Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Auntie Dene Offline
#91 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:18:56 AM(UTC)
Auntie Dene

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I just want to thank PC. Thank you PC.
maria2193 Offline
#92 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:23:01 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SuzieQ Go to Quoted Post
I have the $20 credit in my account, but did not receive an email about it. Can someone please tell me, is there an expiry date on using this credit.

Where would I find this $20 credit?

Smile Maria
Tina E Offline
#93 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:35:55 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mandys Go to Quoted Post
I am excited to link mine when I get home from work! I will have to find it first tho, since CCR I hardly use it.

I am sorry some users are dissapointed that the gypsy is discontinued, but I have a casette player I'd like to sell you. Seriously, technology: yes, it gets outdated & obsolete thats the whole point of moving forward with innovation.

I am glad to see a craft company striving for innovation and marketing their product toward the future rather than the past. Maybe they will create an CCR app for tablets than can be used to cut. Who knows?

Seriously, I disagree, the Gypsy is not obsolete. It is the best idea on the market. What other company has a device that you can grab and go? Be able to scrap anywhere, without a computer? None of them do. I can see updating a few things on the Gypsy, but getting rid of it makes no sense. When I go camping, (as I have no kids at home, this is just time to rest and relax) I have no internet, so CCR is not an option.

Their market is not all digital. Not all like digital. Not all want to be required to have internet access or a computer to craft. At home, internet access is more likely but when you get out and live life (camping, beach and so many other places) internet is not available. Not to mention in some areas of this country, they are still on dial-up. I was in a hotel lately that had dial-up, I was in CCR and that was a nightmare! and never finished.

As technology changes, so do companies. However, the Gypsy is the one thing PC has going for them that no other company offers. The ability to craft, with all of your images, in one place at the weight of about 2 lbs. I do hope PC will come up with something similar to the Gypsy. I have a backup but when those are gone...so will be my carefree crafting.

Edited by user Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:37:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users thanked Tina E for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 4/18/2013(UTC), BJR on 4/18/2013(UTC), nightmare/fan on 4/18/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/18/2013(UTC), ~tallulah~ on 4/27/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC), YvonneRay on 7/27/2013(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#94 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:54:42 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 2393 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tina E Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, I disagree, the Gypsy is not obsolete. It is the best idea on the market. What other company has a device that you can grab and go? Be able to scrap anywhere, without a computer? None of them do. I can see updating a few things on the Gypsy, but getting rid of it makes no sense. When I go camping, (as I have no kids at home, this is just time to rest and relax) I have no internet, so CCR is not an option.

Their market is not all digital. Not all like digital. Not all want to be required to have internet access or a computer to craft. At home, internet access is more likely but when you get out and live life (camping, beach and so many other places) internet is not available. Not to mention in some areas of this country, they are still on dial-up. I was in a hotel lately that had dial-up, I was in CCR and that was a nightmare! and never finished.

As technology changes, so do companies. However, the Gypsy is the one thing PC has going for them that no other company offers. The ability to craft, with all of your images, in one place at the weight of about 2 lbs. I do hope PC will come up with something similar to the Gypsy. I have a backup but when those are gone...so will be my carefree crafting.

1,000,000% agree!
 3 users thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
BJR on 4/18/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#95 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:56:14 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: Scootingranny Go to Quoted Post
The ones that show up for me on CCR and Gypsy for that promotion are Blackletter, Indie Art, Christmas (noel), Printing Press, Smiley and TBBM along with Gypsy Font and Gypsy Wanderings (that are included with all Gypsy machines).

These "free" gypsy carts are still on my gypsy but did NOT transfer over to CCR.

Also...my imagine carts that are loaded onto my gypsy did NOT transfer over to CCR.

How do we get these two issues resolved?

mandys Offline
#96 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:00:18 AM(UTC)
mandys

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
At home, internet access is more likely but when you get out and live life (camping, beach and so many other places) internet is not available. .

Well you are right about that. I guess when I am at the lake or at the beach having my eyes glued to an electronic device is the last thing on my mind. I got to those places to get away from LCD screens...Cool
rnicols7d083053 Offline
#97 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:55:42 AM(UTC)
rnicols7d083053

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)

How can the gypsy be obsolete? It is the best idea that any company has come out with. I also like to camp and take my gypsy with me. I can not take all my supplies with me but the gypsy is portable and I can still craft while away from home. I do not want to rely on the craft room working properly and internet working properly. I do use ccr but I do not want to rely on it completely. If the craft room is not working I can still craft with my gypsy and expression. The gypsy is what made me a provo craft fan. I am disappointed that the gypsy is out of production. I know I already have one but what happens when mine breaks and they can not repair it. I also hope that PC will come out with a newer version of the gypsy and hopefully something that I can afford.
 5 users thanked rnicols7d083053 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 4/18/2013(UTC), BJR on 4/18/2013(UTC), nightmare/fan on 4/21/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC)
cricaholic Offline
#98 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:38:08 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1199 time(s) in 682 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post

These "free" gypsy carts are still on my gypsy but did NOT transfer over to CCR.

Also...my imagine carts that are loaded onto my gypsy did NOT transfer over to CCR.

How do we get these two issues resolved?

Bored They have posted about this "they are aware of the problem and are working on it"
Laugh Coming SOON

Scrapperdee Offline
#99 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:03:07 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
Bored They have posted about this "they are aware of the problem and are working on it"
Laugh Coming SOON

I saw it...I posted my question 2 hours before their 'solution'. I was able to link all of my imagine carts !

Edited by user Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:54:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DonnaBlair Offline
#100 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:25:02 AM(UTC)
DonnaBlair

I have been waiting so long for this - and finally it has become a reality. AND IT WORKED for me. I had no glitches or hangups. I followed the instructions for doing the updates and my cartridges were all there.

Thank you Provo Craft for working to get this done. AND the $20 coupon was a great plus! I love my Cricut and now have a choice to make...what new cartridge to buy!
BJR Offline
#101 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:37:39 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I have a question. If I can get my computer to work and update CDS & CCR. If my Gypsy will work and update, is the only way to update via CCR now and if you do will that prevent you from using CDS. I prefer my Gypsy and CDS, now I am sad that neither will be viable in the future. Not that I did not expect to loose one more vital cricut product. BJR.
Carolyn S Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:30:22 PM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Thank you so much! BigGrin
Carolyn
Sara9161 Offline
#103 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:03:56 PM(UTC)
Sara9161

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Tonight I am trying to update my Gypsy, and then I will attempt to do the CCR link. Cricut Sync has been stuck on the screen that says "Do not turn off device, Gypsy updating, Installing firmware, done" for about 2 hours. The Gypsy screen says "updating your Gypsy, please do not power off, disconnect or unplug your Gypsy. Your Gypsy will power off when the update has completed".

The directions say this step should only take 10 minutes. What should I do?

UPDATE: I decided to leave the Gypsy plugged in to the computer. I then closed Cricut Sync, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. Since the Gypsy was still plugged in, once installed the sync started again, and worked!!

Edited by user Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:29:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LORNADUCK Offline
#104 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:33:20 AM(UTC)
LORNADUCK

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I paid for the fix and paid the higher price for express? Has anyone gotten their labels yet? I am still waiting and paid the first day it came out. How long is it going to take to get the shipping labels???
Cricutgirlg Offline
#105 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:50:46 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 426 time(s) in 303 post(s)

I so agree! I finally got my gypsy linked to CCR this morning, but no gypsy free carts listed. I know they are working on this. Not happy with how things have been handled. Just really disappointed in losing projects and problems with updating.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:05:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 4/23/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC), SuzieQue on 5/14/2013(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:13:48 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post

100% agree - it surprises me that they want to go and follow their competitors and fight for market share rather than embrace and further develop something that is DIFFERENT.

2 users thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 4/28/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC)
EstherWheat Offline
#107 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:36:36 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I am thrilled to be able to use the Craft Room with Windows 8 AND to use my Gypsy!!! Great move Provo Craft!!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#108 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 4:41:05 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1464 time(s) in 1167 post(s)
HELP!!!!

First, I had nothing but trouble updating my Gypsy and synching everything. I had to completely re-format my G as it locked up, and there was nothing else I could do. I lost all of my files. Which was really no big deal, but still a pain.

My linked Gypsy carts all do show up on CCR now.

The one Imagine cart I had linked is missing from my G. And was the digital Imagine cart I bought last fall supposed to show up on my G???? It does not.

AND, I DO NOT HAVE the $20 credit with cricut.com. Yes, my Gypsy was registered. SO, will anyone read this that can help me, or do I have to call customer service. I spent quite a while trying to decide what to get, and I can't get anything right now.

Thank you for your help.
scrapsbygracie Offline
#109 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:37:31 PM(UTC)
scrapsbygracie

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 46 post(s)

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!!!
And until they make CCR available on mobile devices like android tablets and IPads then it is useless to me. I love the mobility of them Gypsy. I do wish the screen was bigger but I will take it any day over packing around laptop.
 3 users thanked scrapsbygracie for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 4/30/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 5/2/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#110 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:26:46 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1464 time(s) in 1167 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapsbygracie Go to Quoted Post
I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!!!
And until they make CCR available on mobile devices like android tablets and IPads then it is useless to me. I love the mobility of them Gypsy. I do wish the screen was bigger but I will take it any day over packing around laptop.

Even packing my laptop around the house. I have to unhook it and unplug it from where it lives, move it into a different room, hook every thing up, cut, unhook it, move it, and hook it back up to it's home. Not gonna happen unless I am desperate. LOVE my Gypsy, now that I got it to work again.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 5/3/2013(UTC)
CraftyMrs Offline
#111 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 5:29:12 AM(UTC)
CraftyMrs

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 116 post(s)
My gypsy is not working after the latest update. I have called customer support twice and the issue has not been resolved. I have attempted to update on a windows and mac computer. My gypsy still turns on but when it closes down the program before it adds the image to the mat. I have tried going through the troubleshooting and reinstalling the firmware and it freezes on the last step. Both times I called CS they tell me to try reinstalling the firmware and it doesn't work!

I cannot use craftroom because it won't communicate with my expression or create.
Bugsy2 Offline
#112 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 6:05:16 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 450 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyMrs Go to Quoted Post
My gypsy is not working after the latest update. I have called customer support twice and the issue has not been resolved. I have attempted to update on a windows and mac computer. My gypsy still turns on but when it closes down the program before it adds the image to the mat. I have tried going through the troubleshooting and reinstalling the firmware and it freezes on the last step. Both times I called CS they tell me to try reinstalling the firmware and it doesn't work!

I cannot use craftroom because it won't communicate with my expression or create.

CS was able to resolve that problem for me.

jmax347738349ec Offline
#113 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 9:02:03 PM(UTC)
jmax347738349ec

Originally Posted by: Kut-n-Print Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to those of you who reported the issue with the 5 free carts promotion. I can't be without those carts so I'll wait until this is fixed before I link up to CCR. So glad I didn't find this out after the fact.
PC, we had access to these carts in CCR earlier, then lost it, now people are losing them off their G's, too. Please fix this issue and bring smiles all around. Thanks.

I lost my 5 free carts when doing an update awhile back.
scrapalette Offline
#114 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:50:07 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmax347738349ec Go to Quoted Post
I lost my 5 free carts when doing an update awhile back.

Call CS and they will add them to your cricut.com account.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Kut-n-Print on 12/30/2013(UTC)
GrammySue Offline
#115 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:11:16 AM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
How do I check to see if the $20 is in my account. I went into my account and there is nothing I do own a Gypsy and yes it is registered.

Sue
sunshineyp712794aaa Offline
#116 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:12:20 AM(UTC)
sunshineyp712794aaa

BigGrin BigGrin cool!!like this is cool!human hair lace front wigs now popular.