Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8283848586>
housefullofrotties Offline
#2491 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 12:07:26 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy Friday! Have a delightful day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2492 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 6:08:13 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning and happy Good Friday. Looking forward to a new day, because yesterday ended up being a waste for a few things. Hoping today is better and more productive. I have an email to create and send to a group of people and then I have a couple layouts I would like to work on.
Gramma, so glad that the test results were as anticipated and we will pray away that cyst as well.
Renate, I am with you on Deb and her house cleaning. I wish I had her stamina and drive. I told Jim, that as soon as the meeting on the 6th is over, I am going to crack down and get this house cleaned and in order. I was doing so well until I had to quit for the holidays. I have things that have been gone through, but still need to be put or hauled away.
Phyllis, that frame was much bigger than I thought. We actually only have 13 on Sunday, but 7 a
are children. I am just hoping the weather co-operates and they can be outside. They love to walk down by the lake or just over to the park/playground.

Deb, I was thinking maybe you could send your cards this time to either Phyllis or Renate. I got close to 500 from a gal in PA and another 200+ from Kristine in FL, that were almost all general purpose. I will have to see who else has signed up that can maybe send to either one also. I will probably send a couple boxes out next week if I can get them boxed up.

Well, I need to get busy here. I was going to try to get a walk in today, but I might have to settle for a bike ride. I will be back later.

Dbson Offline
#2493 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 10:15:33 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Afternoon, what a beautiful day....Happy Good Friday...should be a quiet weekend here....hope to have a meal around the 14th.....hubby got a call yesterday from his cousin, they are having his mom (this is also MIL's only living sister) an 85th b'day party on Apr 13, she is the one with the health issues and right now it is very confusing what we are being told...need to get her a special card done...I told her years ago that if I could have picked my 'MIL' then she would be it....

Hubby ran a couple errands this morning and gave me some time to get the den cleaned up, also got a 2 1/2 mile walk in....tomorrow I will have to get on the bike or the treadmill...they are closed on the weekend....

I have enough cards I can send some to both Renate and Phyllis....they will be general use if that is ok...I will get them mailed first of the week....need to get some of these out of my stash and put in use.

Hello to all that drop in, I am down to putting the eating area back together, then on to the kitchen.
Have a great day, off to get this house finished.....
#2494 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 7:27:39 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi. I hope the day treated everyone well.

Renate~The days seem to go by so fast just trying to get everything done. Did you hear from the kids regarding Easter plans? A walk around the block sounds nice! I'm hoping to do that some day! Bummer on the mailbox, at least you tried. The cold is still hanging on, although it's much better. The cough is the worst and it doesn't seem to have any plans to leave!

Pat~Hope you have things under control, you're going in all directions! Wow on all those cards you received!

Deb~Glad you are enjoying your new walk schedule. Holy cats on the cleaning. I don't know how you do it! Hope H is improving. I do remember now that she's graduating. How fun that she's making the invites. I think the bride has burned her bridge.

Gramma~Woohoo for the good news! Hope you get the same results in three months. Enjoy your day with the family tomorrow.

Phyllis~Hope you enjoyed some b-ball yesterday and today. I wanted to watch Marquette last night but knew I wouldn't be able to shut it off and go to bed!

Busy day today. Worked almost a full day, went through a huge pile of paperwork and got my taxes done. Glad that's out of the way. Made dinner and cleaned the kitchen, just about ready for bed. I am hoping to work in my room all weekend and maybe do a few things around the house too. Brad had said a few days ago that he was going to insulate the garage tomorrow so I hope that's still a plan and he doesn't interrupt mine! I got a little SU! box yesterday and a great big one today. I was good though and haven't opened it yet...wanted to make sure I got things done first. Guess I'll go do that before I go to bed. Have a nice evening!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2495 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 9:52:10 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good early early morning everyone. I started a post this morning and got a 2 1/2 hour phone call, then on to my chores, and before I knew it, it was basketball time, so you know the rest of the story. I have to get out tomorrow and get some errands done.

Pat, I see Deb is going to send cards to both Renate and myself. Thanks Deb. Wow on all those cards you received. I am expecting some from an outside person, not sure how many. Hope things are falling into place for you. My cleaning seems to take a back seat lately, I have an abundance of laundry to do too.

Renate, sorry about them not fixing your mailbox. Yes, our weather runs about the same as yours within a degree or two. It is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow. Rain and cooler on Monday (Reds opening day), my brother has tickets, I need to call him and see if he is still going. Sorry about IU losing but Syracuse is really a rough team to play.

Jess, I would love to see all your craft room and all those SU goodies, bet you could start your own store. Hope Brad leaves you alone tomorrow so you can do what you want to do. I see Marquette plays Syracuse next, hope they can handle them, they're tough as I mentioned to Renate. Ohio State is still moving along, giving you heart palpitations as they wait until the last minute to win.

Deb, I see you're still cleaning, you are a wonder woman, LOL. Could you send some of that energy to me? Thanks for the cards, I'm low this time as is Renate. Lordy Lordy, I see you took a 2.5 mile walk too, shew now I'm really tired.

Better get off here and get my room cleaned up a bit, it's a total mess, been working on some cards tonight plus the mess that was already there.

Hi Gramma and Joanne.
Dbson Offline
#2496 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:33:53 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, I am trying to attach some pics of cards to the theme thread....guess I don't know how to so I will try to upload them later to photobucket....
Phyllis and Renate: you will get 40 each, similar designs....should be in the mail Tuesday....
Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter....later...
#2497 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:14:59 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi. Hope everyone had a nice day!

Phyllis~We're you able to get your errands done? Do any cleaning? Ohio is looking as lackluster as Marquette did. Syracuse didn't even look good until a good way through the second half. I have a happy niece (U of M) and an unhappy nephew (Michigan State). The Big 10 has done everyone one proud though (Marquette too!). I'll be pulling for Ohio and Michigan!

Deb~That's awesome that you're able to help out with so many cards!

I've been working all day (with many little breaks) on wedding invites. I'm so bored with it and feel like I'm getting nowhere. I'm working on the pocket. The pieces were cut to 2x9 and then I'm scoring them at 1/2 inch on the sides and 1/4 inch on the bottom. Then I'm adhering them to the invitation base (and hoping they stay put!). I think I'm getting a blister on the tip of my thumb from the bone folder! It is tedious and taking forever. I'm going to keep working until bedtime and tomorrow I'll work on stamp camp. If my room ever gets presentable, I have projects everywhere, I'll take pictures of my room. And tomorrow I really should do a few things around the house! Have a nice night!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2498 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:06:25 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening castlemates,
Pat, you and me both need to work on the house. I have bags of stuff in one of the spare rooms, waiting to be sorted and taken to donation places. I want to add a lot more stuff though before I do that. Do you ever feel like the more you do the more needs to be done? Wow you do have a lot of CFS cards but you also have a huge unit.
Deb, thank you for sending me some of your cards. GU are great. Did you get your special card made for your special lady (MIL's sister)? Hope she is doing better than you were told. Wow to cleaning and still having energy left to do a 2 1/2 mile walk.
Jess, are you taking anything for that persistent cough? Hope you can send it far far away soon.
So was Brad doing his insulation project and leaving you alone to do your projects? Those invites sound tedious and boring. Does that motivate you to say 'no' the next time you are asked to do stuff like that? Probably not!! DH straightened the mailbox up but we haven't put anything in the 'spaces' yet (the earth is soft from all that melted snow). Need to go to Lowes and get some pebbles or 'stakes'.
Phyllis, glad you enjoyed watching the games. Well IU dropped out as did some of the others that were expected to win. Yeah, we're getting a drop in the temps for Monday too with rain and/or a little nasty stuff from Sunday night to Monday.--The 2 guys from the unit Jennifer gave you should be there. They had not arrived yet when she gave the names, and they should be there for a few more months.
Well, like at Deb's house, it will be quiet here too. We will get with DD next Friday and DS sometime later too. Tomorrow is DHs birthday and I am taking him out to eat. Holidays have become too complicated once the kids grew up, my opinion.
Hope everyone has a good night and a good Easter. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2499 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:16:14 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Easter to all, had a very quiet day here....slept til almost 8, that is so not me.....guess I was tired....great service at church and home to work on a few cutting files. Hate it when I have a file, can't remember the name and takes 3 hours to locate it after going thru hundreds and hundreds....but have no fear, I found it...I offered to make some favors for the 2014 retreat, will be 'chocolate themed'. Have a cute file that looks like a Hershey kiss when tied up at the top, will hold 3 or 4 kisses....

Hubby is probably going to the dentist in the morning/when they can see him, his mouth has a place that doesn't look like it is healing and I am afraid he may have/get an infection.....

Jess I see you are working on the wedding invites....hope you get them done soon.

Renate I haven't made the card yet, but it is on my 'to do' list this week.....

Never did figure out how to 'attach files' to the thread, so I just deleted the post and will try something else....

Hello to everyone, hope you all have a great start to your week.....I made potato soup for supper yesterday and we have enough for tonight. Night....
#2500 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:49:51 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you all had a nice day. It was quiet here.

Renate~Count me in the "need to work on the house" group. I can't answer for Pat, but I always feel like the more I do, the more I have to do. I have not taken anything for my cough. When I first got sick I looked for an antihistamine free cough syrup but couldn't find one. I know they have them but I was too sick to keep looking! Brad did not work on insulation this weekend. He was too busy being crabby to do anything productive. Where did you go for DH's birthday dinner?

Deb~I bet you did need the rest after all that work during the week. The file sounds cute! Hope DH is okay. The invites will drag on for a while yet!

I've been working on cleaning up last months camp cards, did all the laundry and bedding, made dinner and cleaned the kitchen. I'm going to get ready for bed. Busy week ahead! Sweet dreams!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2501 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:11:41 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, quiet in the castle.
Deb, I guess you needed the rest after being the Energizer bunny a few days ago. Hope DH can get the pain and possible infection taken care of.--Glad you found your file, I do that too sometimes. How many of those favors are you going to make?

Jess, this weekend went by too fast. I ended up going to get Applebees for dinner, DH did not want to go out. I got him the riblets. I had the grilled chicken/portabella mushrooms, no onions. It had the onions anyway and too much salt. I don't think you always get the best food when you take it home. Sorry your insulation did not get done. My week ahead will be busy too. Try to take it easy.

I prepared the taxes in Turbo Tax. I'll go over them again tomorrow and then file. What a way to spend a holiday. Also finished my cards. That was more fun.

The weather was pretty nice today, mild and mostly sunny. Back to the 40's for most of the week and then maybe we'll have Spring for real.

Hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2502 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:24:42 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a Happy Easter. Cooking, laundry, etc. for me but it's all done and now I ready to relax. Watched basketball while I was cooking, nearly burned my food when Louisville's boy broke his leg, that was so hard to look at, but so glad they went on to win the game for him.

Renate, woo hoo on getting your taxes done. I use Turbo Tax also and must get that taken care of next week. Angry Our weather was pretty nice today, temps weren't too bad and a little sunshine came through later in the day.

Jess, watch that cough, don't let it go on forever; I worry about pneumonia. Looks like Michigan is going on to the final four. Exciting time next weekend.

Deb, hope hubby gets that mouth place taken care of, he sure doesn't want infection. Glad you found your kisses file, sounds cute. The way I attach files here is make a post then come back and click on attach. Is that not working for you?

Hello Pat and Gramma and anyone else who drops in.
imnchghere Offline
#2503 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:50:36 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening castle peeps and a belated Happy Easter. We had a good day today with family, BUT... it was dreary, overcast and drizzly most of the rain, with even a few rain showers. Seven children were stuck inside and there were a lot of hassles and noisy activities. Made the adults a little testy, but we worked through it. I am hoping dd's fiance's 2 children can eventually fit in. All the kids are going to have to work a little at getting along and respecting each other's space.
Tomorrow, I have to bury myself in my craft room and complete 4 layouts. They are laid out and ready to adhere, then I just need to add the embellishments. I think they are turning out well and since they are a gift, I want to get them in the mail before we go to Gettysburg.

I have a project I need to spend some time on for Jim and I also want to get back to my purging project. Hoping I will be able to start on the project tomorrow and get back to the purging after I finish up the layouts.
Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

#2504 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:33:58 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! Have a good and productive day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2505 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 7:04:12 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning...got a 2 1/3 mile walk in this morning, about 35 mins....
Phyllis when I made a post, tried to attach the file it only gave the 'link'...maybe I should try attaching from the computer and not photobucket....I got them on the sign up thread...hubby called me to the TV after that poor player went down, I am sure it was a horrible thing to see...glad he is doing ok after surgery.
Pat I understand with 'kids' and space....sorry the weather did not allow them to get outside....
Jess have a good day at work, how is the runny nose doing?
Renate hope you also have a good at work too....
Gramma how is the computer doing? Still good I hope....
Hubby is 'blah' today again, going to call the dentist in a bit, he doesn't feel up to even getting dressed right now....it may be nothing, but I sure don't want him to wait either.
Just found out on FB that a family friend has multiple myeloma, her hubby is a good friend of my hubby, sure to hate to hear this.....starting treatments today....
Hello to everyone that drops in, I need to get a shower and get groceries this morning, not that I want to, but we are running out of some things...plus we have a meal at church Sunday and I need to pick up my food for those dishes....
Have a great day, later.....
#2506 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:45:13 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Have a fabulous day! I'm barely out of bed and I'm already behind. Sure hope I can catch up!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2507 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:45:13 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, beautiful day...sunny but still a bit cool....got the walk in this morning, I managed 37 laps today for about 2 1/2 miles....trying to increase by a lap or two a day.....housework done, thinking about a trip to Lowe's for birdseed and a few other items for outside use, plus look at paint for my bedroom. I hope everyone has a great day, later....
#2508 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:13:17 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone!

Renate~Why do the weekends always go by so fast?? Sorry to hear your take out wasn't as good as it should have been. The insulation is going up right at this moment! I don't know how much he plans on doing tonight but now that it's started it should get done quickly. Right?? I use taxactonline for my taxes. Those programs sure make it easir than it use to be!

Phyllis~We were watching the game too. How freaky. It looked absolutely horrible. Poor kid. I'm glad they're optimistic about his recovery. I'm going to have to root for Michigan, how about you? Thank you for the order!

Pat~Glad you had a nice Easter, wish the weather could have been better for you. Congratulations to DD. I don't know that I knew of the engagement. It's always work to combine two families. Hope the kids make it an easy adjustment.

Deb~Sure wish DH was feeling better. What did the dentist say? Runny nose was better until this morning when it started up again. It's doing better now. It's just this dang cough that's really bugging me. Hope you got your shopping done. Good job on the walking. I really need to get started on that myself.

Work has been busy and I've been kind of a slug when I get home. So much to do wherever I turn! Oh, and I snuck in a little nap today. I think I'm going to get myself ready for bed and then force myself to work in my room for a bit. Hope everyone has a nice evening. Hi to Gramma and Joanne!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2509 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:52:34 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening....let me see if I can catch up......ran more errands, big bag of bird seed and a few other things from Lowe's, picked up some paint sample cards.....think it will be a hard decision to make there...plus the bathroom will also have to be done so I need to consider how all the 'colors' will look..a couple other stops......the curb market opened back up so I ran in and got some tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers....nice salad for supper....

Dentist told hubby just going to take a long, long time to heal.....it isn't a pretty site in there either....he had been rinsing with salt water so that was all he said to do.....so we will see what the rest of the week brings and go again if he still has issues.....

Renate did you check your taxes and get them finished up? I pay to have ours done, since hubby retired and you get that amount 'not taxed', I didn't want to take a chance. I did taxes many years ago when the kids were small, good income for a short while....

Jess did the room get finished? How about the wedding stuff?

Pat I see you will be going to G'burg soon, are these pages for your album on the society that need completing? Or did you finish them up already?

Phyllis did your friend pick up the frame you did for her? I am sure she loved it.....

Hello to all dropping by.....

I am going to finish up the bulletin and maybe I can get them done tomorrow night and not have to go back to church later this week.....plus I need to find my recipe for a corn salad I want to carry.....while I am thinking of it, my cousin told me this afternoon about a Snicker Pie they had in cooking class that I missed....it sounds wonderful.....can't wait to get the recipe.....

Have a great night.....

Edited by user Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:21:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#2510 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:57:49 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Tuesday evening,
I read all the posts from the last couple of days. Looks like everyone had a good Easter. Pat, sorry the weather didn't cooperate but seems everyone got along alright. When is DD getting married? Did you start on your project for Jim?
Deb, did I miss where you do your laps? You're doing much better than I do, I've been so busy at work and have not taken the time to get away. I know I know I need to LOL. Sorry DH is going to have to be patient with the healing progress. No, my takes are not filed yet. They are on my after work agenda tomorrow. I will need to pay to file State taxes via Turbotax or mail the printed version. Mailing takes too long to get the refund. We actually get a small refund on both. Have extra $$ taken out every paycheck. The tax thing probably gets harder to do once you retire and have different income and expenses to figure out. Snicker Pie sounds sinfully delicious!!
Jess, I never used taxactonline, is it like Turbotax? Do you have to buy the program online? Did the insulation go up as quickly as you hoped? I hope you did not have to help. Did you work in your room this evening? I hear you on 'so much to do wherever I turn', I can never just go to bed without having to do 50 million more things first. Does your coughing come from your runny nose/ draining? Are you planning to see the doctor if it does not get better soon??
Well, I looked for a flight to DC last night, I need to use my award miles that I had lost and had to re-purchase. I don't want to lose them again. Couldn't find a return flight at a decent hour so I had to request more leave and will return on Monday instead of Sunday. I'm going middle of next week, visiting DS and family. I am so ready for a break.--I'm going to get the CFS card box ready tonight. It still needs the note. I went through the cards I received yesterday and found a few Mother's Day cards that will go in the box.
Well, I better go - hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
#2511 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:39:30 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning! Have a delightful day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2512 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:24:19 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy MOW to you all.....dreary day here, looks like some rain might roll in....I really don't have to get out today, but hubby wants to go to WM and since it will be a 'just to look for something' trip I won't feel so pushed for time. I have been meaning to pick up a new Wii game, someone said the Zumba is a great workout....we got our walk in early this morning, I managed 41 laps in 41 mins, 2 3/4 of a mile done. I feel so much better....

Renate we have a huge church about 1 1/2 miles from us (friend lives a block away) and their gym has a track that anyone can use, open 5am-8pm...a great place to walk.....I know you will enjoy your trip to see the family....you will have to take lots of pics to scrap a few pages....my cards show as being out for delivery..

Phyllis I saw my cards were out for delivery to you today.....

Jess have a great day, you are probably almost ready to head home by now....

Hello to everyone that drops in, I am off to get some clothes put away, hubby thinks he can muster enough chewing power for a burger tonight for supper....headed to get them cooked so when we get home from church we can eat....have a great day......

Edited by user Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:52:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phyllis Offline
#2513 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 1:53:02 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good afternoon/evening to everyone. I've been doing a little house cleaning today, been having problems with my hip and leg so having to take lots of breaks. I added some Tylenol to my prescription medicine for an extra boost, I sure needed it because my bathrooms have to be cleaned if nothing else gets cleaned.

Deb, I received your cards today, they are beautiful, love them. Thanks for the postage help too. Our lazy mailman stuffed them into our mailbox (which is just a normal size mailbox), if it had been something that should not be crushed and bent, it would have been toast. Luckily, the cards were OK. My you are certainly getting a lot of walking in, wish I could walk like that but my hip and leg problems prevent a lot of walking, that's my story and and I'm sticking to it, LOL. Nice that you have a place to go that you can walk inside so weather is not an issue. My friend did get her frame and is very very happy with it.

Renate, glad you're getting to get away to DC to see your DS, I'm sure you'll enjoy that. Woo hoo on getting a refund on your taxes. I still haven't started mine.

Jess, glad Brad's insulation project has begun. I can understand how you're so tired, you put in some long hours. I decided to try the new SU ink pads, I wasn't too happy with the old ones. I just ordered the colors that I already have ink refills for except the basic brown, which is not listed so guess it's been discontinued. I ordered the chocolate brown, hope it matches good enough. Any idea when it will ship? I will have to root for Louisville, they've been my second choice after Ohio. My BFF is rooting for Michigan.

Pat, I didn't know your DD was getting married either. Hope all the kiddies will merge OK.

Guess I'll check my dryer which has a load of bathroom rugs. DH is out running around and I'm sure he is hanging out at the lake, he is soooo anxious to start his fishing next week. A very pretty day here today, sunny and 55 degrees.
RGK Offline
#2514 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:08:05 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening,
Deb, I think it's great that you have the gym to walk, you walk more than I have lately so I better get going before you leave me too far behind LOL. Did you get the Zumba for the workout. How did hubby do with the hamburger? I'm sure he was ready for some solid food.--I got your cards today, they sure are pretty, thanx also for the postage help. DH addressed the box and customs label and I got the box ready to go tomorrow after work. I hope the new CPT will let me know when he gets it, the previous CPT usually did.
Phyllis, hope your hip/leg are better, you don't want the pain keep you from cleaning your house!! Glad the lady liked the frame.--Time to get those pesky taxes started. I sat with DH today and watched Judge Judy after I got home. He wanted pizza and by the time that was done and I got the card box ready and note written it was too late to start checking on the taxes. So I will shoot for tomorrow.
It was nice out today. The weather man said this morning that we should have had the last night of the season with temps in the 20s. I hope he's right. It will be in the 60s by the weekend and maybe even 70 next week. Gee I wonder what that will feel like. Some years we have the heat on one week and the A/C a couple of weeks later.
Jess, you are hopefully sound asleep. Have a great Thursday, and feel better.
Hello to Pat, Gramma, Joanne, Karen, let us know how you are doing. Renate.
#2515 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:39:27 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! Have a fabulous day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2516 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:16:40 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. brrr chilly here with upper 20's again. This is getting really old. Monday the forecast is for 70. That I can deal with. And once I get this weekend over with, I can get back to my normal busy life.
Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do here. I read all the posts with good intentions, but then we all know about that path.
As for dd's wedding, they are looking at probably next spring, so nothing in the immediate future. There is no rush. One thing they need to work on is getting a larger place to live and financially they just can't do that right now.

I am trying to get a plan made to go to CA to see my Mom. Her health is not necessarily fading, but she has had a couple health issues this year. Most recent was a fall on Mon am that landed her on her butt. She was already having a hip problem, which looks like Bursitis. She managed to call an ambulance and they took her to the hospital. My sis called me Tue and they are having trouble getting her mobile, plus she was in a lot of pain. They will not release her until she is mobile. I have not heard from my sister since. She has no internet and her cell phone doesn't get good service. I know she is spending most of the day at the hospital, so I can't call easily. Hoping to get her this morning, since I will be in Gettysburg until Sunday. Anyway, as soon as I get home, I am going to look into flights and try to get something booked. And that is my story.

Jess, I hope you are on the downside of the runny nose/cough. I've had a number of friends with the same thing, so it must be nationwide. I saw that SU is discontinuing their water color crayons. Do you use them? I hear they are very good and last forever.

Phyllis, I was wondering about dh and his fishing. I am thinking it won't be long.

Renate, weather is going to be great next week. Will you be going to see the blossoms, or just visiting with the family? I was going to try to get a box of cards sent today, but I don't think I will have time to get to the PO. We are taking off sometime this afternoon late. Monday might be better for me. I still have to make sure I have everything I need packed. I too, need to get back to exercising. I was going to order a Zumba cd set designed for baby boomers (aka seniors), but haven't done it. My dd has lost 85 lbs in the last year doing Zumba and eating healthier. She loves it.
Deb, I would be curious about Zumba for the Wii ???? And that track sounds perfect for your needs. A lot of people use the malls here, but the closest one for me is 10 miles and I would be in rush hour traffic to get there.

Well, I need to get my clothes picked out to pack while dh is gone and then finish gathering society papers I might need. I'll be back later.

Dbson Offline
#2517 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:41:12 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good wet Thursday morning, a bit cooler here too.....I know we need rain, but sure makes for a dreary day.
Got my walk in, friend slept in a bit but she was wanting to make 3 miles today, I stayed back and walked with her, we got 3 miles/50 mins....considering she has toe issues and both knees have been replaced...but she did get some new shoes and that is making her walk much better.....

Renate hubby barely got the burger down, his mouth is so sore.....tonight for him may be a pb/jelly or something soft and easy to 'gum'...bless his heart, it is hard on him.....and he doesn't complain but I know he is hurting. Glad the cards arrived, hope they will help fill that box....

Glad the cards arrived, Phyllis...one time I was told at the PO that I really didn't need to 'tape up' the box/envelope like I did, I promptly told her that not everyone had a 'great postman' like we do....no one has said another word to me....

Pat have a safe trip.........my WM was out of the Zumba game, they do have it at another WM a few miles up the road, so tomorrow I may run up and get it....will let you know when I experiment with it. Congrats on DD's new path in life...I totally understand combining kids, hopefully they will be able to meld together once the wedding day arrives....

A friend is coming by this afternoon, she host the BIG weekend retreats I attend....she loves the bread so I have a pan of cinnamon rolls done and some regular bread in the oven now.....so I better get off here and check it out....

Hi to all that drop by, will check in later tonight......
#2518 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:59:18 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy afternoon! Hope everyone is doing well!

Deb~You're keeping just as busy as usual! I can understand how H is feeling about the sore mouth. Brad is still dealing with all of it. Hoping to be completed within the next couple of weeks. My living room is finished and just this morning had an epiphany and think I decided on my bathroom colors. I really don't want to change it but since Brad had to do a patch, he thinks it's time to change (plus he doesn't think I'd be able to match up the finish, he of little faith!!). So I'm sad, but it's not worth arguing about. The flooring in my dining room is worth the arguing though! Hope you were able to get the bulletins done and you receive the recipe you want. I have a few friends who Zumba, they love it. How about hot beef or pulled pork for H on soft buns. Substance without major chewing.

Renate~Getting a little refund is better than no refund at all. I know the whole "when you get a refund back you've been borrowing your money to the government" but it's almost like a saving account, not really but I'm sure you know what I mean!! taxactonline is a tax preparation software too. The insulation project got finished last night. Brad is happy and I'm happy that I didn't have to help! I didn't get to my room Tuesday after all, but I spent a few hours in there yesterday. Still working on my last camp card extras from last month. Glad you found a good flight for DC. I bet it'll be a nice visit... and you'll be there for the cherry blosooms!

Phyllis~Deb walks more than I do too! And she also cleans way more than I do! How are you coming along with your taxes? Pizza is always a good choice in my book! You have some nice weather coming your way. Lucky you! It hit about 50 today for a little bit but the clouds are rolling in and we're waiting for rain (always good to add a little more to the mud in my yard).

Pat~Brrr here too! Even with a little nicer temps outside I've been freezing in the house. Glad DD has some time before the wedding. Do you like her fiance? I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I sure hope you hear from your sister soon and are able to get out there. Have a fun time in Gettysburg. I love the SU! crayons. I don't use them a lot for stamp camp (because of the kits, it'd be a lot of work) but they work awesome and do last forever. They said they've been having problems with the supplier for these and the pencils so will be discontinuing them. Way to go to DD for losing the weight!

The cough is still dragging me down. Since so many others have it I think it's just from the cold and nothing more serious. Maybe I can rest some this weekend. Ha! I doubt it! I have a bridal shower on Saturday and haven't purchased a gift yet. Also have a wedding for another couple on the 20th. I have to say, these couples have some "out there" things on their registries. If anyone has a Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon I'd love it if you shared. I tried to find one online but all the offers want you to sign up and I don't want to sign up!
Big SU! news...a color change and free shipping April 6-8. All the color stuff is while supplies last (crayons too!) so with the free shipping (min $6.95 or 10%) it's a good time to get what you need. I was going to try and hold off on ordering since I just placed a huge order but I won't be able to resist. As you know, I'm a stocker upper (It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it) so I need to make sure I have a stash of the retiring colors. Well, I've been mostly lazy since I've been home so I better get a dinner plan together. Have a fabulous Friday eve!

Jess
#2519 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 12:41:59 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Have a great day. I see a nap in my future!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2520 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 7:32:23 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, got a little over 3 miles in this morning, whew....I am tired too....
Jess I see you want a nap today....hope you can squeeze one in....hope Brad's mouth doesn't give him much more trouble...hubby did manage a baked potato and baked beans last night...tonight I am cooking biscuits/eggs so he should be able to manage some easy chewing....I did get the bulletin done Wed night after our service...that helps to get it done while there....our church is not in a 'good area' and I would never, ever go alone.....
Pat hope your 'weekend' plans go well...sorry to read about your mom....hope you can get a flight out soon and visit.
Renate are you packed yet?
Phyllis did hubby stop by his favorite fishing hole?
Joanne have you been on the cruise yet?
Gramma how are things with you?
Hubby's aunt just called, she has appts next week in Birmingham about her stomach, they have not told her if it is cancer....she has an 85th b'day gathering on the 13th of this month, got the card finished.
Hello to all that might drop in, I need to get a shower and get my day going.....