Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:37:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
while I was IDLE.

Maybe I was idle when they came on.....but, I'm not now. Well, I am because I'm almost 101% certain they are the reason my CCR is now CUTTING very choppy.

This isn't bothering me, honestly. It is the first time it has happened to me since we started in CCR. This is on my old computer that only has 2GB RAM; so, it isn't surprising to me Norton is slowing down my ability to CUT in CCR. I sometimes get the message my CPU Useage is high (due to other things going on in my computer that I'm not illiciting.....although, I have also gone into settings to have most things run at night). Luckily, I haven't been trying to CUT when I see those things going on.

What does bother me, a little, is that I have directed NORTON to only run at night when I'm idle.....2AM to be exact. BUT, I have a feeling Norton is trying to counterattack something going on right now that I would never know about and PROTECTING me like they are supposed to do. I AM A CHEERLEADER FOR NORTON, as well as CCR!

I can now hear CCR (after ten minutes) running faster and completing my CUTS.

I just wonder how many of you have things running in your backgrounds (we don't always know they are) when you're trying to CUT in CCR; thus, chop/chop/chop/chop/chop!!

DO ANY OF YOU THINK THESE ARE REASONS FOR YOUR problems in CCR? And, if these are concerns for a good number of you, I just wonder how many other things go on we don't know about (I always think there is someone in there besides us at any given time...LOL) that have nothing to do with CCR and/or ProvoCraft's website. Please don't flame me....just trying to do a little more detective work. If anyone wants to call me a cheerleader, go ahead. Doesn't bother me a whole lot.

I just wish we could get all the problems worked out.....don't really believe they ARE all PC's problems, but I do think they should do a better job of ferreting out for us and solving the problems rather than just letting most out here fend for themselves.

Char

.....this is not speaking to the issues with paper tearing....that's a whole other horse of a different color!

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:38:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JustJudi Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:40:37 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
I use an iMac, and I make it a practice to quit out of all programs not in use. It works great with my E2. I really wish we could figure it out. I wonder if it was a bad batch of Minis. I got mine at the very beginning. I ordered it minutes after HSN went on the air. Maybe we can narrow down when we all bought them.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:42:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/11/2013(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:43:20 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
BUT! Now that I think, there HAVE been times when my Mini cut like butter. That was quite a few CCR updates ago.
Jooniper Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:45:31 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Yep, most times for me when CCR is not working properly it is something on my computer causing the problem. It is usually something running in the background, too many windows open, or too many devices on my wireless router sucking up all the internet. LOL

Like you I hardly ever have a problem with CCR cutting, but when I do I know what is causing it and I resolve it and it cuts right again.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:06:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: JudiLoves2Cricut Go to Quoted Post
I use an iMac, and I make it a practice to quit out of all programs not in use. It works great with my E2. I really wish we could figure it out. I wonder if it was a bad batch of Minis. I got mine at the very beginning. I ordered it minutes after HSN went on the air. Maybe we can narrow down when we all bought them.

Judi - It's not my machine...and, I was using my Expression. It was fine after ten or fifteen minutes and went on as always. I'm certain it was because Norton was running programs "behind my back/behind the scenes"!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:07:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: JudiLoves2Cricut Go to Quoted Post
BUT! Now that I think, there HAVE been times when my Mini cut like butter. That was quite a few CCR updates ago.

I used my MINI the other day.....cut everything out just great, as usual. I have never had problems with my MINI and very, very few with my Expression.

Char