Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dishnerm28b0b17f Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:55:15 AM(UTC)
dishnerm28b0b17f

Groups: Registered

Ok I have had my Imagine machine for 2 years now. I have never had problems Syncing with the CCR until now. I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 and now I can't sync with laptop. I have contacted the support and they walked me through several scenarios and this has not worked. They even sent me a new cord for Machine to laptop. I have taken the firewall off and tried to snyc that way and it still isn't allowing me to sync. I am very disappointed.Angry I need help. If I hook the Imagine to my husband's laptop it works just greatLove ! Please help I want to use my laptop and not the Husband's!LOL
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:17:26 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dishnerm28b0b17f Go to Quoted Post
Ok I have had my Imagine machine for 2 years now. I have never had problems Syncing with the CCR until now. I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 and now I can't sync with laptop. I have contacted the support and they walked me through several scenarios and this has not worked. They even sent me a new cord for Machine to laptop. I have taken the firewall off and tried to snyc that way and it still isn't allowing me to sync. I am very disappointed.Angry I need help. If I hook the Imagine to my husband's laptop it works just greatLove ! Please help I want to use my laptop and not the Husband's!LOL

If it's a new laptop wouldn't it have Windows 8 on it? If it does you will probably have to change the CCR compatibility to Windows 7 (or even an earlier version of Windows) as well as run it in Administrator mode.

If you do have Windows 7 you could try the same process but choose an earlier version of Windows.

You'll need to repeat the same process for Cricut Sync.

Here's the instructions for Windows 8. Windows 7 works the same way.

http://cricutcraftroomblog.blog...1/ccr-and-windows-8.html