Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cottoncandycreations4c73ba9f Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:39:22 PM(UTC)
cottoncandycreations4c73ba9f

Groups: Registered

This is what I get when I try to log into Craft Room now after the update this morning..."There was a problem creating or storing user information for user: myemail@centurylink.net : Failed to Create New User Account.Cannot create AU_User account with this procedure. Use Cricut_CreateNewUserAccount."
Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix?
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:54:35 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cottoncandycreations4c73ba9f Go to Quoted Post
This is what I get when I try to log into Craft Room now after the update this morning..."There was a problem creating or storing user information for user: myemail@centurylink.net : Failed to Create New User Account.Cannot create AU_User account with this procedure. Use Cricut_CreateNewUserAccount."
Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix?

Please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We can assist you over the phone.

-Cricut Gena
christine.davies403baa2d27b Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:46:43 PM(UTC)
christine.davies403baa2d27b

I too am having problems logging in to Cricut after the update, can anyone help me!!
Kara_b86 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:02:51 AM(UTC)
Kara_b86

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I get the same thing. I called support yesterday and they said they're aware of the issue but there wasn't anything that they could for me. They said they'd give me a call or email when it was working again.
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:44:47 PM(UTC)
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a

I'm having the same problem. Confused

I contacted Cricut support and the tech that replied didn't seem to be aware of the problem as they asked me to send them a screen shot of the error message. I sent it to them, let's see what they say.

has anyone been able to solve this problem as yet?
shannan07d6a07b Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:50:47 PM(UTC)
shannan07d6a07b

Has anyone figured this out? I see people are obviously still using the program based on some posts I've read. So there must be ways around it or operating systems that are working with it. I am really frustrated. I called this afternoon about this problem and the guy has no answers other than they are working on it. Really??? It was a mandatory update and they cannot allow us to go to the previous version! Why not??? I would think that this would be a top priority, many of us have spent thousands of dollars on the equipment and cartridges. I just spent 200 on the digital disney bundle this morning. I am having a crop at my house and wanted to use those images!UGH!
Creative Mac Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:00:55 PM(UTC)
Creative Mac

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have had minimal problems logging in to Craft Room but sometimes when I'm designing an image and layering or adding things to the current image on my mat, the program causes a black screen on my computer and I have to restart computer. And . . .if I didn't save the project . . .well you know the rest!! Anyone else having this problem. . .

p.s. even tho I restart, it still gives me the same result. . . .over and over and over . . .Blink
MarolynLewis1 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 8:47:37 PM(UTC)
MarolynLewis1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm still unable to log in also. Had no problems with CCR until this last update. I didn't really need the update since I didn't need to do the GYPSY link but CCR didn't give me a choice. It said update was available and when I clicked on it I got the error message about not being able to store user information. Have been shut out of CCR ever since. Another poster said customer service was going to release a fix yesterday but it's still not working.
TinaCampbell Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 6:07:42 AM(UTC)
TinaCampbell

Is this working yet, cause I'm getting the same error and would really like to use the cart I just purchased, it's a digital cart. Tina
TinaCampbell Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 1:42:29 PM(UTC)
TinaCampbell

I called them today they seem to be aware of the problem and seem to think they'll have a fix on Wed.
I hate to be a bearer of bad news but this has nothing to do with the update. It wouldn't work for me prior to the update, I did the update hoping it would fix it. If you read through the error it has something to do with the sign on that is why some can use it and some don't just wondering if it has anything to do with either that 20 credit being used or the email provider you have.
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:13:09 AM(UTC)
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a

Hi again, turns out that the program is working fine if your email address doesn't end in ".au" !!!
So I emailed Provocraft help again last week and got a reply, yay.

Provocraft: Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We are aware that some customers are having this error with signing into the Craft Room. We have passed this information along to our IT department and are waiting for the solution. We do not recommend setting up a new account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call the number below where one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you or you are welcome to reply to this email.

Me: Hi again,

do you know roughly how long it'll be before we can expect a solution? Will I be contacted when the solution is available or do I need to check if my cart room is working periodically? Is there anything I can do from here?

I would like to suggest something: if it is hard to fix this problem why don't customers with this problem set up a new account with an email that doesn't contain an .au at the end. You could then verify those accounts and unlock the digital content those customers have purchased. That way everyone can continue cutting the content they have paid for while your IT department is working on the issue.
Is this an option?

Have a wonderful day too!

Provocraft: Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to do this. We also do not recommend creating another account, we cannot delete or merge accounts. We are still working on this issue, we recommend to try signing in a little later in the week. We hope to have this working shortly.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call the number below where one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you or you are welcome to reply to this email.

Have a wonderful day!

The conversation above took place last week, and the craft room is still not working with my account. My friend who has an email address without the .au has logged on and used the craft room from my computer! I am getting frustrated now, I have a few digital cartridges I would really like to use. :( Anyone else got any more recent updates?

Edited by user Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:14:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MariaReyes1 Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:57:47 AM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
I am having the same problem Crying Crying and unable to use over 20 full content digital cartridges plus all my CCR exclusives Crying Crying Crying Always getting we are working on it Sad Sad Sad Sad
david06b5f4c4 Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:25:37 AM(UTC)
david06b5f4c4

I have the problem since trying to update craft room. I use an Orange Freeserve account my wife who had no problem uses a windows live account for craft room I have contacted Provocraft and got the same reply we are working on it they said that it would hopefully be fixed by the week end Crying
TammyPuckett Online
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:49:30 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Have you tried uninstalling the CCR, restarting your computer & re-installing to see if that helps? Just a thought!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
david06b5f4c4 on 5/9/2013(UTC)
david06b5f4c4 Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:03:01 AM(UTC)
david06b5f4c4

Thanks for the idea I have uninstalled craftroom and adobe air with no result twice. The problem appears to be account log in related but I am not an expert in these mattersConfused

Thanks David
shannancfe7392b Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:53:46 AM(UTC)
shannancfe7392b

My email does not end in au! So that is not the problem BUT I am getting very irritated! I am calling them again today.
MariaReyes1 Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:48:35 AM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
I received an email from Matt yesterday they are still working on the problem, but there is no fix yet. Sad Sad
TinaCampbell Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:28:00 AM(UTC)
TinaCampbell

[quote=creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a;1707455]Hi again, turns out that the program is working fine if your email address doesn't end in ".au" !!!

I don't have au and it doesn't work for me neither. So that isn't the problem unless it's more emails ending than just that
david06b5f4c4 Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:10:34 AM(UTC)
david06b5f4c4

just for information I got my wife to log in on my machine and she logged in with no problem and I still cant log in with my account so it still seems to be e mail account based and nothing to do with the actual program.Confused
steve.kirk7e079926 Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:14:19 AM(UTC)
steve.kirk7e079926

I too have a Freeserve email account which CCR will not recognise.

The problem seems to lie with the account names which are of course email addresses rather than CCR itself but the problems did arise from the forced update.

The issue now is Provocraft's poor response. It is about a month now since the problem arose and people have been denied the use of products they bought in good faith. The only response PC seem able to give is that "They are working on it" - no explanation of what the problem is or any realistic indication of when it will actually be resolved.

As I understand it, PC have been working on a fix to allow CCR users to change their email accounts (a common happening these days) but still have not been able to resolve that problem either.

Very, very poor in this day and age.
loves2Bscrappin Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:27:11 AM(UTC)
loves2Bscrappin

United States

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 313 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TinaCampbell Go to Quoted Post
[quote=creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a;1707455]Hi again, turns out that the program is working fine if your email address doesn't end in ".au" !!!

I don't have au and it doesn't work for me neither. So that isn't the problem unless it's more emails ending than just that

I have a gmail email and I can't log in, VERY frustrating!
david06b5f4c4 Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 1:38:02 PM(UTC)
david06b5f4c4

Why can we not revert to the earlier version it workedMad
steve.kirk7e079926 Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 4:49:17 PM(UTC)
steve.kirk7e079926

Originally Posted by: david06b5f4c4 Go to Quoted Post
Why can we not revert to the earlier version it workedMad

A reasonable suggestion you'd think (most software companies can do it) but apparently Provo Craft can't.

There seems to be a lot they can't do in the digital field.

Given their poor response to this problem I've done some research and it seems PC are beset by technical and financial problems. In the words of an insider from early last year;

"Cricut's foray into the digital world is a mess. Their online-only design program is a dog (certainly when compared to SCAL, MTC, and most other design software), and the prices for digital content are ridiculous."

If I'd known that when I bought the Mini....

The current situation is a mess. We bought a product in good faith and for the past month it has been broken and any digital cartridges we purchased have been unusable. Under consumer protection law I think that entitles us to a refund. However the machine itself is fine (I think!) so the vendor we bought it from isn't really at fault. The problem lies with Provo Crafts software on which the machine is totally dependant but I suspect PC are not going to offer a refund on all the items you purchased from them despite the failure being in their court.

david06b5f4c4 Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:26:52 PM(UTC)
david06b5f4c4

Provo craft have sent this in response to my phone call today.

We have the corrected the Craft Room login errors you may have experienced; however, if you receive the message below when attempting to login to the Cricut Craft Room, we advise you to temporarily change your email address to something shorter. Current limitations prevent Craft Room logins with emails longer than 32 characters.

We are actively working on correcting these limitations. If you would like to use the Craft Room immediately, please follow the steps below to change your email address. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

There was a problem creating or storing user information for user: email address: Failed to Create New User Account.String or binary data would be truncated.

To change the email address on your cricut.com account follow these instructions:
1. Visit www.cricut.com
2. Click on “LOG IN” at the top of the page

3. Log in to your account with your email address and password
4. Click on your name at the top (The “LOG IN” button will be replaced with your name when you are logged in)
5. Click on “Change Email”

6. After submitting your new email address, you will be sent an email confirmation to your new email address. Simply, click on the link to confirm the change of email.

We will be happy to assist you is you experience any trouble with this procedure.

Thank you!

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:37:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: actual email address irrevelent