Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<3637383940>»
NJsharon Offline
#1111 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 10:04:53 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Well it looks like I officially have a new job, to start Monday April 15th!
I am going to be at a local school, Delaware Township School, working in 2nd grade.
It will be part time, afternoons, working one-on-one with one student who has some ADD tendencies. So just needs a lot of redirecting. It sounds great!

I am just waiting for paperwork to clear, like transcripts I sent off for, fingerprints transferred over etc. But if all that goes through by then, I start April 15th.

So excited to be back working & hoping this job is a bit easier than the last one! It has to be right? Don't think I will be getting scratched & hair pulled every day!
sharibear Offline
#1112 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 10:10:46 AM(UTC)
sharibear

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 85 post(s)
just popped over to say hi and hope all is doing well i wish spring would come here to wyoming too grass isn't even greening up here yet ,, i finally got my cricut mini back and it works like a charm really like it better than my daughters create,,, been really busy working on the cards for seniors they are really down this time of year can't wait to see their faces when i deliver them,,hope every one has a great day
shariLove Love
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1113 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 11:27:22 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Hi Sheri glad ou finally got your machine back enjoy

CONGRATS Sharon, Good Luck with your new job

We all know how much we enjoy the portibilty of the G when I couldn't go on the computer I was using the Gypsy to design cards or when I can't sleep at night I would play with it design and create cards.

I just reset it and it is still stuck on the second page (Hide contour) so sad.Mad

DH said buy another but what is the point just keep buying them and they last 1 yr and it is garbage.

I am dissappointed in PC for not perfecting their machines..
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1114 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 11:29:32 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Steve is putting the salve on Max's eyes 4 times a day. I can't tell you what a tiny tube it is for 35.00 they look a little better.

When I went on line to look up cherry eye Max's isn't as bad as it looks on line he has had it for 4 yrs. in one eye now the other eye is starting. It is the 3rd. eyelid that protrudes out the corner of the eye
JeanneLee Offline
#1115 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 7:16:37 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Congrats on the new job, Sharon! Hope all goes well!

Joy, my PC in the craftroom in the basement is also a dinosaur!
IN fact I have been busy trying to remove unneeded stuff from the HD because it has slowed down. (might be all the digi stuff I have been buying and downloading!
Just brought my EXT HD down to see if I have enough room to transfer stuff!

Hi Shari. Glad you got your machine back and its in working order! What a sweet thing to be making cards for the seniors.

Nancy, you have a sweet hubby to be putting the salve on Max's eyes...hope they are better very soon.
NJsharon Offline
#1116 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 6:33:48 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Beautiful day today, chilly this morning, but lovely blue sky & sun & up to 55 today.

Busy running around doing errands today. Have a great weekend all!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1117 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:13:55 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Good Morning. We are having a gray day today. Not cold, really, but overcast.

I had a rough night not sleeping well, but I feel pretty good this morning. YAY!

My dad just called. We never can tell what he wants. He needs Merle to help him with a few things (like his email) but, not right away, he is drinking coffee. My dad says all the time he does not like coffee (he just drinks it to be social), but he is forever asking for a cup of coffee.
NJsharon Offline
#1118 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 8:02:24 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Woohoo! Went to a bingo/basket auction this evening & won a 32" flatscreen TV! Been lucky at these things lately!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1119 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:08:56 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, I want to come and just rub your arm or something so maybe some of your luck will rub off on me!!!! Congrats on your new TV!!!

Off to get ready for church. I hope I make it through the morning. I am only going to one service - my parents will be picking me up.

Megan is teaching SS this morning as our youth pastor is at the hospital with his wife who is having a baby. :) This will be their third. Their other two are like 10 and 8.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1120 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:02:17 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Woohoo! Went to a bingo/basket auction this evening & won a 32" flatscreen TV! Been lucky at these things lately!

Congrats!! new job now a new TV way to go.. if I remember correctly you were on a winning streak last year toBigGrin

enjoy your new TV
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1121 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:03:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Sharon, I want to come and just rub your arm or something so maybe some of your luck will rub off on me!!!! Congrats on your new TV!!!

Off to get ready for church. I hope I make it through the morning. I am only going to one service - my parents will be picking me up.

Megan is teaching SS this morning as our youth pastor is at the hospital with his wife who is having a baby. :) This will be their third. Their other two are like 10 and 8.

Joy I agree some people are so lucky

Glad you are doing well but don't over do it
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1122 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:08:23 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Busy weekend I drove for the first time yesterday I needed to get back to Weight Watchers I did pretty good for not being there for 5 weeks only gained 1 pd. considering i have been taking at easy after the surgery

Felt strange to drive without glasses but nice.

Today we have company coming from Brooklyn to see the back yard and then go to lunch should be a nice afternoon

Abigail is almost walking starting to let go.. nervous grandma here!

I moved my Expression so I can hook up my lap top! ugh...My craft room is small but I utilize (sp) the space so it looks bigger than it is..

Good news... since I am doing all the cooking for the babies party Patty already ordered a bundle of decorations where everyting matches, banners, balloons plates cups.

she figured I wouldn't have the time to do this I am kind of glad but I did think it would have been fun making it all...

Hoping everyone is enjoying their weekend

Edited by user Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:10:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Larmabee Offline
#1123 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:50:03 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I'm back from our Easter holiday. The weather really played havoc with our plans, but it was still good to getaway!
Sharon congrats I the new position and the TV win!
Nancy it is a bit nerve wrecking when the the littleness get on the move! Nothing is safe anymore. Good luck!
Joy I just bought an iPad mini for my day to day computer stuff. I will use my laptop for mainly cricut crafty stuff.
Hello to everyone else! Have a great day!
Laura
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1124 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:58:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I was trying to find a play-dough recipe that did not take cream of tarter on my cell phone, and every web site I tried to go to would not work, so turned on my laptop. Then went and checked the cupboard. I had plenty of cream-of-tartar on hand. So the first thing I cooked after surgery was play-dough! Flapper

Nancy, glad your driving went well. And I am sure it would have been fun to make decorations, but it would have taken tons of time!

Laura, are you enjoying your ipad mini??? DH loves his tablet. He uses it constantly. I got him a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 last summer.

This has been my first big day out! So far, so good. We still have our small group Bible study tonight. I am supposed to be the leader, but I have failed miserably at that this year because of surgeries and being gone and surgeries.
SandraB. Offline
#1125 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:25:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Hi everyone;
I guess I have been missing for longer than I thought, lol! Between dealing with mom and hockey the days/evenings have got away on me. Mom is having some health issues again, hoping she's doing better now. Sis & I have decided that once she is feeling better we are going to have to get serious about finding her an assisted living place to go to. Our hockey team won this round of playoffs, now just waiting for the team from the south to be decided.

Joy: glad you are feeling better after your surgery. Hope church went well for you.

Nancy: oh boy, once Abigail is on the move look out! Glad you were able to get your laptop hooked up to your E. Now you are set to use the CCR. Glad Patty got all the decorations for the party.

JeanneLee: yes, BC is part of Canada. It just makes it easier for checking in and boarding the planes to have the passports. Really do have to get on it now! Glad you got your new machine ordered, did you go with the E2?

Laura: glad you had a nice Easter break. Sorry the weather caused you some trouble

Sharon: congrats on your new job as well as your TV win.

Shelly: hope your little mini vacation is going well

Hi to any newcomers, I'm sure I missed alot of stuff...just don't have the time to go through everything.

Bye for now and take care. Just noticed the 15% off, might have to check it out too.BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#1126 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Wow, what a glorious day today! It is 64 already today & lovely sunshine! They are saying possibly up to 83 for wednesday! Spring is finally here I think!

Picked up my schedule for my new job. I will be working 12.10-3.10pm, 5 days a week. Looks like a great schedule to me & means I will be home before the girls get home even! I am a bit nervous about starting, but mainly excited!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1127 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 2:36:43 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, your schedule looks great! You will have mornings to get stuff done as well as be able to be home before your girls.

Sandra, I am so happy there are such a thing as assisted living. Merle's dad was in one for three years. He got very good care. I dread the day we might have to talk to my parents about it. My dad is SO stubborn.

It is terribly windy out today. Sunny, but the wind is making things miserable.

I think I have done a bit too much yesterday and today, but I have a school board meeting tonight. I will be ready for sweats tomorrow!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1128 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 3:57:23 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Sharon glad you are happy with your work schedule

Today was a beautiful day. I took Abigail for a walk in her new stroller she looks like she such a big girl. She loved it she slept for 2 hours during our walk. It was good for me also.

Abigails parents are going to a class at Church for her Christening so I am watching her until tonight. Thankfully she is on her 3 rd. nap so she will be up.

I wanted her to sleep over but mommy would miss her too much.

Sandra.. you are sure busy with Hockey games... hope things work out for our mom. I think that is the hardest decisions for seniors to make.

Joy.. glad you are feeling better

Hi to everyne else

I have a SU card class on Thursday evening looking forward to getting out and doing some crafts

Yesterday I played with 2 cards using the crayon resist that was fun and the affects are really pretty

Well have a good night/day

need to rest a whileBigGrin
Shelly Offline
#1129 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 6:42:08 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hi everyone.

Well my demonstration on how to make cake pops went ok. I didn't get too tongue tied. Glad its over though.

Sharon - congrats on the new job and winning the TV!! Hope your job turns out to be a great change for you.

Nancy - Once Abigail gets walking, look out! You won't get much done when she's awake, since you will be watching her constantly. You are either keeping her out of things or making sure she doesn't fall.

Sandra - Hope you are able to find a place for your mom. I'm like Joy, afraid of the day I have to do something like that with my dad. He is too independent for his own good and very stubborn. Glad your hockey team is doing well!

Joy - Glad to see you back. Hope you are doing well. Don't push it, take it easy.

Had a nice time on our weekend away. It was so nice and warm! We actually had to turn on the AC! But coming home, not so nice. It was very windy and rained most of the way. It is cold and rainy here and suppose to turn to snow tonight. I'm ready to go back south till it warms up.
SandraB. Offline
#1130 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 6:50:04 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Today was rather uneventful at school. Went to Michael's after school and bought some cardstock...6/$1.00. Weather is still cool, but at least the sun was shining and very little wind. Not supposed to improve to much anytime soonAngry

Shari: glad you got your mini back and it's working good for you.

Shelly: glad you had a nice vacation, sorry you had to come back to not so nice weather. Glad your demo went well.

Nancy: sounds like you had fun with Abigail today, glad you had nice weather for a walk

Joy: I'm not sure how soon we will be able to get mom into a home or how soon she will be willing to even go look at some. She was feeling a bit better yesterday...so she will probably think she doesn't need to moveCursing!

Sharon: glad things worked out ok for your new job...great hours for you and the girls. Hope everything the change is a positive one.

Just ordered a few carts and a couple of the new mats...took advantage of the 15% off, plus 10% circle discount, plus free shipping...how can I lose?

Take care everyone, talk to you soon.
NJsharon Offline
#1131 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:30:11 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Oh Sandra, you are tempting me to buy more online. LOL I could use a couple more mats at least! Might have to window shop a bit! LOL

Weather has been glorious here, it is 71 degrees already at 9.30am! Flowers are starting to bloom, birds are singing outside, it is beautiful out!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1132 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:14:10 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I am so envying those of you having nice weather! DH and I walked to the dr's office this morning (he got an allergy shot) and it was cold and WINDY. I have had enough wind, but it is won't be over for several more days. Blink

Instead of cartridges, I ordered some cardstock from SU, colors that I like that are being retired. I try to stock up if I really like the color.

Doing better every day. DH thinks I will get recovered before he does. Poor guy.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1133 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:02:06 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Another beautiful sunny day although it is windy. Abigail is not fond of the wind...

Took a nice walk this morning and this afternoon we sat outside in the yard and she was looking at the Koi and loving it. They were looking to eat so there was a lot of jumping and splashing she thought it was funny.

Almost 80 out there I am sure the weather will change..

Any ideas on a Christening gift for my grand daughter. Everyone here says money but if I give money I know mommy and daddy will spend it on her.

I think I would like a rememberence gift of the day

Hope everyone is doing well
JeanneLee Offline
#1134 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:07:23 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi ladies! Yep, warm here today...80s. Bentley loves it when we open the windows so he can sniff the outdoors! I have a screen I need to fix...need to run to WM for some screen wire tonight and figured I would run over to M's, too! Wink

Sandra
, I have an AE2 but decided to get an E, too. Smile Got it today and it is a reconditioned one. Its works great so far(plus it has a one year warranty on it, as well)
I sold my Animal Antics cart and it helped pay for the E. ThumpUp
That makes sense to have a passport...someday I will need one to go to Ireland!
Praying you and your mom's situation. I know its not an easy decision.

I just got a call yesterday from my mom's nurse that my mom is moving from the medical side of the retirement center to Assisted Living. She has put it off because she didn't want to move, she thought it was okay where she was. I am glad she has changed her mind and would appreciate prayers that she adjusts well in her new room.

Hope you job goes well, Sharon! Sounds like wonderful hours. Congrats on winning the TV.
I won a necklace today from a SU demo's blog- mychicnscratch dot com .

Shelly, hope you don't get much snow. Your getaway place sounds lovely is it very far from you all?

Joy
, glad to hear you are getting better and are out and about. Funny story about your dad.

Off to make Tacos for supper tonight...
SandraB. Offline
#1135 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:49:05 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Well, we set a record here as last nite was the coldest nite in history for many, many years. We don't usually see -15 in AprilCursing! There was also a cool wind blowing for most of the day but it did warm up at least to +3.

Sharon: LOL at your window shopping plan! It was JeanneLee who got me looking! I ordered a couple of the heavy grip mat for cutting chipboard.

Nancy: I bet Abigail will have fun with the fish this year. Might have to get her a fishing rodLOL!

Joy: hope your weather warms up, glad you're feeling better

JeanneLee: hope your mom adjusts to her new room quickly and easily. My sis is taking mom back to the dr., tomorrow so we'll see if she's on the mend or not. Glad you got your new machine so quickly. Mine was a reconditioned model also...so far, so good. I decided to pack my old one away and use this one until the warranty ran off. I sold both of the carts that came with it, so that helped with my cost also.

Everyone that is having nice weather...enjoy it!

Take care everyone

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 4/11/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#1136 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Sandra - Wow! I can't complain about the weather here after reading your post! Man that's cold. It's been cold here, but not like that, thank goodness. We ended up not getting snow out of this last storm at our house. Lots in the mountains though. We really had some fierce winds with it.

Jeanne - We live about 5 hour drive from Mesquite, NV. I don't know how many miles that is. (There is a You Tube with Jeff Foxworthy that says if you measure how far someplace is in hours instead of miles, you must live in Utah. That's me!! Lol)

I spent the afternoon making some cards I needed to send out. It was fun. I can't believe though that with all the paper I have, and it is ALOT, I could not find a print in a purple that matched a precut card base I had that I wanted to use.

Went to Michaels today, also. Guess what I bought.....MORE paper. (This was before I made the cards.) I think I need a 12-step program for my paper addiction. It has gotten way out of control. I really need to stop or else start making cards for every one and everything I can think of to get it used up.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:34:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1137 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:42:45 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning, whoooo another beautiful sunny dayBigGrin of course it is suppose to rain tonight thru out the week

Shelly I have learned my lesson in trying to match cardstock.. for the last 7 yrs. I only buy from SU and CTMH cardstock in solid and designer paper. This way everything matches and takes the guess work out of trying to figure out what matches.

One year I bought the whole line of Designer cardstock and their solid cardstock always matches. Between my solids and patterned cardstock I am good for a long time.

Then I organize everything according to the seasons.. spring colors, Summer, Winter and Fall.

works really well

Well bowling today and some errands to do.

Have a great day/night everyoneBigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1138 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:44:17 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Also I will be having give aways.. if you don't mind slightly used stamp sets or Big shot dies I will be doing RAK'sBigGrin

So stay tuned..

Edited by user Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:45:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1139 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:39:52 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEANNELEE!!! I hope you have a great day!

I think we just might have a nice day today. But Shelly, there is probably more wind on it's way to you.

I pretty much always use SU cardstock. One reason is that is what I am used to using. Oldest DD used to sell SU. And I like that my ink and cardstock match. Which is why I just ordered a bunch of retiring stuff. But sometimes I do use the basic colors that J's sells. Not very heavy, but that is OK. They have a nice basic red and green.

Sandra, I don't care much for those days that record cold temps are set! Yuck.

I mucked out quite a bit of my craft room yesterday. No more wedding explosion in it! The scrapping side is looking much better. The yard side is still a mess, but one thing at a time!

Nancy, you are so organized!!! I try, but fail miserably. I am not neat, tidy, and organized. Except that all of my paper dollars have to go the same direction, and all of the clothes on hangers must be hung the same direstion. And don't mess with my stamps. Put them back where you found them!

I need to get a couple of cards made this week sometime. My aunt is having an 80th birthday celebration on Saturday. I spent HOURS and DAYS at this aunt's house when I was little. One of her daughters was one of my best cousins. Ususally if there was one of us, there were four. She also lives in the same town my Grandma lived in, so we went back and forth from house to house.

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
catrin03 Offline
#1140 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:38:54 AM(UTC)
catrin03

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hello ladies:

Just starting to get back into things, Hubby left last week for his first hitch out this year, at least this first time out is only going to be 3 weeks.

anyway.. neighbor needed to borrow my 6 ft. fold up table, so I lent it to her, now my craft area has stuff everywhere cause that is the table I work on. (She needed it for a fund raiser, so my mess went for good cause) thinking of rearranging while thigs are all over. table is outside the room waiting to get set back up and I am having a hard time getting in there and getting it done. Hopefullly soon.

hope you all are well and crafting. sounds like all of us are busy with spring finally here!

Have a great day!