Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

susan.hajnik7d947f15 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:48:48 PM(UTC)
susan.hajnik7d947f15

Groups: Registered

beyond frustrated is a understatement about how I feel........

I purchased my Expression 2 in December. In January it stopped working. I was getting an error message that said "no devise connected". In later February - early March... I called the help desk.

They advised that there seemed to be a problem with the machine and MAC computers. Said they were aware of the problem and that they were working on a solution and would get back to me.

It's April now. I haven't heard from them.

I purchased a new computer two days ago. I figured that my expression 2 may work now, since my last computer was an older version.

Got it all loaded. Ready to try again. Everything went smoothly.
Oh, it found the machine now!!! GREAT!

It goes into this "checking matt status" and stops dead.

I've reinstalled the craft room. I've tried sync. I called the 877 number...they are closed.

I bought my expression 2 so that I could do some things for my daughters wedding. So far..... I've had to find a plan "B" for every item I had planned to use my cricut for. The wedding is 7 weeks away.........

I sooo wanted to be able to do some of the great stuff that I see on this web site. You guys are amazing!! Right now, all I want is to put the stupid thing back in the box. I'm out the $300 I paid for it, I purchased cartridges and a few items from the web site.

Does anyone have an ideas????
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:54:26 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Do you have a cart in your Cricut when you turn it on?

Can you load the mat using the Cricut and then press Cut from CCR?
susan.hajnik7d947f15 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:39:11 AM(UTC)
susan.hajnik7d947f15

It cuts fine if I load a cartridge and work from the small screen on the machine. Problem is...I can't really see that screen that well. I find it difficult to work with. I liked that it's on my computer screen.
CricutMallie Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:34:36 AM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1162 time(s) in 216 post(s)
Susan,
You should certainly try to give Customer Support a call during our business hours.
Hopefully they can get you up and running and you'll be able to make your daughter's wedding beautiful.

Mallie @ Cricut
MammaJ_1518 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:39:51 AM(UTC)
MammaJ_1518

I am having the same issue. This is my second machine, as the first machine I purchased wouldn't connect to my computer at all. I called the help desk (back in November/December), and they trouble shot my issue and came to the conclusion that the machine was a dud (no one said anything about it being an issue with Mac computers). They sent me a new one and it connected a few times when I first opened it. I was able to do a some projects in CCR, and it was great. In the middle of one of my projects though, it suddenly quit working and no matter what I did, the computer wouldn't recognize that my machine was plugged in. I've done everything I can possibly think of, and nothing has worked. I even upgraded my OS to 10.8 and still nothing. This is extremely frustrating seeing as how I had purchased digital cartridges and I can use them in the CCR, but I can't get my machine to connect to CCR. Mad I can't even find a wireless adapter to purchase so that I can connect wirelessly. I feel like I wasted my money buying this machine because it doesn't do what I intended it to do.
winnierose.reyes348aa347 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:01:08 PM(UTC)
winnierose.reyes348aa347

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Susan. I got an E2 this month and had the same problem. I found out I need to sync it using the CricutSync software. That seems to do the trick.

I'm using an old macbook and it seems a bit slow with the cricut classroom so I use the E2's small screen sometimes. I learned how the different features and buttons work and committed some mistakes but I learned a lot.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

PS: We got mine from eBay and it had a noisy blade (which I fixed using Everhack's Instructions). It only came with the powercord so I used the usb cable of my printer. I tried using another USB cable but it didn't work as great as the heavy duty cable from my printer. So perhaps its the cable. Here's the printer cable source on amazon.

Here's Everhack's wiki on how to repair cricut machines.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:36:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified