Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

aritxaf06cedab6 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:56:35 PM(UTC)
aritxaf06cedab6

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone!!

I'm new to the Cricut world. I've wanted one for years and finally was able to get one. I've scrapbooked for years but everything has been done by hand (printing and cutting and tracing etc..)which can be very tedious and time consuming. Now that I have my new Expressions 2, I'm super excited to get started but don't know which cartridges are the best to buy. I don't have too much money to spend so I'd like to shop smart. My family and I travel often, we spend a lot of time at the beach and we love cooking at home. I've checked out some of the cartridges and seen that some have similar images and I don't want to end up with too much of the same.

Can anyone recommend maybe their top 5 ESSENTIAL cartridges that can be the most helpful with my scrapbook pages for travel, beach and cooking?

Thanks in advance!!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 3:39:44 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 927 time(s) in 457 post(s)
Life's a Beach and From my Kitchen are older carts but would probably fit perfect in your collection. If you camp,fish, hunt... campin critters and outdoor man are must haves. I know there are others but these are a few of my favs.

you can click on shop, click on cartridge details and it will have a pdf of the handbook that you can download to see what all is on the cartridge. You can also download the free cricut craftroom design software and you will be able to select from the list of every cart made and see and play with the images. then if you own the cart,you can connect your cricut to your pc and cut your cartridge designs.

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2013 3:40:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

amber_browneb76c5f2 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 5:51:02 AM(UTC)
amber_browneb76c5f2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just bought mine a week ago and have already bought 5.. ahh!! They had a sale at Joann's for a select few for 16.99 and 24.99. I think it may end tomorrow, I also bought three off of ebay for good prices, and on cricut.com I bought one for 14.99! Keep your eyes open. 'Pack your bag' looks like it will be a fav because I travel a lot! Enjoy! Its been a little tricky for me but I know it will take time! Good Luck!!
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 9:34:36 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
I've had my cricut e2 since the first of Nov. and I still haven't bought any carts. I keep looking at them and I cant decide on which ones I want to buy..... I know I am limiting myself to a few carts a year since the idea of scrapping for me is to relax and enjoy it. It is like therapy to me. I don't want to go off the deep end buying carts. I have slowly collected all the other scrap supplies I have in the past 11 years I just don't want to go over board with the cricut. I have already bought used and worn out 5 mats and I am on my 2nd needle. I have used the 2 carts that came with my E2 and all the weekly free carts. I have really enjoyed it. I do now that I want Christmas and halloween carts..... just not sure which ones yet. I would also like an animal cart.

The one thing I have to do is remember that I have way too much other supplies to only use the cricut. which I have been doing way too much of......
amber_browneb76c5f2 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:28:04 PM(UTC)
amber_browneb76c5f2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have way too many carts also, I just went off the deep end! I was too excited.. but I was careful with the decisions that I made, and I use to scrapbook during my teens a LOT so I am hoping I can get back into it. I've got 5 years of childhood from my son that I have not started! So far so good, and I am hopefully setting up the craft room on my new laptop I just bought today. Hopefully I can figure it all out!
BeckyW. Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:24:25 PM(UTC)
BeckyW.

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I would recommend starting off with a variety to slowly build up your collection. A nice font one is Ashlyn's Alphabet and Doodlecharms and Create a Critter have a wide variety of things to work from. As for seasonal carts Joys of the Season and Happy Hauntings are good.
Have fun!!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:35:43 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
The "Cake" cartridges are good to check out since they have a large variety. I pull out my MS Seasonal Cake cart for every holiday and it's wicked cheap on Ebay lately. I won one for $9 that I sent in a swap.

The best advice is the one who said to check out the pdf of the handbooks to see what's available that coincides with your needs.