Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Godot's Girl Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:34:21 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2932 time(s) in 1754 post(s)
Hello all! I am looking for some advice. I have enough points to join the Circle, but just cannot decide if I should. I know what used to be available, and what is available now, through a membership. Those of you who are current Circle members.....will you renew next time....why or why not? Those of you who are not members....why? I would not join if I did not have the points, for strictly financial reasons. I really want to know what you think....both sides. I have over 3,000 Reward Points, and nothing on which to spend them. I have been hanging on to them in hopes of new items being offered, but am losing hope that that will happen. I have spent my points to buy carts and other items for others on the board, have purchased everything I want from what is offered, and still have enough points left to join the Circle, if I would so choose. So, please, help me choose...lol. GG
 2 users thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
gonescrappin' on 4/19/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 4/20/2013(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:36:01 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Was thanked: 1236 time(s) in 697 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Godot's Girl Go to Quoted Post
Hello all! I am looking for some advice. I have enough points to join the Circle, but just cannot decide if I should. I know what used to be available, and what is available now, through a membership. Those of you who are current Circle members.....will you renew next time....why or why not? Those of you who are not members....why? I would not join if I did not have the points, for strictly financial reasons. I really want to know what you think....both sides. I have over 3,000 Reward Points, and nothing on which to spend them. I have been hanging on to them in hopes of new items being offered, but am losing hope that that will happen. I have spent my points to buy carts and other items for others on the board, have purchased everything I want from what is offered, and still have enough points left to join the Circle, if I would so choose. So, please, help me choose...lol. GG

I would. I am a member, although I post on this board more. I do enjoy both sides.
 1 user thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/19/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:41:07 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1010 time(s) in 730 post(s)
Hi GG - I joined the circle as a Charter Member. The first year was fun and they had great Circle get - togethers and benefits. Those benefits have greatly dwindled. I have decided that I will nnot join again in August this year when my current membership expires. I see no benefit in it anymore. In fact, it has been a source of much frustration this past year.
Unless something changes before August I will not renew.
If you see a Circle exclusive cartridge that you want really bad,it might be worth it to you to turn in your points for the membership. They are being very non-commital about whether or not the rewards Program will continue and you dont want to lose those points...keep an eye on it.
Just IMHO Love At least you wont have spent actual money on it for your first year membership.BigGrin
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
carennewman Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:44:55 PM(UTC)
carennewman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 107 post(s)
I joi9ned last night, I had over 4,000 points and not knowing what they will do with the reward program, I would rather use my points than loose them.
 3 users thanked carennewman for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/19/2013(UTC), gonescrappin' on 4/19/2013(UTC), go-go on 4/21/2013(UTC)
CricutCutie Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:52:37 PM(UTC)
CricutCutie

United States

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I went ahead and joined last week using my points for the reasons others here have stated - I had a ton of built up points and nothing in normal rewards that I was interested in. My only concern is that I haven't gotten the follow up email that is supposed to finalize the purchase. I've sent an email to customer service but haven't heard back yet - so I can't speak for how well the process is working.

I just figured it was worth getting something rather than nothing for my points and I could spend this year seeing what the hub-ub was about. BigGrin

Charlene
 1 user thanked CricutCutie for this useful post.
gonescrappin' Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 4:31:19 PM(UTC)
gonescrappin'

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 9330 time(s) in 4810 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCutie Go to Quoted Post
I went ahead and joined last week using my points for the reasons others here have stated - I had a ton of built up points and nothing in normal rewards that I was interested in. My only concern is that I haven't gotten the follow up email that is supposed to finalize the purchase. I've sent an email to customer service but haven't heard back yet - so I can't speak for how well the process is working.

I just figured it was worth getting something rather than nothing for my points and I could spend this year seeing what the hub-ub was about. BigGrin

Charlene

Hi Charlene,
Welcome to the Circle. Give CS a call. They can get things moving for you.
gonescrappin' Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 4:40:33 PM(UTC)
gonescrappin'

United States

I've been a member from the start and really enjoy it, but I also love this MB too. If offered, I will join again because I have made some close friends that post on the Circle boards and my close friends that used to frequent this MB don't come here anymore. There are still some perks left, like access to the old Circle magazines, which are wonderful. There is also an additional 10% off purchases at cricut.com, double rewards points for purchases,(although I am not sure what will happen with the rewards program) and depending on how many rewards you have left after you join, there are still some of the older Circle carts on rewards for members to get for 1000 points. Good luck in your decision!
Colleen
 1 user thanked gonescrappin' for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/20/2013(UTC)
gonescrappin' Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 4:41:46 PM(UTC)
gonescrappin'

United States

Originally Posted by: carennewman Go to Quoted Post
I joi9ned last night, I had over 4,000 points and not knowing what they will do with the reward program, I would rather use my points than loose them.

Welcome to the Circle!
 1 user thanked gonescrappin' for this useful post.
go-go on 4/21/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:17:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gonescrappin' Go to Quoted Post
There are still some perks left, like access to the old Circle magazines, which are wonderful. Colleen

I'm not so sure newbies would get this perk....but, I might be wrong. If you don't see in the literature that you would have access to these old Circle magazines in the CIRCLE, you might want to call PC to see if you get this perk (if you are at all interested and this would be a decision-maker for you).

Personally, I won't be spending the $$$ to join the CIRCLE....unless PC brings back a lot of the perks we got in the beginning. I didn't spend the $$$ this last time (I've been here since the beginning). I used up my 3000 REWARDS POINTS I had sitting there for the longest time because there was NEVER anything in rewards that most of us didn't already have.

Yes, there are many nice people in the CIRCLE.....just as there are many nice people over here. BUT, I don't have to pay to have friends (if I have any, in fact). I can have just as much fun with people without having to pay money to be there.

One other thing......if you only have around 3000 REWARDS POINTS, it might be more worthwhile to wait until end of JULY to see if they do bring back any of the perks and join up then. If you have a lot more points and they offer to let CIRCLE members join for the 3000 points again in JULY (or August, not sure when), then maybe you will want to come on in. If you do, we will welcome you with open arms. I have a feeling they will offer the 3000 REWARDS again...I'm sure they (PC) would love to see a lot of those points used up in this way than all of us bugging them to put something in REWARDS we have all been waiting for for the past five years or so.

JMHO.

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 19, 2013 9:21:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
sharibear Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 9:32:22 PM(UTC)
sharibear

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 86 post(s)
i joined the circle just recently i have enjoyed it but i wish i would had an input on the cartridges to sign up with ,, i paid money for this,, i do enjoy both sides of chat and have met some really nice people and there are times i wonder if its worth it but all in all i enjoy itLove Love
 2 users thanked sharibear for this useful post.
DBCMC on 4/20/2013(UTC), Godot's Girl on 4/20/2013(UTC)
motherloves3 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:22:24 PM(UTC)
motherloves3

Canada

Was thanked: 310 time(s) in 186 post(s)
I joined last September and am glad I did. I like the circle message board and the 10% extra on cricut.com purchases and living in Canada the free shipping makes a big difference in my decision to order items.

If I have enough points I think I would join again but do wish that the previous circle cartridge were available for circle members to buy.

If you decide to join - welcome! BigGrin
 1 user thanked motherloves3 for this useful post.
DBCMC Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:57:59 AM(UTC)
DBCMC

United States

Was thanked: 1598 time(s) in 919 post(s)
I joined the Circle last year when the new program started. I had been debating whether to join prior to that to get the exclusive cartridges, but the timing wasn't right. By joining I was able to get several of the exclusive circle cartridges with my points and I was thrilled with that. I also have saved in shipping and discounts more than the amount that I paid so I think that I am ahead of the game from that perspective.

I have found that it has been great to be a part of both message boards. There are some members that only post on one side or the other and I can understand as time can be limited as to how much time you can invest to being on the boards.

There can be drama on either side and for the most part I try to avoid that. Overall though I would have to say that the +++ out way the ---- so I most likely will rejoin.

Not sure if this helps you with your decision or not!

Have a great day!
 2 users thanked DBCMC for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/20/2013(UTC), go-go on 4/21/2013(UTC)
Tina E Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:12:56 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: motherloves3 Go to Quoted Post
I joined last September and am glad I did. I like the circle message board and the 10% extra on cricut.com purchases and living in Canada the free shipping makes a big difference in my decision to order items.

If I have enough points I think I would join again but do wish that the previous circle cartridge were available for circle members to buy.

If you decide to join - welcome! BigGrin

Be sure when you sign into rewards that at the top it says "welcome Circl member". If you don't see it call PC. Once reads recognizes you there are circle cartridges only circle members can get
rhondah* Online
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:33:18 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 15210 time(s) in 8972 post(s)
I've been a member since the beginning and really enjoy it. Hope to see you in the Circle soon!

Edited by user Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:34:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
jenny dennis Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:41:43 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Was thanked: 16194 time(s) in 3913 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCutie Go to Quoted Post

Charlene

I had to call when I came in Dec. They fixed me right upBigGrin
jenny dennis Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:50:31 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Was thanked: 16194 time(s) in 3913 post(s)
I came in December I had enough points but I decided to pay so I could use those for some of the carts I wanted,I just love it and as some of the others said I think the 10% off free shipping
and if rewards continues extra points it is worth it. I have already decided that when mine comes up for rewenal I will sign up again hope to see ya soon!BigGrin
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:05:27 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Thank you all for your advice so far. When the price, and the benefits, were reduced, I considered PAYING for the membership, and using my Points to purchase items from Rewards, as mentioned by a previous poster. I know the Circle Rewards have more to offer, but since I cannot access that section, I do not know what that may be. Would anyone be able to tell me? I could stretch the budget, and (gasp!) pay for the membership, thanks to some recent card orders, but would it be worth it? Why is this soooooo hard?!?! LOL! I have just over 3100 points, so if I use the points option to buy the membership, I would not have much left with which to purchase other items. I guess waiting until July is an option, just concerned ProvoCraft will drop the program without any warning. As far as desperately wanting any of the carts offered with the membership, that is not the case for me. Most are offered in my LSS's, and therefore I have them, and of the 2 that are not, I have French Manor, and am not interested in Something to Remember. There are some other Circle exclusive carts I would like...Shall We Dance to name one....that I am hoping are offered in Circle Rewards. Oh, what should I do?!?!?!? Please keep the advice coming......thank you! GG
CricketCMV Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:37:31 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
Thank you all for your advice so far. When the price, and the benefits, were reduced, I considered PAYING for the membership, and using my Points to purchase items from Rewards, as mentioned by a previous poster. I know the Circle Rewards have more to offer, but since I cannot access that section, I do not know what that may be. Would anyone be able to tell me? I could stretch the budget, and (gasp!) pay for the membership, thanks to some recent card orders, but would it be worth it? Why is this soooooo hard?!?! LOL! I have just over 3100 points, so if I use the points option to buy the membership, I would not have much left with which to purchase other items. I guess waiting until July is an option, just concerned ProvoCraft will drop the program without any warning. As far as desperately wanting any of the carts offered with the membership, that is not the case for me. Most are offered in my LSS's, and therefore I have them, and of the 2 that are not, I have French Manor, and am not interested in Something to Remember. There are some other Circle exclusive carts I would like...Shall We Dance to name one....that I am hoping are offered in Circle Rewards. Oh, what should I do?!?!?!? Please keep the advice coming......thank you! GG

Right now, the only cartridges available under the CIRCLE exclusives are (each 1000 points):

FRENCH MANOR
Pop-UP NEIGHBORHOOD
SHALL WE DANCE
CRICUT EVERYDAY CARTRIDGE
3-BIRDS ON PARADE

Of these, 3-BIRDS was not a CIRCLE cartridge, but it is offered only to CIRCLE members in rewards right now. Don't know why; it's not one of my favorites....maybe others love it.

I hate to suggest waiting (as I did in my OP), because none of us know what might happen with these REWARDS options.....but, I can't think that PC would do away with it entirely at this time. There are too many still sitting out here with a lot of them on their hands and NEVER expected they would have to wait so long to redeem them.......and, I don't think PC could possibly see that it would be a great idea to cancel them.

Noone knows if they are going to offer CIRCLE up again with REWARDS points.....that is only speculation on my part.

JENNYDENNIS mentioned about the 10% perk we get.....that is usually additional after the other promotions they do on the MBs. E.g., if we get an email giving everyone a 25% discount, we usually get the 10% additional discount after the 25% discount. Those offers are pretty good, sometimes. Especially for those of us who don't really WANT to buy digitals but are seeing a few here and there we just can't do without!!

Char

Edited by user Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:40:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:45:50 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19087 time(s) in 8529 post(s)
If you decide to join, there is really no reason to wait to join. Your membership year starts the day you join (with the purchase with reward points option, you do have to wait for an email and code to complete the purchase) and runs for one year.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Di&Co Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:14:50 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21477 time(s) in 5317 post(s)
I love the circle for the friendships Ive made. I love the free shipping to Canada.
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/21/2013(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:30:58 AM(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy

United States

Was thanked: 12872 time(s) in 2283 post(s)
If you are wanting to grab up some of the Circle carts, I would just pay and then use your points to get the ones you can or need. That is what I did when I first joined (paying was the only option at the time). I payed and then used all my points up on cartridges. It's a great way to get them. I used points the second time around. I have found myself using the 10% off and free shipping. I enjoy both sides of the MB. The thing is there is no guarantee those carts will be there if you wait too long. The access to the Circle side of the board is instant but the rewards program takes a few days. You can call and see if they can manually add you in faster.

Edited by user Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:31:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Multicrafter Amy for this useful post.
go-go Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:09:56 PM(UTC)
go-go

United States

Was thanked: 1747 time(s) in 720 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
If you decide to join, there is really no reason to wait to join. Your membership year starts the day you join (with the purchase with reward points option, you do have to wait for an email and code to complete the purchase) and runs for one year.

I was thinking that the membership year ends July 31, no matter when you join. That's what I told my friend Carennewman when she just joined. Did I tell her wrong? (I hope so, for her.)
 1 user thanked go-go for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:00:43 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. As you can see, I took the plunge, and joined. I have had some unexpected card orders come in, so DH said I could spend the money on myself for once, so I took a little bit and did. The rest is going to pay for my plane ticket to go visit BCSQ in June....Yay!.....and to take my guys to Texas in July for a Tae Kwon Do event. I have been such a "joiner" lately.....I joined some blog challenges, Facebook, and now the Circle...lol. Hope I am welcome! GG
sharibear Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:08:08 PM(UTC)
sharibear

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 86 post(s)
WELCOME TO THE CIRCLE HUN HOPE YOU ENJOY IT Love Love Love
 1 user thanked sharibear for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 4/22/2013(UTC)