Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<678910>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#211 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 4:50:42 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 636 post(s)
The wreath is super springy and Easter-y looking too! Makes me smile...
Scraprageous Offline
#212 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:39:24 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Great wreath - definitely springy!

Can't wait for spring to arrive here, but with all the snow, it will be a bit. So I have to be content making plans for my garden boxes/beds. Experimented with raised gardens last year - got everything built, then injury so I didn't get to do much with them. A dear friend came and got my flower beds in order and a lot of the garden planted for me and things were in bloom when we had a tour group come by.

Barring injury, I hope to expand the raised boxes - they are easy to work with and we even used the cricut to 'beautify' the old/recycled wood we used. How? I need to find the photos (or take more this spring) - we took old tiles that were to be tossed and cut basic shapes out using the cricut. Serenade Butterflies, a moose, deer, dragonflies. Then we put them onto the large tiles (12" or larger), sealed and put them around the flower boxes. Turned out beautifully. Under snow now or I would take another photo BigGrin Will see how it looks this spring. Hoping all sealing stayed tight!

Well - off to work - have a great day!
JeanP Offline
#213 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:26:16 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
HELLO from sunny ARUBA!!!
(no snow here)BigGrin
planlady19 Offline
#214 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:22:26 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
HELLO from sunny ARUBA!!!
(no snow here)BigGrin

You are so funny!!!!! Hope you are having a great vacation and can't wait to see pictures when you return so I can drool all over them..

ok waiting again on another snow storm GRRRRRR but this time only 3 to 6 inches but since they really missed the mark the last time and we did not get any i am hoping they are wrong again..

i am going to hide from the world today and play in my craft room. once i get it straighten up again.. LOL and hope to get my cards done today.. I have only started on them about three times and then something happens and I never get past the ok which one do I want to make stage.. LOL

have a wonderful week everyone.

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#215 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:25:08 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

this would be a good week for everyone to check in please before you all get busy next weekend with Easter.

Gosh, just think....after Easter weekend, it will be APRIL and the countdown will begin for working towards completion of this swap! I can see the DD sneaking right up on me!

Several of you have been having fun crafting new ideas thanks to Kelley - the mousetraps, the paintbrushes, etc. and maybe you can repeat some of that inspiration from those swaps to this swap and send your SS something new and refreshing! After all, isn't spring all about new beginnings and the refreshing scents of spring flowers and grasses!!??

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:28:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#216 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:42:25 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

boy did I really screw up in 2012!!

You are going to faint away....

So I'm working on our taxes and I discover that I did not go shopping at the craft stores in APRIL, JULY, or SEPTEMBER!

THREE months! How in heck's name did I goof up like that???????????

I didn't even online order in April! Nada! And I wasn't sick either....just busy! ha ha!

I really didn't think it was possible to have a month with no crafting expenses! I probably went to the PO though....to send out swaps...

The little things that amaze us....
CandyHazzard Offline
#217 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:29:08 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
checking in ... I will try and get this one finished next weekend, as after that Kayleigh starts dancing every weekend, so I'm not going to have a lot of crafting time
Jen Offline
#218 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:14:46 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Checking in, got up early and got a few things done (including prep dinner) and then went to my craft room for several hours. Hubby put dinner in, we ate, cleaned up and then I got a few more things done and now I am back in my craft room just working away. Will finish another directive tonight.
DeniseE Offline
#219 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:50:38 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
JCI.....snowing and raining and cold today. Been holed up in my craft room getting caught up. My great niece is playing the lead in The Little Mermaid for her school, and I have been helping with props and stuff. All I have left to do for them is make 6 drawstring purses with flowers and jewels...this swap is moving along. Still a week to figure out, but it will be done on time.

Denise
amylendall Offline
#220 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 3:42:32 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Checking in good thing we still have time because I am behind guess I will be trying to do some catching up this week as next week I will be busy trying to get the heck out of here. Going camping for the weekend. Hoping for good weather but it is also suppossed to be general conference weekend and for some reason it slways seems to at least rain here that weekend every year.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#221 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:16:35 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Check in needed from the following, please:

DeniseKenna (when gets back from cruise)

EvelynRobinson (last post 12 days ago)

Denise was going on cruise from 2nd to 16th.....so 10 days has passed since the end of the cruise....time to check in with us here please.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:29:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

craftymomof2 Offline
#222 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:25:28 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI- I worked on this swap this past weekend. I am liking my items so far. Hope everyone is having a great week. The kiddos are out of school so DD is loving time with my MIL. DS is home with me. 2 more nights to work then a long weekend. Whoo hoo!

Hugs, Lana
ScrappinGwen Offline
#223 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:54:35 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Good news everyone! Jean is back from Aruba! That means sunny days are here as I'm sure she brought back the sunshine and warmth for us!

(or she better have...or there will be no candy in her basket from the Easter Bunny!)

Now I just need to hear from DeniseKenna. She didn't say she was continuing her vacation after the 2 week cruise.....so I have no idea why she hasn't checked in yet with us. I was looking forward to hearing about her cruise thru the Panama Canal too! And whether she liked the ship and stuff as we are trying to plan a cruise for later this year.

I've heard some feedback from others that their recent cruises were cheapened as compared to prior years, so I'm all confused on what to choose now! And then all these disabled ships too! Scarey!
Scraprageous Offline
#224 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:07:46 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
JCI - hectic as always - I don't know what I would do if I were 'bored' ROFLMAO

Still progressing. One idea did NOT work at all - cool in my mind, just haven't figured out quite how to get it assembled.

Oh well - looking forward to some scrappy time this weekend as we aren't traveling.
DeniseKenna Offline
#225 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 9:46:02 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
I'm Here, I'm Here!!!!

Catching kids up on science fair projects and testing, applying for school lotteries, interviewing for a job and getting out from under 2 weeks of mail and 18 inches of new snow! I may never take another vacation during the school year again!

It was FANTASTIC to be in warm sunny places and not have to prepare a meal, make a bed etc!

Panma Canal was not what I expected at all! I thought it would be very industrial with tons of ships around, and wider than it was.

We swam with turtles, went to the sloth sanctuary (my favorite), floated in the caves in Belize. Phenominal!

The Celebrity Cruise line was fantastic. Great shows and fun stuff to do! Highly recommend them.

Now I'm off to lock myself in my craft room ready for me and my tape runner time!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#226 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 7:06:02 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I am SOOOO glad to hear from you! Thanks for checking in!

And so glad you had a wonderful time on the cruise.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#227 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:14:34 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
I'm Here, I'm Here!!!!

Catching kids up on science fair projects and testing, applying for school lotteries, interviewing for a job and getting out from under 2 weeks of mail and 18 inches of new snow! I may never take another vacation during the school year again!

It was FANTASTIC to be in warm sunny places and not have to prepare a meal, make a bed etc!

Panma Canal was not what I expected at all! I thought it would be very industrial with tons of ships around, and wider than it was.

We swam with turtles, went to the sloth sanctuary (my favorite), floated in the caves in Belize. Phenominal!

The Celebrity Cruise line was fantastic. Great shows and fun stuff to do! Highly recommend them.

Now I'm off to lock myself in my craft room ready for me and my tape runner time!

Sounds awesome!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#228 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:36:32 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Happy Easter everyone!

I can't believe there is only 3 weeks left before this swap closes! Me thinks I'll be having some late nights this next couple of weeks, crafting away...

Still need Evelyn to check in this week please, once the busy-ness of the holiday calms down.

I hit the craft stores yesterday but not really too much new stuff out to drool over. Though I got the impression that M's is re-arranging to make room for new inventory in their backroom. So guess I'll have to go back up and check that out soon!

It must be time for some new TH products to hit the shelves!

I did see in an email from an online store that his hitch fasteners are coming back out this month! I loved them a couple years ago and never could understand why they went off the shelves. I've been afraid to use mine up on projects so I can't wait to order a new pkg. for my stash! lol

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#229 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 6:25:08 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 131 post(s)
JCI --

Evelyn
ScrappinGwen Offline
#230 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 12:36:12 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

off topic here...but does anyone have any experience with any of the following phones to compare to say whether you like them or don't like them? We are upgrading and have no idea which one to choose from our free options:

Thanks

1. Samsung Galaxy stratosphere II

2. Nokia Lumia 822

3. Droid razr M

4. Apple iphone 4

5. Samsung galaxy stellar

6. Pantech Marauder
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#231 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 8:02:35 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 131 post(s)
This morning I had to check in very quickly and tonight I wanted to check in and let you know I am coming along very nicely with my project. It doesn't seem we are getting very close to the end. I am really starting to get nervous now. My SS outlined things very well for me so that part wasn't too difficult. It was fun getting her things ready and then when I started making the final products, I really started feeling the pressure. It just seemed too easy. At the very beginning, I panicked because I thought it was too hard and now I am in a panic because I think I have done something wrong because I didn't have any trouble putting it together. Do you suppose it was because our hostess gave me some great help at the beginning as to how to put it together? She explained it so well that I just took off with it. So now, I am nervous again. Oh dear. I'll be so happy when my SS receives her package and then I can have one big happy smile. This was a great challenge and I am so glad I hung in there. It truly gave me a new way to look at things and not stay so stuffy with swaps. LOL. Thanks so much for hosting such a terrific swap.

Evelyn
ScrappinGwen Offline
#232 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 3:52:27 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thank you Evelyn for the kind words!

It is true that this type of partner swap with so many requirements can be a little scary at first until you figure out how to get started. So I am glad that I was able to point you in the right direction.

We are all here to help each other....and have fun along the way!
Jen Offline
#233 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:41:49 AM(UTC)
Jen

Hope everyone had a nice Easter/Passover. My dil was sick and dgd was getting sick and cutting 5 teeth. So dil was not here on Easter.

Was able to work in my craft room a couple days over a long 4 days break. Another item almost finished. Time does fly while your having fun. I have been carving out more time for my paper crafting. I love having a craft room that lets me leave things out and come back to them later. DH will be gone Saturday for a hunting/gun show so I will have the house to myself all day Saturday too.

Gwen, We have the Droid Razor M. It has a nice sized screen, is pretty slim and for the most part its a user friendly phone. Now I use mine for calls, texts, check email and to pass time checking out things on line waiting for appointments. It also has a nice camera and of course I have a few apps like M's, the grocery store, ink pad where I can make a grocery list or reminders to take with me and such on it. Oh and I use it for my alarm clock too. I am not the most cell phone savy person so if I can use it any one can - lol.

Have a good week every one.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#234 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:14:56 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

DH is still researching or asking buddies about phones, but looks like we will upgrade to iphone for both of us...a 5 for him and a 4S for me.

So we shall see.

I believe I will be changing the DD for this swap to the end of April, giving us another week. I originally was going to have the DD be end of April, but thought if I first posted it a week earlier, then it would spur you all on to craft away a little faster. But now that we're in the final weeks, I thought I'd let you all know that you'll have another week/weekend to finish up.
 3 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
DeniseE on 4/3/2013(UTC), DeniseKenna on 4/3/2013(UTC), Scraprageous on 4/3/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#235 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:40:03 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Extended DDs are always a plus but I just finished the swap I'm mailing this week, so this one's next to finish anyway. BigGrin I guess I can't procrastinate those cards much longer...Scared
planlady19 Offline
#236 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:04:00 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
oh extended dd would be great..

cob i know the cards seem to be the easiest and the hardest for me..

I can't help on the phone side.. I still have a dumb phone as I call it.. i can text but that is all no e mail or anything.. I have other gadgets for that.. kindle hd and my laptop.. but i am think that later in the year I would like to upgrade as it is my turn for and upgrade..

have to get my behind in gear and get busy.. have all my supplies just need to put them together. but if you are extending it will give me extra time to procrastinate...LOL I won't have to worry about mailing before leaving for dd's..

terri
CandyHazzard Offline
#237 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:35:13 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Just finished the 52 week swap, so this one is next on my list ... I made two items the first couple of weeks, and nothing since
Jen Offline
#238 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:04:38 AM(UTC)
Jen

Thanks for the extension Gwen, it' s nice to have just in case.

My daughter has an I - Phone 5, of course she just had to have it but now says her 4 - S would have been fine and she could of waited a little longer for the next one - lol. But on the plus side she was able to sell her previous I - Phones after she hot the newest version so at least they are not sitting around not getting used. Not sure if I need all the features of the I - Phone. But it seems a lot of people like have them and swear by them. Of course my daughter has gone to an Apple Laptop as well and now prefers Apple.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#239 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:12:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the extension Gwen, it' s nice to have just in case.

My daughter has an I - Phone 5, of course she just had to have it but now says her 4 - S would have been fine and she could of waited a little longer for the next one - lol. But on the plus side she was able to sell her previous I - Phones after she hot the newest version so at least they are not sitting around not getting used. Not sure if I need all the features of the I - Phone. But it seems a lot of people like have them and swear by them. Of course my daughter has gone to an Apple Laptop as well and now prefers Apple.

I don't know if DH made his decision yet on what he is getting for himself...but I will pass this info on to him! lol He did order the iphone4s for me this morning. I will be beside myself once that arrives! That is the downside of doing DayCare this past 10 years...I've become so ignorant about all this new tech stuff!

I looked up the iphone5 this morning and I must admit it looks pretty neat! Makes me wonder how they can even begin to improve on the next model!

Mind blowing, for sure, how these gadgets upgrade so quickly!

DeniseKenna Offline
#240 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:26:26 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
DH is still researching or asking buddies about phones, but looks like we will upgrade to iphone for both of us...a 5 for him and a 4S for me.

So we shall see.

I believe I will be changing the DD for this swap to the end of April, giving us another week. I originally was going to have the DD be end of April, but thought if I first posted it a week earlier, then it would spur you all on to craft away a little faster. But now that we're in the final weeks, I thought I'd let you all know that you'll have another week/weekend to finish up.

Had to double check the date to make sure the date to make sure you weren't April Fooling usLOL
Thanks for the extension!