add

Mary R. Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:27:34 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
OMG OMG OMG OMG MARY!!!! I love you girl!!!!! If I could hit the thank you button a trillion times I would!!!!!!! I followed your exact instructions and it worked!!!!!!! I am so happy right now I am hysterically laughing and crying at the same time!! My hubby had to come and calm me down I was so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to respond so late to your wonderful post and thrilled that my post helped you. I almost deleted it thought it was too long & in reality 'who cares' about my E2 & fixes lol. Considering I'm not a techie we did okay and now can play.

Best,
Mary R.

Delia Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:36:54 PM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to respond so late to your wonderful post and thrilled that my post helped you. I almost deleted it thought it was too long & in reality 'who cares' about my E2 & fixes lol. Considering I'm not a techie we did okay and now can play.

Best,
Mary R.

Don't Delete it Mary...It might help someone else..

Most of us get our fixes by seeing how someone else fixed it..

Delia
nata_vasilakou9026e399 Offline
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:51:31 PM(UTC)
nata_vasilakou9026e399

i tried this but still nothing!