Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6869707172>»
Flee57 Offline
#2071 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:41:40 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Groups: Registered

Good evening everyone!

Lizzy, you're heading for the finish line! I tried calling you back tonihgt but the call wouldn't connect. I'll try you tomorrow morning.

pat, I think it's cool that you keepall the gingerbread houses together. We had sunshine for our first day of spring but it was windy and bitter cold. I just don't get it! Supposed to be 17* in the morning and getting to only 33* all day. Rain and flurries for the weekend

Carrie, sorry your boys are sick. Really sorry. Men can be so needy while sick. I just went through a week of it with D. What a baby!

Paula, I didn't see a pic of you and babies on FB . will have to check it out. Hope you don't get too much snow out ofthis advisory.

Rhonda, glad your company had a good sale. Sorry you felt lost at times but at least you had fun!

nancy, I'd be sick of the snow you've gotten too. is this ever going to end? I hope your Mom has a speedy recovery.

Well, I keep adding stuff to sell. I don't know where I had it all! LOL

We are dealing with my Dad again. he called my Sister and said he and my stepmom were splitting up and can he come stay with her til he got on his feet. When she said he could but he couldn't drink there he hung up on her and won't answer her calls. I talked to him tonight and asked him if that one drink was that important to him...he said yes. He said no one was going to tell him what to do or change him. I told him he needed help. I told him cigarettes killed our Mother and we don't want booze killing our Father.

I am the child of an alcholic and there isn't anything I can do until he does it for himself. I just wish he didn't live so far away. If you could say a little prayer for him, I surely would appreciate it.

Thanks for listening Friends. I love you guys!

Later!
Nancycs Offline
#2072 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:52:01 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning!

Pat is the scrapbook shop's annual sale for people to sell things they just don'e use anymore? Have you decided if you will do it yet? Yes the nursing home is usually very good at calling me so I am not sure why they didn't but this was serious enough that it was important enough that they should have.

Lizzy how wonderful for you....7 more days until vacation! I imagine it will be busy with wedding plans and activities. How long will you be off?

Carrie sorry Jon and Chris are sick. I hope they are feeling better today. I couldn't believe how much of the US is being impacted by this weather front going through. I didn't realize that until I saw it on the news.

Paula it sounds like you had a nice day yesterday. I have never been to Panera. I have been places where they have catered the meals so I have had their sandwiches but I have never gone there to eat. I agree...tell mother nature it is spring! We are ready. It felt funny making flower pictures yesterday with below 0 wind chills!

Rhonda glad the sale went well. I bet you slept well. Have you still been going to you water aerobics classes?

Laurie I am sorry about your dad. I understand being the child of an alcoholic. My dad was an alcoholic and it did contribute to his death. His smoking did as well. I understand your concern about his health and wanting him to be around. (((HUGS)))

Thanks for the get well wishes for my mom. I did get in to see her. The roads were actually good. Surprising since they were so bad that morning. She has been on 3 types of antibiotics as well as fluids. Our hope is that she will be going back to the nursing home today.

On the way home from the hospital our Honda, that was just repaired, starting acting up. The transmission was not shifting properly so we have to figure out what that is. Rick is going to start with the least expensive fix to see if that works and he will work his way up from there. The 2 things it sounds like most are the 2 least expensive fixes so I hope that will be the case. I really hope it doesn't end up being the transmission.

I hope everyone has a great day!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2073 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:25:37 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good afternoon.

I got a break tonight and don't have to fix dinner. We have friends in town from NC and we are meeting them at the club. Chris has eaten all day. He has a high fever, very sore throat and headache. No matter who gets sick, he is always the worst. Jon is still sick but he is out playing golf in the snow flurries. I sent his coach a not so nice text. He won't have any kids to play in the matches because they'll all be sick.

Rhonda how fun that you work in a kitchen company. I have wanted a new stove top since we moved in here. Yes I picked this one out but there wasn't much to pick from then. Hope you got some much need rest.

Laurie that's awful about your dad. You are right he needs help and you can't give it to him. You were exactly right in telling him what you did. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Nancy glad your mom is doing better. Sorry about the car. Sure hope it's an easy fix. I thought of you today when I took our tax things over to the accountant.

Paula I love Pandara salads. A 5 day craft get together sounds extreme. I think after 5 days I wouldn't want to look at my craft room when I got home. LOL

Pat those flip flap pages are awesome. The scrapbook house thing sounds fun.

LIzzy wow just a week and then vacation. What will you do during your time off? Dress shopping?

Well I got 3 pages done today. It's about time I got going again. The weather is awful today so i didn't want to wander out. 70% chance of measurable snow on Sunday. I sure hope this is it. Where are the Forsythia?
Flee57 Offline
#2074 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:05:01 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Thank you so much for your kind words about my Dad. They mean a lot. it's just so hard.

Carrie, sorry that Chris is still so sick. And golfing in flurries in this cold...that's not going to help. I hope this weekend is it too. I'm sick of this cold weather

Nancy, that's awful that your car is acting up. I hope it's the easy fix.

I just realized it's Thursday Grays Anatomy and Scandal!

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2075 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 7:15:11 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Woke up to bright shining sun!! =) It is only 27* but the sun feels nice.

Laurie, I am so sorry about the situation with your dad. Good for your sister, laying down the law!! {{{hugs}}} to you while you go through this and try to know the right thing to do.

Rhonda, glad the sale when well. Whirlpool has a big sale now and they and sells kitchen gagets. I missed the last one, waiting for the next.
Today you are probably regrouping from the expo.

Pat, how is your weather? Missing that storm?
Are you ready for tomorrow?

Carrie, how is Chris today? I sure hope he is on the mend.
Yes, I think 5 days is too long. It starts Thur. and goes through Sun. with Mon. as an optional day. She has been getting together with this group for over ten years. I think it's a fun get away for them. They are not just scrappers but crafters of all kinds.
I usually don't feel this way but I am really looking forward to our Nov. weekend. I am wishing that I went to their spring one.

Nancy, did your mom get to go back to the nursing home? Is she feeling better?

Today I have open and am going to try to clear up some of the clutter I have created. I have sorted through junk, tossing and organizing. I got out two boxes of beanie babies I am going to part with. We will take them on the mission trip to hand out.
Lizzy, you have inspired me. Well, actually, there has been tons of pitching things from mostly everyone here. Time to join in.

Tomorrow is Tour day at the nursing homes with the SW ladies. I will be gone from 7:30 until at least 7:30 so I need to make today count.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2076 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 7:46:11 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Nancy!

Chris is still home sick today Paula. I ran and got him some Ginger Ale. My mom used to give me that when I was a kid. So much so I won't touch the stuff now. LOL

It is cold here too. We are bracing for what could be significant snow on Sunday. Mad Yuck, yuck yuck! Enjoy your day with the girls tomorrow.

I am off to pick up my new glasses.
Nancycs Offline
#2077 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 7:55:06 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Carrie sorry Chris is so sick. I hope he is better today. (You just popped in so I see he is still sick. I hope he gets better soon.) I have a little one that is that way. He gets it worse and it lasts longer than anyone else.
We were supposed to have measurable snow Sunday night into Monday but it has moved south so we should only get flurries now........knock on wood. Maybe yours will move away too!BigGrin

Laurie I watch Grey's Anatomy too. I record it though so I still have not seen last nights episode. I got hooked on it after watching it on netflix one summer I needed something to watch. I didn't get into Scandal.

Paula we have sun today, but it was 9* when I woke up. It will get to about 28* today though!Flapper Beanie babies are awesome because they hold up so well. I have a lot for my daycare because they hold up to washing. How long will your Nov. weekend of crafting be? Will it be 5 days too?

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

My mom is back at the nursing home and doing much better. Thanks everyone!

Rick is making me dinner tonight and picking up my favorite coconut cake. Tomorrow we are going to Ikea and then off to a huge outlet mall. It grew so much they extended it across the street. It will be a little cold but maybe it won't be busy and we can find parking spots a little closer. We usually walk the whole thing when it is nice but it may be a bit cold for that. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2078 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:50:20 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Nancy, it sounds like you have a nice evening and tomorrow planned. :) Enjoy it!
The fall crop I go to is Fri.-Sun.
I didn't know you could wash beanie babies. Wish I would have known that before. Our kitchen drain pipe corroded through and leaked on to two grocery sacks full of BBs and I threw them all out. Crying

Carrie, I hope you like your glasses. DH picked his up last night and is having a hard time. His left eye really changed and it is hard to adjust. They told him it might take a couple weeks. Huh

I tore apart my bedroom closet, what a huge mess I have made!! I am looking for a purse strap for a pink breast cancer ribbon purse I gave Serina. Where oh where can it be??? I did take out a big bag of trash and have about eight purses to part with. Cool
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2079 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 11:44:37 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

I hope I can post this site. It is very cool...

No, it didn't work. You will have to look on my FB page.

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2013 11:51:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lizzyea Offline
#2080 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:14:14 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....

It's been a long time...so sorry. I feel like I'm as busy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! LOL

Nancy, I'm very glad to hear your mom is recovering well from her bout with pneumonia. I am, however, sorry to hear about your Honda giving you more trouble. Good luck with an inexpensive (and relative easy) repair. I hope you had a good birthday celebration. May Spring come to you quickly!

Rhonda, when you told us what your company did, I remembered! Thanks for telling us again, though. I bet the Expo was exhausting, but fun. I can completely understand why it is a HUGE sales day!! You were SO SMART to have your kids go through their things before they moved out. I certainly should have done the same thing. Oh well....hindsight is always 20:20!

Carrie, have your boys recovered from their illnesses? It doesn't sound good. How are your new glasses? Are you happy with them?

Pat, how are things with you? Did you decide to get a table for the sale? How are your plans for remodeling coming along?

Paula, did you ever find the handbag? It sounds like you did a pretty good job of purging while looking for it, though! I loved looking at that " transformers" furniture you posted on FB! Pretty darn cool!!

Well, my life is crazy right now. My day job is teaching; my night job is planning how to get this house ready to put on the market. I've lined up someone to clean the popcorn ceilings, remove the wallpaper, paint the interior walls, and do the needed electrical work. We're working on getting new granite counters in the kitchen and will get new windows in the front of the house and new carpet. Whew! I'm exhausted just writing about it. That doesn't include all the purging and packing and moving stuff to a storage shed. We're on our second dumpster and have a third one planned for this coming week.

I just about have Sarah's room finished. I hope to have it done tomorrow. Then, I can move into another room which will be tons easier. I also did some work in the garage today. I'll be glad when I'm on vacation (begins after work on Thursday). Then I can focus solely on the house.

Everyone take care....I'll check in tomorrow.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2081 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:30:33 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning! Went and got my palms this Palm Sunday morning. The dogs aren't so fond of them.

Chris is much better, thank you! Jon's golf tournament down by Laurie got canceled today. Yesterday was a fairly nice day although not as nice as it should be this time of year. We are now awaiting the snow storm. We are supposed to get ice early today changing over to all snow and continuing over night. 4-8 inches forecasted. Mother Nature sure took the wrong time to take a vacation.

Lizzy it sounds like you are going all out on your house. I was told yesterday that the real estate market is on the up swing. Nice and big houses aren't staying on the market long. I hope yours goes quickly. I think you should put it on the market as soon as you get things purged. You never know someone might want to pick their own carpet and counter tops. It sounds like the wedding is all taken care of. Have you found a dress yet?

Nancy I hope your birthday was special. How was the dinner and your favorite cake? Did you get to the mall? Good news about your mom. It has to be hard to have her in a nursing home and unsure of what kind of care she is getting.

Paula I haven't checked out the site you were talking about. Did you try and just post a link? I am still wearing my old glasses with short bouts of the new ones. It is much better if I ease into them. Most of the time I don't wear them at all. It drives Jim a little nuts when I am cooking with out them. He thinks it is a catastrophe when I don't measure anything. Little does he know I never have and never will. He just happens to think it's because I can't see so why bother. LOL

Rhonda I think we may be at basketball odds in the next round. BigGrin

Well I think I am going back to Rome in my craft room today. That a little clean up in this house. Spring can't come soon enough. i want everyone out so my house stays clean.
Flee57 Offline
#2082 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:56:25 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good early evening everyone!

I thought I had posted after Paula tried to post the link to the furniture. I need some of that! Especially once we move. I love the one with the big table where you take the legs down and then you turn the whole wall to reveal the bed. I love it! I want that in my scraproom when we move. I can only imagine how much it is LOL

Lizzy, you are rolling right along with all your house plans. I know it will go so much fast after Thursday. Vacation is coming! Wedding is coming! The British are coming!

Carrie, glad to hear that Chis is feeling better. Golfing in the Cinci area this morning would have been horrible LOL

It's been pretty quiet here. Hope all is well with you all!

We have an appt with a realtor on Thurs. It is actually the realtor who worked with us when we bought the house while I was working at help u sell. She was very helpful to newbie home buyers so I'm sure she'll be just as helpful with newbie home sellers. She also came highly reccommended by a friend of mine who has worked with a lot of realtors when she was in advertising. So we are waiting to hear what she says. She has also told me...along with my Sister who was here yesterday...that my carpets aren't that bad and we should just get them professionally cleaned. My BIL said my coutertops are just fine too. I'm anxious now to see what the realtor says.

having a lazy day. I have to get working on some cards and recipe cards. I am sharing a booth with a friend and that's what I'll be selling. Better get crackin' on it

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2083 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:29:30 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening all...

Not much going on here this weekend. The snow started yesterday about noon - received about 4 inches but the wind was really something. So I have stayed in all weekend. Got my L and ironing done. Also got the dusting done - I think that is my least favorite household chore. Worked on some research etc. Also did a few layouts and started some Easter cards.

I was in the kitchen earlier and looked out to see 8 or 9 deer out back. They were checking out the leftovers at the bird feeders.

Tomorrow morning I have to report for jury duty. I kind of hope I do not get selected. I have already served on 2 other juries, so maybe it is someone else's turn Mellow

Carrie, glad to hear Chris is feeling better. Yes, it looks like we will be on opposite sides of the scoreboard this week.Cool

Lizzy, you have quite a list of projects to be done. But you also have a plan of action and are well on your way. As for the kids stuff, they did sort most of their things when they moved out, but when we moved out here I boxed up what was left of each one and gave it to them. I also got rid of lots of things when we moved here. How is the shopping for the dress coming along?

Laurie, where will you move to if your house sells? I though DH went back to work at the casino? You will be surprised at how good your carpets can look after being cleaned by a professional. Hope that is all you need to do.

Nancy, hope you had a very enjoyable birthday. Glad to hear your mother is back at home and feeling better.

Paula, what have you been up to this weekend? Are you getting any of this snow that has been working its way east? I loved the short video on the furniture. I could use one of the murphy bed style furniture pieces. All of the ideas were really neat, but I am sure they are not cheap.

Pat, what have you been working on?
imnchghere Offline
#2084 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:29:13 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
hello friends.. This has been a rough weekend. The crop was the worst one I have attended in a long time. I was so ready to come home halfway through. The chairs were uncomfortable and we were crowded into a section of the ballroom that was too small. I know if the fire marshall had walked in, he would have cleared us all out. The space between the rows of tables was too narrow.
I started out pretty good and finished up 3 layouts. By then it was after lunch and the uncomfortable chair was getting to the back of my leg. It was not convenient to get up and move to stretch a bit, because that meant people had to get up so you could get between the chairs. The organizer apologized profusely to everyone at the end of the event, but by then all I wanted to do was get the heck out and go home. Seemed like all I did was squirm/fidget in my seat. I guess I could have packed up and left earlier, but it would have been a inconvenience to the people in my row for me to get my rolling tote out and I did think that possibly I would be able to get comfortable. very deep sigh ~~~~~~~~~ Only bright side is that the pages for the society album are caught up and I got 4 other various pages started.

It looks like we might have dodged this storm. We had anywhere from 1-4 inches predicted, but it seems to either be going either side of us or breaking up in the mountains. We've not even had any rain this evening. Maybe other parts of the state got something, but not us.

Lizzy, I know you are counting the hours until Thursday. You have made good progress on the purging. I can't imagine preparing to move. We have been in this house for 27yrs. We never lived anywhere more than 3yrs before. I am sure I would easily fill a dumpster 3 times.
I haven't decided on the table at the sale. The retreat place is about an hour away and I am just not sure I want to mess with the drive and the set up. We have all the remodeling on hold right now. Waiting to see what the Gov't is doing. I continue though to purge and projects we personally can do, will get done as we have time. I need the weather to get warm so we can get into the garage and haul some stuff off and also get the deck furniture out of the shed. Also once the gazebo cover is back up, I can utilize the deck for sorting and going though things in the shed.

Rhonda, I hope you don't have to serve on jury duty. I am always glad when I get dismissed. Good job on getting cards and layouts done. I need a birthday card for dd and I also got one in the CFS that I want to try for my Mom.

Laurie, I agree with getting the carpets cleaned instead of replacing them. My neighbor did that, and it worked for her. She had them cleaned the week before the house went on the market.

Well, I need to get to bed. I will try to catch up more tomorrow.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2085 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 7:40:39 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Greeting from my frosted white world. It is gorgeous but then so it the crystal blue waters washing up on sanded beaches. I'll take the later.

Rhonda Good luck!

Pat so sorry about the lousy crop. I can't believe the hotel wouldn't or didn't do something about that. What kind of hotel was it? We too have put off a lot of things.

Laurie a realtor? Are you back to moving away? Good luck with your card sale.

Well I should go shovel the 6 inches of snow in my drive way. Or since it is above freezing maybe it will melt??? Dishwasher is going as it the washing machine. I guess I should run the vacuum and dust the main floor and get a fire going as it keeps our utility bills way down. We saved a few hundred dollars a month by keeping the fire going. I also have a ton of office work to do. But I think I'll go play for a little while. Craft room here I come!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:49:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Flee57 Offline
#2086 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 6:04:32 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

It's been snowing here all day. Sometimes light, sometimes pretty heavy. There is no snow on the ground though. Love it. Sorry you had to shovel Carrie.

Yes, the move never left...just didn't happen when I wanted it to. D wanted to go back to work to get some cash in without touching the money we had aside to move. I hope we can put it on the market within the next month or 2. As soon as it sells, I will probably go down to FL, get an apartment and start looking for work so one of us has a job when we get down there. If I have a decent job when it sells, then D will go down there and Sadie and I will stay up here til the close. It's really all up in the air but the one thing we know is that we are moving to FL.

well, my refrigerator took a dive. My frezer is working ok though. I put stuff in the freezeer to get real cold and then put my stuff in a cooler. So there's a cooler, a gallon of milk, a new bottle or creamer and 2 pops on my front porch. I'm glad it's cold out. I called American home Shield. they put it in as an emergency because of my insulin. Once again, they can't find anyone who will come out. Sears takescare of applienace problems but they don't do emergencies. So hopefully they will call tomorrow. I got a little nasty with the lady because this is the 2nd time this has happened. Last time we waited a week for them to call us with someone to come work on the furnace. We are cancelling this warranty as soon as they fix or replace my frige.

well, gotta put my attention to The Voice. Awesome so far!!

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#2087 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 7:23:03 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. I woke up to much the same wintery wonderland that Carrie did, but only about 3" total. Nothing was sticking to the roads, walks or driveway. It is pretty much gone now. We will be near 50 the rest of the week. It will feel like a heat wave.
I worked most of the day on finishing up partial layouts and around the house. Laundry and vacuuming. I also ran across some perfect color cs for a layout. Wasn't even looking for it, but when I put some papers away, there it was.
Laurie, sorry about the fridge. Hope you can get it taken care of soon
Carrie, how did you do in the craft room today? Are you almost finished with Rome?
Hi to Lizzy, hope today went well, only 3 more days.
Rhonda, hope jury selection skipped you. Had to LOL at Carrie's suggestions.
Nancy, how is your week doing so far.
Paula....... where are you?

rm920 Offline
#2088 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:37:55 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all....

Pat, sorry about the winter wonderland, but sounds like it will be "spring" by the weekend. Yeah on finding the perfect paper for your layouts. Love when you "find" something you weren't really looking for.

Carrie, hope you get some of the warmer temps this weekend as well. I also laughed at some of your suggestions. Did you have fun in the craft room?

Laurie, hope they make it out to fix your fridge today! Like you said at least it is cold outside.

Lizzy, the hours are ticking away!

Paula and Nancy, what are you up to?

I did not get selected for the jury yesterday. They were seating for 2 separate trials. I was down to the final cut but they didn't call my name. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. The bookkeeper at work was out yesterday and I just wanted to get back to work to get things done! We ended up with about 4" snow over the weekend but they are saying we will be in the 60's for the weekend! Maybe a chance of rain, but that is spring.

Tonight I am having dinner with my brother and his family. His step daughter is enrolling at Emporia State University and they will be here all day for orientation/enrollment etc. will have a nice time catching up.

Then I want to finish the cards and layouts I have on my craft desk!

Have a great day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2089 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:09:13 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I am here, just a little scattered.
I tore the house apart last week and haven't put it back together. I have piles all over. Feeling a bit discombobulated. (I am sure that is not how to spell that!!) :)
Had a headache Sun. and didn't do much. Yesterday had the Mon. house and then met with a couple that want me to clean. Beautiful house on the new golf course. DS and I will do Tue. house today (not monster this week) and this afternoon I will go to the new one. I am not sure I should take this on but didn't want to turn them down. (friends with my best house and health issues going on)
Oh, and last night Cathy and I took Serina out for pizza. She had an hour and a half between work and an appointment she had and didn't want to drive all the way home and back. Then Cathy and I hit TJ Max and Target.
So...that's where I have been.

Now we are running out the door to start this full day. Be back later to catch up. :)
Nancycs Offline
#2090 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:18:50 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Paula did you tear the house apart looking for that strap? Did you ever find it? That was very nice of you to take on the new house. Will it be weekly?

Rhonda I know it is our duty to serve on a jury but I also was relieved when I didn't have to go in. Of course Rick and I were called at the same time but there wasn't a trial at that time so we didn't even need to go into the courthouse.

Enjoy your dinner with your brother and his family!

Laurie sorry about your refrigerator. I hope it gets done quickly for you. I didn't realize you were going to move so quickly. I thought you were going to hold off for a year. I realized you were selling things now but I thought you were just getting a head start! I hope it goes well with the realtor.

Carrie sorry about your snow. That one missed us and we didn't get anything. Did the temps get high enough to melt a lot?

Pat sorry about your horrible crop. I would not like to be cramped. I like to get up and walk around especially if I am at a standstill on my LO's. I can clear my head and go back to it. The storm also missed us. Of course we have sooo much snow as it is we really don't need more. It looks like the Easter egg hunt will be in the snow.

Lizzy you really are busy. WOW! So much to do. You will get it done and soon you will be on vacation. Did you get Sarah's room done?

I did have a nice birthday dinner and cake!BigGrin I had fun shopping. I picked up a bunch of new jeans that fit me. I got a great deal on them too. It was at the Levi's store and they were a little over $10. I can now get rid of my baggy jeans. I also got a new purse from Fossil!

Well I better post this....it has been sitting here for almost 2 hours.

Have a great day!

imnchghere Offline
#2091 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:52:26 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening... I have been trying to stop by here all day, but every time I did, I got sidetracked/interrupted and ran out of time.
Nancy, I am like you and like to be able to get up and move around periodically (besides it being good for your legs/circulation), but I inconvenienced the people in my row as well as the row of tables next to us each time I needed to get out. I was at the end of the table that was flush with a wall. I have pretty much decided I will not be going to the next one on May 4. It is possible she might be in a different room at that one, but I think I will just skip it.
Great deals on new jeans that fit. I am going to need new summer weight pants. Last time I bought new ones were when we met up with Rhonda in SLC.
I am not sure if I can accomplish anything before I go to bed. I have a cut that is giving me fits. Maybe I will play with it in CCR. Would love to get it figured out.

Flee57 Offline
#2092 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:04:54 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Carrie, I think I forgot to tell you that if I ever get called for jury duty I have printed your excuses and I will use them LOL

I no longer have an American Home Shield contract. I have a new refrigerator coming tomorrow and in case you haven't seen it, I'm on a rampage on FB.

Nancy, it probably won't be for a year but if we can get the house on the market this spring, we're going for it. If I had my way, we would have been in FL 2 weeks ago. I don't want to look for work here. I just want us to go to FL and start our new life there.

Well, I want to play with paper tonight so

Later!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#2093 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:45:32 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning! I posted yesterday but it must be floating in cyberspace.

Well the temperatures have been well above freezing for the last 36+ hours and the snow is all gone. And I hope it's to stay. I have been having computer issues with the office laptop. Crash! Crash! so that's where I have been.

Pat you have seen me at a crop. Could you imagine me at the one you went to? LOL I can't sit still for 5 seconds. What cut are doing that's giving you fits? I keep going into CCR to make cuts, but it is such a substandard program that I give up and use Silhouette Studio instead. I wish they would fix CCR.

Nancy new jeans and a smaller size. Whoo hoo!

Paula hope you get the piles cleaned up. That would drive me nuts. Jim has piles that he dumps in when he gets home from work. I tolerate them for a while but then I get all discombobulated too.

Rhonda do you have to report again for jury duty? Here if you don't get picked the first day, you keep going back every week for 6 more weeks. It really interrupts your life. The first time I got called I took a baby and a 3 year old with me. The second time I was mad because I had a trip planned and paid for and they didn't care. So when I asked a question I told them that I was pretty upset that this low life loser had to do something stupid and ruin my plans with my family. They said get lost. LOL

Laurie what kind of refrigerator did you get? We had Home Shield a long time ago and they were awful. Good luck with the house sale.

Lizzy two more days!!!! I hope they fly by.

Todays list in case I get side tracked;
Workout
Zumba
pay bills if the laptop cooperates
post office
clean up a bit
Sam's club
Hobby Lobby
Nancycs Offline
#2094 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:08:03 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Pat did you get your cuts figured out? I don't blame you about not going to the next scrap event with that group. I can't imagine you were the only one that was inconvenienced.

Laurie I suppose it can take a while for a house to sell. What did the realtor say about how long homes have been on the market? Maybe you haven't met with one yet. I remember you talking about it though....or was that Lizzy?

Carrie I hope your laptop is cooperating today. I need to pay bills too. I should do that at rest time.

Paula how was your new house?

Rhonda how was your dinner with your family? I am sure you enjoyed it.

Lizzy just one more day! I am sure you are looking forward to it.

Not much new here. Just trying to get things around and ready for Easter.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Flee57 Offline
#2095 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:40:33 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

Nancy, Lizzy and I are pretty much doing the same thing. hers of course is on a much larger scale because her house is bigger. I know we are going to Orlando. Lizzy's not sure. Still hoping she gets closer to me :) I was supposed to meet the realtor tomorrow but she has had a family emergency so we will meet next week. I'm excited but a little worried about what she'll say we need to do to get what we want out of it. We hope to make enough for a year's worth of rent so we don't have to worry about rent. Yup, we will be renting an apartment and that's ok with us!

Carrie, I can't imagine you being at a crop like that LOL sorry your laptop is giving you fits. we just got a top moount freezer regular frige. I didn't want to get something for someone else to enjoy. Plus it was an added expense we wren't expecting.

Well, I am going to be working with paper again tonight.

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2096 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:41:41 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends! Yes...one more day...and it promises to be an interesting one if it is anything like today! LOL I had cheating on a test, lying about it, girl drama including sobbing and crying, more lying about that, someone who brought $85 to school and then misplaced it so the VP had to come in and deal with that. By lunchtime, I was exhausted. I left school right after dismissal and managed to lock my keys inside the room and frankly, I will deal with that in the morning by having the custodian unlock my door for me. I was so busy, I forgot to send notes home about the lying and cheating.

Tomorrow, we have another test and we have two big assignments due. I wonder how many students will not turn in the two assignments. In the afternoon, we have a fun activity so that will take up most of the time. Thankfully, I had my raffle drawing today so most of tomorrow's extra time will be spent tidying up the room and storing away our books.

I am still under the weather and feeling tired. Maybe this weekend, I can catch up on my sleep while also doing mondo amounts of packing!

I may have found a dress for the wedding. It's one piece, but looks like a two-piece. The top is a black-and-white zebra print, peplum style with a straight black skirt. It is a bit large, so I ordered one size smaller to see how that fits. If it is too small, I will have the larger one altered. So, now I'm just waiting for the smaller one to arrive. Once I've settled on the dress, I'll shop for shoes and then be done. I want to buy a cardigan to go with another dress I bought, but I'm not sure what color I want to get...maybe a black one, or perhaps a contrast to the dress which is made of a cotton poplin and is a black and white flower print. I'm thinking a bright pink would look cute.

Kat was down early this week and cleaned out their bathroom and most of her bedroom. We traded cars for the week as she is going up the coast with some of her girlfriends and she thought my car would be more comfortable for all of them (I have an SUV). Her car is a Mazda sedan...somewhat sporty...fun to drive! I think we will have a quick meet-up on Sunday to trade back.

We are making good progress on the wedding. I got the M&M's...personalized...for the guest bags. We decided to put them together in Vegas so the bags won't get too rustled and bent up on the drive over there. I have to send a list to Sarah and tell her what I've thought about putting in them and get her "seal of approval" and then shop for all the stuff. Terry will help me put them together. She has to pick out the wedding cake and make some calls about that. I should hear back from her on that - maybe even tonight. I also need her to send me a photo of Yash and her so I can get it into a matt and frame for the guests to sign (instead of a guest book). Otherwise, I think we are just about set with everything.

Regarding American Home Shield, we have had their home warranty on several different occasions. I've never had any of the problems you have all talked about. I must have been very fortunate!

I'm getting really sleepy....I may just take a little nap here...everyone take care.

imnchghere Offline
#2097 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:25:12 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Lizzy, I hope tomorrow goes better for you at school. Then you can come home and take it easy for a day or so. I hope the dress you ordered works out also. I got lucky on both dresses for my girl's weddings. On sale and fit perfect. Is Sarah getting excited?

Laurie, you might be pleasantly surprised when the Realtor meets with you.

This evening I did finish the society album pages. I will put them in the protectors tomorrow. I use a 3 ring album for them. I then cleaned up my scrap area. Put all the partial page kits into my rolling tote. I will have no time to work on them before the meeting next week, so there is no need to have them piled on the counter. The family will all be here Sunday for Easter, so I want the kids to be able to use the room if necessary, although it should be nice enough to be outside.
Carrie, I did manage to get the cut to work using CCR. Now I just need to get the LO assembled.
Sometimes I wish I could just work on a LO without interruptions. I can't seem to turn off the rest of the world and stay focused on one thing.
Nancy, are your temps still cold enough to keep the snow from melting?

Well, like Lizzy, I am falling asleep, so I am going to bed.

Nancycs Offline
#2098 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:01:22 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Laurie I hope it goes well with the realtor. I know you have done a lot of work already so I can't imagine there would be much for you to do. I suppose there are things we may not even think of though.

Lizzy sorry about your day yesterday. I hope today is much better. That is great that you have found your dress for the wedding. It sounds very nice. I agree with the bright pink with the black and white dress!

Pat WTG on getting those society albums finished. Our temps are warm enough to melt during the day but not overnight. I think that is good though since we have so much snow and the ground can't absorb it yet. We would probably have flooding issues in the area if it melted too fast right now.

Paula, Rhonda and Carrie I hope all is going well with you!

I have a houseful with the Easter break. I do have one sick though. There is a stomach bug going around right now and 3 of my kids have gotten it. I really hope I can avoid getting it. I usually don't get it though....knock on wood.

I guess I should go find something for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

imnchghere Offline
#2099 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:39:33 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening friends... I am not going to even bore you with how crummy my day ended up. Nothing I worked on went smooth. Jim tried to run a report for me on a data base and he kept messing up. Of course because I wasted so much time trying to figure something out, I didn't get the one thing I really wanted to, started. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Lizzy, I hope your day went well and you are maybe even feeling a little better health wise. Sounds like for the wedding it is down to the last few details. Has she picked her bouquet out?

Nancy, I can understand the snow needing to melt somewhat slowly. We get some bad flooding if the snow in the higher elevations has an early thaw into the Potomac river. I think they have had over 100" in the ski resorts, which is a lot.

I did get the society pages into that album. And more stuff put away in my work room. I have a couple layouts I left out. I want to re-visit them and maybe make a change before I adhere them. Then I can put them away.

well, I am going to call it a night.

lizzyea Offline
#2100 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 12:35:08 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hello friends! My vacation has finally arrived. Yesterday was pretty mild although our VP griped to one of my colleagues that no one was doing any direct instruction...that we were all putting up lists of work for our students to do. She apparently replied that the students had to sometimes do independent work. My goodness...what does he expect? At some point, after I have spent weeks and weeks doing direct instruction, these students HAVE to put out a product that they produce without any input from me to show that they have proficiency in a skill! Really!!

I have lots of grading to do this month and lots of data to input, but I will get around to it. No pressure!

In the meantime, I am still fighting this cold. It is mild,but annoying. I cough, I'm a bit stopped up...maybe something like Mucinex would help at this point. I doubt that I have any in the cupboard, so a trip to the drugstore might be a good idea.

In the meantime, I need to begin my chores. I am sick to death of working in Sarah's room and I actually think I might try to move some of the trash bags and boxes out of the upstairs and down to the dumpster (#3) and the truck to move out of here - boxes to storage facility. In the mix, I might even try to make a run to Goodwill. Anyway...I feel like I have to get some of this stuff out of here so I can see some progress.

So, without further ado....