Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
TamiLincoln Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:27:47 AM(UTC)
TamiLincoln

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just logged in this morning after a long break and discovered the gypsy linking update and $20 credit in my account. I didn't receive an email, so I wanted to know is it only good on digital content and not an actual cartridge?

I also did all the updates and linked my gypsy to ccr. I discovered my previously purchased holiday card individual images (5 total) are not on my gypsy, but they are in ccr. Should they have transferred too? The multiple image digital image (Karate) I purchased are on both my gypsy and ccr. There are also single card images I did not buy that are on both my gypsy and ccr, but I expect those to disappear when the access rights are changed through ccr.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Tami
mandys Offline
#62 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:42:08 AM(UTC)
mandys

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
I am excited to link mine when I get home from work! I will have to find it first tho, since CCR I hardly use it.

I am sorry some users are dissapointed that the gypsy is discontinued, but I have a casette player I'd like to sell you. Seriously, technology: yes, it gets outdated & obsolete thats the whole point of moving forward with innovation.

I am glad to see a craft company striving for innovation and marketing their product toward the future rather than the past. Maybe they will create an CCR app for tablets than can be used to cut. Who knows?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:42:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kut-n-Print Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:43:19 AM(UTC)
Kut-n-Print

Was thanked: 904 time(s) in 437 post(s)
Thanks to those of you who reported the issue with the 5 free carts promotion. I can't be without those carts so I'll wait until this is fixed before I link up to CCR. So glad I didn't find this out after the fact.
PC, we had access to these carts in CCR earlier, then lost it, now people are losing them off their G's, too. Please fix this issue and bring smiles all around. Thanks.
rnicols7d083053 Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
rnicols7d083053

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is everyone getting the 20.00 credit? How do you get it?
jojoy Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:25:49 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Was thanked: 13415 time(s) in 4161 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TamiLincoln Go to Quoted Post
I just logged in this morning after a long break and discovered the gypsy linking update and $20 credit in my account. I didn't receive an email, so I wanted to know is it only good on digital content and not an actual cartridge?

I also did all the updates and linked my gypsy to ccr. I discovered my previously purchased holiday card individual images (5 total) are not on my gypsy, but they are in ccr. Should they have transferred too? The multiple image digital image (Karate) I purchased are on both my gypsy and ccr. There are also single card images I did not buy that are on both my gypsy and ccr, but I expect those to disappear when the access rights are changed through ccr.

Thanks!
Tami

Yes, the $20 credit is only to be used with the digital images. Have fun shopping! BigGrin

JoJoy

1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
TamiLincoln on 4/17/2013(UTC)
jojoy Offline
#66 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:26:54 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Originally Posted by: rnicols7d083053 Go to Quoted Post
Is everyone getting the 20.00 credit? How do you get it?

As far as I know, everyone with a registered Gypsy should be getting the credit. Did you check your account to see if it is there?

JoJoy
TamiLincoln Offline
#67 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:29:13 AM(UTC)
TamiLincoln

Originally Posted by: JoJoy Go to Quoted Post
Yes, the $20 credit is only to be used with the digital images. Have fun shopping! BigGrin

JoJoy

Thanks JoJoy! That's great to hear, especially when I had to buy a second gypsy when my first one broke. I'll take it!

Tami
Ken's Kreations Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:29:46 AM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1951 time(s) in 500 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricut Lisa Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ken-
This is new and a normal part of the update for our MAC users. It may run through 4 attempts and then start over, but it should complete for you. If it did not please call customer support and we will be happy to assist you.

Cricut Lisa

Cricut Lisa:

Thanks!! I finally did get it to work. It took two times. The weird part is the new things updated right away it was only the imagine content that took forever! Happy Now I Love CCR and now linking is amazing.
rnicols7d083053 Offline
#69 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:35:02 AM(UTC)
rnicols7d083053

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
As far as I know, everyone with a registered Gypsy should be getting the credit. Did you check your account to see if it is there?

JoJoy

I checked my account and do not see a credit on my account. Maybe it is too soon. I updated about an hour ago.
sewnmachine Offline
#70 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:39:03 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I checked my account and do not see a credit on my account. Maybe it is too soon. I updated about an hour ago.

I had a hard time finding it too. But it's there. When you go to check out, click on the drop down menu under giftcards. There it is. I used mine already. Bought Brooklyn iron on.

jscraftylady Offline
#71 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:23:39 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Thanks!
Tami

Some of the digital, single images will never move over to your Gypsy. If it isn't listed on your updated Gypsy at all (even unlinked), it will not move over from CCR.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
JustJudi Offline
#72 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:28:15 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Some of the digital, single images will never move over to your Gypsy. If it isn't listed on your updated Gypsy at all (even unlinked), it will not move over from CCR.

Yeah, there are some that are titled, "Cricut Craftroom Exclusives." Those won't move to your Gypsy from what I can tell. At least they didn't before yesterday's update.
 1 user thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
jojoy Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:37:29 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Originally Posted by: JudiLuvz2CutPaper Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, there are some that are titled, "Cricut Craftroom Exclusives." Those won't move to your Gypsy from what I can tell. At least they didn't before yesterday's update.

If they are the set of a Craft Room Exclusives (such as Move Night), they will work on Gypsy. I have several of them for quite awhile now and have used them many times. Awhile ago, I read where the individual images would not. However, after I synced it (before I got the dreaded security message), I did see the individual free cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day.
SwimMom Offline
#74 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:41:43 AM(UTC)
SwimMom

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kut-n-Print Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to those of you who reported the issue with the 5 free carts promotion. I can't be without those carts so I'll wait until this is fixed before I link up to CCR. So glad I didn't find this out after the fact.
PC, we had access to these carts in CCR earlier, then lost it, now people are losing them off their G's, too. Please fix this issue and bring smiles all around. Thanks.

WhenI bought my Gypsy, I received more than 5 free carts, I"m thinking it was at least 8 - I would not want to lose those!
Scrapperdee Offline
#75 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:55:34 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4181 time(s) in 2399 post(s)
During the gypsy part of the update through cricut sync, the program turned off my G and asked me to turn it on again...and now cricut sync can detect my Gypsy but can't ACCESS to do any updates!!

Its was in the middle of the firmware update

AARRGGHH!!!

I don't want to reformat and LOSE ALL MY FILES!

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:57:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SuzieQ Offline
#76 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:11:46 PM(UTC)
SuzieQ

Canada

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I have the $20 credit in my account, but did not receive an email about it. Can someone please tell me, is there an expiry date on using this credit.
jojoy Offline
#77 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:16:35 PM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Originally Posted by: SuzieQ Go to Quoted Post
I have the $20 credit in my account, but did not receive an email about it. Can someone please tell me, is there an expiry date on using this credit.

The expiration date is in May, I think it is May 17th. Happy shopping! BigGrin
Scrapperdee Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:18:58 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

The expiration date is in May, I think it is May 17th. Happy shopping! BigGrin

WHAT - that's a short timeframe!

I don't think I'll even have my gypsy updated by then

jojoy Offline
#79 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:22:09 PM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Originally Posted by: SuzieQ Go to Quoted Post

For those that did not receive the e-mail, here it is:

April 16, 2013

Dear Cricut Gypsy™ owner,

Gypsy linking is here! We're happy to announce that you can now upload content from your Cricut Gypsy™ device to your account in the Cricut Craft Room® design software. Here's how:

Make sure you have the latest versions of Cricut Craft Room® and Cricut Sync.
Connect your Cricut Gypsy™ device to your computer and follow the prompts to update the firmware.
Open the latest version of Cricut Craft Room®, agree to the linking Terms and Conditions, and then sync and uplink your cartridges.

That's it! After you link your Cricut Gypsy™ device to your Cricut Craft Room® account, you will be able to access the cartridges on your device in Cricut Craft Room®—and vice-versa! For more information, visit our FAQ page. We've put detailed, step-by-step instructions there, too.

If you're not familiar with the Cricut Craft Room® design software, now's the time to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device and try it out! Just like your Cricut Gypsy™ device, Cricut Craft Room® lets you drag and drop your images onto the virtual cutting mat design away—size, slant, weld, rotate, flip, or stretch to make your perfect image.

If you're not familiar with the Cricut Craft Room® design software, now's the time to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device and try it out! Just like your Cricut Gypsy™ device, Cricut Craft Room® lets you drag and drop your images onto the virtual cutting mat design away—size, slant, weld, rotate, flip, or stretch to make your perfect image.

We'd like to give you a $20 credit to purchase digital images and try Cricut Craft Room® and Gypsy linking for yourself. Just shop for digital content on Cricut.com—when you check out, you'll see your credit in the shopping cart. Then log in to Cricut Craft Room® using your Cricut.com account information and you'll be able to start using your images. Any unused portion of the $20 credit will expire on May 17, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. MST, so hurry and start shopping now!

We know that the wait for Gypsy linking has been long—we appreciate your patience and are confident that you will find it worth the wait!

Thank you,

The Cricut Circle™ Team
jojoy Offline
#80 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:25:15 PM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
WHAT - that's a short timeframe!

I don't think I'll even have my gypsy updated by then

Let's hope that we can both get ours updated before that time! Wink
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 4/18/2013(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#81 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:39:54 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I purposely do NOT update my gypsy because of the problems PC's updates have on gypsies...and WHAT HAPPENS with this one....I have to re-format the entire gypsy...which means ALL OF MY FILES will be LOST....AND because PC hasn't bothered to fix the back-up feature for the gypsy...I am ROYALLY SCREWED - YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
 1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Scootingranny Offline
#82 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:03:59 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Was thanked: 3495 time(s) in 1907 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SwimMom Go to Quoted Post
WhenI bought my Gypsy, I received more than 5 free carts, I"m thinking it was at least 8 - I would not want to lose those!

The ones that show up for me on CCR and Gypsy for that promotion are Blackletter, Indie Art, Christmas (noel), Printing Press, Smiley and TBBM along with Gypsy Font and Gypsy Wanderings (that are included with all Gypsy machines).

TamiLincoln Offline
#83 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:37:12 PM(UTC)
TamiLincoln

If they are the set of a Craft Room Exclusives (such as Move Night), they will work on Gypsy. I have several of them for quite awhile now and have used them many times. Awhile ago, I read where the individual images would not. However, after I synced it (before I got the dreaded security message), I did see the individual free cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day.

I can see the Mother and Father's day card images on my gypsy along with a multi image package I purchased. What I don't see is several single images that I purchased available to use on my gypsy. Everything seems to be showing up in CCR. It would be nice to see anything I have purchased on my gypsy also. I don't always work in CCR. Sometimes I like to design on my gypsy. I'm happy for the ability to sync, but I would like to have any images I pay for available to use on my gypsy also.

Tami
jscraftylady Offline
#84 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:03:48 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
I can see the Mother and Father's day card images on my gypsy along with a multi image package I purchased. What I don't see is several single images that I purchased available to use on my gypsy. Everything seems to be showing up in CCR. It would be nice to see anything I have purchased on my gypsy also. I don't always work in CCR. Sometimes I like to design on my gypsy. I'm happy for the ability to sync, but I would like to have any images I pay for available to use on my gypsy also.

Tami

I believe PC reps said these single images would not transfer to Gypsys.
jojoy Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:29:17 PM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Tami

Since the reformat was stuck last night, I had to stop it. Tonight I just synced it the regular way. It took just over an hour. However, I see some of the CCR Exclusive and carts that I purchased (and used on my Gypsy before), missing from the list of cartridges on my Gypsy, even though they are on CCR? I, too, need to find out what is going on. I paid for these, used them before, and now they are not there? Last night when I was going through the whole process, I did see the various single cards (mother's day, father's day) on my Gypsy, and tonight they are not there. What is going on? I've read that others have it on there's??????
TeriE Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:45:29 PM(UTC)
TeriE

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was able to update my Gypsy and link it with CCR (which I still have not tried). When I was done I noticed that I no longer had Smiley Cards and Tag, Bags, Boxes and More on my Gypsy. Since I have the Tags Bags Boxes and More cartridge, I plugged it in and was able to get it to link again. How to I get Smiley Cards back? And I never had any success in getting George to link to my Gypsy (I tried my E and Original Cricut). Is there an easy way to link it to CCR and my Gypsy? Thanks :)
cricaholic Offline
#87 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:28:22 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Questions
Unsure If I decide NOT to link at this time (don't trust PC)...and much......much.....much...later my gypsy dies...I'll never be able to link my carts to CCR will I??
your not suppose sell your carts if their linked to your gypsy....will that be the same if their(new carts) linked to CCR????

Scared FAQ doesn't REALLY give you the WHOLE truth..its too wishy washy for me...ThumbDown
RollEyes CCR is the "NEW" DS and all these newbie crafters can have the new modern digi technology...Blushing but I'm an ol fogy and I want my original carts/machines!!! if I wanted digi I would have bought my 3rd party machine along time ago and saved myself a ton of money!!!
LOL As my Daddy would say "I'm a dime a dozen"...PC doesn't care about me...they have all these newbies thats MORE imprtant....
Crying So lets see....I have the original Expression, Gypsy and Imagine and I've been an MB member since July 2009....I guess I'm being put into an ol folks home soon. PC considers me a nuisance...
Wub I'm not a FIGHTER..I'm a LOVER...I LIKE "NEW IMPROVED" OK so the expression is on its way out...that doesn't bother me much theres the E2 for replacement....the Imagine is gone.... wheres the NEW replacement?????????????the gypsy is gone...wheres the NEW replacement????CCR is NOT the new gypsy...the gypsy is a small portable device, CCR IS NOT!!!!Woot and no, I dont think these replacements will be "COMING SOON"Laugh LOL
RollEyes all your digi discounts/savings/credits does NOT INTEREST me....I don't like CCR!Cool I see thats how your reeling the others into CCR BigGrin GOOD ONE! but I'm the big one that got away.............................LOL LOL LOL LOL who am I kidding I'm just a guppieLOL LOL LOL LOL
Smile I'm HAPPY for those that use CCR!!!
 2 users thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 4/18/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Tina E Offline
#88 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:11:39 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TeriE Go to Quoted Post
I was able to update my Gypsy and link it with CCR (which I still have not tried). When I was done I noticed that I no longer had Smiley Cards and Tag, Bags, Boxes and More on my Gypsy. Since I have the Tags Bags Boxes and More cartridge, I plugged it in and was able to get it to link again. How to I get Smiley Cards back? And I never had any success in getting George to link to my Gypsy (I tried my E and Original Cricut). Is there an easy way to link it to CCR and my Gypsy? Thanks :)

First, after the update my TB&Boxes is still there. ZooDay is not.

As to your George. Call PC CS. I had not been able to get my George to link to my Gypsy either. I thought I would be smart and have the cartridge next to me so I could give them the serial number. Nope, they wanted the serial number for the machine that the cartridge came with. I was like are you kidding me, that machine was years ago. I don't have the machine anymore but I do have my cartridge. As I continued to explain that up until the end of last year I had 6 machines and was now down to 3 and that their machines are not the most durable of machines. George is now linked to my CCR. If you have your machine it should be easy to get the link completed through PC.
Tina E Offline
#89 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:26:01 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)

I have 2 Gypies. I got 1 credit...going to spend it now before it expires.
leahb318d74d62a5 Offline
#90 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:06:45 AM(UTC)
leahb318d74d62a5

I have to say I am very disappointed that you will no longer be updating the Cricut Design Studio content. As someone who does not have access to internet service CCR is almost useless so I LOVE the DS. I do link my cartridges to CCR so that if I lose the physical cartridges I will still have access to them if I ever do get internet. I don't see how you can claim to still offer support for the DS if you will no longer add the new cartridges to it. I paid over $60 for my DS software and to be told that I can no longer get new carts on it is upsetting. If you can provide updates for the G and CCR why is it so difficult to do so for DS? Or to develope an offline version of CCR. Also, will there ever be the ability to link cartridges to our CCR if we don't have a G anymore? (The already linked cartridges I mean.)