Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages123>»
CardsForSoldiers Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 7:11:13 PM(UTC)
CardsForSoldiers

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Thought we could use a clean chat wing. Cool
Dbson Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 7:49:28 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Found us........
imnchghere Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:13:36 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Deb, glad you found us. The old thread should get buried pretty fast and hopefully not confuse people. Hope everyone also sees the new sign up thread.

Worked on getting my boxes ready to ship. Just need to add some goodies. I am off to the $$ store to get decks of cards and puzzle books. Oh and ziplock bags.

Out in the yard today to take advantage of the pleasant temps and work some more on the weeds. I also found the fish food the other day, so the fish are happy.
What is everyone else up this weekend?
Phyllis Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:24:34 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good Saturday morning. Glad we have a new home, I agree it was time to move. Hope everyone is having a good day. Cool here but everything is getting green and lots of tree blossoms. DH is ready to mow grass, at least in some areas. Got two boxes of cards mailed out yesterday. Need to get busy on some house cleaning.
housefullofrotties Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:43:06 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning! The new digs are nice! Happy Saturday to all!

Pat~Enjoy your day in the yard!

Phyllis~Green yards and blossoms sound nice!! Happy cleaning!

Stamp camp is next weekend so I need to spend this weekend prepping. Off to a good start yesterday and then we had friends over for a bit. I had a little notice so I did some quick cleaning (just meant I didn't have to do it today!). The plan was a short visit but they stayed til late. Not complaining, it was nice to visit with them! Need to squeeze in laundry this weekend too. Time to go clean the kitchen and carry on with my day! Have a good one!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:22:43 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning/afternoon.......today is the b'day party for DH's aunt...we will leave around 1:30 and stay a while, back home and more cooking...bread baking now, had to take the ham out to cook bread....hubby's cousin may spend the night with us tonight/will eat lunch with us tomorrow and fly home to TX Monday....

We took a trip to Home Depot, bought a new push mower (last year's model/saved some $$), he drove the 55...wrong....we managed to get the box in the trunk, then the stupid car would NOT crank...what a mess, especially after my left index finger got smashed/tore skin off getting hung between the box and the bumper of the car....called a wrecker, he was on the was to B'ham....called another place and they were coming to get the car, my sis lives in Oxford so they were coming to get 'us' and the mower and get us home.....oh about 30 mins and many hits on the battery/cables later, it cranked...thankfully we made it home and now hubby has to go get gas since we could not stop and fill it up on the way home for fear it would stop again....told him no more trips til that thing is fixed......a money pit....all it is is a money pit.....grrr.....thank you for letting me get that off my chest this morning.....

I have done my housework, eggs cooked, peeled and ready to devil.....hubby will do potatoes in the morning and I have creamed corn to cook....may pick up some okra on the way home and fry it in the morning too, my kids never, ever ate it when they lived at home....now they love it....

I better get to the oven and check bread, hello to all....later....
RGK Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:56:43 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hi, I found the new "home". I think I read all the other posts yesterday but maybe not. I'm still using my tablet and found the 'post' button. we went to Mount Vernon today instead of to the monuments. We were almost there when DS remembered the parade etc was today. No way could DDIL walk that far in her condition. MV was nice, they had never been there. I was once years ago. DGS has his first soccer game today, they had practise yesterday. I don't know how trustworthy this MB is on the tablet so I better try to post now. Hope everyne is having a great weekend. Deb, hope all is well now. Renate
Dbson Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:19:33 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Good to see you on Renate....sorry about having to change plans...but at least there is something to do there....I have a friend in Laurel, MD....she said there were so many things to see and do in and around DC.....have fun....
Oh my finger will be okay, except now I have gone and done much worse....I got the vacuum out to clean up the pollen on the patio, after I plugged it in my shoe caught the cord....hit that hard concrete...messed up both elbows by hitting a fan on the left and a box on the right side....my back/lower back is aching...but no time to whine, to much work to do..........thanks for listening......
Phyllis Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:54:17 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Renate, glad you are having fun in DC. When do you return home?

Jess, hope the rest of the weekend is yours and you can get your prepping done. I opted to shop instead of housecleaning Blushing . There's always tomorrow or the next, lol. DH also opted to go fishing instead of mowing.

Deb, what a day you have had. Sure hope the aches and soreness are short lived. Maybe you should stay in your kitchen the rest of the day.

Pat, did you work in the yard today? Glad the fish have food now.

Since this day is shot for household chores, think ill go play in my room, I'm working on redecorating some, need to paint the walls too, still working on the color choice. Everything still in the planning stage.

Dbson Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:53:43 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis hope you get the room done soon, I should say my finger injury was last night...can't wait to see what tomorrow brings if things come in 3's....
RGK Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:09:29 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Deb, maybe you should stay in a real safe place like the couch, my goodness how dangerous your day(s) were.
Phyllis,, i like your and dh's way of prioritizing LOL! I'm going home Monday. Soccer game was cute, a bunch of little kids in their gear playing their hearts out GS did great, he made 2goals.
Hello to anyone stopping by, Renate.
imnchghere Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:43:11 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I was not so productive in the yard yesterday Sad We had to run a few errands and decided to just leave the yard to today, when we would have no interruptions. Jim stays focused much better than I do, so that should help.

Renate, glad you have been able to check in and are having a good time. I haven't been to Mt Vernon in a long time. I love to sit on the porch rockers that overlook the river.
Have a safe trip home tomorrow.
Deb, I hope you don't have any mishaps today. I have taken some of those falls when walking, bruising elbows and knees bad. Oh and scraping my palms. Jim says I need padding when I walk.
Phyllis, I had to chuckle at you and dh's opting to shop or fish. I see they are closing the Ft Wayne Archiver's. Not sure the sales are so great right now, but when we have meetings there, I always make a point of going to it. Sure wish they would open one here.
Jess, I hope you get the SC things ready this weekend. Did I tell you I ordered the full set of the crayons? When I go to CA, I might take them and a bunch of images and see if my sis wants to help color them. My Mom would enjoy that, but I am not sure the arthritis in her hand would make it difficult or frustrating. No plan yet when I might go, but I want to be prepared with something to do. I have about 2 dz short novels loaded on my tablet. And I loaded a free book of brain teasers.

Well, I need to get moving here and go over to the sign up thread. I had a note from one of my units yesterday. She wrote it on one of the cards I made and sent. I had dropped her unit, which I had gotten from Any Soldier, because they had no communication from her for 60 days. She should be good to send to until late July, so Jim said he would do up a custom form and a box will be on the way tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone who checks in.
Gramma Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:51:17 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings everyone.... Love the new Castle! Good job Pat!

This will be short and sweet and whiny. DH is still sick, I am still sick and we're both sick and tired of being sick and tired. Mojo took an express out there somewhere... head him my way if you see him.

Gray and rainy still...

Hugz,
Gramma
DeannaPhipps Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:58:44 PM(UTC)
DeannaPhipps

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Six months ago a Michaels opeined near me i have been a very happy camper
Dbson Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:57:10 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, what a busy day......missed a couple of the family today, lots of food, I am beat. Took DH's cousin back to the cousin's house she is staying with near the race track...oh what a mess....red mud everywhere....so I get about 3/4 way home...hubby calls....cousin left her cell and glasses on our table....so when I get home I wash the mud off my tires, call her and head back to deliver the two items...home again and more mud washed off....that was my day.....oh and no injuries but the day isn't over either....I am so sore and several bruises too.....

Gramma sorry you and DH are still sick.....

Pat sorry you had to change yard work plans.....we had rain again this morning......

We have several new stores in the building stages but 'no names' have been revealed...sure wish we would get a J's or M's.....

Hello to all that drop by, I need to get comfortable and take some ibuprofen..plus tomorrow we start up the walks again.......have a great night...
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:38:32 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Boo for Monday getting here so soon. Have a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:52:41 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Monday......
Got a nice 4 mile walk in, hubby also walked for about 30 mins...ready to start my day.....glad we have such a nice place so close.....
Hello to all that drop in, I am off to get dressed, we need to carry the 'old' car to the shop...later...
RGK Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:13:05 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello everyone, I read all the posts. Looks like lots of work going on and some bugs still floating around. Same as always LOL.
I'm home. I had a great trip, did not do all we wanted to do but it's ok. DDIL is due any day. I was impressed how much she could still do. Yesterday we walked at Arlington Ntl Cemetery up and down the hills, looking for 2 graves. One was of her great uncle (WWII). He was 24 when he died in France. The other one was one of DS's friends. He was only 20 and a month short of coming home. So sad. We also saw Kennedy's and Washington's gravesides and watched the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier. The guards perform their duty with perfection and you can just feel the honor and respect.
I came home to the news of the bombs at the Boston marathon. Scary world we live in.
Better get ready for work tomorrow, I'm sure there will be plenty waiting for me. Hope everyone is having a good evening. Good night and happy Tuesday.... Renate
#19 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:40:47 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy middle of the night. Hope everyone has a good day.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:45:20 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Morning, another sad day for this great country. Prayers for those affected....

Renate good to see you made it home, glad your DIL was able to do a few things....do they have a name yet?

Jess have a great day....

Got a 4 1/2 mile walk done this morning, need to get busy here in the house with a few things, we have to put the handle on the new lawn mower.....plus a few things to do in the motor home...

Hello to all that drop in, have a great day.
imnchghere Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:22:21 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning in the castle. Busy weekend here, that spilled into yesterday. I am skipping my friend's crop at her house. Just too much to do here and I really have nothing to work on.
Off tot he PO with 2 boxes of cfs, and the bank for a society deposit. Then back home, where I am going to get 2 more boxes started, so that I can just add to them as the cards come.
Made good progress on the weeds, but there are chances of rain all week, so that will set us back. Dropped a load of $$ at Lowe's yesterday. Replaced the power washer, so nw we can do the back of the house. They also had the gazebo cover in stock, so we got that and Jim was able to get it put on. I will get the side panel curtains and netting out of the shed today. Once the side panels are up, the bike can go outside. We also bought a bench for the backyard. We have 3 out there, but they all have the wood slats which are rotted/rotting and really just an eyesore. We had only gone to get boards to build a new raised veggie planter. Jim will assemble that next weekend. We have 3, but they are too close together. Big job emptying one into the new one and then re-positioning it and emptying another and re-positioning. You get the picture. Mad

So sad about yesterday's events. Jim has cousins in Boston and they had friends in the race.

I spoke to my sister on Saturday. They have moved Mom into a convalescent hosp to get her mobile. Her back needs to heal from the fall, then they can get her off pain meds and try a steroid injection for her hip. If that doesn't work, then she will have to have hip replacement. My sis needs a break and as soon as they know what is going to be done (hopefully in the next few weeks), I will go out to help. This means I need to focus on my projects and get them moving.

Renate, glad you had a good visit and are home safe and sound. Did you fly through Dulles? I am just curious how security was? Since the cut backs, they are saying lines are longer. That is something I will have to take into consideration since Jim won't be going with me.

Time to head out here. Have a good day everyone.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:34:46 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well! What a sad day yesterday was.

Deb~Hope the last couple days have been accident/pain free. Sure hope you can get that car running good!

Renate~Hope you had a fabulous time and your first day back at work goes smoothly. Way to go to DGS for his two goals! I probably would have sobbed the whole time at the ANC. I get too emotional about that kind of stuff. The changing of the guards would have been awesome. I wish I would have seen that when I was there.

Phyllis~Shopping over house cleaning was a way better choice! Did you decide on paint colors?

Pat~I've heard of quite a few Archivers closing lately. That's too bad. Woohoo on the crayons! I hope you and your mom are both able to enjoy them. Good to see that you heard from the unit. You are finding plenty to keep you busy. Will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Gramma~Get well thoughts to you and DH!

Busy and blah here. Finished stamp camp Saturday night. I could give a other demo grumble, but I won't! Worked more on wedding stuff on Sunday. 11 hours of work, migraine by the time I got home and the terrible news out of Boston for my Monday. Work today was fine, haircut after work and I'm just exhausted right now. Supposed to be meeting my sis on Friday. Nephew went home for the weekend and as far as I know brought all of the printed information for me to start cutting. That will be over 600 pieces I have to cut (please say a little prayer that she printed everything as she was supposed to!), some of them have to be stamped and some need to be glued. Steak and potatoes for dinner tonight. Grocery shopping tomorrow. My SU! order came yesterday and I haven't even looked at it yet. Maybe I'm running a fever too!Wink Have a good evening!

Jess

RGK Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:27:40 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Tuesday evening,
Deb, yes they have a name but have not decided on the spelling yet and I don't want to get used to spelling it and maybe be wrong.--great walking job! Is your lawn mower ready to be used? Yes, sad day for the country. I hope they catch the responsible person(s).
Pat, I see you are getting ready to spend the warm months outside. Glad Jim can be of help. I hope your mom will heal as planned and avoid the hip replacement. I flew in and out of Reagan/National. Not too many non-stop into Dulles. Security was no more than before in my opinion. I was through in less than 15 minutes.
Jess, you didn't mention runny nose and I guess that means you're over it. Work was ok, busy of course. I know what you mean about the little kids and getting emotional. I did alright, but I always make a big deal out of everything 'new' he does. It's my duty LOL. Sorry you missed the changing of the guards, hope you get to see it someday.--Looks like you took on another big project. Hope the 'prepwork' is done.
How's everyone else doing tonight? Hello to all. Renate
Phyllis Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:47:00 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Indeed sad day yesterday. I watched it almost non-stop yesterday and all evening today. Hope they catch them real soon.

Pat, glad you heard from your Mom and hope she can avoid the hip replacement. You sure have a lot on your plate.

Renate, glad you had a good time in DC. I've never been there, need to put that on my bucket list.

Deb, I see you're still walking. Boo on all that red mud on your car.

Jess, no paint choices yet. It's a job I hate to mention to DH as he knows he will have to do it, he doesn't trust me with a paint roller/brush. Hope your wedding stuff all works out for you with no problems. What kind of goodies did you get from SU? I would have torn into that immediately, LOL.

Gramma, hope you kick that sick bug in the bootie and send him on his way.

It's getting late so I need to start thinking about turning in.

#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:46:08 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! One snooze was not enough, I am dragging today. Hope the day starts out brighter for everyone else!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:29:03 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon....I was sick yesterday afternoon, worked in the yard quiet a while before and after lunch and it just hit me....went to bed at 4, up about 6 for some soup. Gracie was sick during the night/early morning....had a mess in her kennel....feel so guilty but better her and the kennel blanket than being loose in the house.....she is better this afternoon. I think part of my feeling bad is still from the fall Saturday, as my momma would say, 'I am stove up'......whatever we had/have, hope it goes away soon...
Jess sorry about the 'snooze'....hope you can get all the wedding stuff taken care of....have you gone thru the SU stuff by now?
Phyllis I have 3 paint strips in my bedroom trying to decide which color I want to pick. Hubby and I have talked about down sizing in the next couple years and I should probably go with a neutral color, need to pick up the closet organizers too. Carpet will have to wait....
Pat hope you can get the yard work done....I am thinking of raised beds this year. Praying things with your mom improves and she won't need surgery, at least you will be able to fly out when you are needed.
Renate keep us posted on baby news.....there are lots of names I know that can be spelled different ways...best to wait before you share.....
Hello to everyone that drops by, I did get a 5 mile walk yesterday, but only did about 3 1/2 this morning, had to get back home and meet the SU demo and pick up something for my cousin, then quiet a few errands....later.....
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:44:35 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:27:00 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good early morning, storm rolled in yesterday afternoon, some parts got 3-4 inches of rain in minutes....lots of flooding in Oxford near the school.....see in the forecast we have storms coming in tomorrow morning too....may have to adjust our walking time.....

Hope everyone has a great day.....

imnchghere Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:20:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good early morning from me also... woke up at 4:30 and got up at 5. We had a 30 minute rain shower. Nothing like Deb though.
I am going to try to get the last of my cards sorted/packed and into boxes. Trying to stay on top of them. Need to be ready to head to CA when my sis lets me know. I doubt it will be before early May, but I want to be ready.
Deb, we are going to try to get the raised beds taken care of this weekend. We have off and on rain in the forecast for the next week, so we will have to take advantage of every dry moment. I was happy to get the gazebo top up, but we still need to do the side panels. Then the bike can go out.

Since it is wet, I think I am going to work on de-cluttering the bathroom cabinets under the sinks. I know there is a lot that can be trashed. Should be able to walk with Jim this afternoon, but just in case, I am going to hop on the bike this morning. I still haven't tried the new Zumba dvd I ordered.

Hello everyone. I'll be back later.
Dbson Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:58:08 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, managed to get 5 miles in this morning......whew......hair cut, bulletins done for church and I am going to chill the rest of the day.....trying to get all the craft supplies my cousin wants me to bring down....also need to plan the foods I will be taking with us.....

More sad news about the explosion/fires in TX.....

Pat I won't even think about the raised beds til we get home......

I see chatter about the Gypsy not being 'produced' any more, but they will repair it...enough said...

Have a great afternoon, I need to get busy

Edited by user Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:58:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified