Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mary R. Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:52:23 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Just have to give a shout out to Provo Craft for their Simple Cards Cartridge and new cricut mats. I love, love, love both productsFlapper Flapper Flapper . I made a ton of simple cards to give away as gifts at Christmas (blank insdie) and the best is how the envies print out perfectly to fit each card...love it. Ooooh I already said that huhLOL

I received the mats (lite & standard) OMG! they are wonderful. No more adding tape to hold down the paper. I'm so darn happySmile.

Best, Mary R.
 5 users thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 3/28/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 3/28/2013(UTC), cricaholic on 3/29/2013(UTC), ellamap on 4/1/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 4/1/2013(UTC)
ottergirl Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:46:28 PM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Nice to see/hear someone so happy. Feels good doesn't it? BigGrin
Calmom Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:39:06 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
I agree the New Mats are nice but way too expensive for only getting 1 Mat when we use to get 2 in a package. I'm hoping to find them cheaper online otherwise I will just continue using my 8 older mats.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 9:26:12 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 886 time(s) in 488 post(s)
I would love to buy Simple Cards, Creative Cards and Southwest, but they haven't UPDATED DESIGN STUDIO. No newer carts for me until the UPDATE DESIGN STUDIO!!!!

As far as the new mats, my concern is that they will stop making the Expression/Imagine mats to force us to buy the newer mats. I have an Imagine, so not very happy about that prospect since the new mats cannot be used in the Imagine.
cricaholic Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 10:39:34 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1223 time(s) in 698 post(s)
How many mats do you get??
it says 2 mats?
what's the difference between lite and standard??
how much was the S&H on the mats? do they come rolled or flat?
Sad I can't find any mats in town....I guess they're getting ready for the "New" shipment.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 12:03:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
I agree the New Mats are nice but way too expensive for only getting 1 Mat when we use to get 2 in a package. I'm hoping to find them cheaper online otherwise I will just continue using my 8 older mats.

How much did you have to pay for them? If they're the same price for one as we use to get two, I guess I will keep using my 2008/2009 mats I bought (I have several packages I have never had to open, as yet).

I just use the blue tape....it's not that much of a hassle. I can place them and strip them off pretty quickly. I also use the blue tape strips over and over and over. I bought four blue tapes on sale in 2008.....and I just opened my second roll the other day!! It lasts forever!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
luvwaltdisney96559b0a on 4/5/2013(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 12:38:17 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
Ugh - yeah they are only 1 in a package - I misread.

Edited by user Friday, March 29, 2013 12:39:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
The standard grip comes 2 to a package. The light grip and heavy grip are one to a package.

So glad the OP had a nice comment and wanted to share it! BigGrin
GrammyCris Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 1:38:31 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1180 time(s) in 551 post(s)
I have the standard ones and they are 2 in a pkg and about the same price as the older mats. I have used them for just about everything, light to heavy cardstock, vinyl, heavy glitter paper...and they all cut beautifully on this mat. I don't cut chipboard or light papers very often at all so I probably would never worry about purchasing those mats at that price....but when you get a chance try the standard ones out, you will love them!
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
cricaholic on 4/1/2013(UTC)
Granny510 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 7:26:47 PM(UTC)
Granny510

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
GB
Why do you think that Design Studio will be updated? I was under the impression that CCR was taking its place.
Granny510
GypsyBoricua Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 7:35:44 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: Granny510 Go to Quoted Post
GB
Why do you think that Design Studio will be updated? I was under the impression that CCR was taking its place.
Granny510

I keep calling them, asking them. A year ago or so, they said they would not update the software portion of DS but would continue to provide cartridge updates. So I have been buying carts because of this promise.

A little over 30 days ago, in the Design Studio forum I asked the question directly to CricutGena if there were going to update Design Studio and if so when. She replied that YES they were going to update it but couldn't give me an exact time frame. You can go to the Design Studio forum and see her answer.

I think 30 days is more than sufficient time to at least give us a ball park date like "Not until the summer" or "by the Fall".

So if they make a promise to you, I think they should keep that promise. If they are not going to ever do another cartridge update to DS, they should let us know. 5 months and no update and no word.

Edited by user Monday, April 01, 2013 7:36:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 7:40:35 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Just to add something else. If they never do an cartridge update to DS, then I will not be buying the newer carts. But I will not use CCR just so I can buy the newer carts. I don't want to put any of my money towards having to use CCR. And if I buy any of the newer carts, I would have to use CCR. I will use CCR on my terms, not PC's terms.
swatts66 Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 8:30:46 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
Mary and other people who have purchased the new mats - would you please keep us posted as to how long they stay sticky from when you first started to use them? Thanks so much.
cricaholic Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:13:36 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
I have the standard ones and they are 2 in a pkg and about the same price as the older mats. I have used them for just about everything, light to heavy cardstock, vinyl, heavy glitter paper...and they all cut beautifully on this mat. I don't cut chipboard or light papers very often at all so I probably would never worry about purchasing those mats at that price....but when you get a chance try the standard ones out, you will love them!

did you order them from here? do they mail them rolled or flat?
Mary R. Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:27:29 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Originally Posted by: swatts66 Go to Quoted Post
Mary and other people who have purchased the new mats - would you please keep us posted as to how long they stay sticky from when you first started to use them? Thanks so much.

I just started using them Saturday, March 29th. I really doubt I'll remember to post when they are no longer sticky. I'll write a note to myself & hope I remember where I put it lol. Just kidding I'll keep it with my carts.

Best, Mary R.
Mary R. Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:29:03 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
did you order them from here? do they mail them rolled or flat?

I ordered them from here, cricut.com they arrived flat. All my mats from PC are flat, never had any rolled.

Best, Mary R.
 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
cricaholic on 4/3/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:30:24 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
How many mats do you get??
it says 2 mats?
what's the difference between lite and standard??
how much was the S&H on the mats? do they come rolled or flat?
Sad I can't find any mats in town....I guess they're getting ready for the "New" shipment.

You get 1 in the lightweight package and 2 in the standard.

Best, Mary R.
Mary R. Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 9:32:22 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post

Truthfully GrammyCris, I purchased the mats based on your recommendation in another post. A few you mentioned how please you were with the new mats so I went ahead & bought some.

Thanks. Mary R.
fedexbarks0cce2be6 Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:44:21 PM(UTC)
fedexbarks0cce2be6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I work in an elementary school and use my cricut for class a lot. In the ad for the new mats it says now you will be able to cut construction paper, have any of you tried to cut construction paper yet. That would be a teachers dream, as card stock, even the cheapest kind gets very expensive when you are cutting for 40+ students. Anyone try it, please post how well it works.

I am thinking the cutting itself might not be that great, even if the new mats don't rip the paper when you try to pull it off.

Tina
AuntieKLE Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:47:24 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 176 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fedexbarks0cce2be6 Go to Quoted Post
I work in an elementary school and use my cricut for class a lot. In the ad for the new mats it says now you will be able to cut construction paper, have any of you tried to cut construction paper yet. That would be a teachers dream, as card stock, even the cheapest kind gets very expensive when you are cutting for 40+ students. Anyone try it, please post how well it works.

I am thinking the cutting itself might not be that great, even if the new mats don't rip the paper when you try to pull it off.

Tina

I use my Cricut machine for School and have always used construction paper without any problems. The school buys TRU-RAY heavyweight construction paper. I have only had problems with a few tearing but I think it was another brand of construction paper.

I am using the original mats. I purchased a lot of mats when I heard the mats were changing.
I don't have any of the new mats.

After I have cut several things and my mat doesn't seem as sticky, I just wipe it with a wipe or run the mat under running water and gently rub the mat with my fingers to get the paper fibers off and let dry. I have had my Cricut machine for over 5 years.

HTH

cricaholic Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:33:16 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
I ordered them from here, cricut.com they arrived flat. All my mats from PC are flat, never had any rolled.

Best, Mary R.

THANKS for the info
ThumbDown a few years ago I ordered some mats from Oh my crafts and they sent them in a tube box. it took me forever to get those mats flattened out. I haven't ordered mats online since.
I'll order from here. THANKS!! Theres no mats to be found in town and I cracked my one and only 12x12 mat LOL don't ask me how LOL LOL
cricaholic Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:43:18 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Woot THANKS EVERYONE! I ordered a pkg of the standard mats....

RollEyes I was planning on a project last night and OhMyGod OH LOOK!!! I forgot I have Imagine mats... so I was able to finish my project. Of course their not as sticky as the regular cricut mats I had to spray a temporary adhesive but it's do till my mats come in....