Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nollid4842ecb8 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 10:31:56 PM(UTC)
nollid4842ecb8

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My Friend Emailed this to Provo Craft this week after we both have called the company for answers with our problems with broken Gypsy and craftroom issues. These problems included that we physical own our cartridges and linked them to a gypsy and can't link them to the craftroom because they are link to a OUR gypsy. Plus when another friend that her gypsy died because she didn't use it much they advised yes this is a known issue (black screen because of lack of use!) and that she could buy another gypsy and mail it to them and they would install them on the new one. (Because they are such a good product ?!) and that she can't unlink them off of a dead gypsy to put them on craftroom! Craftroom was release over 2 years ago and still no update :( I should be able to use them on 1 gypsy and 1 craftroom account.

Please help us let provo craft know that we are loyal custormers that have invested alot of money and time into the company and feel that we are not treated fairly when they sold us a product (gypsy) that is known to break and won't replace it or refund our money and now they their delays keeping our cartridges locked in limbo. Cursing

To Whom it May Concern:

I personally have not had my gypsy screen die YET: but a few of my friends have. when calling they have been given vague answers like buy another one and we will transfer material--you aren't making them anymore, how can I get another one? Even if I paid up to 1,000 dollars on the internet, you have no reason why it broke , therefore how to prevent it from happening to another one.
I have been told also that when you get the program right, I can link my gypsy to cricut craft room. Apparently though, my cartridges have already been linked If they are on my gypsy and therefore cannot be linked to a craft room account. You never told the public that was the plan, nor that it has happened, therefore leading to panic and confusion among users.
I am both afraid to loose my material on my gypsy and leary of downloading to the craftroom, whenever that becomes available, due to your very slow and territorial nature in the past. I am highly expecting you to encourage us to transfer our material to craft room and then charge a monthly fee instead of being free. Thus trapping us into paying to access our own files.
Please, Please, Please, release a memo: let us customers know honestly and truthfully what is going on with the company and in what direction you are going with broken gypsies and the craft room updates. I personally own 2 cricuts have reccomended them to at least 10 people who have purchased and own 3 shelves double stacked with cartidges. This is a large investment to receive such non committal replies to.

confused and frustrated,
K**** B***
 1 user thanked nollid4842ecb8 for this useful post.
Steelwillow on 3/16/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 11:30:11 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Nathan posted on this MB about 2 wks ago that they are still trying to get the Gypsy to link the Cartridges to the CCR.

Here is the post: http://www.cricut.com/fo...-you-re-looking-for.aspx

Yes, PC has been working on this ever since they started CCR and yes, it should of been dome by now. PC should of hired the proper IT people to get the job done, their excuses are getting old. I wouldn't hold your breath because honestly, I don't think we will ever have that capability.

PC has been asked many, many, times by their long term, loyal consumers to allow us to unlink our Cartridges from the Gypsy due to; a) link to CCR, b) a customer's Gypsy died and had no desire to replace, c) when a Cartridge randomly disappears from your Gypsy that you had already linked to their Gypsy. I can almost guarantee you that PC will never, ever allow us to Unlink our Cartridges.

I loved my Gypsy until the last Update, now it starts to cut and stops, ALL the time. Updating, that has been an ongoing nightmare for years. I have been too busy to call CS but I will on Monday and know that I have a fight ahead of me.

I would try draining your Gypsy Battery, do a full charge, push the Reset Button on your Gypsy and if it's still isn't working then try updating. I would demand a FREE Replacement. Your Gypsy broken because you hadn't used it for a while is a BS excuse, my opinion of course.

Unfortunately, PC has decided Customer Satisfaction is NOT their priority, only the bottom line. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my Cricut Products and will never sell them but it may be time to add another Die Cutting Machine System.

Sorry for your problems, I wish I could help.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:18:09 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1924 time(s) in 944 post(s)
So, Your Gypsy goes black from lack of use????? I haven't touched mine since ccr came out. so do I need to start it up once in a while?
Tryna* Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:21:37 AM(UTC)
Tryna*

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 72 post(s)
What??? Are there problems with the new update? I just finished using my $50.00 credit and wanted to sync my G, but now I am afreard...

Has anyone else had problems with their recent updates?

Thanks,

Tryna
nollid4842ecb8 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:53:47 AM(UTC)
nollid4842ecb8

Customer service advised yes the black screen is a "known" problem and tht it was due to lack of use. However even admitting they know it is a problem they would offer no resonable solution besides buying another gypsy mailing both to them and they would put the linked cartridges on the old one and onto the new one.

Wow they sale a product that they new was faulty and wont fix it or resonablely solutions...I feel like they stole $100 from me and now my cartridges that are linked to it.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:54:10 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nollid4842ecb8 Go to Quoted Post
Customer service advised yes the black screen is a "known" problem and tht it was due to lack of use. However even admitting they know it is a problem they would offer no resonable solution besides buying another gypsy mailing both to them and they would put the linked cartridges on the old one and onto the new one.

Wow they sale a product that they new was faulty and wont fix it or resonablely solutions...I feel like they stole $100 from me and now my cartridges that are linked to it.

When the Gypsy was released, the black screen wasn't an issue. It wasn't identified until months later and the fix for the Black screen was released long ago. The problem seems to be that some owners haven't been updating their Gypsy for a variety of reasons.

Originally Posted by: Mercy Go to Quoted Post
Edited: February 26, 2012

This is a VERY important update that ALL G owners should do as this should update should keep your Gypsy from having the black screen of death. That is black screen and blue power light which pretty much renders your G inoperable!

RELEASE NOTES:

Gypsy® device firmware 0227 update – Available 02.09.12

This update includes the following:

Cutting to the Cricut Mini™ with the Gypsy® device:
• The Gypsy device must be updated to the 0227:0234 (0227 firmware and 0234 content) version through the Cricut® Sync program found at www.cricut.com/cricutsync
• The Cricut Mini firmware must be updated to Version .23 in order to communicate with the Gypsy device .
• If the Cricut Mini requires a firmware update, you will be prompted to visit Cricut Craft Room™ to perform this update when the Gypsy device is connected to the Cricut Mini machine. Simply follow the screen prompts to complete the update process in Cricut Craft Room.

*Note: Cricut Mini cannot be updated from Gypsy device.

Cricut Expression® 2 machines:
• This release supports all Cricut Expression 2 machines including those with the 1000 firmware version

Corrects the blue & black screen that some Gypsy® devices were experiencing:

• We strongly encourage ALL Gypsy device users to update their device to the newest version (0227:0234) through the Cricut® Sync program at www.cricut.com/cricutsync for best results.
• This update will prevent the black screen and blue light some Gypsy devices were experiencing; however, it does not repair them.
• If you have a Gypsy device displaying a black screen and blue light, please contact Cricut® support 1-877-727-4288 | Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST

Corrects Cricut® cartridge linking issues associated with the following cartridges:
• Pagoda
• Close to my Heart - Art Philosophy Cricut® Bundle
• Celebrate With Flourish
• Everyday Pop-Up Cards
• Cake Everyday Sampler

2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Tryna* on 3/16/2013(UTC), ~LN on 3/17/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:22:43 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
As a new Gypsy user I was afraid to update for a long time. Now I update when new updates come out, plus, I run a Sync everytime I buy a new digital cartridge. So, in just the last 2 months I have run a Gypsy sync 8 times. (yes, I have several digital carts).

I've either been very very lucky, or else the Grim Reaper doesn't have my IP address yet.
nollid4842ecb8 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:58:39 PM(UTC)
nollid4842ecb8

Updating the gypsy was painful and tookexpecially after the imagine came out, I also had to call custormer support and hard reset it once losing some files that wasn't synced.

Plus I never recieved or saw this notifactions by mail, email, or telephone.

The point is they knew this was an issue and continued to sell them and now wont refund or replace the gypsy if it has been over a year. Plus THEY won't UNLINK the cartridges to use on the craftroom.Angry

And why is it taking so long to fix craftroom, over 2 years and when I called last week they said another 4-6 monthes.

Edited by user Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:02:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more info

MamasScrappin Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:24:47 PM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Was thanked: 694 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I've done all the updates and my gypsy still got the black screen of death, so there wasn't any real fix for it. It still happens whether we've updated or not and in my opinion this device shouldn't have these issues. We have been technically advanced for quite a number of years. They have many gaming systems out and handheld gaming systems and lo and behold whether they are used or not don't get the black screen of death, so that is a very lame excuse. I enjoy my gypsy. I had to purchase a new one and send it back and wait for it to be returned to me. For those that are now losing their gypsys there doesn't seem to be any available for purchase, but that's the solution they are told still is to purchase a new one. Well, then make them available and get the issues resolved. This is just ridiculous. I don't come here very often anymore because of all the BS. It seems to me that PC has just kind of let things go and aren't doing anything to move ahead. We all don't want CCR, so why do we seem to be being pushed towards it? I would like to be able to continue to use my gypsy and my Cricut expression as I've spent tons of money on cartridges. I want my money's worth, not excuses.
 2 users thanked MamasScrappin for this useful post.
Tryna* on 3/17/2013(UTC), ~LN on 3/17/2013(UTC)
~LN Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:56:09 PM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 860 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MamasScrappin Go to Quoted Post
I've done all the updates and my gypsy still got the black screen of death, so there wasn't any real fix for it. It still happens whether we've updated or not and in my opinion this device shouldn't have these issues. We have been technically advanced for quite a number of years. They have many gaming systems out and handheld gaming systems and lo and behold whether they are used or not don't get the black screen of death, so that is a very lame excuse. I enjoy my gypsy. I had to purchase a new one and send it back and wait for it to be returned to me. For those that are now losing their gypsys there doesn't seem to be any available for purchase, but that's the solution they are told still is to purchase a new one. Well, then make them available and get the issues resolved. This is just ridiculous. I don't come here very often anymore because of all the BS. It seems to me that PC has just kind of let things go and aren't doing anything to move ahead. We all don't want CCR, so why do we seem to be being pushed towards it? I would like to be able to continue to use my gypsy and my Cricut expression as I've spent tons of money on cartridges. I want my money's worth, not excuses.

It was nice to see here even if it was a for just short time today!!
Crazyscraper Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:58:15 PM(UTC)
Crazyscraper

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I did contact cricut when my Gypsy got the black screen an blue light, all
they said (sorry,) buy a new one and send in the old. I have a peace of junk
that I can no longer use, I DO NOT buy any cricut any more, I have so much
money tied up in them now will not give them any more. I did buy a different
companys machine, I love it.

Fay!