Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ladybug Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:11:47 AM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Hiya! Well, the unthinkable just happened! I got blocked/banned from FaceBook for a week! Sad

Are you rolling on the floor, laughing your head off? LOL Well, my hubby was. He couldn't believe ME, of all people, would have that happen to them. BigGrin

This is how it all transpired:- As most of you know, I'm not FB savvy at all!! I just don't u/stand it at all. Sure, I can post comments and, if I'm lucky, I can post a thread. (but not usually! LOL )

Anyway, sorry I digress. BigGrin This BOX popped up (don't ask me HOW that came to be and what I clicked to get it!) w/ a WHOLE bunch of faces that I recognized from various MB's (even THIS one). And. . .it showed that they were FRIENDS of MY friends. There was a box next to their name. I think it said "send message" or something like that. I can't remember because I can't get on there to see it. LOL I thought these friendly faces (who were friends of my friends) were wanting to befriend ME! Silly me for thinking that!!!! Well, I started clicking on that tab, thinking I was befriending them. There was a whole slew of them. I thought --- wow! these people FOUND me and want to be my friend. BigGrin

NOPE!!!! As it turned out, a BUNCH of these friendly faces complained to FaceBook that they didn't know me. FaceBook contacted me and let me know this and then told me that I was blocked/banned from FB for a week!!!!

I had to check a box stating that I u/stood that FB was JUST for people that you knew!!! Well, WHY did these friends of my friends show up on MY FaceBook page?? I just didn't get any of it.

Consequently, I missed out on getting that Easter cartridge I wanted ---- because, you ready for it??? ---- I couldn't access the ScrapYard to comment or message the seller. Angry

But, all in all, it's just ONE WEEK that I've been put "in the corner", w/ a DUNCE hat on top of my head. LOL LOL
 1 user thanked Ladybug for this useful post.
troymimi75dc940a6f on 3/21/2013(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:29:40 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/1/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,894
Location: West Jordan Utah

Thanks: 49 times
Was thanked: 1143 time(s) in 532 post(s)
Oh that cracked me up! That is too funny....can I help you get the Easter cart? Let me know if I can, K?
cricaholic Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:43:15 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/12/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,041
Location: T E X A S

Thanks: 716 times
Was thanked: 1198 time(s) in 681 post(s)
Laugh Laugh Thank you for posting this!!!LOL LOL
Huh I want on FB but my family says NO, you can't handle it....
Flapper but its the lastest rage...EVERYONE is on FB...why can't I handle it??

Laugh Laugh Thanks to this post Laugh LOL LOL Never mind I see whyLaugh Laugh Laugh
 1 user thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
go-go Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:46:31 AM(UTC)
go-go

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,050
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 2070 times
Was thanked: 1722 time(s) in 711 post(s)
That is too funny! I hope you find an Easter cartridge. I have to start looking for one too. I loaned mine to someone & never got it back. I hate it when that happens!
Thanks for the laugh!
~Margo
 1 user thanked go-go for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:11:13 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 5,450
United States
Location: The Desert side of Oregon

Thanks: 365 times
Was thanked: 1459 time(s) in 1164 post(s)
Oh, that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!

My facebook tech just got married and moved away ( my youngest DD ) so I don't know what I will do now.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Sherri Kay Online
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:13:44 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,732
United States
Location: Minnesota

Thanks: 428 times
Was thanked: 2394 time(s) in 2146 post(s)
You are too funny! LOL
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
CraftyMichelle Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:23:02 PM(UTC)
CraftyMichelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/26/2013(UTC)
Posts: 87
Location: Ohio

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Wow....of all the crazy things to happen. Well at least it was only for a week.
 1 user thanked CraftyMichelle for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:23:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,830
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18321 times
Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
FB is one of the most impersonal ways to communicate I can think of. Emails are wonderful; but, when FB came along, all my email friends left me....so, eventually, I signed up for FB.

I really hate FB. It's so cold and very intimidating if you believe in God, because if you don't LIKE a post someone has made about God AND share it, you're most certainly doomed for h***! I won't click on them and I don't feel the least bit like God cares!

In our settings, we choose to SEE POSTS OF FRIENDS OF FRIENDS. That way, when your friends post, you'll more than likely see what their friends have to say and you can say what you want to say, too.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU ARE BEING SENT TO THE CORNER! You're probably the only sane one in your whole bunch of "friends of friends"!!

I know how you feel, though.

Char

 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:43:50 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/23/2012(UTC)
Posts: 5,323
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Thanks: 3218 times
Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 1717 post(s)
Oh Ladybug, the trouble you get in to...without even trying. Imagine the pot you could stir if you were actually in charge of the spoon! Sorry that happened though, especially since you missed out on that cart. I keep telling people I will get on FB, but still have not. Honestly, there are people I do not want to find me....awful I know, just would not know how to turn them down as friends....seems so cold and impersonal, so I would have a whole slew of things to look at all the time from people I did not want to find me in the first place. How do you all do it? I only have my email and this MB to contend with, and have a hard time making the time for them. Glad to know that I am not the only hold out, though I know my fate is sealed.....I have 4 tech savvy boys (DH & DS's) that will make my page for me if I do not do it at some point...lol! Try to see your Time Out as a vacay from the tech world. GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Ladybug Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:07:30 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
Oh that cracked me up! That is too funny....can I help you get the Easter cart? Let me know if I can, K?


Hiya Cris!

I know! Tooooo funny, eh?! BigGrin

Ahhh, thanks for the offer. I missed out on the FB page. But. . . a dear MB member just contacted me and I have now bought it from her!! BigGrin

Radbunny Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:10:03 PM(UTC)
Radbunny

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 130
Location: Arkansas

Thanks: 58 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Oh, Ladybug! That is so funny!! Well, sad but funny at the same time. :) Glad you were able to get that cartridge after all.

 1 user thanked Radbunny for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Ladybug Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:24:22 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
Laugh Laugh Thank you for posting this!!!LOL LOL
Huh I want on FB but my family says NO, you can't handle it....
Flapper but its the lastest rage...EVERYONE is on FB...why can't I handle it??

Laugh Laugh Thanks to this post Laugh LOL LOL Never mind I see whyLaugh Laugh Laugh


You might want to think twice about getting on there, now. Unless you want to sit in a corner. BigGrin

Ladybug Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:25:36 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post
That is too funny! I hope you find an Easter cartridge. I have to start looking for one too. I loaned mine to someone & never got it back. I hate it when that happens!
Thanks for the laugh!
~Margo


Yes, I did find an Easter cart. Thanks! BigGrin

You're welcome for the laugh!! Smile
Ladybug Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:27:21 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Oh, that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!

My facebook tech just got married and moved away ( my youngest DD ) so I don't know what I will do now.


BigGrin

My FB techie is just a phone call away but I think I'm going to limit my FB time, even more than I had been. BigGrin

Ladybug Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:28:23 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
You are too funny! LOL


Yeh, only me, eh? BigGrin

Ladybug Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:29:35 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyMichelle Go to Quoted Post
Wow....of all the crazy things to happen. Well at least it was only for a week.


I discovered that it was a ploy by FB itself. Seeing as I'm not on there much, I won't be missing anything. I found the cart. I was after. BigGrin

Ladybug Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:30:39 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
FB is one of the most impersonal ways to communicate I can think of. Emails are wonderful; but, when FB came along, all my email friends left me....so, eventually, I signed up for FB.

I really hate FB. It's so cold and very intimidating if you believe in God, because if you don't LIKE a post someone has made about God AND share it, you're most certainly doomed for h***! I won't click on them and I don't feel the least bit like God cares!

In our settings, we choose to SEE POSTS OF FRIENDS OF FRIENDS. That way, when your friends post, you'll more than likely see what their friends have to say and you can say what you want to say, too.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU ARE BEING SENT TO THE CORNER! You're probably the only sane one in your whole bunch of "friends of friends"!!

I know how you feel, though.

Char



BigGrin

Ladybug Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:33:04 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Godot's Girl Go to Quoted Post
Oh Ladybug, the trouble you get in to...without even trying. Imagine the pot you could stir if you were actually in charge of the spoon! Sorry that happened though, especially since you missed out on that cart. I keep telling people I will get on FB, but still have not. Honestly, there are people I do not want to find me....awful I know, just would not know how to turn them down as friends....seems so cold and impersonal, so I would have a whole slew of things to look at all the time from people I did not want to find me in the first place. How do you all do it? I only have my email and this MB to contend with, and have a hard time making the time for them. Glad to know that I am not the only hold out, though I know my fate is sealed.....I have 4 tech savvy boys (DH & DS's) that will make my page for me if I do not do it at some point...lol! Try to see your Time Out as a vacay from the tech world. GG


LOL LOL OMG, I was ROTFLMBO over that one!!! And. . . . it's sooooooo TRUE!!! BigGrin

I found the cart!!! WhoooHooo! Some dear soul on this MB contacted me. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Ladybug for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Ladybug Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:34:54 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Radbunny Go to Quoted Post
Oh, Ladybug! That is so funny!! Well, sad but funny at the same time. :) Glad you were able to get that cartridge after all.



LOL Yeh, I totally fell for it! BigGrin

Yeppers, a sweet soul on this MB saved the day for me w/ that cart. search. BigGrin

ImTheNana Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:00:15 PM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2012(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ladybug Go to Quoted Post
As it turned out, a BUNCH of these friendly faces complained to FaceBook that they didn't know me.


The sad thing is that the people who 'complained', probably didn't even know they'd done so, and/or that it'd harm you. When you get a friend request (and it's lousy that FB prompts for them like that, and then punishes you for following through), you can decline, for whatever reason, and then you are asked a simple yes/no if you know the person.

I've gotten heaps of requests via my husband, from people I don't know. However, I am very selective who I befriend, and keep a very limited friends list of family, close friends, family of friends, and a few others only if I've met them in person (and I want them accessing my photos of my granddaughters). I didn't know for a long time that selecting 'no' was harmful to the person making the request. Now I just shut the box without replying so I don't harm innocent people who simply wanted to befriend me online.
 1 user thanked ImTheNana for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Maggiesmama53 Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:12:18 PM(UTC)
Maggiesmama53

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/31/2010(UTC)
Posts: 214
Location: Ohio

Thanks: 181 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Oh that's way to funny! Don't feel bad about not understanding FB. I won't attempt FB! I'm lucky I can follow this MB and then NOT!Flapper
 1 user thanked Maggiesmama53 for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Cricutgirlg Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 3:01:05 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/16/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,199
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 137 times
Was thanked: 425 time(s) in 302 post(s)
I'm glad you found your Easter cart. I joined for my nephews who never talk to me and their dad my brother told me I had to join it if I wanted to talk to them. I hate being there, I've been contacted by so many people I am not interested in ever knowing. Mostly, people I don't know and people who were friends of my DH that I barely knew. I refuse to friend any of them. If you aren't family I won't friend you. I have 6 friends and I'm keeping it that way. I've liked a few scrapbook companies, but that's about it. I just don't find it fun out there. My nephews blocked their photos, so I stopped scrapping them. I rarely go there.
 1 user thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Cindy100 Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 8:45:46 AM(UTC)
Cindy100

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/10/2007(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: Houstin Tx

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That is so funny, sounds like something I would do!!
 1 user thanked Cindy100 for this useful post.
Ladybug on 3/22/2013(UTC)
Ladybug Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:48:28 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ImTheNana Go to Quoted Post
The sad thing is that the people who 'complained', probably didn't even know they'd done so, and/or that it'd harm you. When you get a friend request (and it's lousy that FB prompts for them like that, and then punishes you for following through), you can decline, for whatever reason, and then you are asked a simple yes/no if you know the person.

I've gotten heaps of requests via my husband, from people I don't know. However, I am very selective who I befriend, and keep a very limited friends list of family, close friends, family of friends, and a few others only if I've met them in person (and I want them accessing my photos of my granddaughters). I didn't know for a long time that selecting 'no' was harmful to the person making the request. Now I just shut the box without replying so I don't harm innocent people who simply wanted to befriend me online.


I think what my "main problem" was the fact that I had been "befriending" too many peeps all at once. Their red flag was raised ---- noooooo, it prob. blew up in the sky! LOL LOL

Ladybug Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:49:37 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maggiesmama53 Go to Quoted Post
Oh that's way to funny! Don't feel bad about not understanding FB. I won't attempt FB! I'm lucky I can follow this MB and then NOT!Flapper


I just wish I could remember how to find the "main page". I go thru this cycle every time. LOL

Ladybug Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:51:42 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
I'm glad you found your Easter cart. I joined for my nephews who never talk to me and their dad my brother told me I had to join it if I wanted to talk to them. I hate being there, I've been contacted by so many people I am not interested in ever knowing. Mostly, people I don't know and people who were friends of my DH that I barely knew. I refuse to friend any of them. If you aren't family I won't friend you. I have 6 friends and I'm keeping it that way. I've liked a few scrapbook companies, but that's about it. I just don't find it fun out there. My nephews blocked their photos, so I stopped scrapping them. I rarely go there.


Thanks, Cricutgirl! BigGrin I love the li'l "bitten off ear" bunny!! BigGrin

Ladybug Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 4:52:45 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/9/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,405
Canada
Location: BC

Thanks: 2346 times
Was thanked: 2946 time(s) in 1706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cindy100 Go to Quoted Post
That is so funny, sounds like something I would do!!


BigGrin

Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.309 seconds.
nebo-cricut-04