Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8182838485>»
Dbson Offline
#2461 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:19:10 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Renate....hope your day is a great one.....are you celebrating in any special way?

What a storm that rolled in early this morning, WOW......sure glad I had everything unplugged....this is some wild weather we are having, saw all the snow/interstate pile up/closures.....

Yesterday I managed to finish off the stack of cards I had waiting to put together, still have some stamped images but they can go in my 'stash'. Getting the stamps together my cousin wants me to bring when we go..if we get to go....still a 'big' if right now....

Good morning to all, I am off to find something for breakfast, then get dressed for church....have a great day.....

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:25:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gramma Offline
#2462 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:37:35 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Happy Birthday Renate.... my PC is up and running, sorta...Huh

Program software issues are driving me crazy, but my SIL will be up from Maryland this coming weekend and I'm hoping he can sort them out. Otherwise its a ThumpUp .

Grey here today.. again... looking for that darm groundhog so I can smack him!

Stay warm all and take care.

Hugz,
Gramma
housefullofrotties Offline
#2463 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:00:37 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy Birthday, Renate! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Hello to everyone. Hope the weekend treated you all well.

Pat~Was your Saturday more productive than you had hoped? Fingers crossed that you were able to get all your society work done today.

Deb~Glad you were safe during the storms. Good job on getting so many cards done. Painting isn't one of our favorite things either. I like coming up with the colors and plan, but not the execution itself!

Gramma~Hooray for SIL being there soon so he can help!

Still sick! This is almost laughable! Brad thinks he's getting sick too. Or at least that's his story to prevent him from finishing the last wall!Wink Spent a lot of time cleaning one curio cabinet...filled with Precious Moments. Holy dust. Just a little more needs to be done. Made lasagna for dinner last night and then made the Easter cards. Wrote them out today, made Brad a lemon fluff dessert and just put a tator tot casserole in the oven. I did get many hours of sleep each night but I just don't feel rested at all. I'm hoping for an early bedtime tonight. My main goal for the week is to get all my tax stuff out so I can get those done.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jess
RGK Offline
#2464 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:20:46 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Thank you for all the birthday wishes. It's been a quiet day except for the phone calls from one sister, ecards from the other siblings, calls from son and DGS and just a few minutes ago from DD. Eldest sent early morning text. We went out to eat Friday night for my birthday and DH's which is next Sunday. One of the things DH and I got was an edible fruit basket. Great fruit, we've been eating alot while it is fresh.
We got snow this morning for a couple of hours, then it stopped, the snow melted but started again a short while ago. Could get 6-9", we'll see what the morning holds. Phyllis, how much snow are you getting?
Deb, that's a lot of cards you got done. Good idea to cook enough for 2 nights, I do that a lot too.--I've been playing most of the day since we already celebrated. Lot of scanning yesterday, and working on my cards today. I also bagged the cards for my next box which I will ship sometime this week. I've pretty much exhausted my stash of CFS cards, except for some seasonal cards. I have a new POC for the cards, the CPT is coming home and the box will go to her successor.
Gramma, glad to see you are back. I can feel your frustration, not having a PC for so long and then still having problems. I hope they will be resolved soon. I'll keep thinking of you and hope your test results will be as you and your dr expect.
Jess, sorry you are still harboring that stubborn cold. Hope you and DH don't pass it back and forth. I don't like painting either. A couple of spare rooms need a change of color - lavender and 'flowers' in one and baby pastels in the other one - those colors really have to go. Like you said, picking the colors is one thing, painting is something else.--Our taxes are still waiting too. Not a favorite thing at all. Maybe this week.
I think I'll have another piece of pineapple dipped in chocolate and icing and then back to my cards.
Have a great evening. Hello to all stopping by. Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2465 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:44:19 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. It's been a busy day for me, cooking, getting another order out and watching basketball (that took a lot of my time, LOL). Ohio State sure gave us a scare but they pulled it out at the last few seconds. Indiana was scary too. Got the kitchen cleaned up and now I'm going to work on some cards I think.

Renate, sounds like you had a great birthday. Wish your DH Happy Birthday also. I'm thinking my units come home in May, hope I'll know in time. I'm sure the one you gave me will notify me but I'm not sure about the other one. I sent him a note in the last shipment but haven't heard anything from him. We have had the same type weather today that you have had, they're still saying accumulation overnight but right now it's not doing anything.

Jess, hope Brad doesn't get sick but that usually happens when you live together. We keep hand cleaner around all the time to keep from spreading the germs but sometimes that doesn't work. Hope he was able to finish that wall, after all, you fed him good LOL. That lemon fluff dessert sounds yummy. I made a beef roast, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot today, plus home made yeast rolls. I was hoping to have enough for tomorrow too but the roast sure did shrink, and of course, the dogs have to have some too.

Gramma, hope your SIL can sort out your PC issues. Sending positive prayers and hugs for your test results. Yeah, the groundhog sure did goof up this year.

Deb, looks like you're getting some of the same weather but in the form of rain instead of snow. I see you're still making bread, are you using the KA starter?

Pat, hope your weekend was productive. How was the crop? Jess mentioned that bad T word, I have to get ours done too, I put it off until the last minute since we always owe, haven't seen a refund in years. I made a cute little make and take at A's yesterday, a little bunny basket, so cute.

Hope everyone has a good night, TTFN.

#2466 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:37:58 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! My runny nose and I wish you all a good day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2467 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 10:22:39 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Monday......I see some of you got snow, we have 42* with wind, feels like 32....so I am staying in the rest of the day, Gracie had a hair cut this morning, hubby had his dental appt and he is in bad shape right now....dentist had to drill/pull/drill/pull.....could NOT get it numbed up...he said this was the most pain 'ever' in his life with dental work...

Pat 'BOO' to your snow, I saw your comment on FB, I believe I can finish your statementBigGrin BigGrin, hope it doesn't last long...

Renate I saw you were gifted with snow too on your birthday, wasn't mother nature good to youLOL LOL..

Gramma glad you have a running PC, I know you will be happy to have all the issues settled, hope SIL fixes it up....

Phyllis I do make the KA bread, but also continue with the other starters too....in fact sent a pan of cinnamon rolls to the dental office this morning....

Hello to everyone that drops by, I need to check my pot of veggie soup....need to see if my friend wants some for supper, I can not cook for just us two.....later.....

Edited by user Monday, March 25, 2013 10:46:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#2468 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:53:22 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Good afternoon, from the melting snowy wonderland. Woke up to maybe 2 inches, got maybe an inch more and while it continued to snow, it was melting faster than it was coming down. Never did accumulate on the roads or the sidewalks. Hopefully, Mother Nature has gotten winter out of her system and will move on to Spring. It would be in her best interest. We will be in the 50's the rest of the week, which is still 10* below normal.

Deb, I figured most people could finish my FB comment. LOL I was definitely caught off guard. Jim did work from home, since at 5am he wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Well, the crop on Saturday was the worst one I have attended in a really long time. I can't say anything on FB. We were packed in a space that was too small and the chairs were uncomfortable. The host apologized for how things turned out. This was her first time using their ballroom space and we had to share it with a wedding reception (divided by those walls). They got 2/3 and we got 1/3. We really needed half. Oh well. I will be rethinking doing the crop again if they use that room.
I was some what productive, but I was miserable from the seating , making it hard to be focused. I did finish a few layouts that were mostly done already and I got a start on a few more. I am going to try to finish them all up this week.

I received a huge box of CFS that I wasn't expecting. This is the 2nd box from this gal. They are beautiful and appear to be from a SU group. This will give me plenty of cards to send to the ship.

Phyllis, I am with you on the taxes. No matter how much we pay in through the year, we still owe.

Well, I need t get back to photo captions, so I can call these pages DONE!!!
RGK Offline
#2469 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 4:12:17 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, still snowy here, on and off all day but not much additional accumulation. Deb, wasn't I lucky yesterday LOL. We broke a record for the day that stood since 1912 when they got 5.8". We got over 6". Sorry your hubby had to endure so much pain at the dentist. Was it Gracie's first haircut? How different does she look? Vegetable soup sounds yummy. I agree on cooking for 2, hard to do.
Phyllis, I passed your bday wishes on to DH -thank you. I thought the CPT of the unit was just arriving?? Hope your snow will soon be gone. Did you get the shadow-box/dress order done?
Our mailbox was hit while I was at work today. DH did not see or hear it but a neighbor saw a 'contractor' plow truck come through early afternoon. I called the township office to report it. They will investigate and get back with us. The mailbox/pole is slanting heavily. It's the 2nd time in the 6 years or so we have been living here.
Jess, how are you and your runny nose doing? Are you leaving it behind? Made it through Monday, hope you feel better soon.
Pat, sorry about the poor crop experience. It had to be awkward, not just for your group but also for the wedding reception, separated by 'the wall'. Glad you got at least some of your pages done.
Not much going on here. I spent most of yesterday in my room, working on cards and then the mess in the room. It looks a little better, less cluttered. I can handle the work-mess but papers everywhere drive me crazy. I need to commit to my CFS count but I'm hoping to get more than my usual 50 done. I have about 40 done so far.
Hello to Gramma, Karen, Joanne.....have a great evening...Renate
#2470 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:42:23 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Tuesday! Have a productive day! I'm off to a pokey start.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2471 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:52:15 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, my gosh....it is cold again today......wind chill is making it bout 28*....brrrr.....guess I best be glad I wasn't born any further north.....

Picked my friend up, walked 30 minutes at the local church....they have a wonderful track...we are planning to go every day we can, got there about 7:25 and we were the first to arrive.....

Jess how is the cold?

Renate something worse happened to my sis/BIL's mailbox a few years ago....guess the postal person got tired of 'wondering about their address' and used something to paint the numbers on their pole....let me just say it didn't go over very well with them and that person was quickly reported....have to say our regular mailman is great....boo on the snow....

Pat sorry about the bad crop facility/space.....

Hubby is still in bad pain, dentist called last night to check on him, he finally got to take out the bottom partial.....veggie soup was great, shared with my bro and neighbor/her hubby....

Scary situation a couple doors from us....saw the fire dept, rescue truck, ambulance go up the street, stopped and found out the hubby is sick/cancer or something....but it wasn't him....their 2 or 3 year old grandson decided he wanted to go 'swimming' and jumped in their pool, mother went, her dad 'the sick one' tried to get them out, he was unable to get them both, about that time the son drove up and finally everyone was saved....child/mom were carried to ER to check out since the weather/water was so cold...a miracle no one drowned....no one would have heard their cries for help everyone was inside due to the cold temps.....

Hello to everyone that drops in, I need to bake something sweet for hubby to have tonight.....found a recipe for a chocolate coca cola cake and think I will try that today.....later....

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:17:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#2472 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:08:27 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon... been a busy day for me, but I can't seem to get caught up. I still have a few things to finish up on the pages for the society album. I try to take it when possible as everyone seems to enjoy looking at it. I can only take it if we drive to the meeting. Anyway, I keep having interruptions for other society stuff that it seems no one else can take care of. What is wrong with this picture?? I really need to quit being so efficient.

Deb, that is a scary thing about the little neighbor. Glad everyone is ok though.
I have never made a coca cola cake, but I have seen recipes. I hope yours turns out. I have an abundance of Meyer lemons and I am going to make some mini bundt cakes and scones with them. Not sure when I will have time, but it has to be in the next couple days.

Renate, I have a messy work room right now, because I have several projects spread out. It drives me crazy. I have a cut I need to do for one LO and I can't seem to get it sized right. Until I get it cut, I can't put that pile away. The other pile is the photo labels for a society page. I need to trim them and get them on the page.

Gramma, your cards arrived yesterday and I was careful when I slit the box open. I Wub the little goodies you always put in for me. I really like the tea stamps you used on the note holder.

Hello to everyone else.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:45:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phyllis Offline
#2473 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:12:36 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Not much productivity here today, what's new? LOL. Back and forth to the car dealer to get DH's oil changed, then a trip to Kohls. I finished the frame for my friend, it turned out pretty good considering it was a regular frame not a shadow box frame. I think she will be happy with it. I need to take a picture of it, I'm letting some last minute decorations on the frame dry. I didn't do much decorating on the frame.

Pat, hope you get that cut done so you can proceed on your pages. We didn't have much snow, maybe a couple inches but it was not sticking to the roads here either.

Deb, scary about the neighbors, hope they are OK. Poor DH, that would make me stay away from the dentist for a long time. I've heard of a coca cola cake but never made one.

Renate, the unit that your contact Jennifer gave me, did not indicate when they were coming home, hers is leaving mid-April but she didn't say when on the name she gave me. Sorry about your mailbox, ours got taken out this winter also, it seems ours is a target since DH is replacing it about once a year. I had it all decorated up one summer, I was so proud of it and it only lasted a few days. DH says the uglier the better so I don't decorate it anymore.

Jess, happy Friday to you and your runny nose. Hope you are feeling better. I love your new paint job, great color combo.

Think I'll turn in soon, been having some nausea, not sure what that's all about.
#2474 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:43:25 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning! Hope everyone has a fabulous day! Phyllis, my (still) runny nose and I thank you for the thoughts but it's kind of a tease to wish us a happy Friday when we haven't made it through Wednesday yet.BigGrin Wink
Hoping to check in later!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2475 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:11:14 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good middle of the week to you all...got my walk in this morning, found an app for my phone so I can keep up with laps/time. The cake turned out great, I did have to cook it a bit longer/@ a lower temp than the recipe said, which isn't uncommon for me to adjust temps. DGD and a friend came by for a visit last night, she is out of school this week....she worked on her invitations at her other grandmother's house.

Hubby's mouth is much better today, still sore but he isn't in too much pain.

Jess how is the cold? I see still a runny nose.....two more days till the weekend....

Phyllis I know your friend will love the frame....can't wait to see pictures....

Pat hope you can get all those LO's finished....I have most of the cards done on my desk, but still have a few in a box to go thru/put together.

Gramma how is the PC holding up? When do you go for your test?

Hello to Reante, Karen and Joanne...and anyone else that might drop in, I am off to get a shower, need to run a few errands...church later this afternoon and if I can get the sermon notes, I can get the bulletin done while we are there....
Phyllis Offline
#2476 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:31:41 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Happy Wednesday, sorry Jess, don't know how Friday got in there. I must have been half asleep. LOL, but just getting it in early.

Deb, how nice to get a visit from your DGD. Glad DH is feeling better. There is an app for everything, it's too cold here for walks but hoping spring is just around the corner. I've got to work on getting more boards prepared for orders, I've almost depleted my stock. Need more paint also in a couple colors.

Hello to Pat, Renate and Gramma.
imnchghere Offline
#2477 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:27:40 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon.. boy has this day been a mess for me. Everything I have done has been wrong and had to be done again (and again,) in one case. I am afraid to mess with the LO's I am trying to finish up.
Phyllis I can't wait to see the finished frame. As long as the customer is happy, is what counts.
Deb, glad H is feeling less pain and hopefully it will continue to lessen. I have a thing on my iPod that keeps track of my steps. Not sure what else it does though, since I never use it. It came built in and I played with it a bit, before the Cancer walk in NC. I was telling Jim that we need to get back to walking and quit using the weather as an excuse. We used to walk all winter.
I am so ready to get the cover back on the deck and the bike outside.

I finally got a cut figured out for a page last night. I was able to make it work using CCR. I went ahead and cut it, but have not been down to my room since I got up. I am hoping the page goes together quickly. Next I need to work on flourishes for 2 other pages.

I thought we might have a quiet weekend, but it turns all the family+ will be here for Easter. We are keeping it simple, but ......... I still have to do a little tidying up and getting my craft stuff out of the kid's way. It should be nice enough for them to go outside or up to the park to play.

Well, I need to get downstairs and do something if I do it wrong.

Phyllis Offline
#2478 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:40:56 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Here are a few shots of the finished frame. Sure had to do some maneuvering to not get reflections off the glass, just like taking a picture in front of a mirror. There is a story of her being severely burned at age 1, the dress is 70 years old. I had to keep the embellishments flat but the main thing she wanted was the preservation of the items. She made a few suggestions and I tried to follow what she wanted. I think she will be happy with it.

Phyllis attached the following image(s):
Gayle 3.jpg
Gayle 4.jpg
Gayle 5.jpg
#2479 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:07:44 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy afternoon! I was just in the middle of a post, walked away to go put my cheese puffs away and the whole browser was closed out.Angry I'll try again!

Renate~The fruit basket was a nice idea, glad you're enjoying it. Early Birthday wishes to DH! You sure had a busy and productive weekend. I hope you're having better luck with your taxes than I am! Oh my to all that snow. I hope it goes away quickly! Bummer on the mailbox!

Phyllis~For spending so much time watching b-ball you managed to get a lot done too! Oh yes, can't have a meal without the pups getting some! I'm loving the paint job too! Brad really did a great job on it. We've already argued about the paint for the dining room (been arguing about the flooring for a few years now). I don't know why he doesn't let me get my way. Out of all my decisions, the only thing he hasn't liked is the kitchen. And that was only paint. The frame turned out awesome! I'm sure she will love it. Thanks for sharing pictures!

Deb~Hope Gracie did well at the groomers. Poor DH, he sure is having a tough run. I hope he's feeling better soon. What a horrible story from your neighborhood. So glad things weren't any worse, hope nobody has any long term effects. Did you have a nice visit with DGS? What invitations did she work on?

Pat~I sure hope you're right about Mother Nature. I really need some nice weather. We do have a bit of sun mixed with the clouds today. Doesn't do me any good since I'm not in it! So sorry to hear the crop was not good. How very odd that the room was shared with the reception. Good lucj squeezing in the lemon project.Wink Nice that the family is getting together. Stick with the simple theme for less stress!

Still have the cold, although it's not nearly as bad as it was. The cough and the sore throat are the worst part, the runny nosy is more of a nuisance right now. Co-worker is off until next Wednesday so I'll be busy there. Spent a few hours on Monday working on wedding invite stuff. I'm a bit frustrated with the bride. Well, frustrated and angry. She is not a nice person to my sister. She's always been a little snotty to her (we interpret it as her being jealous of my sis and nephew being so close) but she sent her a hateful message the other day. I'm just really angry and I'm not sure I can bite my tongue much longer. The frustration comes from her losing the invitation paper that she was supposed to print the invitations on. 140 all cut to size. Grrr. Well I have bills to pay and mail to go through so I best get to it. Have a nice evening.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2480 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:23:11 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Phyllis, that is so awesome. How can she not be happy with it!!! Is everything now encased in the glass? The historian in me has jumped out here. There is a acid neutralizing spray called Archival Mist. I spray it on all the newspaper clippings I have been given. Not on the dress or photos, although maybe it can be sprayed on them.
Anyway, you did a great job showcasing everything.
I have a dress that was my sister's (she will be 62) and a picture of her wearing it. I also have a picture of youngest dgd wearing the dress. I did a scrapbook page of the 2 pictures with the title Fashion Fades, Style Remains ~Cocoa Channel I was so glad that my sister sent the dress in time for at least one of her nieces to wear it.

Well, today is still going downhill. We had a few flurries a while ago, lasted about 5 minutes and they were few and far between. I have yet to get down to my work room. Thank goodness dinner is leftovers.

Jess, I didn't realize you had posted until I hit post.
The ballroom at the hotel was divided by one of those fold out walls. We had about 1/3 and the reception had about 2/3 There were separate entrances and we couldn't hear anything until about 9pm when the DJ started. Since our crop ended at 10, that was no big deal. It was that we had too many people in the space we had.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:31:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added info

Phyllis Offline
#2481 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:05:36 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Pat, I did not think of the Archival Mist spray but the newspaper article was already in a laminate package and I didn't dare try to take it out, it was already falling apart. It would be very hard to take it apart at this point Sad . The dress is the one she was wearing when she was burned with hot grease that she had pulled over on herself, it's probably hard to read the story in the pictures. I am now wanting to do one for my son's baby clothes, next project. Is your sister's dress still around? That would be worth saving.

Jess, I get a break on the basketball since they only play on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday. Some of the games that I'm not that interested in, I can work while watching. I think these men just won't agree on things because it may cause them some work, LOL. I would hate to be doing a project for "not nice" bride. Hope it works out.

Well, guess I need to salvage some of this day, still need to sand some boards, better get on that job now.

Thanks all of you for the comments on the frame project.
RGK Offline
#2482 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:47:11 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening, I just read all the posts I missed - busy busy everywhere.
Phyllis, you did a great job with that dress and the story. Yes, your friend will love it. I wouldn't take the newspaper article out either. How big is the frame? I have a summer dress from when I was maybe 2 or 3. One of my treasures. My great-aunt made it for me. She was a very talented seamstress.--Glad your snow is gone.--My CPT is leaving soon, she told me to send my next box to her replacement.
Jess, that cold is sure hanging on. Glad your paint job turned out to your liking and that Brad was a big help. Boo to the snotty bride, no need to take her frustration out on her friends. The fruit basket was great. We ate all of it since it was freshly cut and wouldn't keep too long.
Deb, glad H is feeling better. Can he eat without too much pain? 28* is pretty cold for your area isn't it? It was a little warmer here today, snow is just about gone.
DH straightened out the mailbox pole but it is wobbly. Haven't heard from the township office where I reported it.
Pat, Hope you managed to get some of your stuff done. I agree, keep it simple when your guests come for Easter. We haven't heard from the kids yet but will probably by tomorrow.
Well, I went grocery shopping after work today, home to make a quick dinner, cleaning up, reading email and here I am. Too late to start anything, I need to get my food ready for tomorrow and then go to bed.
Hello to Gramma and Joanne....Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2483 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:15:31 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening..finally making a little progress here. It might be a late night, since there are a few things I really would like to have off my plate before I go to bed.
Phyllis, I understand about not wanting to mess with the newspaper since it is already disintegrating. I use it a lot. I do have my sister's dress. I guess Mom had given it to her and she knew that I would appreciate it. Too bad I hadn't gotten it when the first dgd was born. Would have been fun to have pictures of all the great nieces wearing it. Do you have a plan for your son's baby things, or just getting some thoughts together?

Renate, our snow was almost all gone the next day. We inched up to near 50 today and it will keep inching up through the weekend. Maybe we will eventually see the 60's next week. I have got to get cards sorted and packed. Since my new contact is on a carrier, I am going to load them up. 6000 people can use a lot of cards. I would like to get a box sent this week.

Well, time to get back to my layouts. If I can get these 2 finished, that brings the society album up to date, and off my plate.
#2484 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:14:22 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning! Have a fun filled day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2485 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:40:20 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and happy Thursday. Partly sunny/cloudy here today, but otherwise not bad. Could be a bit warmer.
I finished the lo's last night and just need to get them into the album. Now I just need to stay on top of society paperwork for the next 7-10 days.
The girls are working out the menu for Sunday. It definitely won't be a traditional Easter meal, but everyone should be happy and that is what matters. There will be 14.
This morning, I cleaned up two piles of papers. Most went into the paper recycle bag and a few into the shredder.

I am going to do a little tidying around the house today and then maybe work on a set of pages this evening. These are a little out of the box for me, so they are taking some extra concentration. I also want to get all the cards packaged up and ready to go in boxes.
Phyllis or Renate, if either of you need cards, maybe we can get some east coast to ship to you. I am in overload right now. I also seem to be getting a lot from people not signing up.
Hello out there to Gramma, Joanne, Deb and anyone else.

Edited by user Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:41:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#2486 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:42:43 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning from the sunny south...we got to the track early this morning, I walked about 2 1/3 miles, 35 mins.....I like the 7ish time frame, NO one is there.......going to be a very nice day, but I am stuck inside cleaning....hall bath done....extra bedroom now, waiting for the floor to dry for the first mopping....windows cleaned, blinds/window sills dusted, walls dusted down....globes washed on the ceiling fan....hope to get that room and my scrap room top to bottom today, will finish the rest tomorrow...might decide to clean the other 5 windows on the back side of the house this afternoon....

Hubby is a little better, up very early with pain in his mouth and back....back pain isn't uncommon for him. Eating is a little better too.....he is visiting his mother today, one reason I need to get off here and get busy....

Jess DGD is getting graduation invitations ready....hard to believe she will be out of school in May...seems like yesterday I was picking her up at daycare.....sorry about the '%$#@' bride....yes it is hard to keep the 'tongue' from speaking at times like this.....

Phyllis the frame is beautiful.....she will love it.....I really need to get some of my heirloom things in shadow boxes and on the walls....

Pat keep going and you will have all that society stuff taken care of....or are you done?

Renate hope they fix your mailbox, sad that it takes forever for things to be taken care of....what about snow, has it melted yet? Yes, it is cold here, hubby mentioned last year this time was 80*....strange weather we are all having....

Morning to Gramma, Joanne, Karen and anyone else that drops in, I must get done....
Gramma Offline
#2487 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:10:27 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates... still a lot of snow on the ground here... temps in the mid-30's.

I got my test results today, all is fine. Doctor wants me to have another ultra sound in 3 months to check on a very small cyst on one of my ovaries. Glad this whole medical mess is over.. allready getting bills to pay, but that was expected.

Kids are coming up from Maryland tomorrow. I think we're having Easter on Saturday (just the dinner) DS drives a milk truck and those darn cows don't take any of the holidays off. He's off Saturday tho. We'll just tell the kids that the Easter bunny crossed the international date line a day too soon.

Looks like everyone in the castle is busy as usual:
Phyllis.. love your restoration frame..I love all your stuff
Pat, congrats on your Society book catch up. Glad you liked the purse papers. I made one for myself and I showed it to a lady in the Rowdy Rooster last week and she wanted to buy it on the spot.. I just gave it to her and told her to enjoy. She was thrilled.
Deb, hope H feels better soon. A sore mouth sounds awfully painful. I see that the dust mites are detouring your house still... they don't stand a chance. No worries tho, they know they're welcome here.. LOL
Jess, hope you get GF off, if not Saturday is close.
Renate, I have always wanted one of those fruit things, but my kids are thick headed when it comes to taking a hint... DH is even thicker.
Hellos to anyone I missed :-)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter holiday...
Stay Warm!
Hugz,
Gramma
Phyllis Offline
#2488 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:03:36 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Thought I would get a post in before cooking and basketball. It's been a nice day here, around 55 degrees and sunny. I've been doing some prep work on my store stuff.

Renate, hope your mail box gets fixed soon, postman my not like a wobbly post. Hope your Friday eve was good. The frame is 22 x 28, pretty big but needed every inch of it.

Pat, glad you got your LO's done. Good that your girls are helping on the weekend meal, wow 14, that's a nice group. My project with DS's baby clothes is still in my head, I need to dig them out and take a look at them, it's been a long time since I've had them out.

Deb, you just made me almost collapse just thinking of all that house (spring) cleaning you are doing. I'm not ready just yet for that. You are the energizer bunny for sure.

Gramma, glad the tests came back good. Boo on the bills though. I totally agree with you on Deb's dust bunnies, although I have enough of my own, LOL.

OK, time is slipping away from me, better get going. Eating seems to take top priority around here, wish we could wean ourselves a little bit.

Dbson Offline
#2489 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:35:51 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening....

Gramma great news on the test....boo on the bills, glad you are able to enjoy family this weekend....

Phyllis I wondered how big that frame was, it was filled for sure, but oh such memories it holds.

I have about cleaned out today.....got master bedroom/bath done and the hall too....2 windows in the den cleaned, about to head to the kitchen and get those 3 taken care of and the windows will be done. Hubby vacuumed the den for me to keep the dust down til I can finish it in the morning....need to scrub the stove too....but house work will wait til I get my walk in for sure....we don't think the gym will be closed for Good Friday, but if it is, that's okay too...I am really getting a work out cleaning.....

Hello to everyone that drops in, I am going to continue my cleaning for a while, might hit the bed early..night....
RGK Offline
#2490 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:48:13 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hello friends,
Pat, our snow is almost gone too, just not where it was in a heap. It was about 50* today. I had no idea it was so nice, being inside all day and not near a window. I took a walk around the block this evening to enjoy the fresh air.--You're moving right along on those LO's. Hope the society work will leave you some time for fun.--I don't know about Phyllis, but I am low on cards and would be happy to get more. Thank you!!
Deb, sorry DH is still not fully recovered. Get well wishes are on my way.--I don't think my house has ever gotten a scrubbing like yours, at least not in one day, that much I'm sure of.--The township office guy called DH today and said they are not going to fix our mailbox. DH said that the neighbor saw the truck, but still, not proof he did it. To tell you the truth, I did not for one minute believe they would own up to it. We'll have to fill in the spaces that are there now. At least the pole and box are undamaged. Wonder if the truck was damaged....
Gramma, so relieved that you're ok. The tests were necessary for your piece of mind. Sorry about the bills though. The fruity thing was good, especially the pineapple slices dipped in dark and white chocolate with sprinkles. I need to do some heavy duty walking LOL. Enjoy the family, sorry DS has to work. My eldest has to work too and so does his GF. Haven't figured out yet what we'll do.
Phyllis, I wonder what you'll come up with once you hold those baby clothes in your hands. Looks like we shared the good weather, why not, we share the bad. Enjoying the games. IU is getting ready to start in a few minutes. I don't watch which is good since it will be too late, I get up pretty early to go to work.
Jess, happy snoozing and hope you have an easy Friday. Are you done with that cold?
I'm going to turn in soon. Good night to all, Renate