Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nokin2parise0806235 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:18:29 AM(UTC)
nokin2parise0806235

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My Gypsy has lived her life giving me such joy. And now she is gone. I only ask for one simple thing..... allow me to buy a new one. But I can't. I can't find one. Angry Because they've been discontinued!?? Why???

Bring the Gypsy back!!!! Who's with me?
 1 user thanked nokin2parise0806235 for this useful post.
gma on 3/23/2013(UTC)
Blingy Rose Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:55:55 PM(UTC)
Blingy Rose

I bought one on ebay. I never used it. 3 months later, even though it was charged,IT WAS DEAD. No one can fix it. It is all proprietary. I lost Hello Kitty, which now costs as much as the Gypsy. I do not suggest ebay. Bad, bad, bad idea!
DebbieHarper Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:13:13 PM(UTC)
DebbieHarper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

I love my Gypsy and would DIE if it ever died... I've been watching for a new one, too... just to keep as a back-up. But... no where can they be found.

I've just gotten a laptop and now I can't figure out how to sync it. Anyone out there know how? I don't have access to the old computer to be able to see what the sync is like or how to do it... it was just a button on the old computer. Now I'm lost. Are we not able to sync our Gypsies any more????
sharibear Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:23:28 PM(UTC)
sharibear

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 86 post(s)
there is a sync button on the ccr for a gyspy hun
hope this helps
shari
KarenL.Jenter Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:45:19 PM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
my gypsy broke about 6 weeks ago. Of course it wa snot under warranty any longer, it was over 3 years old, and Provo will not repair it. The port that the cord attaches into and then to the cricut, broke off and fell into the gypsy. SInce it wa snot under warranty I took off the 3 phillips screws to look at it. I cannot get the cover off. Rather than break it more I gave it to a friend today who know electronics and can solder. I am hoping he can fix it. I am just lost with out it. I am angry at Provo for not doing a better job to support it sypsy customers. I hope mine can be fixed, but for me to buy a new one, I don't think so. I have over 100 carts loaded. I got over 3 goode ye3ars out of it, but unless they can make a device that is better made and supported, I will rely on my Design Studio which I have re learn now.

Karen
Michigan
 1 user thanked KarenL.Jenter for this useful post.
JEANNIESALVATO on 4/14/2013(UTC)
thinkpink101 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:25:39 AM(UTC)
thinkpink101

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My Gypsy is dead but there is NO WAY I'm spending any more money on PC stuff until they support our current machines. They have promised for over a year to come out with a fix to unlink all the carts that are linked to a Gypsy so we can link them to CCR, but they still haven't done so. I'm not sure it will ever happen. I loved my Gypsy and I won't use my Cricuts (yes multiple machines including the Imagine which never did what they had promised it would) without it, so I'm looking at non PC machines now. I'll go back to using PC things when they come out with the fix (if they ever do). Until then I'm really disappointed in how they have handled things.
 1 user thanked thinkpink101 for this useful post.
CindyVanErt Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 7:01:07 PM(UTC)
CindyVanErt

Oh I just can't believe it. I have close to 200 cartridges, i'm on my 2nd gypsy and this one is shot. Very sad. Would buy another one and reload all those cartridges for the 3rd time but I can't find a reasonably priced one. I didn't know it was discontinued. The company has been good to me no doubt,but I've bought 4 machines (which I love and use all of them) not to mention all the cartridges. I guess I am disappointed and not sure what I'm going to do. I can't count the number of scrapping friends I have taught how to use their products which lead to more sales for them.

I'm very sad. I'm not going to buy a used one only to have it break or buy an over priced one on ebay either. Oh, what to do?
OCCricutUser Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:44:52 PM(UTC)
OCCricutUser

Was thanked: 246 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I LOVE MY Gypsy!!! Love Love I, too, have been looking for a backup. PRAYING Provocraft will find some to sell us!!
 1 user thanked OCCricutUser for this useful post.
mriser74c0b445 on 4/28/2013(UTC)
Scoopsgalore Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:43:49 PM(UTC)
Scoopsgalore

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I decided to pull my gypsy out and dust it off because it had been about 4 months since I last used her. To my surprise the power light was on but nothing appeared on the screen. I called Provo Craft support and was given a few trouble shooting tips but nothing worked. The customer service representative told me that my gypsy had died. Of course it has been over 3 years since I bought her and the warranty expired. I really am upset because I didn't use it very much and I don't understand how it could just die. I could understand if I used it all the time but I didn't. Man am I disappointed with Provo Craft....so much that I went out and bought a Silhouette Cameo. I don't think a company should put a product out there to the consumer and not have a way to repair it if it breaks. Of course the customer service representative suggested that I purchase another gypsy and then send both of them in and they would link the serial numbers but I am not going to invest another $175-200 on a product that might die on me again.
 1 user thanked Scoopsgalore for this useful post.
fedexbarks0cce2be6 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:19:43 PM(UTC)
fedexbarks0cce2be6

I would like to know where the customer service person wants us to buy a new one, none of the stores have them. Michaels told me they cannot get them anymore.

Our closest Hobby Lobby told me the same thing, you can't order them from Cricut.com....so like I said where are we supposed to buy one?

I would like to be able to cut large cuts and the only way I have seen anyone do that with a cricut is by using a gypsy. I was hoping they would figure out a way we could do that on CCR but I guess they want us to buy a competitor's product. How sad. I love my cricuts! I have an Imagine, and I love mine. I have an Expression 2 and a Cricut Cake.

Please FIX CCR so I can cut large cuts!
 1 user thanked fedexbarks0cce2be6 for this useful post.
sewnmachine Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:38:10 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fedexbarks0cce2be6 Go to Quoted Post
I would like to know where the customer service person wants us to buy a new one, none of the stores have them. Michaels told me they cannot get them anymore.

Our closest Hobby Lobby told me the same thing, you can't order them from Cricut.com....so like I said where are we supposed to buy one?

I would like to be able to cut large cuts and the only way I have seen anyone do that with a cricut is by using a gypsy. I was hoping they would figure out a way we could do that on CCR but I guess they want us to buy a competitor's product. How sad. I love my cricuts! I have an Imagine, and I love mine. I have an Expression 2 and a Cricut Cake.

Please FIX CCR so I can cut large cuts!

Why can't we make large cuts in CCR?

nokin2parise0806235 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:59:34 AM(UTC)
nokin2parise0806235

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm thinking of my late Gypsy today. May she rest in peace.
 1 user thanked nokin2parise0806235 for this useful post.
Sharr Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:44:58 AM(UTC)
Sharr

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but those of us who own a dead gypsy with hundreds of cartridges on it and can't find or want to invest into another gypsy. How are we going to get those carts into the craft room?
 1 user thanked Sharr for this useful post.
JEANNIESALVATO Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:02:38 AM(UTC)
JEANNIESALVATO

Why do you think your Gypsy is dead? I have two friends that have Gypsys and the screened died. Per Customer Service "It is dead, out of warranty, you need to buy a new one:! NOT, we found a way to reboot the Gypsy's and it is ALIVE!!!
 1 user thanked JEANNIESALVATO for this useful post.
Twizzle Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 12:06:58 PM(UTC)
Twizzle

Originally Posted by: JEANNIESALVATO Go to Quoted Post
Why do you think your Gypsy is dead? I have two friends that have Gypsys and the screened died. Per Customer Service "It is dead, out of warranty, you need to buy a new one:! NOT, we found a way to reboot the Gypsy's and it is ALIVE!!!

please share :), I have tried the soft and hard reset, cannot get anything on my Gypsy now except a black screen and a blue light :(
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 8:24:37 AM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I agree COMPLETELY!!!! The size is SO portable, I can design even lying down (back problems prevent me from spending too long sitting at a computer -- CCR will NEVER be an option! -- EVER!) and I don't have to pay a premium for internet for some sort of tablet thing!
I don't have the $ to purchase a tablet of any maker; I just want my G to be around forever!!!

As it is right now, I've purchased a couple of digital carts, but I'm afraid to update for fear that it will kill my G -- and that PC will say 'tough'!!Glare Maybe if I wait until this entire CCR linking gets ironed out????
 3 users thanked GayleWheaton1 for this useful post.
mriser74c0b445 on 4/28/2013(UTC), Scrapperdee on 4/28/2013(UTC), nokin2parise0806235 on 7/21/2013(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 8:50:21 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 222 post(s)
Call CS! They can now be repaired!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
MsNia Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 11:25:02 AM(UTC)
MsNia

Originally Posted by: JEANNIESALVATO Go to Quoted Post

Jeannie, please share I am having the same issue with a new barely used gypsy that PC is dead and they will not replace.
mriser74c0b445 Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:02:41 AM(UTC)
mriser74c0b445

Crying Scared Sad
Keep us informed of what to do about dead Gs
Debbie10 Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:42:38 PM(UTC)
Debbie10

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You need to check out info under general chat (link below), they are now offering to repair gypsies.

http://www.cricut.com/fo...2815_GYPSY-LINKING.aspx

Hope this helps.