Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

87 Pages«<7576777879>»
HisGem Offline
#2281 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:51:32 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Good mornin'

It is another day of gray skies and rain! Not much to share today. I was able to get a few projects done over the weekend.

I haven't popped on for a few days and wanted to say heller BigGrin Kenya~
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2282 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:26:48 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 432 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Hello Tuesday!!!

JCI on a sunny, beautiful afternoon and trying to stay awake. I'm not sure why I'm feeling so sleepy all of a sudden but I still have two more hours to work!

Kenya, hope the weather brightens soon in your neck of the woods since I'm enjoying our warmer temps!

Renee, thanks for your help, tfs your cards.

Cassie, how goes the room redo for son?

Waving hello to everyone and wishing you all a great week.

pumpkin918 Offline
#2283 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:57:50 AM(UTC)
pumpkin918

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Good morning,

I am JCI to say Hi. The weather has jumped from winter to pre-summer and I must admit the air conditioner came on Monday evening.

As I mentioned in another post I purchased the other cutter. If you have any tips or youtube videos that I can watch I would appreciate it. Also a printer that works good with the machine. Thanks!

Waving to everyone to have a stress free and laughable day! Take care!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2284 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:57:31 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Hello and Happy Friday-eve!!

JCI quickly, as I must get some "real" work done today. LOL. Co-worker and I were involved with preparing for, and pulling off, a farewell luncheon and cake send-off for a fellow teammate (last day was yesterday)! B/W running b/f to Costco, and getting signatures, we lost at least a good day & 1/2 of work time! BigGrin I mean...Glare

Nothing crafty to share today. Hopefully I can get some stuff done this w/e!! Planning to take the plunge and purchase a new cutter tool - my Cricut cutter has about reached its end-of-life! The days of crooked cuts and torn paper are coming to an end!!BigGrin

Waving hello to all!!

BTW - I actually used my new D3200 yesterday for co-worker's send-off celebration!! So far, I like it; but I have a lot of reading/studying to do to get a full understanding of all the camera's functions/capabilities!!Blink

Peace...

Lisa

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:58:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected a typo

Cassie Offline
#2285 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:58:16 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Hey Party People!!!!!!!!!!

Treva - I'm hoping to update my blog tonight/tomorrow with the room makeover as it stands now. I still need to purchase a new lamp (which home depot had on display but not in a box) and waiting on headboard. He loved his room and I was very happy about that. He wouldn't even let us finish. I need to have him tidy up a bit before taking new pics, LOL!!!

I've been busy. My family is hosting the Seniors (citizen) at church on Saturday and you all know I had to make goodie bags. I still have 6 more gable boxes to cut out, then I need to work on a label. We've got the menu together, each child will play a few tunes on their instrument, few rounds of bingo (I need to iron on two of the prizes tomorrow), and we should be set. It's only a 2 hr time frame and they study scriptures for the last 30 minutes, so I should get to my class reunion meeting on 15 minutes late.

Have a GREAT evening ALL!!!
ellamap Offline
#2286 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:44:32 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello everyone! Surprise!! Actually, I read this all the time. I'm just too lazy to sign in.
Everyone ready for the weekend? I hope it's good. But it seems the weekends are busier than weekdays!
I'll check in again!
HisGem Offline
#2287 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 1:12:28 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey y'all!!

Cassie, how did the hosting go? I hope you share the goodie bags :)

Lisa, glad you like your camera! I know what you mean about learning the capabilities Blushing I have not even chipped off the tip of the iceberg!

Pumpkin!! The A/C had to come on? Not even close. We actually had snow yesterday. Today it is in the 50s so I opened a window....

Wanted to give our thread a lift...waving hello to Netta, Dot, Renee, Ella, Treva and others :)

Have a good evening!
CraftyNetta Offline
#2288 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 2:27:53 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Good afternoon sistahs,

I am checking in to let you all know that my family and I are safe. It was the hospital holiday today, so I was home. I work several blocks down from the marathon explosions. The hospital is on high alert now, I am not sure if I will get called in to work. This is just a horrible event.

I will be back in later.

~~Netta~~
momto2 Offline
#2289 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 2:38:18 PM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Just taking a break from stalking the boston marathon coverage. Thought I would say hello. Glad to hear you are ok Netta. I can not believe someone would bomb a family event like a marathon. I don't understand what this world is coming to.

In other news, I have actually been crafting away. Posted a new layout to my blog yesterday. I also finished a lunch bag to use at work before I did my layout and did the print part of some digi images for a few cards. For some reason, I have really been into coloring again. I know DH is happy to see it since I have a small fortune invested in Copics! LOL LOL LOL Quick question for you card makers. What sizes are you guys making them. I made my last 2 A2 sized so they could be donated, but that seems so small.

ellamap Offline
#2290 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:40:08 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hi all! I am also horrified by the explosions. Sadly, I am not surprised. It amazes me the evil some people decide to do. And there is almost always a child involved to make it even more tragic. And then I realize that this is an everyday occurrence in some countries.
On to a happier topic, crafting! Mom2, I have had a hard time getting used to A2 size cards. They call them standard size in places and I hardly see store cards that small. I like the 5x7 size. It's easy to find envies for them.
Hope everyone has a good night!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2291 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:20:59 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Tuesday....

Wow, can't believe I hadn't stopped in for a few days...life does happen...Prayers and well wishes for all those affected by yesterday's senseless act of terror...I've been enjoying the milder temps.

My weekend meeting went well, I was even recognized for my contributions to the planning and hosting of the event. We were going non-stop from Friday to early Sunday morning but we pulled it off and no one seen us sweat!

I've been busy working on a memory try for my son so I hope to be able to post it on my blog tomorrow. I didn't do anything over the top just wanted to make him something to have from our recent visit with him.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a great day!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2292 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:40:44 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

JCI as I scarf down this Subway Salad for lunch.Flapper I am deeply saddened by the events that took place at the Boston Marathon!Crying An 8 year-old lost his life due to senseless violence! I'm praying for the families that were impacted!

I did a little crafting over the weekend, but nothing major. I need to get to work on finishing my MD cards! It would be nice to get them done and mailed B4 May 12th! LOL.

Momto2 - I typically use the pre-cut cards/envies @ A2 and 5x7 (pre-cut measures a little smaller)! I use the A2 cards as samples and for challenges.

Kenya/Cassie - I think I'm going to need a PhD in photography to figure out all the "tricks" this camera can do!! Laugh

Treva - Glad your w/e event was successful!!

Waving hello to all, as I fight off the sleepies (or "itis")!Sleep

TFL @ the card I made this past weekend:

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:49:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
IMG_20130412_240622_610.jpg
Cassie Offline
#2293 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:36:59 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Hump Day!!

Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. We were so busy last week, I never even had a chance to update my neglected blog. It’s coming today though. I haven’t even crafted since the retreat. Yikes!!! Was in a funk yesterday because a job I applied for, although qualified, I wasn't qualified "enough" to be considered. I really took an interest in the position, but what God has for me, is for me!

Netta – Glad to hear you all are ok. I am so saddened by what happened.

Kenya – We had a blast hosting the Seniors Ministry. I did menu cards and had the kids take their orders like in a restaurant. They were impressed at the live entertainment, lol! I must admit I was very proud of the kids, especially DS whose only been playing the violin for 7 months and had to play his 2 songs from memory because his book was at school. I’ll bbl with a goody box pic.

Ellamap – Glad to see you.

Renee – A2 is my least favorite size (although I do a lot of them) because I feel like I don’t have enough room to work with. I mainly use the large Recollections cards as a base, I think they are 5 x 6.5.

Treva – Kudos on a great meeting! Looking forward to seeing your tray. Every time I see them in HL, I want to buy one, but I don’t know what I really need it for. LOL!!

Alright, I need to eat breakfast so I can take some sudafed, all while checking emails, followed by hot chocolate (because I like the taste of it), then a little chatter with coworkers, then I have tons of work to do! On top of needing to leave early because DH needs the car late this afternoon. Hoping to play around with a new toy this weekend. Fexex says I should have it tomorrow or Friday.

BBL!
HisGem Offline
#2294 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:30:42 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey, hey, hey!!

Just popping in to say heller!!

Netta, I am SO happy you are ok!

Treva, love your tray! I saw it on FB! Great job!

Renee, I typically make A2 sized cards. Although sometimes I will make some square cards or 5x7.

Cassie, I am glad everything went well with the Senior Ministry!

Nice to see you Ella :)

Lisa, you know I heart that card!!

Waving hello to everyone! I hope to get into the craftroom today and knock out a couple projects! TTYL, Kenya~
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2295 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:12:00 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Wednesday.....

JCI as I am happy to say that I finally was able to post a new project to my blog. Thanks Kenya for the love as I shared it on FB too! I'm a little under the weather but I'm pressing on because it is what it is and I've got to keep my head up!

Lisa cute card, left you some love on your blog yesterday!

Cassie love the room makeover pictures posted on SOC, tfs!

I'm not jumping up and down about PC newest announcement, I don't do the craftroom; would much rather they continued Design Studio. I haven't updated my G or my E in like forever, as long as they work when I turn them onBigGrin.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a grand day.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2296 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:49:21 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

JCI as I watch an online training session. Not sure what's been going on with me lately, but I've been so exhausted. Yesterday, I came home, stretched out for a few minutes...wait for it...and woke up at 4am with all of my work clothes STILL on!! WTW?!!

Netta - Extremely glad that you're ok!!

Cassie - checked out your blog, and left you a request!! LOL!!!!!!

Treva - Thanks for the card love on my blog!

Kenya - Thanks for the card "heart"! LOL. I fell in love with how easy that card was to make. That may be my "go-to" for baby cards.

Ellamap - Glad you could pop in to chat!

Waving hello to all!!

Lisa

HisGem Offline
#2297 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:45:28 PM(UTC)
HisGem

I'm baaaaack,

Just wanted to drop by and say check your accounts if you are a gypsy user. There is a $20 credit that must be used by 5/18/13. I never got the email, but the credit is there....bye :)
CraftyNetta Offline
#2298 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:49:22 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Hey my scrappin’ Sistah,

Thank you all!!!
Work has been very exhausting mentally, it’s surreal when you walk into your workplace and we have service men standing post with rifles in hand. Although you do feel safe the patients have to be nervous if we are feeling itMellow . Two of my coworkers were just a block away from the second bombing, where one of them, live. She is currently displaced; the authorities said it could be weeks before she can go back into her house. I just have to keep praying for all the victims, families that lost love ones or loss of innocence, my family and my peace of mind.

On a brighter note, you ladies are doing the scrapping thang, awesome projects on the blog.Love Love

Treva-Beautiful family and picture tray. What is PC up to, I need to check out it out.

Kenya-thank you for keeping it positive and inspirational on FB, some of these posts just wear you down. I know it’s easier to go to FB but I need to come back here. OHH, thank you for the gyspy tip

Lisa-I absolutely love that card!!! Too funny about PhD on the camera, I still don’t know all the features on my Nikon and I brought it a couple years ago..lol

Cassie-love your son room makeover and the tshirts. How was that process with the rhinestones? Glad to hear your Senior Ministry went well.

Renee-I see you are rocking the print-N-Cut feature, I have to try that. Awesome pictures on your blog, were you in Orlando?

Ellamap-hey how is boys? Good to see you.

I have to add my last diaper cake. Summer vacation is coming up soon, and I was told by DH no scrapping machines on the trip. But I thing I may try to bring one, with my copics and that it…Smile .

Have a blessed evening,
~~Netta~~
CraftyNetta Offline
#2299 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:01:15 AM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Good afternoon ladies,

I have great news sistahs, I met First Lady Michelle Obama yesterdayWub . There is a nice group picture that I am trying to get my hands on. I am standing right in front of her. I always knew she was beautiful, but in person, WOW, absolutely stunning and very classy. Her interactions with the patients was so touching. I have pictures of her on my phone. I feel so blessed. This is surely a scrap moment.

It is still a unfortunate situationSad . I am working from home, the whole city is on lock-down. SAD day in Boston. Keep us in your prayers.

~~Netta~~
HisGem Offline
#2300 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:37:28 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Good morning and happy Earth Day BigGrin

Netta, most def keeping y'all in prayer!

How is everyone? What crafty goodness did you work on over the weekend? I managed to get a thank you card completed. Of course I did not snap a photo of it. It was nothing to write home about, but I try to take at least one photo of the projects just as a reference.

So remember last summer when I was having computer woes? Ok, so my main computer has this big crack in by the power button and now it will not power on at all. I still had my old computer BUT I had my old version of that third party software on it so I can cut with the cake. Long story short, I needed to cut some images for a project and my new computer was not cooperating. I heard you could download another version in a different folder. Did that but it overrode the older version Glare Mad I still have the plug in but the version is gone. So then I am like ok I will just do a system restore and all will be well in the land....nope didn't work! Kept getting an error. Then I thought no big deal, I wont trip....but of course someone wants a custom cakeCrying REALLY?? That's the latest with me Flapper oh and the sky is blue....FINALLY! At least I can smile about that BigGrin

Waving hello to everyone, Kenya~

momto2 Offline
#2301 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 10:48:53 AM(UTC)
momto2

Good afternoon all! I am finally getting somewhat caught up and have time to check in here. Thanks for all the card size responses. I like 5 x 7 better, but apparently, to donate them, they need to be A2. I bought a bunch of A2 envelopes and have re-sized my digi stamps, so I am trying to work with that size.

Netta: How exciting to meet Michelle Obama. Can't wait to see the pics. Yes, we were in Orlando at Universal Studios. The kids and I had a great time. But I did jake my back up with all the standing and waiting in line. It is finally much better now, which is prolly why I am getting caught up on things.

Kenya: I am so sorry you lost your software. Can you use CCR to do a cake? If all else fails, I think I have read that you can use your other toy to cut cakes too. Can't remember where I read it, but I will look for you if you want me to.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2302 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:28:14 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Monday and Happy Earth Day! JCI to say and hello and hope that your week is off to a good start. Its feel like winter here today, its suppose to warm up late rin the week though.

Kenya, sorry about the computer woes, you know I feel you in that area. I know that you'll get it all worked out!

Cassie, thanks for hanging out with us on Friday during FNC!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day.
Cassie Offline
#2303 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:29:50 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All!!

Nothing much going on.

Treva - I did have fun although I felt under a lot of pressure. LOL! I"ll just be better prepared next time. I spent my prep time playing with the new toy by trying to work on a school project.

Kenya - Is the blue sky still making you smile. That just tickled me. The weather is unbelievable. We had to turn the heat on yesterday morning to knock the chill off the house.

Netta - That is too cool about meeting First Lady.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2304 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:53:54 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello Tuesday!

JCI to say hello and give us a little boost.

Kenya - Wow @ all your technical woes! I love the blue skies, too; but now things look a little cloudy. This w/e I whipped up a quick DT project for 613 Ave Create - I'll try to post at the end of this message.

Netta - So stinkin' jealous of you Glare , yet excited for you, too! BigGrin I can only imagine how the First Lady is in person. Praying the drama ends for you all, too!

Treva - I hate that I missed your night of hosting the FNC! Our ministry had play rehearsal Friday night from 8-10 pm, and again on Sat., @ the same time. Maybe I can catch FNC this week.

Cassie - Great FNC projects! I've never made a step card - so, I'll have to add that to my "2013 to-do list".

Waving hello to all. Peace & Blessings!

Lisa

cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
IMG_20130420_134549_389.jpg
cropdropnroll Offline
#2305 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:34:01 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Howdy and Happy Hump Day!

We've made it half-way through this week; and there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel! JCI briefly to say hello. I pray all is well. No crafty news to report... other than... I'm in the market for a new cutter; and if I have my way this w/e, the new CP v3 will be mine! *insert mischievous laugh - muah ha ha ha!* Laugh

Gotta go to a quick meeting now, so I'll BBL!!

Have a gr8 day!!
momto2 Offline
#2306 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:09:35 AM(UTC)
momto2

JCI while I wait on my next claimant to arrive for her hearing. I hope she is timely because I am starving right about now. I ate an early dinner last night and made due with a granola bar this morning. I actually heard my stomach growl.

CDNR: Help me out girl, I can't figure out what new toy you are getting. You know I might need something new. LOL LOL LOL
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2307 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:06:03 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Just doing a quick driveby post as I'm into last 20 minutes of another grueling work day! Happy and glad to have a job but some days its taxing on the total me! The weather has been mild today which is a welcome relief because I thought winter was trying to come back!

So did any of you update your gypsy? I stop updating mine some time ago, just don't need to extra headache. I still don't know what I'm going to do with my credits since I don't plan on using the craftroom either. Not being attached to a computer is one of the reasons I still like my cricutBigGrin

Cassie, glad you joined us on Friday and its not that big of deal to complete the projects! I will be putting a small scrappy prize in the mail for everybody that participated this weekend. I think I have your address in some of my filesBigGrin

Renee, thanks for the afternoon funny I'm starting to feel like I need to eat now since I just had a small salad for lunch. I guess I'll have a piece of fruit to hold me over until I can get some dinner. Girl Scout meeting today so I'm not sure when I'll get to eat!

Lisa, what's up with this itch to buy another toy?

Kenya, thank you for the blog love as always much appreciated!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a great day.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:08:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HisGem Offline
#2308 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:58:06 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey hey hey!

Treva, I did not update my g. For some reason mine no longer hold a charge. I never used it much so I don't understand why. I turned it on from time to time...I have a lot of store credit, but nothing is jumping out at me. I thought about getting Mini Books, Teddy Bear Parade, Love You Latte and Ornamental Iron, but I can't bring my self to push purchase. The $20 credit expires on the 18th of May...so I need to make a decision quick!

Renee, yeah I know a few people have cut frosting/gum paste on their other toys. I really was trying to avoid that which is why I tried not to update that version...we will see how it all works out.

Lisa, I thought I had your new itch figured out, but I am stumped...can you give us a little hint? Cute project btw

Cassie, the sky was blue earlier, but now it is cloudy...I hope it comes back!

My daughter cracked the screen of her tablet. It would cost me $60 to replace the screen....uh I will just purchase a new one! I have been thinking about stepping away from electronics/technology for awhile since everything seems to be going wrong with them....LOL

Alright y'all...have a good rest of your day, Kenya~
cropdropnroll Offline
#2309 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 7:14:48 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

JCI briefly to ease the curious minds! LOL!! My new "cutter" is not an actual machine, but a new tabletop cutter (blade) - Cutterpillar Pro v3!! Laugh. Sorry for misleading anyone. I've had it with my Cricut cutter tearing up my paper and having to buy numerous replacement blades!

Kenya - LOL @ you being stumped. Thanks for the project love, too.

Momto2 - *in my Optimus Prime voice - calm down, calm down.* LOL Nothing new for you to buy... this time.

Waving hello as I'm doing my TGIF happy dance!!!

Peace & Blessings to all.

Lisa
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2310 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:22:29 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello,

Just giving our little thread a boost, I had to log on to send someone a PM!

So what's scrappin' this weekend anything exciting. I manage to make a card and box for a birthday party that we were invited to today. DH will be going alone as DD has been at a Science Day event all day and when I pick her up we're headed east. I mean interstate 64 east to see my sister who is in Virginia from Georgia. The weather is nice and I should be doing some housework but I'm not!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a great day!