Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

fedexbarks0cce2be6 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:36:02 AM(UTC)
fedexbarks0cce2be6

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Is the Gypsy no longer being sold. I sure can't find one anywhere except places like ebay, where they are preloaded with cartridges and cost a fortune. I want to cut extra large cuts and the CCR won't let us do that (yet). So I really want the Gypsy as I have seen this done in tutorials on several blogs and youtube.
Any help out there?
Tina
Tina E Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:57:35 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Since Gypsy is leaving the PC world, I doubt you will find one at a reasonable price loaded or not.

I don't understand why PC would get rid of the Gypsy, makes no sense to me. We still have to buy cartridges, we just don't have to put in one at a time. Maybe they are working on something better than the Gypsy? They love to sell machines and cartridges and then get rid of them (including my now worthless Imagine machine).
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:36:20 AM(UTC)
fedexbarks0cce2be6

oh no I love my imagine machine! I recently read that you can now buy the ink from HP. Have you heard that? I have an expression 2, the cake, and the imagine and love them all. They all work great for me, but I am unable to do the extra large stuff.

I hope they do something soon so I can cut large cuts from my cartridges. Otherwise I will be forced to buy a competitors machine and then there will be no need to buy their carts. I am used to the carts and like being able to just pop them in, especially with the CCR making it so easy now to layer and size.

So sad, I want that gypsy!!! Shame on them. LOL
JamieHopkins Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:30:14 PM(UTC)
JamieHopkins

You can buy the gypsy from provocrafts website
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:54:42 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JamieHopkins Go to Quoted Post
You can buy the gypsy from provocrafts website

No, actually, you can't. When you click on the Gypsy under "learn more" it is OUT OF STOCK. Same thing here on the Cricut website.
Coah'sNana Online
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:06:33 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 16239 time(s) in 4360 post(s)
PC has not had them in stock since they offered the bundle for 129.99 last July as far as I know. Many of us bought back ups then. Even though they haven't publicly stated it, the assumption is that they have discontinued its manufacture, like the Imagine. I just hope they are working on a tablet sized version for portable design. CCR ThumbDown ThumbDown
#7 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 11:07:33 PM(UTC)
fedexbarks0cce2be6

ok so here is my next question, if I do purchase a used one do I have to link my cartridges to use the gypsy or is it possible to "plug" them in some how, and use the gypsy with your cartridges without linking them? Oh gosh, did that make any sense at all?

All the ones I find on ebay are very expensive, albeit loaded with some very nice cartridges that I can't seem to find or be able to afford anywhere else. (legal?) but I do like and use the craft room and I don't want to link my cartridges because I know you cannot unlink them.

I am getting different answers from people wanting to sell. I am getting no answers from support, so far. They usually answer me right away.

Tina
sewnmachine Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:42:41 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
If you want your cartridges linked to a used Gypsy, you would need to have PC re-serialize the new Gypsy. If you have linked your carts to your old dead gypsy there is no way around it. Your cartridges have been branded so to speak with that gypsys serial number.

And I assume during the re-serialization process the carts that came loaded on the used gypsy would be wiped.
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 3:09:29 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19025 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fedexbarks0cce2be6 Go to Quoted Post
ok so here is my next question, if I do purchase a used one do I have to link my cartridges to use the gypsy or is it possible to "plug" them in some how, and use the gypsy with your cartridges without linking them? Oh gosh, did that make any sense at all?

All the ones I find on ebay are very expensive, albeit loaded with some very nice cartridges that I can't seem to find or be able to afford anywhere else. (legal?) but I do like and use the craft room and I don't want to link my cartridges because I know you cannot unlink them.

I am getting different answers from people wanting to sell. I am getting no answers from support, so far. They usually answer me right away.

Tina

Yes, with a Gypsy you have to link your carts to be able to cut with the Gypsy.

With CCR, you can link your carts or insert the cart(s) into your Cricut when prompted by CCR.

Design Studio {the old design program} does not have a linking feature and you have to insert the cart into your Cricut when prompted.
nokin2parise0806235 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:56:54 AM(UTC)
nokin2parise0806235

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My Gypsy died Crying about a month ago. So very distressing, I was right in the middle of a big project (for me) using odd sizes that I can't find on my expression. I searched high and low and could not find gypsy, only to learn that they have been discontinuedMad . When I called the help line, we went through all the basics, plug this, press that etc. The girl at the help desk was very nice but did stress to me don't get rid of my gypsy just yet. She kept telling me to wait.

(This is my thought only!!) Maybe the gypsy had a life of only 3 to 4 years then it was programmed to "detonate" to die, just in time for the newest introduction in the PC line. maybe the new one just isn't ready yet. I'm holding on to my wild thoughts and praying that a new something comparable to gypsy will be released soon. Hope I'm not starting some non-fact base rumor.

In the mean time, I've let my desire be known to PC how much I need my Gypsy.