Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<3839404142>»
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1171 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:56:43 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1461 time(s) in 1166 post(s)
Happy Belated Birthday, Sandra!!

I agree about the drama, Nancy. I think some people just like to stir the pot.

I have a really old Fiskars rotary, but I always had trouble getting cuts to be straight on it, too. Like when I was cutting a piece of CS in half for a card, it would go wonky. Never could figure out why, except that maybe because there did not seem to be much support under the cutter, and maybe I pushed too hard and that caused things to shift. I don't know. I will keep my little cutter for small stuff, as it is fine for that, but I think I will like this new big one!!! I will try it out the most when we get home to do Megan's invites.

Did I tell you all that Megan and Brandon found old mold in their basement? It was behind paneling on sheetrock. So they are totally ripping out their basement walls and carpet and will re-do the whole thing. It is not a huge basement, fortunately. I know maybe 12 or so years ago there was a flood in that basement. The owner had some kind of pump installed after that.

I am kind of sore today. Finally took some advil. Hope it helps soon.

JeanneLee Offline
#1172 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:12:18 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Happy birthday, Sandra!
catrin03 Offline
#1173 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:14:48 PM(UTC)
catrin03

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good Evening Ladies!

Well between working over the last 5 days and taxi-ing my kids around, I finally managed to clean up the room! and get it set up!! I was glad that I was able to help out for the fundraiser but... ouch..

the Wedding pictures were beautiful!!
I loved the extra cards that were posted.

It was great to be able to sit down and catch up with everyone.

Have a great night all...
catrin03 Offline
#1174 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:17:16 PM(UTC)
catrin03

p.s..

forgot to mention. I also have an image, but have never been able to get it to work. Its on my list of things to do..
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1175 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:46:28 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I think I was blessed with my Imagine. Once I got it synced or updated or whatever it was, it works great! It was a Wally's Black Friday one from LAST year.

I had a pizza in the freezer I baked for the family, and it was AWFUL. I threw it away and went and got more.
SandraB. Offline
#1176 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:28:00 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 234 post(s)
Hi everyone and thanks for the birthday wishes. Pretty crazy last few days here. Mom had her surgery early this a.m. and is doing ok. I didn't get up to see her today but my sister did. I will go up after school tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the drama was I missed on the board, but it probably wasn't of any great importance anyway.

Hope everyone had a good day today.

Busy week coming up; hockey Mon. & Wed., bowling Tues., a course Thurs. afterschool and then we leave early Fri., morning for Troy's tournament. Will also have to fit in a few hospital visits too. I just booked us flights for the first week of July to go see the kids in Vancouver. Now for sure we have to get the passport stuff in, will do that Fri., morning on our way to the tournament.

Bye for now, take care everyone.
JeanneLee Offline
#1177 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:35:32 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Hi Sandra, so glad to hear your mom came through her surgery.

Joy, sorry to hear about the mold issues, Megan has.

Hi catrin03, I never wanted an Imagine...seems like most people have a love/hate relationship with it. I do however like my Gypsy, my Anniversary Expression 2. I also got a reconditioned Expression a few weeks ago when there was a sale. Enjoy creating!

I must have missed the drama, Nancy. Probably a good thing!

Busy week for youngest DS...he is trying out for football league(homeschool/private school group) Tuesday and Thursday. He is a sophomore and has always wanted to play but we haven't been able to find a high school team for him to play in until this year.(Public school and private schools won't allow home schoolers in) It will be a trek for us (45 min drive one -way) but he will playing football!
Its also DS 16th bday. on Weds...so we will be heading to get his learners permit!

Hope you all had a rest filled Sunday. Enjoy your Monday! Smile
NJsharon Offline
#1178 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 6:36:38 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 245 post(s)
Yep, guess I missed all the drama on the board too! Not sure what that was about, but maybe I am glad I missed it?!

Crop was great on saturday, we had about 9 people there. Our only complaint was it was cold! I guess the owner had the A/C on 2 days before so didn't want to switch back to the heat, but we needed it on saturday, it was chilly!!! But manager & waitresses at the diner were very friendly, food was great (cheap, good portion size & tasted good) & got a lot accomplished with my card making too.

I will try to remember to take pics of a couple of cards I made later & post them.

Starting my new job today & nervous about that. Don't know why, but I am!
It is in a local school, only 12 min drive one way & working 12.10pm-3.10pm so nice hours too.
But I am sooo nervous, I have butterflies in my tummy! LOL

Will arrive a little early just to check a couple of things, like if I have to sign in somewhere, when/if I get a school ID, if paras have a mailbox to check each day, oh & my schedule on thursday looks a little screwy, so want to check where I am meant to be at what times.

Emily, one of my girls, has gymnastics after school. Then I have bingo this evening. Will be nice to see my bingo buddies & go over my day!

JeanneLee Offline
#1179 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 8:06:15 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Sharon, with our crazy weather here, its hard to tell if we need the ac or heat turned on!
Sounds like you had a fun time, look forward to seeing your cards.
Hope all goes well on your first day!
Shelly Offline
#1180 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:02:26 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SANDRA!! Glad to hear you mom's surgery went well. Praying for a speedy recovery for her.

Sharon - Hope things went well at your new job today. I'm sure it will! Sounds like you have a busy evening.

Joy - Let me know how you like your new cutter. I have looked at it in Costco, but have resisted. Maybe I will have to get one.

Crazy weather here too. Was such a beautiful day yesterday, a little cool, but really nice. Woke up this morning to snow! Someday soon we will make the switch to permanent spring, I hope.

GS just left. Boy what a busy little guy. Did not sleep in the porta crib I have for him, so he slept (if you can call it that) with us. About pushed me out of bed a few times both nights. He was a lot of work, but a lot of FUN. Now I'm going to take a nap to catch up on the last two nights.

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2013 11:02:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1181 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 2:02:02 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all. Trying to pack and take it easy at the same time. The last couple of days have been a bit rough.

Did I tell you that our pastor was to run in the Boston Marathon but early Thursday morning woke up in horrible pain, and was diagnosed with kidney stones. Didn't get released from the hospital till this morning (I guess he had them physically removed). Kind of glad he wasn't there.

Sharon, hope your day went well!!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1182 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 4:29:02 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Joy.. there had to be a little angel on your Pastor's shoulder missing the marathon. So sad that so many crazy people in theis World...

Sandra.. glad mom is doing ok after her surgery

Shelly..You must be exhausted after watching your grandson overnight. I bet he loved sleeping with you..LOL

Sharon.. glad you enjoyed your crop I hate when it is cold Good Luck with your new job

Catrin... nice to see you chatting again.. try calling PC maybe they can help you get the Imagine started

JeanneLee. this weather is insane one day cold you need a winter jacket the next day warm

the wind is crazy

Took Abigail for a walk today so windy it was only a 20 min walk...

I ordered some toys for Abigail Birthday a Radio Flyer Bouny Rockin Horse as soon as I saw it I said that is it.. I also ordered her a phone and a Stroller for her dolly but also it is sturdy enough for her to use and walk I ordered it on Sat. and received everything this morning. Love this site it is called "YoYo.com" everything is broken down by age and gender plus free s/h

Good service

Well have a good night/day all
Larmabee Offline
#1183 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:18:49 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello all!
I have been crazy busy and missed being here. I am LOVING my mini iPad! I never have trouble signing on with it.
Terrible business in Boston. Prayers to all involved!
It is so nice talking to you all with normal lives! Almost trying to get back on here more often to keep up with you all,
TAke care
Laura
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1184 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:26:23 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Kind of cloudy here today and cold... We have such pretty flowers coming up in the front yard with this weather it makes you wonder if they will survive!

The Koi are so confused usually they are being fed on a daily basis but with the weather being so cold they are going down to the bottom again

DD is late she forgot something and had to go all the way home again

She finally picked out Abigail Christening dress hopefully it will be here soon

The Party dress she can't make up her mind my DD can't make a decision!!

Nice to see you Laura enjoy your new toyBigGrin

Hope everyone has a good day/evening
Shelly Offline
#1185 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:23:11 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well!

Cold and cloudy here with a forecast of snow, again, this evening/night. I want to leave on my cruise now and get away from this. I don't leave till the 26th and it will probably be nice on a consistent basis by then.

Nancy - I had my GS for two nights. He wouldn't sleep for very long in the porta crib either night and only took a 20 minute nap. I was so tired by the time he went home. He was a lot of fun though, but I hope its a while before I do that again. Probably will have him for several days when the new baby comes. I am going to go check out that website for the toys! Sounds like a good site.

Joy - Glad your pastor was home and safe yesterday. Sad he had to have kidney stones, but at least he's ok. Sorry to hear about your daughter's mold. That can get expensive to take care of. Have fun at the races.

Catrin - I agree with Nancy about calling PC to get your Imagine going. They have always been very helpful when I've called. They got my Imagine going and I love it. They also spent several hours with me when my Gypsy stopped working during an update, and they even replaced it even though the warranty was up.

Going to try and get some crafting done today. We'll see how it goes. Have a good day everyone!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1186 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:48:21 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good afternoon! WINDY WINDY WINDY here. I am SO TIRED of wind. And today, it is not very warm despite the fact that the sun is shining. I think maybe I am ready to go to SO CAL for warm weather!

Nancy, I laughed at Patty not being able to make a decision. She and Megan sound like two of a kind. Makes you want to pull your hair out sometimes. Flapper

Laura, glad you are enjoying your ipad mini! The girls and I are all seriously considering going to an iphone when our contract is up. We loved our phones in the beginning, but after 1 3/4 years, they are not holding up very well. But I do like the android platform.

Shelly, have you gotten a nap with alll of your lost sleep??? I can't wait to hear how you like your cruise!!!!!

Catrin, I too would calll PC. I have been fortunate that my Imagine has worked great. I got a piece of paper stuck in it today. The mat was not sticky enough and there was a loose edge. The mat came out and the paper didn't after printing when it was time to cut. Luckily I could reach it from the back and was able to pull it out. I was just going to cut out the images, but I was too lazy and reprinted and cut everything. Not bunches on the paper, luckily. I made seven cards with my I in like 45 minutes, which is SO nice. Six were the same. BigGrin And one birthday card. The time spent was glueing everything together.

Almost packed, I hope. The poor dogs are going to be so lonely durng the day.
NJsharon Offline
#1187 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:17:21 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

A little breezy here, but 71 degrees, so lovely out!

My new job is still going well! I can't remember if I said, but I with 5th grade for 1 1/2 hours, then Kindergarten for 1 1/2 hours. Of course I prefer the K kids! Just a fan of that age! But the 5th graders aren't bad at all, just prefer the little munchkins. LOL

Have a nice crop on Saturday that I am vending at & also cropping at. It is at my old school, which will be funny to attend! I have to call Hobby Lobby maybe this evening or tomorrow morning. As we gave them a letter asking for a donation for that crop, so just want to follow up with that.

Might go to Six Flags on sunday. We may sign up as season pass holders, so would need to validate our IDs by April 28th to get a free parking pass for the season. I think the girls would love a season pass to there! It would include Hurricane Harbor, the water park & also the safari.

Excited just thinking about it!
PedalPower Offline
#1188 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:31:10 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi girls....warm and windy here the last couple of days. I got out on my bike both Monday and Tuesday and am still managing to fit in some cards. I have gotten a lot of scrapbook pages done in the last month or so. Happy to make some progress on those!
catrin03 Offline
#1189 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:19:12 PM(UTC)
catrin03

hi ladies!!!

you are all correct. I should (I mean will) get on the phone with them. I have many things to do. get the image going and since finally I have a laptop I may be able to give my gypsy its first upgrade! I know, kind of pathetic. I use it a lot but mainly to help me find the image I want. I have designed on it and then got home, pulled out the cartridges and printed out what I wanted for the page. Loved it but never took the time to figure out how to use it to the best of its and my ability. The kids still call it Mom's craft PSP. cause it looks like theirs.

happy crafting!

sharon; glad job is going well, have fun at the crop too!

laura; my daughter is going to a school next year where they are going bookless, all the kids are going to use i-pads. she is so excited about it, Should be interesting.

joyfully: your cards sound nice and to get so many done in a shorter period of time. I do have 5 or 6 image cartridges that I got off e-bay

lov2scrap; been dress shopping this week also, although for a confirmation dress... picky 14 yr olds, she is making my hair turn even more colorful..Giving me more of my natural highlights!!

ahh, here comes the rain, was thinking of going up to try to get some work done, got some designs crowding in my head and want to try to put them to paper, but just to tired tonight.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1190 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:38:11 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Busy past couple of days. My back wasn't doing too good, Lots of heat now it is ok.

Today was bowling we lost everything all 3 games. We bowled 4 men who all bowled over 200 games so there was no chance there no matter how well we did.

Went to lunch with Dh then Dentist, then Walmart I bought Abigail her own chair very soft and lumpy Minnie Mouse figure she can learn to sit outside with us. Then some little toys

Then off to Kohls need bra's I think of all the undergarments that is the worst to buy. Well they had a sale going on 36.00 then half off could only find 3 then you got 10.00 back in Kohls cash. Hopefuly I will get back to use it.

Left the house at 9:15am came back at 5:30pm.

Beautiful day here today

Nice to see some old chatters again and new

I just got a email from Cricut that we can finally upload our Gypsy to CCR.

We will see how that goes.

Hoping everyone has a good night/day
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1191 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:35:31 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well right now I am doing the Happy Dance...

I updated my Gypsy that took 45 min. then I updated CCR that was 4 minutes then I synced the Gpsy to CCR within 45 minutes everything is linked... I am so happyBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Especially since my Gypsy went right now it is on MM not inches can't switch that at all and stuck on page 2 resetting didn't work so that is it .

Thank you PC plus a bonus 20.00 pl;us I still have a credit from last time.

Happy happyBigGrin
JeanneLee Offline
#1192 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:07:48 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Morning all!

Its a cloudy day here...temps have been nice the past couple of days.
Had a fun day yesterday celebrating our youngest DS's birthday! Sixteen years old...where did those years go! He wanted to head to the MVA to take the test to get his Learners Permit. He got 25 out of 25 questions and passed!

Also my FIL had in and out surgery yesterday for a tumor on his bladder. PLUS, last Sat he had an accident with his buzz saw and nipped his finger. Not a good week for him. Please pray he heals quickly and his test results on the tumor is negative. They won't know for two weeks.

Joy, amazing story about your pastor! So sad for the victims of this tragedy. Hope they find the bomber.

Nancy, I haven't tried the Linking for my G and the CCR yet, but am so excited. I did check and found I did get the $20 already! I have credit from the last credit they issued. Need to get spending it!

This morning I am off to go help with a funeral luncheon for a friend who lost her mom this week.

Shelly Offline
#1193 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:22:29 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

So maybe some of you that use CCR can help me with a question. I am thinking about downloading CCR and syncing my gypsy so that I will have a backup in case my gypsy dies again.
Can I have CCR on more than one computer? Just thinking that if I ever used CCR I would probably want to design on one computer in the house, but actually cut using a different one. I thought I had read when it first came out that you could use it on two computers, but I was just looking at the FAQs page and didn't see it.

Also, did you all get an email about a $20 credit? I did not get one, but I'm fairly certain I registered my G.
JeanneLee Offline
#1194 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:15:45 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Hi Shelly, YES you can have the CCR on two computers.

I did receive my credit in the mail. Did you get the email about the G link to CCR?
..maybe you can call them to let them know you haven't received your credit yet?
 1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 4/18/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1195 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:43:03 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi shelly,

jeanne is right you can use it on two computers.

I received a email from PC explaining that you can now sync G and CCR. I believe i received the email on Tuesday.

It does explain the 20.00 credit when you sync it comes up when you are checking out at the bottom you click and gift card comes up

I have never even tried cutting with CCR just creating. Hoping to try this Sat.

Busy day here my GF was stopping by to see Abigail she was late and Abigail couldn't wait any longer to go down for her nap. Luckly she woke up in 1 1/2 hrs. and she got to see my GF.

Have a good night all
Larmabee Offline
#1196 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:47:09 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Hello all!
Tomorrow is Staff Appreciation day, so we all have a day off. They started tearing down the old house today. Exciting yet scary. We are finally starting the adventure of building our retirement home. Hopefully it will be done before we retire!
I am really disappointed that DS won't be updating anymore.
Jeanne - sounds busy at your house!
Catrin - that is very cool! I am working on getting an iPad for a couple of my special needs students. I am finding it all quite overwhelming figuring out all the logistics.
Congrats to everyone with their successful gypsy updates!
Talk to you soon
Laura
SandraB. Offline
#1197 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:10:21 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 234 post(s)
Hi everyone;
I know I haven't been around lately, but this week has been crazy. Hockey games Mon. & Wed. nites, bowling Tues., and just got home from a course tonite. Busy packing and getting ready to leave early tomorrow morning for Troy's bowling tournament. Mom came home on Tues., so there were also a couple of visits with her right after school Mon. & Wed. She seems to be doing ok.
Thanks for the heads up on the CCR sync, will have to look for that.

Better run, will catch up with everyone again next week after we get back on Sun.

Take care everyone and have a great w/end.
NJsharon Offline
#1198 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 6:41:43 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Warm today but light drizzle outside right now. 63 already, high of 75 today!

Watching all this stuff in boston going down. I really hope the 2nd brother, the younger one, will give himself up soon. He has to know there is no way out. So very sad, just 19yrs old & doing this horrible thing.

Work is going great still for me. I think I am going to be working one-on-one with a kindergarten kid for half of the day, doing math. He is struggling & falling further behind, so they want him to backtrack a bit. Mainly numbers 11-20 that he is struggling with. So will do some flashcards, counting objects etc.

Tricky tray with friends tonight, so looking forward to that.

Then full day of scrapbooking tomorrow! Excited about that too!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1199 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:56:26 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

This has been some week for me either no one comes over for a visit or everyone came over this week to see the baby.

My GF dropped by on Wed. evening, my cousin this afternoon and my other GF on Thursday I am pooped.

No one has seen Abigail since Christmas so they were anxious to see her.

I am hoping to work on a 1st. Birthday card for her.

Busy weekend here

Storms coming tonight I hope they won't be bad

Have a good night/day all
Larmabee Offline
#1200 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:41:51 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Hello!
Thoroughly enjoyed my free Friday. DH forgot I didn't work and woke me at 6:30. I was able to go back to sleep though. I went into DH's work to help out as he has lost 1 management staff and 2 regular staff this week. Kind of throws a monkey wrench into the schedule.
I am glad the brother has been found. So many are dwelling on this. I feel we need to band together and fight back with good. We cannot live in fear.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Take care and be kind
Laura