Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:48:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 937 time(s) in 603 post(s)
BingoLady,
Thanks again for Hosting this week and providing us with some nice and simple sketches. Will be back in a minute to post my cards.

DeeScraps,
Thanks again for continuing to provide us with the Ad Color Challenge week after week. Love the colors for this week, I like the color combination for a male card.

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:52:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 4/14/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:21:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I managed to roll one card into three! I need a card for my dear Brother's B'day and the sketch, colors and extra credit all fit the purpose!

My #1 Sketch Card, Ad Colors and Extra Credit:

Tan Circle - Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, embossed with CB "Houndstooth" folder
"Old Guys Rule"- I fuzzy cut from a full sheet and popped it for dimension
H B'day - Metal Brads were each a different color and I colored over them with a gray Sharpie
Border Embossing - CuttleBug "Modern Wallpaper" border strips
Added narrow gray strips of gray cardstock to the embossed BG cardstock. I used Gold Gel Pen on the candle flame for Bling
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:24:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:33:44 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #2 Sketch Card:

Tag - "Fancy Tag" Spellbinder set
"Thanks" - Artiste cartridge
Corner Flowers - Recollections Flower Punch
Added sheer striped pink ribbon and green gems to the Tag.
Hard to see, but the pink cardstock has a pretty soft texture to it, which is why I decided not to emboss it. Now I wish I had.Sad
TFL!!Smile

***Off to my DGS's baseball game and will be back later to comment on all the pretty cards posted so far.

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:35:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:45:46 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Turtlebug, nice cards, especialy the one with the ad colors. I have to go
buy some of those colors, all the paper I have and I don't have those colors.Crying Crying
Have a nice weekend ladies.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/14/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:19:00 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Oh my gosh it has been too long.
No excuses just no time. Wait that is an excuse. Anywhoooo.... lol.

Shelbywoo- So sorry for your loss. You and yours are in my prayers.

Nancy- Get Well wishes and prayers for your hubby. Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

Bingolady- Thank you for stepping up and for the great sketches.
Love your cards they are wonderful.

Dee- Great ad colors
Love your hang in there card. (I was sick the whole 9 mos. and so would have appreciated this card then. That was 24 yrs ago and the memories are still going strong.) lol.

BellaBug- Very pretty card. Love the blue.

NanaDonna- Your cow card is adorable especially the hinny shot. Love your pretty retirement card with its cute little teacup. Great color design on your glossy card. Your sketch #2 birthday card is terrific.

Dee- Love your chicken wire card. Love the added buttons and bows.

JD- What a cuuute kitty card. Love it.

Turtlebug- Your birthday card rules. Love it.
Love the color combo on your thank you card.

Later
D-

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:20:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: oopsy

3 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 4/14/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 4/14/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 4/16/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:26:36 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
Nana Donna....Wow....that's some bright digital paper you found! Makes a great card. On your second card, love the way you combined the colors and the embellishments. The embossing looks nice and the little arrows and brads really "pop" in the corners.

Nancy.....Hope hubby is doing better. You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

JD...not sure if I already commented on your cat card, but I really liked it. Very interesting background paper, and it does remind me of "cat's eyes!" Good job with the colors.

Turtlebug...Great Ad-Color card. The embossing works well and the cut you used is great. I think I have some of that paper somewhere! I'll have to dig it out and make cards for all the "old guys!" The birthday brads look perfect and I couldn't tell you painted one. Your "Thanks" card is very, very pretty.

Dee
 2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/14/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 4/16/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:57:40 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #1- The dog cut came from Animal Kingdom. He is 2 1/2". I cut the scalloped mats using my nestabilities, but I am sure they could be cut using the Cricut if you have the right cartridge or CR (which I still have been too busy to investigate) The bones were cut using the Mickey & Friends cartridge. They are 1", and I heat embossed happy birthday on them. I inked the edges of the card, mats,and bones with brown ink. I also tried to hightlight the embossing on the white mat with brown. Oh, I do not want to forget that sparkly "jewel" on his collar or the brown yarn used instead of ribbon or paper! Enjoy!

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:59:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Dog and bones.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#38 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:23:26 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Carol, very nice, love the doggie and I like the little collar you put
on him, so cute. So nice to see you with your wonderful cards.
TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:37:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
#1 - Very nice, BG paper is so soft & pretty. Like the crisp white cut against the dark brown.
#2 - Pretty embossed panels and polka dot paper, like the small heart in the center.

Belle Bug
So nice of you to share your pretty #2 blue floral card with us. Like the inked embossing and the all blue theme. Hope you will continue to share your creativity with us!

NanaDonna
Extra Credit - Very cute card, so bright and colorful. Cow is too cute, also!
2nd Ex. Credit - Love it! Very old-fashioned look to it, teal color is so in right now. Great work on all those small cuts.
#1 - WOW!! What a colorful effect (like wet paint) on this card, love all the swirl to it and the yellow ribbon sure pops. The ribbon reminds me of pipe cleaners...looks great!
#2 - Like the arrows with brads at the corners, Nice banner...I have that same HB'day paper and have used it several times. Is that green Washi tape or ribbon, looks very nice!

DeeScraps
#1 and Ad Colors - WOW!! Great card, you really nailed the ACs. Perfect embossing for that
Rooster, it looks great!
Extra Credit - Love the clouds and the sentiment, cute stamp. Your poor Niece...sick all this time. Much happiness to her with her new bundle of joy!

~JD~
#1 - Very nice...LOVE the BG paper (the print really does look like cat's eyes), and like the cute little cat stamp.

Joyful Carol
#1 - Another great and well thought-out card. Love the way you are so creative with all your cards and always add that something extra, like the doggie collar and use of the yarn. Very cute card!

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2013 12:35:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* on 4/16/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:01:54 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Joyful Carol....you must have been posting your card while I was making my comments. What an adorable card it is. The "puppy" is as cute as can be, and I like all the "little extras" you added.

Dee
LisaW. Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 8:04:15 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Great cards ladies...I am not going to be working on these until later in the week.

I have been franctically trying to get my sample sketches done in between my long work days and everything else that keeps popping up that is not planned. I will post Tuesday night. I just have to finish up my second sample and get my third sample made....hope everybody will like them:)

Lisa

Seriously...the security image is back. Did I miss something?
DeeScraps Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 9:32:26 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Lisa.....you can always just do 2 sketches and examples. Either way, whatever you do will be great.

Dee

I didn't get the security message.
BingoLady Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 9:34:26 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Lisa thankyou for hosting next, and of course we will like them. Will be
waiting.Cool Cool
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 8:10:39 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2591 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
Hello everyone sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days. Things have been busy around here and I am still working (slowly)Blushing on organizing my room. I am trying to work in it so I can get a feel for what I reach for most often and try and put those things handy. I am taking my time because I do not want to have move things againGlare.
Then also I am nearing the end of my Copic coloring class so I am trying to do my homework.BigGrin

Lisa thanks for stepping up to host next week, look forward to what you have got in store for us. I have also been trying to work on getting some sketches ready so that I can host in the near future also.

Do we have any takers for the week after Lisa hosts???
DeeScraps Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:12:53 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I'll take the week after Lisa. I just need to find some sketches.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/16/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:17:35 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
BingoLady – Thanks for hosting at the last minute. Sorry that I didn’t have the time to drop-in or play along this week. Love the sketches and will keep them for a future use. Great sketch #1 – the background paper and ribbon work very well together. What a romantic sketch #2!

Dee – Love the ad colours – will use them in the future too! Yay you’ve used your chickenwire folder – dark background with the orange is striking! Love the “hang in there” card. Never would have guessed that there was an “oops” that you needed to correct! Looks amazing! Thanks for hosting after Lisa!

BellaBug – Glad you joined in this week! Don’t worry about not using the ad colours – they are there for inspiration! Great embossing!

Donna – wow you have been busy again this week! Wonderful card for Emma’s mom! The sky and grass background give the image a real 3D feel! Great card for your daughter’s co-worker – beautiful paper and wow so much fussy cutting! Looks great! Love the colourful and vibrant birthday card! Wonderful sketch #2 too with that great Artiste cart!

Shelby – my condolences for your loss! Look forward to seeing your creations when you have some time!

JD – Lovely card with the cat image! Perfect background paper! How nice for you to enjoy time with your DGD!

Nancy J – sorry to hear about your DH. Hope he is on the mend!

Turtlebug – That is a great card in the ad colours for sketch#1 and extra credit! I forget about PS having some simple images that are good for accents! Great saying about aging! Love your “spring-like” thank you card! The soft ribbon adds a nice touch!

Joyful Carol – Wow lots of accents on this puppy card! Nice to see you back here!

Lisa – Hope to play along with your sketches later this week!
 2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/16/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 4/16/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:57:15 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

[color=red] Dee thankyou so much for hosting next after Lisa.Cool Cool

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:20:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:21:14 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Here's my Sketch #2. Not sure if it will be a birthday card or a get well card. Eigher way, it will go inside.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
JanisD on 4/16/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:01:02 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Dee, what a nice card love the greens and the image of the flowers.And of
course the embossing.Cool Cool

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:02:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:41:04 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2591 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
Hi, I have the graduation announcements 98% done, all printed just have to add the stickers/embellishments. She is coming over for dinner tomorrow so I want to have them done to give to her.

Margie[/b
] - love your blue card such a pretty color, great embossing. Hope you come and play with us again.

Cindy & Shelby
sure hope you can come and make some cards with us again real soon. Don't be strangersSmile And Michelle sorry to hear about the death in your family

GardenGypsy if you peak back in we would love to see your creations here, I know how wonderful they are as I have seen your work on the MB

Dee - love love your chicken card, so glad you finally got your chicken wire folder, love the colors. EXTRA credit what a darling card and boy sure did cover up all those "woes" great never would have known if you did tellWink OMG Dee just love love your green card, such a vibrant color and love the way you filled it. Never would have thought to color the flowers green but they look awesome!

Janis - cute cat card, love that paper and you are right I guess it does kind of look like cat's eyes

Nancy - sure hope your hubby is feeling much better and beginning to get stronger, how scarey for you.

Kelly a new challenge starts every Wednesday and runs for a week, so new sketches will probably be posted tonight sometime

Turtlebug - WOW love your card you made for your Bro you worked the colors together well and love the embossing. Great job on the "Fussy" cut around the section of paper. #2 very pretty great color combination, I love that paper. I can see the texture in the pink paper, embossing would have also worked well.

Dragonfly - sure hope you get some time to come back and join us soon, miss seeing your creations

Carol - just darling, what a fabulous idea to use the bones that way for the sentiment. The doggie is adorable.

[b]DEE thanks so much offering to host the week on 4/24 after Lisa

Let's keep this thing going as we all enjoy it so much
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:54:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=*NanaDonna*;1693651][size=6]
Turtlebug - WOW love your card you made for your Bro you worked the colors together well and love the embossing. Great job on the "Fussy" cut around the section of paper. [quote]

NanaDonna,
WELL!!....just goes to show you how much I KNOW!!LOL LOL
That is why I have you as my Mentor, you keep me on the straight and narrow and educate me along the way, too!Love
I NEVER knew it is called a "FUSSY" cut and not a "FUZZY" cut. But, I must admit...if you look REAL close, I made it an awful job at cutting it and it looks more like a FUZZY cut!!LOL LOL LOL

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:55:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* on 4/16/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#52 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:02:19 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Thanks Bingolady. You and Turtlebug have inspired me to use my Cuttlebug and embossing folders more....and even buy a few new ones. LOL Now if I can just get my Expressing going, I'll be cranking the cards and pages out!

Thanks for hosting this week.

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#53 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:04:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hello Everyone,

Just looking so far today! Have been busy working on my DGDs Holy Communion card for this Saturday. Her favorite color is purple, so I have been TRYING to incorporate it into her card and searching the internet for a suitable photo. I finally found one and hopefully finish the card tonight. I will post it when I finish it.Smile

Off to do some ironing, then make dinner and will be back later to post the card if I finish it tonight.
BingoLady Offline
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:08:56 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Thankyou ladies for posting your wonderful cards.Love BigGrin Cool
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 4/16/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 4/16/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:28:58 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

DeeScraps
#2 - Love your all green card with the cute bows at the corners. The gingham pattern gives it a nice country feel to it.
Way to go!!! Thanks for Hosting after Lisa. So glad to see the newer Ladies giving Hosting a try, it's not hard at all and fun to do. With all of us working together I see this sketch challenge growing and continuing on for a long time.

LisaW.
Looking forward to your first ever Hosting. I know you will do well and start us off with some awesome sketches. Thanks again for volunteering and hope you will again soon!Smile

BingoLady and Dee,
A BIG thanks to you both!! Great sketches and Ad colors this week

My DGDs card is still drying. I will post it on Lisa's Host week tomorrow.