Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
*NanaDonna* Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:41:41 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2620 time(s) in 1378 post(s)
Wow Dee 3 more fabulous card. Love the CAS birthday cards, you nailed CAS. Wonderful extra credit love that image. Adorable card for you friend and her granddaughter, cute cute love the papers in that pack.

also not sure who is hosting, according to a post from Raquel earlier this week it sounded like she was leaving it up to us.Confused
Joyful Carol Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:51:31 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Hello, Ladies! I am alive and well. Unusually busy and just got frustrated with wasting time trying to post pictures that just would not post. I needed a quick card for a teen boy so decided to use the Extra Credit long card a try for something different. No Cricut although you could use it for the rectangle paper and Iam sure there is a cartridge with a bat and ball although I do not have one. I printed the bat and ball on my computer. I adhered the bat to the back of a piece of wood looking paper and then cut around it. I wrapped some bandaging tape around the handle for some texture. I decided to add more texture by embroidering the stitches on the ball. Hope you like it. (If I can get it to post)
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
baseball and bat.jpg
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/9/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:43:02 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 746 time(s) in 577 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Wow Dee 3 more fabulous card. Love the CAS birthday cards, you nailed CAS. Wonderful extra credit love that image. Adorable card for you friend and her granddaughter, cute cute love the papers in that pack.

also not sure who is hosting, according to a post from Raquel earlier this week it sounded like she was leaving it up to us.Confused

Thanks Donna. The cards were fun to make once I got the hang of it. LOL.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#64 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:49:34 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post
Hello, Ladies! I am alive and well. Unusually busy and just got frustrated with wasting time trying to post pictures that just would not post. I needed a quick card for a teen boy so decided to use the Extra Credit long card a try for something different. No Cricut although you could use it for the rectangle paper and Iam sure there is a cartridge with a bat and ball although I do not have one. I printed the bat and ball on my computer. I adhered the bat to the back of a piece of wood looking paper and then cut around it. I wrapped some bandaging tape around the handle for some texture. I decided to add more texture by embroidering the stitches on the ball. Hope you like it. (If I can get it to post)

Wonderful card. I love the bright colors you used and you did a great job on the ball and bat.

Have you ever tried using Photobucket to save and post your photos with?

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:05:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 957 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Joyful Carol
Extra Credit - Great card, very creative! You always add such special touches to your cards. The stitching on the ball seams makes it appear so real and wrapping up the bat handle was a neat idea. Love this card!!

LisaW. Offline
#66 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:43:10 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Good morning ladies. Wow where did the time go these last few weeks. I am sorry to say but I will have to put this week's sketches on IOU. I have scrapbook class tonight.

Again for the second or third week in a row we spent what little bit of Saturday I have available house hunting again...really hating this. Everything of course we found is out of our budget. That is my reason for not being able to participate the last few weeks.

I did get one of the sketches from 2 weeks ago that I will post later on because it really is cute...at least I think so anyways, lol.

I would like to give a try to hosting one week if you wonderful ladies wouldn't mind sharing where you get your sketches from...I am definitely not smart enough to come up with my own.

Lisa

maria2193 Offline
#67 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:26:29 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Just thought I'd share this card that I made about a week or so, it's Clean and Simple and has all three colors: green, white and pink and it's so simple to make.

http://www.cricut.com/pr...3442/Owl-Always-Love-You

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:36:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
038.JPG (1,241kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
TurtleBug Offline
#68 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:44:14 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Lisa,
Enjoy your Scrapping Class tonight, have fun! Do the sketches when ever you find time and you can always post them on anyone's Hosting week.
If you feel up to it, give Hosting a shot. Just Google "card making sketches" and click on any of many card sketch links on the web and copy and paste to the MB...real easy!
Turtlebug

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:48:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#69 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:52:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Maria2193
Thank you for sharing your niece's card with us. It is very cute, especially the Owl. Thanks for the link to the Cricut Project Center. I like how they list all the items you used to create this awesome card. Hope you continue to share your creativeness with all of us!
Again THANKS for sharing,
TurtleBug

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:52:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
maria2193 on 4/9/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#70 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:03:06 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

[quote=♥ Raquel ♥;1687461]

Ok guys... I know I've been gone for a while and I'm not sure when I can participate again. I said I'll continue to maintain this challenge but in order for me to do so, I need willing hosts. For personal reasons, I need to be gone from this challenge a bit longer so please volunteer to host if you are comfortable to do so. I'm going to leave it up to you guys to figure out who wants to host when. I can't keep borrowing my SIL's computer

Raquel[quote]

Here is the post from Raquel and since we have not seen her since then I am assuming she is not maintaining this challenge as she had stated.

Well it seems like this might be our last challenge unless someone steps up and decides to host next week.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:13:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#71 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:13:19 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I will host the week of April 17-23...my first time so will be simple:)
LisaW. Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:24:58 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

This sketch is from a couple weeks ago (NanaDonna hosting).

For a baby shower this weekend using the first sketch

Cartridges: New arrival for the bottle and rattle.
Sugar and Spice for the bear

Nestibilities: The designer circles (don't know the name) and the circle set for the plain circle.

Stamp: Just a pack that Walmart had at one time.

Gisele Offline
#73 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:54:03 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
JD – Glad to see you playing along this week! Love your’s sketch #2 – nice combination of colours, patterned paper and embossing!

Dee – I agree that simple cards card be a real challenge! Great card with the paint brushes! Love that embossing folder that you used! Congrats on finding the Chicken wire one! Love your male card for your nephew! My favourite of your cards this week is the one for your dear friend!

Joyful Carol – nice to see you back here! Great extra credit card with the baseball theme! Nice job with wrapping the handle of the bat!

Maria – Welcome to the challenge and glad you joined in! Very cute and adorable owl card in the ad colours!

Lisa – Great baby card using the sketch from Donna’s week. Love your creativeness with the baby items!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
maria2193 on 4/9/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:57:41 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug - sorry I haven't played along all week! I've finally managed to finish two CAS cards that I'm happy with...this was tough but I'm glad to have tried. I need more practice with this style of card.

Sketch #1 - I used Joys of the Season for the poinsettias. My stash of paper might not be so CAS-friendly BigGrin

Sketch #3 - Only used Elegant Edges for the frame. I had a lot of trouble with this one to keep the layers to a minimum. In the end I still used a frame!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:58:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:31:57 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 973 time(s) in 659 post(s)
Hello ladies, I just want to say I'm hosting next week, I really want this to continue.
I hope we can have more of you ladies to host. I know we all get buzy some times,
with our kids and our jobs, but even if you make one or two cards it will be great.
thankyou ladies hope to see all of you next week, with your wonderful creations.

And to all of you ladies wonderful cards this week.

Hosting the 10th to the 16thLove Love Love

Edited by user Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:33:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele on 4/9/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:47:37 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Gisele....very nice cards. I loved the Pointsetta one, very nice colors. Cute birthday one. It is hard to use less layers...we are used to building up those layers!

Lisa....very nice baby card. I like everything about it. Nice background paper and choice of cuts.

Marie....adorable Owl card. You did great with the Ad Colors.

Bingolady....thanks for stepping up and hosting next week. I'll plan on doing it soon but it will be a very easy-peasy one! LOL

Dee
 2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Gisele on 4/9/2013(UTC), maria2193 on 4/9/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:54:27 PM(UTC)
Gisele

BingoLady - Thanks so much for stepping up and hosting for us at the last minute!

Lisa - I'm happy that you want to host the following week! Thank you!

*NanaDonna* Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:18:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Gisele....

Bingolady....thanks for stepping up and hosting next week. I'll plan on doing it soon but it will be a very easy-peasy one! LOL

Dee

DEE easy peasy is perfect! we all need that.

LADIES let's not let this challenge fall by the way side we all love it look forward to it each week,so come om set up let' get this challenge rolling. Anyone is welcome to host.

HA HA HA I should talk as often as I hostBlushing I will try and do it more often.

Thanks Turtlebug for great sketches this week and a fabulous extra credit
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/9/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:31:52 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW
Thank you for volunteering to Host on April 17th. This challenge needs everyone to step in and offer to Host every once in a while in order to keep it going, otherwise it will not survive.
**Baby Card - LOVE the Onesie BG paper, and all the baby details. Very cute card!

Gisele
#1 - Beautiful! Great placement of the Cardinals on the tree branches and the poinsettias are every pretty.
#3 - Like the triangles with the tiny cupcakes and the stamp of the stacked gifts is cute.
You did very well with your first CAS cards! This type of cards tend to be of the "less is more" mentality.

BingoLady
YEA!!! We have a Host for tomorrow!!!!Smile Smile Thank you my DSILWub

TurtleBug Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:37:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
I will host the week of April 17-23...my first time so will be simple:)

LisaW.
THANK YOU so much for agreeing to be a Host and so looking forward to see what you have in store for us. You can start as simple as you like, everyone will appreciate the sketches you provide for us.
BingoLady Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:39:42 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 973 time(s) in 659 post(s)
Turtlebug thankyou for hosting with your wonderful sketches and cards.

Lisa so nice to have you host the week of the 17th.

Dee I know they won't be peasy, they will be great.
TurtleBug Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:34:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

A BIG thanks to everyone that gave this CAS Challenge a try...and you ALL succeded!!

Dee thanks so much for this weeks' Ad Colors and for continuing to provide them for us week after week.

Now, let's all hop on over to tomorrow's sketches from BingoLady and give her the support all of you gave me this week!Smile
*NanaDonna* Offline
#83 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:20:29 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks Turtlebug for providing us this past week with a really challenge CAS the way we all love to decorate things this was a real challenge.

LISAW - awesome baby card from last weeks challenge, thanks for doing it and posting it here. Love all the colors AND thanks for stepping up and hosting the following week.