Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lharpster Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:32:52 AM(UTC)
lharpster

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone,

My name is Lori. I am new to Cricut. I have a Cricut mini. I have done some simple projects using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I am now interested in making the peacock from the Art Nouveau cartridge and am having trouble with the layering. I make all 6 of the peacock images 5" x 2" but it seems that some of the layers cover up the fancier layers.Crying Do I need all of the layers or can I pick and choose which ones I want?

Thanks for any suggestions.

LoriBigGrin
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:13:54 AM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
hi Lori I am Dori.

I have had my E2 since November last year. I don't have the carts you are talking about but I do know that you can use what ever layers you want to.

In cutting layers I have found a few tricks that help me. I usually use CCR. It is easier for me to get the designs I want. I am always mixing shapes and carts.

I usually start layer 1 with the background shadow (the biggest piece) and then I go to layer 2 and the next shape. until I get all the layers. I usually place them on top of each other so that I can see what the finished item will be.

Make sure you have the relative sizing button setting on. if you select all the layers at the same time then resize tot he size you want then each layer will resize correctly for that finished size.

then I move them around if I am cutting more than one finished shape. to save as much paper as possible.

There is so many possibilities for all these shapes.

I would love to see your peacock after it is finished. I love peacocks... I might have to get that cart.

Good luck and happy creating
Dori
 1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
lharpster on 4/22/2013(UTC)