Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Dancingstarr Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:05:17 AM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 67 post(s)
looks like this round everyone is happy with everyones work, everyone did such a wonderful job creating their partners pin cushion, I love mine I just hope my partner likes what I made her, I mailed it priority and on time, not sure why it's taking so long to be delivered. It's not glass so I know it can't break and I packaed it good with alot of tape.

-Andrea
Godot's Girl Online
#122 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:57:11 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3043 time(s) in 1832 post(s)
I really hope you do this swap again as I so wanted to be part of it. I have been green with envy while looking at all your beautiful creations. Everyone did such lovely work. GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 4/22/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#123 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 10:06:36 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1099 time(s) in 807 post(s)
Thanks GG - I may do another one soon. Depends upon the interest of the members Love
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/28/2013(UTC)
Hodmom Offline
#124 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:52:19 PM(UTC)
Hodmom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6865 time(s) in 3940 post(s)
Got my pincushion from the hostess with the mostess today. Wow! I love it! Thanks so much, Barbara! I'd love to do another pincushion swap. I feel like I learned a ton this go around and my next will be even more "daring." ;) I love the teacup, the butterflies, the sentiment with the jewel, and the tulle! So glad I joined this swap. Thanks, ladies. And an extra big thanks to you, partner!

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 12:53:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Hodmom for this useful post.
lauraa on 4/23/2013(UTC)
Sumrbrez Offline
#125 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:46:09 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 260 post(s)
Just got home & had happy mail!!! BigGrin And yes, I have 1 dog right now, but have had a variety of pets through the years.

Love the pin cushion Love Love Love Love Love as always, perfection. One day I hope to be 1/2 as good.

Will be back on later tonight to post pics. As I got home so late, I need to get right on making supper.

Thank you!!!

NO DIBBS!
ksqueenb Offline
#126 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:41:48 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 250 post(s)
First of all, absolutely, positively NO DIBBS! Get ready to droolDrool Andrea must have stalked me well because I absolutely love my pincushion! What great craftmanship and I have a box fettish!

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 7:58:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Add picture of box tope that didn't work

ksqueenb attached the following image(s):
Box Side.jpg
Box Open Top Only.jpg
Box all open.jpg
Box Pins and Card.jpg
Box Pins Closeup.jpg
Box with Pins in cushion.jpg
Box web.jpg
 1 user thanked ksqueenb for this useful post.
lauraa on 4/23/2013(UTC)
Hodmom Offline
#127 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:23:11 AM(UTC)
Hodmom

United States

Was thanked: 6865 time(s) in 3940 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ksqueenb Go to Quoted Post
First of all, absolutely, positively NO DIBBS! Get ready to droolDrool Andrea must have stalked me well because I absolutely love my pincushion! What great craftmanship and I have a box fettish!

Very unique and pretty! Great job, Andrea!
Dancingstarr Offline
#128 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:15:28 PM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

I'm glad you liked your pin cushion box.... looked at the pictures you posted I wish I stained the bottom lol, I found one of your stick pins you sent me, a big silver rose it was stuck in one of the bubble wraps, I'm glad I took a second look before I recycled it.

-Andrea

Originally Posted by: ksqueenb Go to Quoted Post

CricutCrazy Offline
#129 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:38:04 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Andrea - I absolutely LOVE the box....great job and a very clever concept !

Karyn I will post pix for you if you can't do it - I think I took a few before mailing.

It sounds like most of you want to make another pin cushion soon - so I will start one later this week but I have one reminder for everyone. Please read the instructions on page, post #1. It clearly states the type of pins to use. I notice some are using "corsage pins" which are only about 2 " long and those are not acceptable. Also, using jewelry "head pins" are not acceptable because they are too soft and when you try to pierce a ribbon or paper with them they bend and do not go through (very aggravating for moi) . The short ones do not leave enough room to put them into a bow. I am sorry but this is a very important part of this swap, as well as using the styrofoam in your base. If you cannot find the 3 -4" pins, I have them in my Etsy shop with either pearl or crystal tops. You can try to buy them locally somewhere, they are made by Darice for FLORAL shops (not for scrapbooks or corsages) They are in some JoAnns stores. FLoral supply houses also carry them. Please comply with these 2 things. Thanks so much ~ you ladies are wonderful and I appreciate you very much.

I thought about just doing a pin swap but they need to be the long pins.
CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
PINS.jpg
Pearl pins.jpg
Godot's Girl on 4/28/2013(UTC)
Dancingstarr Offline
#130 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:52:08 PM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Thank you

Originally Posted by: HodMom Go to Quoted Post
Very unique and pretty! Great job, Andrea!

Dancingstarr Offline
#131 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:48:39 PM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

I have a question about your last post (: on the first page you asked us to make at least 4 stick pins, as you could see I like mixing them together with the long ones (which I made four long stick pins for my partner) but I love the corsage pins which are smaller, if I make the amount that you ask can I still use the corsage pins?

-Andrea

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post

Karyn I will post pix for you if you can't do it - I think I took a few before mailing.

It sounds like most of you want to make another pin cushion soon - so I will start one later this week but I have one reminder for everyone. Please read the instructions on page, post #1. It clearly states the type of pins to use. I notice some are using "corsage pins" which are only about 2 " long and those are not acceptable. Also, using jewelry "head pins" are not acceptable because they are too soft and when you try to pierce a ribbon or paper with them they bend and do not go through (very aggravating for moi) . The short ones do not leave enough room to put them into a bow. I am sorry but this is a very important part of this swap, as well as using the styrofoam in your base. If you cannot find the 3 -4" pins, I have them in my Etsy shop with either pearl or crystal tops. You can try to buy them locally somewhere, they are made by Darice for FLORAL shops (not for scrapbooks or corsages) They are in some JoAnns stores. FLoral supply houses also carry them. Please comply with these 2 things. Thanks so much ~ you ladies are wonderful and I appreciate you very much.

Sumrbrez Offline
#132 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:18:53 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post

I apologize for not posting yet - will post when I get home tonight. Been a rough week so far.

I will also have to look at my pins as I am not sure how long they are - never actually looked. Blushing
CricutCrazy Offline
#133 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:41:59 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

The question is from Andrea -

I have a question about your last post (: on the first page you asked us to make at least 4 stick pins, as you could see I like mixing them together with the long ones (which I made four long stick pins for my partner) but I love the corsage pins which are smaller, if I make the amount that you ask can I still use the corsage pins?

The answer to this is YES - as long as you make 4 pins that are the 3" or 3 1/2" pins, you can make extra pins that are the smaller ones...as this would be just an extra gift to your partner and I would not "presume to dictate" what that can beBigGrin . If your partner REQUESTS that she receive only the smaller pins, then that is also all right with me...but I would like to maintain the requirement of 4 longer pins. I have tried to use the little ones and they just fall out of the bows so then they have to be glued in place. The longer ones can be used as a gift on a card. I usually place a decorative jewelry cone at the bottom so that the pin can be removed from the card and worn on a lapel as a piece of jewelry safely.

Thanks !
Dancingstarr on 4/24/2013(UTC)
Sumrbrez Offline
#134 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:59:42 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

I will post another pic when I get home. Would like a close up of the fabtic
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (1,972kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
image.jpg (1,771kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
CricutCrazy Offline
#135 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:04:54 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone - Karyn - thanks for posting the pix...I think the fabric shows up well...I just thought all the animals and the musical instruments was such a whimsical combination...I had to get some and make something with it !

I believe that we are all posted now and we can close this swap out. I have not received ny repsonses about the contest, so I guess that means you are all okay with just moving on.

I will be setting up another pin cushion swap in a few days...I have a lot of projects already to complete. I also know that summer is coming on fast and many people do not like to do swaps in the summer, but I will give you a lot of time to complete them (like 8 weeks).

Thanks for all your hard work ladies - you are all great to work with ! Wub
KauaiMelody Offline
#136 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:13:24 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
Thank you Barbara, these pin cushion swaps are just delightful, and always surprised at how many unique and lovely creations keep turning up.
Dancingstarr Offline
#137 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:52:00 AM(UTC)
Dancingstarr

Thank you for hosting I had a lot of fun making my pin cushion for my partner can't wait for the next round.

-Andrea
CricutCrazy Offline
#138 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:46:24 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Thanks Andrea - I intend to keep this going...will post another Round in a week or 2 as soon as I get some other swaps caught up.

THese make really cute gifts for friends !